Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 1259, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1257, Ythan wrote:
In post 1254, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1252, Ythan wrote:
In post 1242, Staeg wrote: I really want to lim both Rad and Mara but they're near definitely not scum together

@Ythan
In post 417, Staeg wrote: Ythan, I'm confused about your read progression on LLD - at the time of your vote LLD indeed hadn't given much substance to her theory argument, but through all the good and bad arguments LLD gives afterwards you don't seem to move much at all. I gather that you're not fond of her reaction to the vote and that more theory arguments swing and miss, but what is the thing that she's doing which is actually suspicious?

(I don't have strong takes on the extended battle beyond not getting how as either alignment LLD and Ythan keep talking past each other)
This might be me failing at reading comprehension but I have absolutely no idea what you think about anyone at all in the game right now except maybe Bella scum and possibly LLD because your vote's stuck there

(sort of related side point: I assume that some of you are getting something out of the proxy-reads like "ah yes let me channel the spirit of the great Titus to impart entirely orthogonal reads onto the thread" but my eyes glaze over)
I actually haven't dived into Bella-scum that's just a team read, my number two would be Ali.
to be clear you still think I'm scum at this point?
I do~ <3
have you bothered to read anything else that has happened this game, or is this just like "I want to be right about catching LLD day 1 so I'm going to marry myself to this and never let doubt creep in".
I've spoken on why I'm voting for you and I'm not interested in humoring the way you're still trying to mischaracterize me lol
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1275, Ythan wrote:
In post 1242, Staeg wrote: I really want to lim both Rad and Mara but they're near definitely not scum together

@Ythan
In post 417, Staeg wrote: Ythan, I'm confused about your read progression on LLD - at the time of your vote LLD indeed hadn't given much substance to her theory argument, but through all the good and bad arguments LLD gives afterwards you don't seem to move much at all. I gather that you're not fond of her reaction to the vote and that more theory arguments swing and miss, but what is the thing that she's doing which is actually suspicious?

(I don't have strong takes on the extended battle beyond not getting how as either alignment LLD and Ythan keep talking past each other)
This might be me failing at reading comprehension but I have absolutely no idea what you think about anyone at all in the game right now except maybe Bella scum and possibly LLD because your vote's stuck there

(sort of related side point: I assume that some of you are getting something out of the proxy-reads like "ah yes let me channel the spirit of the great Titus to impart entirely orthogonal reads onto the thread" but my eyes glaze over)

I actually haven't dived into Bella-scum that's just a team read, my number two would be Ali.
I do~ <3
have you bothered to read anything else that has happened this game, or is this just like "I want to be right about catching LLD day 1 so I'm going to marry myself to this and never let doubt creep in".
I've spoken on why I'm voting for you and I'm not interested in humoring the way you're still trying to mischaracterize me lol
A lot has happened since then, I don't really think that you having a lack of any other takes on my play or behaviour is a mischaracterization.

Like, you're saying it yourself.

"This one reaction is why I think you are scum" so.... where's the follow up? Like

from my PoV, if you are town and I am town you are saying "This one reaction is all I need" and never re-evaluating and it feels to me like that comes from a desire to be right more than actual conviction.

Like I get this sense, ever since you did that brag on the first page, that you've wanted to be right

and you've not commented or looked at anything past that moment.

Any request I make it's mischaracterizing, any observation it's misrep

because you're locked in on something you won't consider outside of.... because you want to be able to proudly say "I caught LLD scum page 1"

well, you didn't, I'm town and if you're actually town you should consider I dunno, a little humility and hestiance.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1275, Ythan wrote:

@Ythan

I do~ <3
You're also quoting a nest in which I'm telling you that I have no idea why you're voting LLD and asking you about that, without responding in any way
sa vrede?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:45 am

And if you want to prove me wrong and start providing content or pushing me in a way that isn't just "i explained why lul"

please, do. It'll square the circle too.

but right now you're using a weak page 2 read like it's gospel and providing NOTHING else content wise. So if you're town I'm expecting you to do more.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Rad »

In post 1251, Datisi wrote: okay yeah the more i look at my last post the more i like it

he argued earlier in the game that there isn't anyone else he'd like to vote more than marashu, so he didn't vote anyone

but lld is scummy for actually voting marashu and "refusing to progress the game"

VOTE: rad
This is an overly reductive summary of why I think lld is scummy, to the extent it feels disingenuous.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:47 am

In post 1273, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1271, Staeg wrote:
In post 1258, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1255, Staeg wrote:
In post 1018, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I need to interact with Staeg more, is what this is telling me, actually
Love to hear it, start here:
In post 876, Staeg wrote:
In post 855, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Staeg's takes on me are... I mean staeg is right and I don't like killing people who will generally kill me but I just don't have a townread on them and I'm not getting a townie intent like i otherwise might
I'm slow or something which specific takes are you talking about and is the "will generally kill me" some meta thing I'm forgetting?
oh, i misspoke

I think that is supposed to be "I don't generally like killing people who won't kill me, generally" I... I can't read that post any other way, it's super backwards. I don't know what my brain did there but it's definitely meant to be "Staeg has me town and I really shouldn't antagonize people who townread me but I'm not getting townie intent from the townread on me like I otherwise might".

