Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:11 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 649, Black wrote: Wouldn't that make gambits even riskier in this setup? I mean just assume for a second that Kokichi/me are town, or you/Drew. You're really ok with these gambits being suggested? That doesn't seem like the mindset of someone who thinks we need to be really accurate to win
No? If we need a kill on scum or we just lose then gambiting doesn't matter since we'd be losing anyways

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:11 am

Post by biancospino »

Ok, I'm going to put my foot down here. I do
not
want a Drew lim today.
I may be amenable to a Bulge lim instead.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Black »

In post 650, usesPython wrote:
In post 649, Black wrote: Wouldn't that make gambits even riskier in this setup? I mean just assume for a second that Kokichi/me are town, or you/Drew. You're really ok with these gambits being suggested? That doesn't seem like the mindset of someone who thinks we need to be really accurate to win
No? If we need a kill on scum or we just lose then gambiting doesn't matter since we'd be losing anyways

-A
We can still win if we lim town D1 though. So TvT throwing a gambit out digs the hole even deeper right?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:15 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 652, Black wrote:
In post 650, usesPython wrote:

-A
We can still win if we lim town D1 though. So TvT throwing a gambit out digs the hole even deeper right?
If you take a look at the town wins the ones that didn't have a scum lim d1 tended to happen because there were multiple no-kills/crosskills, and with this threads allergic reaction to mech I don't consider winning through nightplay to be a viable strategy

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Black »

In fact I don't think your perception of this setup and your reactions to the gambits match up. You claim town has to be very careful to win but in the same breath you are proposing we lim two townies D1/D2 if you are wrong about Drew
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 654, Black wrote: In fact I don't think your perception of this setup and your reactions to the gambits match up. You claim town has to be very careful to win but in the same breath you are proposing we lim two townies D1/D2 if you are wrong about Drew
What part of "If we don't lim scum d1 we lose without extremely strong nightplay that wont happen with this playerlist" do you not get?

-A
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:18 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 569, Enchant wrote: Hilarious.

I backtracked and basically proposed mech plan is "to win we need to kill mafia".
High level gameplay here

How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:19 am

Post by biancospino »

Town EV if we mislim today is ~24%. It's winnable.
In post 653, usesPython wrote: If you take a look at the town wins the ones that didn't have a scum lim d1 tended to happen because there were multiple no-kills/crosskills, and with this threads allergic reaction to mech I don't consider winning through nightplay to be a viable strategy

-A
Winning through nighplay is not a thing that makes sense thou? It's the scum that may lose through nightplay more than anything. Unless you hope in the doc, then good luck
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:19 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 598, usesPython wrote:
In post 597, biancospino wrote: Idk, If I was scum and tr'd the Bulge, personally I'd take the risk of them being otherscum instead of doing this pantomime. Since the pantomime doesn't look that good in every case, and I'd be decently confident that the bad scenario I'm guarding against wouldn't happen anyway
Realistically speaking it's Drew/Bulge, don't get it twisted. We're just hedging our bets on who's more likely to be scum if we're wrong on the solve

Also preliminary readlist since we've started to have enough opinions for it to matter

usesPython
HighPrincessErinys
Kokichi Oma

furtiveglance
biancospino

Oclaxian Empire
osuka
Enchant
Malakittens

Aureal
Black

The Bulge
Doctor Drew

-A
I love it when I do nothing and get townread. Maybe I should do nothing more often
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Since you all seem scared to vote Black today, if I die make sure Black is the vote the next day
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:20 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 655, usesPython wrote:
In post 654, Black wrote: In fact I don't think your perception of this setup and your reactions to the gambits match up. You claim town has to be very careful to win but in the same breath you are proposing we lim two townies D1/D2 if you are wrong about Drew
What part of "If we don't lim scum d1 we lose without extremely strong nightplay that wont happen with this playerlist" do you not get?

