petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One: Vote Count #9

5 ClockworkRuse (urielzyx, CarnCarn, Machiavellian-Mafia, Battousai, ortolan)
3 Battousai (Caboose, Ramus, destructor)
1 ortolan (ClockworkRuse)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline hits on December 1 at 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 3 – MiteyMouse, Mizzy, ThAdmiral

Searching for a replacement for Ramus.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by ortolan »

Firstly;
CR wrote:Oh, and I'd like to ask if when using Fong's Gambit, should you ask for more pressure? Doesn't that hinder with the gambit?
Mizzy wrote:And where's the answer to 155?
CR wrote: Seconding an answer to post 155;
Oh, and I'd like to ask if when using Fong's Gambit, should you ask for more pressure? Doesn't that hinder with the gambit?
How was I to know that a question which seemingly has nothing to do with me was in fact addressed specifically to me? I suggest you be (much) clearer in the future. And this just seems again like you're trying to alternate between criticism of me/Ramus to build a case on either of us (I was not the one "employing Fong's gambit", he was). Anyhow; I don't really know why/how to answer your question, you are apparently referring to Ramus' post 52 where he suggests he deliberately brought pressure on himself by self-voting (see; in future when you're trying to build a case against someone it's polite to actually link to the posts you're talking about rather than making them do all the legwork- in this case I'll indulge you as you clearly haven't got a leg to stand on). Firstly; again, why are you asking me this? Seems like a question better directed at Ramus. Secondly, he openly acknowledged earlier it was his first time attempting a self-vote, so he may just be inexperienced. Alternatively, he is scum trying the gambit poorly. Either way this is entirely irrelevant to my case against you.

@ Mizzy: are you aware your strongest argument against me at this point is that my vote against ClockworkRuse *may* have amounted to an OMGUS? I also don't like you "unvoting" in preparation for a new vote without having the guts to follow through.

@ CR again:
The way you worded the post, it didn't sound like you were denying it was an OMGUS. It read like you were attempting to acknowledge and dismiss it. So it isn't my fault you are being called on an OMGUS.
As I already said, you can interpret it either way and you still don't have a case against me. If voting for someone voting for you was an automatic scumtell just think about what it would mean for the dynamics of the game (hell, read the wiki entry on OMGUS, nowhere does it suggest it's an automatic scumtell). Anyhow I had further reasons for voting for you- it started with the manner of your attack on me and the implied attack on Ramus (note: the "manner" rather than the mere "fact" of your attack). Also, you've subsequently given me even more reasons to vote for you.

@ Mizzy:
Mizzy wrote:
CarnCarn wrote: What exactly is this based off of? You are implying that he is being opportunistic.
If this is true, I don't see any reason why he would defend Ramus self-voting (unless maybe if they are scum together, and even then that is not a given) instead of just piling on to that wagon.
No, I am implying that he is lazy. As you point out, he hasn't really been opportunistic.
Please be clear, are you suggesting I am "lazy town" or "lazy scum"? If "lazy scum" I don't see how this is much different from being "opportunistic scum", so I am skeptical of your distinction. If you are merely suggesting I am "lazy town" then why does it look as though you're mounting a case against me?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Mizzy »

ortolan wrote:How was I to know that a question which seemingly has nothing to do with me was in fact addressed specifically to me?
Because it was addressed to you, and we even reminded you several times after the fact that it was addressed to you.
ortolan wrote:@ Mizzy: are you aware your strongest argument against me at this point is that my vote against ClockworkRuse *may* have amounted to an OMGUS? I also don't like you "unvoting" in preparation for a new vote without having the guts to follow through.
No, I don't think it is, but I think your response to the whole thing is the most damning bit against you. Look how much you are over-reacting!