Sorry
Understood, but where were you getting that I'm townreading you up until last post which hadn't happened yet? I could be misremembering but I thought I was wringing my hands of the entire concept for now so I can ask Fate what your alignment is later
let me go read your old posts, i'm literally guessing at what I meant here, because whatever I wrote here makes 0 sense and that's the only thing that made sense.
I'm gonna be honest.

I don't rightly know 100% what I meant here. I was coming off of the really bad first night I had, and trying to engage with the game healthily.

I think... I THINK I meant that you were taking stances on me that indicated you weren't currently in the market for suspecting me. At least... at that point you were mentioning me a GOOD AMOUNT without actually... voting me or indicating suspicion of me.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:47 am

In post 1279, Rad wrote:
In post 1251, Datisi wrote: okay yeah the more i look at my last post the more i like it

he argued earlier in the game that there isn't anyone else he'd like to vote more than marashu, so he didn't vote anyone

but lld is scummy for actually voting marashu and "refusing to progress the game"

VOTE: rad
This is an overly reductive summary of why I think lld is scummy, to the extent it feels disingenuous.
Then tell me in which ways it's reductive.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Datisi »

it's not meant to be a summary?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1280, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I think... I THINK I meant that you were taking stances on me that indicated you weren't currently in the market for suspecting me. At least... at that point you were mentioning me a GOOD AMOUNT without actually... voting me or indicating suspicion of me.
This does track and is in fact an accurate reading of the situation
sa vrede?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Ythan »

Lld please don't talk to me about humility
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

if i have to read 10 more pages of LLD and ythan fighting i will figuratively drive off a bridge
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:04 am

In post 1285, Cephrir wrote: if i have to read 10 more pages of LLD and ythan fighting i will figuratively drive off a bridge
i'm not engaging it further

it's just frustrating to have someone vote on you whose whole purpose seems to be ego driven, and I get I'm not devoid of ego myself but at least i'm trying to re-engage.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am

In post 1285, Cephrir wrote: if i have to read 10 more pages of LLD and ythan fighting i will figuratively drive off a bridge
anyway can you give me top 3 bottom 3?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1287, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
alisae ythan uh... mith???

gimli rad imaginality
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 am

In post 1288, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1287, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
alisae ythan uh... mith???

gimli rad imaginality
Sell me on Alisae

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

their scum game is loud and agenda driven with clear strong pushes for elims

this is the opposite of that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:27 am

In post 1290, Cephrir wrote: their scum game is loud and agenda driven with clear strong pushes for elims

that's really base level for an alisae read that strong

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:30 am

Post by mith »

Ythan, why is Alisae your number two?

Have to admit it bothers me a bit that Cephrir's bottom 3 is exactly my "most likely scum group if I'm right about imaginality".
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:31 am

In post 1292, mith wrote: Ythan, why is Alisae your number two?

Have to admit it bothers me a bit that Cephrir's bottom 3 is exactly my "most likely scum group if I'm right about imaginality".
Bothers? Wouldn't this affirm you in some manner? At least that Ceph is thinking the same way?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:40 am

Post by mith »

In post 1293, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Bothers? Wouldn't this affirm you in some manner? At least that Ceph is thinking the same way?
Sure, but at the same time it makes me a bit paranoid going for a walk, having that grouping come to mind while thinking about the game, and then seeing that same group of players on the screen.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:45 am

In post 1294, mith wrote:
In post 1293, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Sure, but at the same time it makes me a bit paranoid going for a walk, having that grouping come to mind while thinking about the game, and then seeing that same group of players on the screen.
Okay, I get this.

I've been having a little bit of "have a lot of us converged onto the same location by happenstance and similar reads or did someone come along because we're wrong" but those worlds I don't think are the only 2 or are like, weighted one way or another.

I'm still suspicous of Rad for example.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

i had zero awareness of this if that helps
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:46 am

Er, that wasn't very clear

what I mean is I'm suspicious of Rad independent of Imaginality or any possible team compositions. There are other teams I see Rad in.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1291, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1290, Cephrir wrote: their scum game is loud and agenda driven with clear strong pushes for elims

that's what i got friendo

don't have any townreads i would bet this one on yet
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am

In post 1298, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1291, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

that's what i got friendo

don't have any townreads i would bet this one on yet
mmm

egotism time, what's your read on me again?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”