Micro 1077 | True Love at Grandpa's House | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:10 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

Official Vote Count 1.05With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Andante
(3): Bub Bidderskins, biancospino, Vanderscamp [<-- L2]
Bub Bidderskins
(2): chad thunder, Not Known 15
Not Known 15
(1): Andante
biancospino
(1): Umlaut
Not Voting
(1): Enchant

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-04-18 21:20:41)

Mod notes:
  • If you see any mistakes in the VC, please pm or @mod me in bold.
  • I will be most likely V/LA from the 16th-18th of April so expect Firebringer to take over while I am gone.

"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 109, chad thunder wrote:
In post 101, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

I think it's a move to try and control the narrative in an unverifiable way.
counterpoint #1: There is literally another person in the lover's topic that knows what I'm referring to. If I were scum trying to control the narrative, then my lover would have to be town due to the setup. They could, in turn, point out if I'm throwing them an unearned townread or saying something publicly that doesn't align with our private topic. That's not quite "unverifiable."
Yeah, but humans will still human. It's just natural that if someone chums up to you and thinks your town then you'll wanna take their side. From your point of view, you are town and everything you do is townie!
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 126, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

counterpoint #1: There is literally another person in the lover's topic that knows what I'm referring to. If I were scum trying to control the narrative, then my lover would have to be town due to the setup. They could, in turn, point out if I'm throwing them an unearned townread or saying something publicly that doesn't align with our private topic. That's not quite "unverifiable."
Yeah, but humans will still human. It's just natural that if someone chums up to you and thinks your town then you'll wanna take their side. From your point of view, you are town and everything you do is townie!
I do know that not everything I do looks town....
and competent players should know that as well!

Now, yes, there is strong motivation for scum to buddy up their lover and get them townread.
There's also strong motivation for town to get their lover townread if they townread them; so it isn't an ironclad piece of AI content(it is still scum indicative by a bit).

There's also strong motivation for scum to break up potential lover pairs townreading each other, or get them eliminated.
You clamped down right at the spot when you saw someone with an early townread. Not all townreads will come from scum; you can certainly question such scumreads, but hunting someone like a laser here looks more like scum trying to punch through instead of town hunting.
Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.

I think you are scum here.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

NK15, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the case against Andante or the setup of this game. The case isn't about Andante townreading their lover...or even so much them making it public. It's about trying to yoink control of the game at the start:
In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
This kind of overconfidence based on totally unverifiable info leads me to think that Andante is trying to guide the town down a certain path.
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote: Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.
You understand the setup right? I knew who my lover was from the jump.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 119, Andante wrote:
In post 118, Vanderscamp wrote: VOTE: Andante
this makes me laugh cause just last night I told my lover I don’t think I wanna vote out you/bub
This response also feels kind of towny actually
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 122, biancospino wrote:
this makes me laugh cause just last night I told my lover I don’t think I wanna vote out you/bub
why thou. If you're town and actually confident about your lover, you're essentially saying you've solved the game already. Wrongly may I add, I'm also confident about my lover's towniness you see.

Why can't you both be right?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

why thou. If you're town and actually confident about your lover, you're essentially saying you've solved the game already. Wrongly may I add, I'm also confident about my lover's towniness you see.
Also, why are you confident?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote:
This.

Now, yes, there is strong motivation for scum to buddy up their lover and get them townread.
There's also strong motivation for town to get their lover townread if they townread them; so it isn't an ironclad piece of AI content(it is still scum indicative by a bit).

There's also strong motivation for scum to break up potential lover pairs townreading each other, or get them eliminated.
You clamped down right at the spot when you saw someone with an early townread. Not all townreads will come from scum; you can certainly question such scumreads, but hunting someone like a laser here looks more like scum trying to punch through instead of town hunting.
Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.

I agree with much of what you say but the 2nd last line is pretty interesting.

