Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Enchant »

I am also not in mood of coaching mafia.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 672, biancospino wrote: Ok, but scum don't want to make town lose, they want to win, don't they?
Just so we're on the same page when it comes to EV calcs, are we using the Charisma Model or are we assuming random lims?

-Nameless
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:25 am

Post by biancospino »

Random lims, except that the doc is never limmed.

Also I'm not really doing an exact calculation, I'm just simulating ~100k games and seeing the win proportions
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:31 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 677, biancospino wrote: Random lims, except that the doc is never limmed.

Also I'm not really doing an exact calculation, I'm just simulating ~100k games and seeing the win proportions
Intuitively random lims and actions should decrease the chances of the same target = no nightkill rule applying (Since it means scum might be shooting people that are scummier than they are), I'll try to finish coding a simulation running on the charisma model and get back to you by the end of the day

-Nameless
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:32 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.15

usesPython (E-2): Oclaxian Empire, The Bulge, Aureal, Doctor Drew, Black
Doctor Drew (2): usesPython, Enchant
Black (2): Kokichi Oma, biancospino
The Bulge (1): furtiveglance

Not Voting (3): Malakittens, osuka, HighPrincessErinys

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-04-20 18:48:28).
Last edited by Alianna on Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:40 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 678, usesPython wrote:
In post 677, biancospino wrote: Random lims, except that the doc is never limmed.

Intuitively random lims and actions should decrease the chances of the same target = no nightkill rule applying (Since it means scum might be shooting people that are scummier than they are), I'll try to finish coding a simulation running on the charisma model and get back to you by the end of the day

-Nameless
There is a specific reason why I don't want you to get back on me on that specific point for now. I'm sure you already see it yourself.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:43 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 680, biancospino wrote:
Spoiler: Brick
In post 678, usesPython wrote:

-Nameless

There is a specific reason why I don't want you to get back on me on that specific point for now. I'm sure you already see it yourself.
Yeah I haven't finished writing the script for this, obviously if it's -EV I'll just tell you I ran the numbers and shut up about it

-Nameless
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

In post 672, biancospino wrote: Ok, but scum don't want to make town lose, they want to win, don't they?
In order for scum to win they need to make town lose though?
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:52 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 662, Black wrote:
In post 368, usesPython wrote:
That's what the nightkill is for isn't it? Why go for a "Flip Black and then flip me if Black flips town" gambit as scum here?

-A
Going back to this with python's recent posts in mind, I'm having a really hard time believing that they can't see the benefit of scum proposing a gambit here. I'll even go as far as to say they are deliberately acting obtuse about it

If what python thinks is true that town basically loses if we lim town here, it would make
complete
sense for scum to propose a gambit. That's one townie down and there isn't even a guarantee the scum gets limmed D2. It's so easy to get out of a gambit

I think this contradiction in python's logic suggests they are a wolf

VOTE: python
Actually I think this is coming from a mech misunderstanding: Just because groupscum can do something that is -EV for town doesn't mean that it's +EV for that groupscum. Your argument that we're forcing a 1f1 with a town does get that it'd be +scum winrate in that scenario but it misses the point that it'd be -groupscum winrate (e.g. If we were
Ice Mafia
then it'd cause
Town
and
Ice Mafia
win rate to go down while
Fire Mafia
win rate goes up)

-Nameless
In post 682, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In order for scum to win they need to make town lose though?
They also need to make the other groupscum lose though, so they won't take actions that put town slightly worse off if it means the enemy groupscum are even better off (e.g. a
/
/
winrate is worse for
Ice Mafia
than a
/
/
winrate)

-Nameless
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

I’m not gonna read any mech talk I hope you know that. I literally did not read any of the last three pages because of that + EV discussion.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:55 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 684, Oclaxian Empire wrote: I’m not gonna read any mech talk I hope you know that. I literally did not read any of the last three pages because of that + EV discussion.
tl;dr scum also need to make other scum lose, not just town

-Nameless
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:55 am

Post by osuka »

skimmed the thread before work again and after discussing with my team of researchers, we have confidently come to the conclusion that we have never seen a more useless mech discussion before

