Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't hate that theory, I was kinda thinking through the same... my main hesitation is it feels a little scumsided to have both RB -and- sabotage abilities that are unknown to town, but I definitely agree that's the most compelling explanation as to why there was so much effort to deny town a cop result last night. and I guess the sabotage isn't that strong because the affected players are informed that it happened so it's not really an effective way to frame anybody

and I also still think Datisi's play feels pretty town now knowing a lot of other players alignments, it's maybe stupid and a small thing but if scum!Datisi really had both the insight and the moxie to call me "trying to be smart but failing" while knowing I'm town I really would be super impressed

kdowns feels like best odds of scum to me at this point by POE and how little that slot has offered collectively across its inhabitants, I am thinking he might actually be the safest lim today. if we're assuming town!Alisae then I think the remaining town is either UNOwen or Bingle but frankly I could see it being either of them
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 5022, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: If Ali's town however, with Sheep town too, getting a GREEN check on ALI from Sheep almost ALWAYS clears them BOTH. I can't see scumsheep giving me "alisae, Green" in anyworld, can you?
Why would scum sheep scum Alisae world not be possible?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

because sheep is dead and town
To be clear: quack
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by UNOwen »

You don't say
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

just a helpful reminder
I get what you're saying but my brain can't process this hypothetical rn
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5026, UNOwen wrote:
In post 5022, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: If Ali's town however, with Sheep town too, getting a GREEN check on ALI from Sheep almost ALWAYS clears them BOTH. I can't see scumsheep giving me "alisae, Green" in anyworld, can you?
Why would scum sheep scum Alisae world not be possible?
because Sheep is dead... and green flipped.

This is a post humous exploration of choices made last night. Scum would know Sheep is town from their PoV so... why would I explore that world here?

What are you even asking me?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:43 pm

In post 5025, GuiltyLion wrote: I don't hate that theory, I was kinda thinking through the same... my main hesitation is it feels a little scumsided to have both RB -and- sabotage abilities that are unknown to town, but I definitely agree that's the most compelling explanation as to why there was so much effort to deny town a cop result last night. and I guess the sabotage isn't that strong because the affected players are informed that it happened so it's not really an effective way to frame anybody

and I also still think Datisi's play feels pretty town now knowing a lot of other players alignments, it's maybe stupid and a small thing but if scum!Datisi really had both the insight and the moxie to call me "trying to be smart but failing" while knowing I'm town I really would be super impressed

kdowns feels like best odds of scum to me at this point by POE and how little that slot has offered collectively across its inhabitants, I am thinking he might actually be the safest lim today. if we're assuming town!Alisae then I think the remaining town is either UNOwen or Bingle but frankly I could see it being either of them
I'm honestly... I still think SleepyKrew might be town.

But this is approximately where I am at too. If Alisae is town, and you and I are town and I'm operating on that worldview

Kdowns is probably scum 100% of the time.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 5030, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: because Sheep is dead... and green flipped.

This is a post humous exploration of choices made last night. Scum would know Sheep is town from their PoV so... why would I explore that world here?

How would it clear them both if sheep turned up today claiming that Alisae was town? He wasn't trusted and was a contender for Ali partner.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by UNOwen »

Interestingly enough I was thinking that kdowns is probably scum in all circumstances too.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:48 pm

In post 5032, UNOwen wrote:
In post 5030, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: because Sheep is dead... and green flipped.

How would it clear them both if sheep turned up today claiming that Alisae was town? He wasn't trusted and was a contender for Ali partner.
Nothing auto clears them but if Sheep did that as opposed to say just claiming a scum result on Bingle or something, it would be weird.

I also just think that Sheep/Ali/??? as a scumteam doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think overall, the question of "why was sheep!town killed?" is answered with "Alisae is town" pretty solidly.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:48 pm

In post 5033, UNOwen wrote: Interestingly enough I was thinking that kdowns is probably scum in all circumstances too.
Does KDownsSTD/SK/Bingle make sense for a scumteam?

.... yeah it actually does.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

there's 1 little problem with that scumteam
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:59 pm

In post 5036, SleepyKrew wrote: there's 1 little problem with that scumteam
Right, and I could be wrong about one of the pieces on this. I'm frankly hoping to be dead by the time I anyone has to make a choice like that?

I would really love to dunk Kdowns scum go to the dead thread and not have to think about this game anymore tbh. Because looking around I see just a list of players I have townread this game and it makes me nervous.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:00 pm

But I'm probably not going to get gifted that. They likely kill GL first and then me unless someone becomes confirmed town somehow before that please god don't put me in 3p ELO this game that would be my fucking nightmare

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

totally fair

pedit: better you than me
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

can we gaslight scum into thinking I'm conf town
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:02 pm

but for real, here's my thing.