-A
In fact, if you're fixated that the playerlist here don't understand mech, you should be relieved if anything, since that's extra chance that the scum mess up
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:22 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 660, biancospino wrote:

-A
In fact, if you're fixated that the playerlist here don't understand mech, you should be relieved if anything, since that's extra chance that the scum mess up
The only thing scum have to do to win is to not shoot scum, most people I've met tend to shoot obvtown as scum

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 368, usesPython wrote:
That's what the nightkill is for isn't it? Why go for a "Flip Black and then flip me if Black flips town" gambit as scum here?

-A
Going back to this with python's recent posts in mind, I'm having a really hard time believing that they can't see the benefit of scum proposing a gambit here. I'll even go as far as to say they are deliberately acting obtuse about it

If what python thinks is true that town basically loses if we lim town here, it would make
complete
sense for scum to propose a gambit. That's one townie down and there isn't even a guarantee the scum gets limmed D2. It's so easy to get out of a gambit

I think this contradiction in python's logic suggests they are a wolf

VOTE: python
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Black »

E-2 I think
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 659, Kokichi Oma wrote: Since you all seem scared to vote Black today, if I die make sure Black is the vote the next day
You're exhausting
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:25 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 662, Black wrote:
In post 368, usesPython wrote:
That's what the nightkill is for isn't it? Why go for a "Flip Black and then flip me if Black flips town" gambit as scum here?

-A
Going back to this with python's recent posts in mind, I'm having a really hard time believing that they can't see the benefit of scum proposing a gambit here. I'll even go as far as to say they are deliberately acting obtuse about it

If what python thinks is true that town basically loses if we lim town here, it would make
complete
sense for scum to propose a gambit. That's one townie down and there isn't even a guarantee the scum gets limmed D2. It's so easy to get out of a gambit

I think this contradiction in python's logic suggests they are a wolf

VOTE: python
Don't take my quotes out of context, in that case I was talking about why Kokichi would gambit you instead of NKing you for your ability to read them. In this case scum!Python suggesting this is -EV since a town mislim d1 is perfectly playable for scum

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:26 am

Post by usesPython »

Like scum want to lim scum today sure but more importantly they want to not have their own groupscum limmed way more than they want to lim scum

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:27 am

Post by usesPython »

Oh nice sniped

-A
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:29 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 661, usesPython wrote:

-A
The only thing scum have to do to win is to not shoot scum, most people I've met tend to shoot obvtown as scum

-A
wtf. That's straight out a lie. 2/2/6 with no doc has ~39% EV for each scum; 2/1/7 even with the doc has 48% (for the 2)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:29 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 637, usesPython wrote: I will literally self-hammer d2 if it's not Bulge/Drew

-A
Last person i remember who said "IF IT'S INCORRECT KILL ME NEXT" just replaced out instantly after elim go and WAS wrong.

I laughed too hard on this.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:31 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 669, Enchant wrote:
In post 637, usesPython wrote: I will literally self-hammer d2 if it's not Bulge/Drew

-A
Last person i remember who said "IF IT'S INCORRECT KILL ME NEXT" just replaced out instantly after elim go and WAS wrong.

I laughed too hard on this.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Even all but claimed DayCop and everything
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:31 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 668, biancospino wrote:
Spoiler: Well
In post 661, usesPython wrote:

-A

-A

wtf. That's straight out a lie. 2/2/6 with no doc has ~39% EV for each scum; 2/1/7 even with the doc has 48% (for the 2)
*The only thing scum have to do to make town lose is to not shoot scum

-A
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:32 am

Post by biancospino »

Ok, but scum don't want to make town lose, they want to win, don't they?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:32 am

Post by usesPython »

I think we're getting into the part of mech speak that's only gonna help scum and we should probably stop right here.

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:34 am

Post by usesPython »

Or like slow down a bit so I can see if telling scum how to win individually increases town EV, since once it's out in the thread it's out for good

-A

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”