Do you think that Bub didn't realize I was his lover when he voted me?
Because I can tell you that's not true.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

UNVOTE: Andante
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

My top scumread probably is Bub at this point which really sucks.
chad thunder
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by chad thunder »

In post 111, chad thunder wrote:
In post 24, Andante wrote: on another note, I hate the chad/vander stuff... like, go interrogate your lover in your pt or something, it takes 5 to lim sure, but this isn't exactly a normal game in terms of RVS. if you're town, you need to be CONFIDENT your lover is town
Andante, this has been bugging me for some reason (it's probably nothing to be honest). Do you remember why you assumed myself and Vanderscamp were lovers?
Andante, could you answer this?
chad thunder
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by chad thunder »

In post 128, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
This kind of overconfidence based on totally unverifiable info leads me to think that Andante is trying to guide the town down a certain path.
I don't really see that as overconfidence though? They say "lean," and the "I'm too good" reads as tongue-in-cheek.
chad thunder
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by chad thunder »

I'm down for us to all reveal lovers at some point soon.
chad thunder
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by chad thunder »

My reads

Town: Vanderscamp
Null-town: Not Known 15 / Andante
Null: Enchant / Umlaut / biancospino
Null-scum: N/A
Scum: Bub Bidderskins
chad thunder
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
chad thunder
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by chad thunder »

In post 137, chad thunder wrote: I'm down for us to all reveal lovers at some point soon.
I can see maybe one benefit to not revealing but it's something of a long-shot.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:20 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 132, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote:
This.

I agree with much of what you say but the 2nd last line is pretty interesting.

Do you think that Bub didn't realize I was his lover when he voted me?
Because I can tell you that's not true.
Well, it looked like it to me. Thanks for the correction.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:28 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 130, Vanderscamp wrote:

Andante's unwillingness to vote Bub suggests she has a solve of she/her lover & Bub/Vander town. Which I think is wrong.
In post 131, Vanderscamp wrote:
I don't want to, and in fact I have reasons not to, make the whole thread privy of what's happened in our Lovers' PT so far,
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:20 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 141, biancospino wrote:
In post 130, Vanderscamp wrote:

Andante's unwillingness to vote Bub suggests she has a solve of she/her lover & Bub/Vander town. Which I think is wrong.
In post 131, Vanderscamp wrote:
I don't want to, and in fact I have reasons not to, make the whole thread privy of what's happened in our Lovers' PT so far,
so I'm wrong in thinking my lover is town, and you're not wrong for thinking your lover is town? what kind of logic is this??
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by Andante »

VOTE: bianco
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 135, chad thunder wrote:
In post 111, chad thunder wrote:
In post 24, Andante wrote: on another note, I hate the chad/vander stuff... like, go interrogate your lover in your pt or something, it takes 5 to lim sure, but this isn't exactly a normal game in terms of RVS. if you're town, you need to be CONFIDENT your lover is town
Andante, this has been bugging me for some reason (it's probably nothing to be honest). Do you remember why you assumed myself and Vanderscamp were lovers?
Andante, could you answer this?
I never said you were both lovers? I said chad seemed town, vander seemed town (I think that's what that was) but chad/vander isn't me calling yall neighbors, it's cause I already said whatever about yall, you 2 were talking most in thread
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Andante »

deadline is in 2 days, we outing lovers or what?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Andante »

I hate this lack of activity cause I guarantee yalls PTs aren't crazy active
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Andante »

my lover steps up their game when I call them scum, I say they're town, they chill out and do literally nothing? this cause I'm about to get us voted out? or what...
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 142, Andante wrote:
so I'm wrong in thinking my lover is town, and you're not wrong for thinking your lover is town? what kind of logic is this??
The kind of logic you get when you misread what I've written.

You don't want to vote Bub. So you must think that B/V is likely t/t. You also think you are in a t/t pair. And you see, there are only two t/t pairs, so my belief to be in one myself is incompatible with that.

If you're town there is a clear way in which we can both be right about our lovers, and in that world you should be accepting of a Bub vote
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Kind of agree with Andante's solve, tbh. (Incidentally, since we're close to end of day I'm going to come out and say I'm Andante's lover. Would appreciate others following suit, though really we only need one more to know the full set.)
In post 128, Bub Bidderskins wrote: NK15, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the case against Andante or the setup of this game. The case isn't about Andante townreading their lover...or even so much them making it public. It's about trying to yoink control of the game at the start:
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote: Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.
You understand the setup right? I knew who my lover was from the jump.
I don't know how to justify it but this post put Bub at hard town for me.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”