Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5074, GuiltyLion wrote:
Declare Mayor
What should I run for? Trash?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Bingle »

Garbage is probably the best yeah.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I was thinking tracker again makes sense
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:15 am

In post 5077, GuiltyLion wrote: yeah I was thinking tracker again makes sense
aight bet.

Declare: Trash Collector

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Bingle »

So, I have been wondering about why the sabotage happened last night, and I can't help but wonder. The first explanation is that scum wanted to mess with the quality of the results given this is the first night we've publicly considered going all in on getting results, and it's not targeted at anybody. I don't really think that's the case, tbh. The second thought was that this was targeted at me. After all, GL's overnight thoughts were all about how this should make me look bad. I could maybe see this as a frame job trying to tie a brick to my legs. I then considered who this makes look good: GL. If he is scum this is a pretty good way of going "Why would I bother sabotaging the budget when I already had control of it" despite the fact that any unreasonable funding choice would naturally come under suspicion. My last thought, though, is that we've now had two nights of weird results due to some form of scum fuckery (Ali either faking a doc or being rb'd and this sabotage business) and both came on nights when we borrowed from the treasury. What if the scum actions can only be used when we take out loans and were explicitly there as a way to prevent town from getting a giant advantage on like N1 if town had an overfunded all town council?

Given that and the lack of trust I'm going to have for any claimed results, I think we should just not use power roles tonight unless they can be funded without going into debt. If a small loan managed to let them sabotage or roleblock or whatever, imagine what a big loan might cost us.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Bingle »

@GL, what caused your major turnaround from Ali defscum overnight to Aliprobablytown today?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:43 am

oh so you think it's "when town takes loans from the bank, scum own the bank and get funded for their powers from it"?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5079, Bingle wrote: I then considered who this makes look good: GL. If he is scum this is a pretty good way of going "Why would I bother sabotaging the budget when I already had control of it" despite the fact that any unreasonable funding choice would naturally come under suspicion.
I get that this is a plausible thing to be worried about but here's my question to you

if I were scum who planned on killing sheep why would I not also fund him and throw the town further into debt

like the only reason I'd do that is specifically to try to grab towncred, but it puts scum team at a pretty big disadvantage in that we can fund roles tonight. there'd be no cost to scum me to giving sheep 110, sabotaging the budget, then burying sheep with gold - I think the fact that town is only $45 in debt today is pro-town enough to outweigh paranoia around 'what if scum!GL is just trying to look good'
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5080, Bingle wrote: @GL, what caused your major turnaround from Ali defscum overnight to Aliprobablytown today?
also was this not clear on the past page? the sheep kill is really weird if Aliscum

I'd like to understand whether you have an alternate explanation

why did scum go through so much effort to negate a town cop result that a lot of us probably wouldn't have even trusted to begin with

why was town!sheep a threat enough to scum to be worth killing when he was being scumread by almost everybody

like the main reason I didn't fund sheep was because I felt even if he had a guilty I wouldn't be able to trust it, so funding him felt like it wouldn't actually accomplish anything
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 5081, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: oh so you think it's "when town takes loans from the bank, scum own the bank and get funded for their powers from it"?
I don't see another way for scum funding to be a thing, tbh. I'd actually just straight up dismissed it yesterday when GL brought it up as a possibility because it'd be pretty obvious if we funded someone and they just used the money on something else. Not to mention it's a negative feedback loop which is badgamedesign and I've talked to shea about that before at length.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I realize my last post is kind of implicit, the point is the
best
explanation for the sheep kill in my mind is if Alisae is town, scum want to bank the game on miseliminating em today, and they wanted to prevent any chance of sheep getting a town!Alisae result
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 5083, GuiltyLion wrote: why did scum go through so much effort to negate a town cop result that a lot of us probably wouldn't have even trusted to begin with
This is pretty much the reason for post 5079. Like, regardless of who was scum here, why? Last night's shit is just bizarre, and I'm trying to figure out what that means for the game state.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 am

In post 5085, GuiltyLion wrote: I realize my last post is kind of implicit, the point is the
best
explanation for the sheep kill in my mind is if Alisae is town, scum want to bank the game on miseliminating em today, and they wanted to prevent any chance of sheep getting a town!Alisae result
This is my full agreement, and I think Kdowns is scum and just lurking hoping not to condemn whatever partners he has by connections, since we have to be right 3 times in a row to win. =/