And not having the guts to go through with it? Since when is waiting to see someone's responses being a wuss? It's what people SHOULD do before voting, is it not? Your Jedi mind tricks have no effect on me, I will wait until I feel the time is right to vote, give my case, and so be it.
ortolan wrote:Please be clear, are you suggesting I am "lazy town" or "lazy scum"?
If I knew, I would have said, but I don't have a clear enough read yet.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:37 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ cr: what is fong's gambit?
Also ortolan was a bit defensive in his replies to you, but it seems like that's just his general play. I don't know, though, haven't played with him before to my knowledge.

in other news...
I doubt battouasi is scum. Even though I don't think it's justified he is "scum hunting", which is pro town.

I still don't really know where my vote will end up. I hope I don't have to choose out of batt/cr because right now I really don't want to lynch either.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 am

Post by ortolan »

Mizzy wrote:
ortolan wrote:How was I to know that a question which seemingly has nothing to do with me was in fact addressed specifically to me?
Because it was addressed to you, and we even reminded you several times after the fact that it was addressed to you.
Um, no it wasn't obviously addressed to me, otherwise I would have answered it previously. How the hell am I to know a post about Ramus' play is addressed to me?

I second an earlier point that the lurkers should post more.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Mizzy »

ortolan wrote:Um, no it wasn't obviously addressed to me, otherwise I would have answered it previously. How the hell am I to know a post about Ramus' play is addressed to me?
Considering that at least two of us had entire posts directed to you that included references to the question, it should have been obvious.

Thank you for answering, though I think the point was to get your opinion on the matter and not accuse you of anything, but that just may be how I read it and I could be wrong.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 am

Post by ortolan »

Considering that at least two of us had entire posts directed to you that included references to the question, it should have been obvious.
It was obvious, after that. It just wasn't at all clear from his initial post.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Axelrod »

Hello! I am replacing Ramus.

It's Thanksgiving Holiday and everything, but I'm going to try and put some time into this later today.

Looking forward to it.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:03 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Axelrod replaces Ramus, effective immediately.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Axelrod »

I have skimmed. Apparently I replaced a guy with a stick up his rear.

First impressions are that I think I approve of this CR wagon we are having and Mizzy comes across as pretty townie. The way Destructor is defending CR comes across as weird and I don't think I like him either.

Battousi seems all right. As does MM.

Unvote

I realize that doesn't tell anyone much of anything yet. I'll probably come back and make a real "case" on someone later.

Death-Millers are totally bogus also.

Apparently we also have a rapidly approaching deadline, so in the interests of moving things along I'd like to suggest to CR that he maybe go ahead and claim if he's got something to claim.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Caboose »

Checking in. Will post after read-through of what has recently happened.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Before I go through the posts, the Fong's Gambit question wasn't just to you, Ort. It was to the entire town.

Fong's gambit is what Ramus said he was attempting to try out, after stalling for some time and not being very cooperative. It basically boils down to self-voting in the RVS then attacking anyone who joins the wagon.

From what I saw, Ramus ASKED for more pressure and never followed through with the gambit, which makes me question it.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Battousai wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
Battousai wrote:Destructer: Pressure votes can do more than just make someone post... Now CR may act differently with x amount of votes than x-1. I also feel there is a good chance CR is scum. I'm just getting the same feeling from him this game as the last game we were in (he was scum, obviously). I didn't really want to say that as a reason of why I feel he is scum since you can't defend yourself from it.
And what would that feeling be?
What are you expecting here? I already said I felt you were scum.

And I'd like to note, last game you got this feeling I was just attacking a claimed doctor and lurking. Am I doing either at the moment?
:roll: You can't do the exact same thing every game....
destructor wrote:ortolan's response to me (and Mizzy, I guess) is... more OMGUS?
Battousai wrote:Destructer: Pressure votes can do more than just make someone post... Now CR may act differently with x amount of votes than x-1. I also feel there is a good chance CR is scum. I'm just getting the same feeling from him this game as the last game we were in (he was scum, obviously). I didn't really want to say that as a reason of why I feel he is scum since you can't defend yourself from it.
So... how has your vote changed the dynamics of his play?
That's like asking what would have happened if you went to the mall instead of the movies. You can only speculate on how he would act.