My theory is GL is most town and Ali feels too easy so I'm looking for someone else.

I still think Bingle is scum. It's the one legacy read I don't want to part with. I've been thinking Bingle is scummy for a long time and people go "no he's town" but I'm hesitant.

I don't think any team at this point makes sense without STD floating under the radar and getting the Xof elim.

So I'm split between you and UNOwen for the final person on this scumteam. I don't want to have to be the one to make that choice because UNOwen tripped my "oh it's UNOwen town" alarm and you've been literally town for me all game as well.

So by design one of you has to be a misread, as far as I can tell.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:04 pm

So I'm at
LLD-GL

Ali

SleepyKrew-UNOwen

Bingle

KDowns

that's my current solve pool. I'm only 100% certain about LLD and GL town, I'm leaning that Ali is probably town here, I think it's hard for me to be wrong about BOTH you and UNOwen, Bingle is probably scum but I can be wrong there, all it takes is one bad read above and Bingle's town

but KDowns I don't think is ever town here.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

is the Ali townread based on eir play as well or just that it makes sense with the sheep kill + would be "too easy" as you said for Ali to be scum
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:09 pm

In post 5043, SleepyKrew wrote: is the Ali townread based on eir play as well or just that it makes sense with the sheep kill + would be "too easy" as you said for Ali to be scum
it's kind of both.

I just got done with a game where Ali was town and couldn't find me as town and quick eliminated me for no good reason and the vibes I get here are the same vibes I got in that game too.

But ali has been notoriously hard to read due to how chaotic e is, so using the situational logic and mech stuff and analyzing AROUND Ali is what makes me more confident than just how my eye test tells me.

And mechanically and play wise... I don't think Ali sets eirself up in a position as a doctor to get boned like this, Ali's the type to want to carry a game from my recolection. Combine this with the powers finally coming out fo the shell and being used so we know they do exist, plus a sheep kill plus Furtive being town it's...

It just all adds up.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:12 pm

like you're asking me the right questions so i'm really grateful because my mind is in a mess and i'm worried about getting it wrong

i'm basically in a positon where i'm very easy to find as town here which means i have a lot of responsibility to like... the game to get it right?

I had an anxiety attack about getting this wrong today. After the talk with UNOwen I was like "fuckkk what if UNOwen is scum and I've been covering for him the whole game despite people being suspicious" and I just... I had to take a walk to calm down.

It means a lot to me, more than it probably should, to be right and have people see me as competent and skilled. and I haven't felt that way this game. Maybe it's the Furtive insult stuff getting in my head too but the last thing I wanna do is end this game with a town loss and have furtive fucking make fun of me again.

I just don't want it. It's bothering me. It makes me itch.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:13 pm

this is what happens when i stop holding my cards to my chest

i ramble and all my emotions spill out and people see into the chaos factory of paranoia that is my brain and

gahhhh i feel vulnerable and exposed and i hate it but i need people to bounce off me to solve this

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5044, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 5043, SleepyKrew wrote: is the Ali townread based on eir play as well or just that it makes sense with the sheep kill + would be "too easy" as you said for Ali to be scum
it's kind of both.

I just got done with a game where Ali was town and couldn't find me as town and quick eliminated me for no good reason and the vibes I get here are the same vibes I got in that game too.

But ali has been notoriously hard to read due to how chaotic e is, so using the situational logic and mech stuff and analyzing AROUND Ali is what makes me more confident than just how my eye test tells me.

And mechanically and play wise... I don't think Ali sets eirself up in a position as a doctor to get boned like this, Ali's the type to want to carry a game from my recolection. Combine this with the powers finally coming out fo the shell and being used so we know they do exist, plus a sheep kill plus Furtive being town it's...

It just all adds up.
I feel all of this, one other thing too is that if Alisae is scum then I really do not know what e's partners are doing. like they'd be setting em up mechanically to be outed but then hard defending em the whole time? There was
so
much resistance to Alisae yesterday, even among players that weren't explicitly arguing with me there was just no traction on my push, and I think in a world where Alisae is scum and the fall person there'd be a buddy maneuvering to try to look as Town As Possible from e's flip.

on the powers, I had one other thought, maybe they require $$ to use and so scum had to get elected to positions and get funding before they could start using them. That would assuage my worries about balance a bit, though it's all just speculation and probably not super useful to think about
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

Skrew should declare board
lld and gl should decide who is declaring trash and Council
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 5022, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: We're looking for 1 more townie in that group.
:b::regional_indicator_i::regional_indicator_n::regional_indicator_g::regional_indicator_l::regional_indicator_e:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”