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I'm probably getting ahead of myself here and I'll wait to see what LLD says but if she tracked Alisae and got the result that Alisae went nowhere, I'd consider that a soft inno in this gamestate. If I'm a scum team with Alisae I send Alisae to do any night kills at this point since e is the most suspected member and already soft mech-guiltied already
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 5085, GuiltyLion wrote: I realize my last post is kind of implicit, the point is the best explanation for the sheep kill in my mind is if Alisae is town, scum want to bank the game on miseliminating em today, and they wanted to prevent any chance of sheep getting a town!Alisae result
That seems pretty reasonable, actually.

And you're right that any towncred you get from burning sheep without funding is probably less than the basically free elimination of sheep, so that's like major tinfoil. Which leaves me at the scum is trying to frame me option or the scum can only act with a loan option as likely contenders for a why and the latter kind of fits with Ali's failed doc being the first actual scum power evidence we've seen.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 am

In post 5088, GuiltyLion wrote: also I'm probably getting ahead of myself here and I'll wait to see what LLD says but if she tracked Alisae and got the result that Alisae went nowhere, I'd consider that a soft inno in this gamestate. If I'm a scum team with Alisae I send Alisae to do any night kills at this point since e is the most suspected member and already soft mech-guiltied already
>.>

<.<

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 5088, GuiltyLion wrote: also I'm probably getting ahead of myself here and I'll wait to see what LLD says but if she tracked Alisae and got the result that Alisae went nowhere, I'd consider that a soft inno in this gamestate. If I'm a scum team with Alisae I send Alisae to do any night kills at this point since e is the most suspected member and already soft mech-guiltied already
I mean, that's basically the same logic that led to my townread on SKrew, yeah.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I know last night I was thinking track should go on a deepwolf but I think I was just wrong / not thinking through it, especially with town!sheep there'd be no reason for wolf!UNOwen or wolf!SK or whoever to do anything

also to be clear Bingle I don't think the sabotage like inherently makes you suspect or anything, I think there's a town explanation for your reasoning, realistically I should treat it as NAI overall. I could see a world where the team is exactly kdowns/SK/UNOwen
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:11 am

I'm explicitly not saying if I did or did not get a track result due to funding sabotage or who I did it on for the sake of trying to read people better but

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Bingle »

I don't know if I 100% trust alitown yet, but you've definitely shaken the surety I felt going into night that e is scum. I kinda just want to get the confirmation of budget shit out of the way so I can focus all of my attention here and not have that little bit of doubt in the back of my head. This all gets so much easier (and also so much harder) if Uno just comes in and say you're a stupid liar face.

Who hasn't declared?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler:
In post 4991, Alisae wrote: lets declare roles and get this phase done quickly ig
Declare: Board
In post 4993, UNOwen wrote: I know we’ve had a crummy run - but today is the day it turns around! I’m sure of it...

Declare: Treasurer

Someone I trust needs to look at the budget.
In post 4995, kdowns wrote:
Declare: mayor
In post 5009, Bingle wrote:
Declare sheriff
In post 5074, GuiltyLion wrote:
Declare Mayor
In post 5078, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 5077, GuiltyLion wrote: yeah I was thinking tracker again makes sense
aight bet.

Declare: Trash Collector

Skrew, declare cm so it doesn't disappear on the off chance we figure out a good use of it and we can rush through the election phase.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:44 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Yeah that sounds better than board (idk why Ali told me to declare board after e already did it)

DECLARE: Council Member
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:44 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

wonder who’s gonna win the contested mayoral election
To be clear: quack
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Bingle »

Probably Boaty McBoatface.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In the interest of impersonating our mod:

It is now Election Phase

Current Candidates

Treasurer[0]Unowen

Sherriff[1]
Bingle
Mayor[0]
kdowns, GuiltyLion
Council Member[0]
SleepyKrew
Trash Collector[0]
LLD
Board of Election[0]
Alisae

Countdown to deadline: 182919 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes

As always if everyone votes for a fast election election phase will end when the last ballot is submitted.

Spam FB with pms and tell him to expedite shipping.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”