What have you learnt through your "pressure" vote on him?
From what has been said, I don't think CR has done anything worth being lynched yet. But maybe being at L-2 he has kept up being active.

"I'm just getting the same feeling" means gut?
Yes, that's why I haven't really listed it as a reason for the vote, since you can't defend against gut.
How is his play similar as a game where he was scum? Do you know that he hasn't played the same as town?
I get the same feeling I had as the game I was in when he was scum.

And I don't buy into this whole idea that you can call something a "pressure" vote and it will automatically mean anything. Your vote on CR is doing nothing but increasing the chances of him being lynched, not because it's outing him as scum, but because of cold and impartial game mechanics. You haven't made a case on CR and I see your reasoning - "pressure" - as an excuse to jump onto his wagon.
ClockworkRuse wrote:
I'd also like to point out that this is almost the exact same situation as the first Newbie game I played with you.

How does my play here add up to my play there?
Honestly, I haven't looked back at that game at all
To me, this says that you voted me with little reasoning besides what's already been said by the others.

Noted.

Now, back to Ort.
Ort wrote:As I already said, you can interpret it either way and you still don't have a case against me. If voting for someone voting for you was an automatic scumtell just think about what it would mean for the dynamics of the game (hell, read the wiki entry on OMGUS, nowhere does it suggest it's an automatic scumtell). Anyhow I had further reasons for voting for you- it started with the manner of your attack on me and the implied attack on Ramus (note: the "manner" rather than the mere "fact" of your attack). Also, you've subsequently given me even more reasons to vote for you.
I'm not going to bother to go read the wiki. The wiki is FILLED with information, but that doesn't mean I have to trust or believe in all of it.

I agree that an OMGUS isn't an automatic scum tell. The way you tried to excuse it is scummy. It read to me as; "I know this is an OMGUS, but I have reasoning behind it, I swear!" [And yes, I already know that you've "been looking at me since post seventy" and I am going to look into that fact.]

Please post your more reasons to vote. I would love to see a case summary from you.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by ortolan »

Before I go through the posts, the Fong's Gambit question wasn't just to you, Ort. It was to the entire town.
That's not what Mizzy seems to think. You both reiterated it as though it was addressed to me, and as though I was somehow to have already known that. But this is a fairly pointless train of discussion.
Please post your more reasons to vote. I would love to see a case summary from you.
I have already done so, I have little of substance to add at this point.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

ortolan wrote:
That's not what Mizzy seems to think. You both reiterated it as though it was addressed to me, and as though I was somehow to have already known that. But this is a fairly pointless train of discussion.
I have already done so, I have little of substance to add at this point.
Then please reiterate your suspicions into one post.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

I've done enough of your work for you. If you have any further problems with my attack or vote on you please bring them to my attention.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

ortolan wrote:I've done enough of your work for you. If you have any further problems with my attack or vote on you please bring them to my attention.
This is noted.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

you might as well do it ort. you should know what they are anyway.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Mizzy »

I don't really see any reason not to put your suspicions all in one post, ort, so are you just not doing it to be belligerent to CR or do you have a real reason to refuse?

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:01 am

Post by destructor »

ortolan, emphasis added wrote:I have felt
his arguments against me
since I've been actively voting for him
have been even more horrible than those he made prior
Ort, this seems to sum up the nature of your case on CR. So, my question to you was completely legitimate. You haven't explained why someone making poor arguments makes them especially suspicious.
ortolan wrote:And on your comment on Battousai; while I certainly won't deny the possibility he's scum I don't like how you've been singling in upon him since your very first post of content. He openly conceded that his pressure vote was exactly what it was when he made it. I personally don't think scum would make such an attention-drawing move.
I think Battousai is scum. You're the first player to express a problem with this. Should I be worried?