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:56 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 686, osuka wrote: skimmed the thread before work again and after discussing with my team of researchers, we have confidently come to the conclusion that we have never seen a more useless mech discussion before
smh discussing the game outside the gamethread, Alianna plz deal with this rulebreaker

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Black »

Yeah the mech isn't even some huge revelation. It's just circular and repetitive. I almost feel like python wants to drown the thread out and unmotivate people
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:04 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 688, Black wrote: Yeah the mech isn't even some huge revelation. It's just circular and repetitive. I almost feel like python wants to drown the thread out and unmotivate people
Stop getting it wrong and I'll stop repeating myself

-Nameless
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Black »

In post 683, usesPython wrote: Actually I think this is coming from a mech misunderstanding: Just because groupscum can do something that is -EV for town doesn't mean that it's +EV for that groupscum. Your argument that we're forcing a 1f1 with a town does get that it'd be +scum winrate in that scenario but it misses the point that it'd be -groupscum winrate (e.g. If we were Ice Mafia then it'd cause Town and Ice Mafia win rate to go down while Fire Mafia win rate goes up)
That's assuming the 1v1 actually results in both players getting limmed. Like I said it's too easy to get out of a gambit, so proposing the gambit on D1 should be a viable scum tactic to you

And I think it's something you as scum would propose here. We now know you think the town essentially loses if we lim green D1, so it makes perfect sense for you to propose a gambit based off of weak associatives to try and push a mislim here

And you'll just come up with some mech BS or find a way to wiggle your way out of your end of the gambit D2
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:06 am

Post by usesPython »

Our mechposts have been the basics of the basics and people are still getting it wrong, there's literally no point for me into deeper mech when the only person actually bothering to read and understand it is Bianco and it's frustrating as hell

-Nameless
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:06 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 690, Black wrote:
In post 683, usesPython wrote: Actually I think this is coming from a mech misunderstanding: Just because groupscum can do something that is -EV for town doesn't mean that it's +EV for that groupscum. Your argument that we're forcing a 1f1 with a town does get that it'd be +scum winrate in that scenario but it misses the point that it'd be -groupscum winrate (e.g. If we were Ice Mafia then it'd cause Town and Ice Mafia win rate to go down while Fire Mafia win rate goes up)
That's assuming the 1v1 actually results in both players getting limmed. Like I said it's too easy to get out of a gambit, so proposing the gambit on D1 should be a viable scum tactic to you

And I think it's something you as scum would propose here. We now know you think the town essentially loses if we lim green D1, so it makes perfect sense for you to propose a gambit based off of weak associatives to try and push a mislim here

And you'll just come up with some mech BS or find a way to wiggle your way out of your end of the gambit D2
Please look at the wagon on us and tell us how we live past d2

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 691, usesPython wrote: Our mechposts have been the basics of the basics and people are still getting it wrong, there's literally no point for me into deeper mech when the only person actually bothering to read and understand it is Bianco and it's frustrating as hell

-Nameless
Not everyone likes math or is even good at it. Same with critical thinking
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Black »

In post 692, usesPython wrote: Please look at the wagon on us and tell us how we live past d2
You're smart. I'm not putting it past you to figure it out
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

This last line seems really uncharitable and disproportionate

VOTE: Black
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Black »

Besides, if you think the town essentially loses with a D1 mislim, how does you getting limmed D2 change those odds? Would your team still be favored to win?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 695, furtiveglance wrote:

This last line seems really uncharitable and disproportionate

VOTE: Black
Is this just how you play Mafia now?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:11 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 694, Black wrote:
In post 692, usesPython wrote: Please look at the wagon on us and tell us how we live past d2
You're smart. I'm not putting it past you to figure it out
We're quite literally the designated miselim d2; Without even considering who in the list is scum here's the people that'd push us d2:
  • Oclaxian
  • Black
  • Bulge/Drew
  • Osuka
  • Aureal
It's 6 to lim tomorrow (unless there's a no-kill in which case 7 to lim)

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:12 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 696, Black wrote: Besides, if you think the town essentially loses with a D1 mislim, how does you getting limmed D2 change those odds? Would your team still be favored to win?
Your entire argument here is based on the idea that it's somehow possible for us to not get limmed d2, please get out of your tunnel for a minute and really look at the gamestate

-A

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”