Regarding him announcing his pressure vote, just saying it is doesn't make it so. I also don't think his was an attention drawing move. I think he jumped in with the rest of the crowd. The fact that the CR-hate grew as quickly as it did and remained unquestioned is what made me sceptical in the first place.
ortolan wrote:Also; destructor, I am suspicious of how aggressive your approach has been ever since you replaced in. I also dislike your justification for trying to divert suspicion from ClockworkRuse.
Tell me why aggressive play is scummy and I'll consider making a defence on that point. What's to dislike about my attack on the CR wagon?

Battousai wrote:
destructor wrote:So... how has your vote changed the dynamics of his play?
That's like asking what would have happened if you went to the mall instead of the movies. You can only speculate on how he would act.
You've just said that his play is unpredictable. So, if you couldn't know what CR was going to do, how would his reactions to the pressure have been meaningful? That is, what was the point of pressuring CR, again?
Battousai wrote:What have you learnt through your "pressure" vote on him?
From what has been said, I don't think CR has done anything worth being lynched yet. But maybe being at L-2 he has kept up being active.
You're sending mixed messages here. You don't think CR's done anything lynch-worthy, but you think he's playing like he does as scum. If he's playing like he's scum, shouldn't that be enough to lynch him?
Battousai wrote:"I'm just getting the same feeling" means gut?
Yes, that's why I haven't really listed it as a reason for the vote, since you can't defend against gut.

How is his play similar as a game where he was scum? Do you know that he hasn't played the same as town?
I get the same feeling I had as the game I was in when he was scum.
So... the point here would be for you to
quantify
your gut. You're claiming that your gut is based on CR's meta. If this is your claim, you should be able to back this up and show us where CR has played the same as scum.

You should respond to what I wrote here:
destructor wrote:And I don't buy into this whole idea that you can call something a "pressure" vote and it will automatically mean anything. Your vote on CR is doing nothing but increasing the chances of him being lynched, not because it's outing him as scum, but because of cold and impartial game mechanics. You haven't made a case on CR and I see your reasoning - "pressure" - as an excuse to jump onto his wagon.
I still see no merit in your vote. You haven't been scum-hunting. You just jumped on CR's wagon and have been coasting through the day, only posting when I call you out.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

After my read-through, I have two main thoughts:

1. Besides my initial reasons, I don't see any additional significant damning evidence against CR. I also feel that CR has adequately defended himself to not be the lynch for today. Plus I sense something wrong about the current 5-person wagon on him. Most notably, the first vote from uriel is a random vote that has stayed on CR since the beginning and Batt's pressure vote doesn't have strong foundations either.

2. I see 4 players who have done absolute zero scumhunting for the first 7 pages: Caboose, MiteyMouse, ThAdmiral, and Urielzyx. MiMo gets a pass for now since he's been an outright non-posting lurker.
FoS: ThAdmiral and Urielzyx
, they are worse offenders since they've only been posting about Mafia theory or game minutiae, although I see a hint of ThAdmiral scumhunting in Post 178. Caboose is the worst offender since not only are his contributions just Mafia theory and minutiae, he has been much more active in other places than in this game. In his last 40 posts he has 1 post in this game, in his last 90 posts he has 2 posts in this game, etc. I consider lack of motivation to contribute to be very scummy.

Unvote ClockworkRuse, Vote: Caboose
The end justifies the means.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Searching for a replacement for MiteyMouse. The deadline will be retracted until I can find a replacement, and be set for three days after the replacement enters the game.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Well at least now there won't be any confusion about which MM is which. :lol:
The end justifies the means.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:41 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

I'm going to wait for the post listing all of the suspicions against me by Ort.

What pro-town reason is there for not answering a question?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:59 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

hmm. I'm not sure what to think about m-m's jump of cr's wagon 2 days before the deadline to vote a lurker.

however i am going to
vote: ortolan
. I'm not sure about this, but i like it more than cr or batt, and I feel there is enough time for this vote to be meaningful.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”