Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

it absolutely has though?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1956, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't really just want to let GIF off the hook is the thing. He actually started posting a bit of content when pressured.
It wasn't significant and we'd get much better from him later

I have quite a bit of respect for GIF's perspective as well
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1973, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 1963, Titus wrote: FA, are you asking for a readwall? I tend to read players in relation to each other. I no longer think DE was a wagon to save you. While it's a remote possibility, I would not expected to see the game stagnate with no one pushing that hard for either wagon (PB excluded but he was for DE).

GiF push was a meh it's possible, my townreads are okay with it and it got the game moving. We need 8 to lim and can't get above 4 because everyone has their pet project. It's like herding cats.

DE was my first real townread. If you look at the first 5 pages, I lay it out there.
nah not read wall, just like being pointed in directions so I can follow your thought process better.

I honestly don't see how what was in first 5 pages made you think they are almost "conf town" the way you treated them later on during game. though you retracted from that stance now at this time.

I understand your intention for getting some wagons going, I just am curios if there was more for the choices you had for wagoning than just that.

My choices on wagoning are preferences based on my reads. I view it most important just to get wagons going. Unless I am rock solid on someone being town, then I yell and holler. I want dueling wagons even if I disagree as that provides more power for later. Day 1 is the most important day but it's not urgent to get it right. It's urgent to get town working together in a nontoxic way.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Titus »

Firebringer
Frozen Angel
Kuribo
Pink Ball
Save The Dragons
Thestatusquo
Titus

This is a decent townblock for day 1. It's only 7 names though and we need 8 to get an elimination through. I'm not including my highest reads, but I think everyone on this list townreads each other to a certain extent.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1976, Klick wrote:
In post 1956, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't really just want to let GIF off the hook is the thing. He actually started posting a bit of content when pressured.
It wasn't significant and we'd get much better from him later

I have quite a bit of respect for GIF's perspective as well
this also feels like minimizing me and to be honest coming directly after my last post to you it feels deliberate at this point?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1964, Thestatusquo wrote: I've noticed a pattern this game where you keep trying to like...idk minimize the things I'm saying? And it's annoying me and also making me feel like you're trying to subtly derail my solving or at least stop people from listening to me. So you're probably picking up on that feeling from me. It's super contributing to me not being able to find you if you're town. And if you are town it makes me wonder if you just don't respect me very much as a player? That's insecurity but these are the thoughts that have been popping into my head every time I've interacted with you.
From my side, I've had a number of times come up where you've said something and it has felt tangential to what I have been engaged in and focused on and felt was important in the moment
Usually it has happened when I'm responding to more than one person at a time in real time and my main pull to the thread was the other conversation
I have a very one track mind and it's hard to fight against

I'm not intending to dismiss you, but I find it hard to engage when I don't understand the point or benefit of the conversation very well
And I realise that that runs contrary to your aims of trying to solve for me because if I got the point of your questions immediately that would make it easier for me to respond effectively if I were scum
But it's what's been happening on my end

I don't disrespect you as a player, but I feel like you're asking me a bunch of questions that I don't really understand. You're asking me to go deeper into things that I don't actually see a solving-based benefit to go deeper into and usually haven't actually thought about more deeply myself.

This probably doesn't fully respond in a satisfying way either but it's thoughts that I'm having.

PEdit: I can disagree with your perspective and express that disagreement and give my reasons for disagreeing with it. If that's what minimising you is, then I guess that's what I'm doing? You want to say things like 'Klick has GIF low on their reads but isn't joining the GIF wagon' and then when I contest the significance of joining the GIF wagon as justification for why I haven't joined the GIF wagon you say I'm minimising you
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1968, Thestatusquo wrote: I ask questions about small things because the small places are where people usually make mistakes. I thought that your statement about STD was maybe setting him up to fail because I honestly can't think of a reason you would expect more than "idk man vibes bad" from him. It felt like a reaction test where you were trying to provoke a reaction that you knew would come.

Thats why I was hyper focused in that specific spot. It matters to me what people do in the micro moments, that's where most of the game is played

@titus it was responding to klicks post directly before it, as is this.
What I wanted to do was engage a bit with STD on his vote on me which felt weirdly out of place. I know STD doesn't often provide much to back up points like that but I was expecting... I don't know, more than what I got? Like there are levels to it. I wanted to understand what STD was thinking just a little bit but I got nothing at all, and it was entirely plausible as a response but still disappointing.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1971, Titus wrote: Klick, which citation was your favorite in PB's case?
I didn't have a 'favorite' citation, I didn't actually click on any of the links in his post, and I took what he was describing at face value and up to present time haven't fact checked a thing he said. Have fun with that answer <3
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1981, Klick wrote:
In post 1968, Thestatusquo wrote: I ask questions about small things because the small places are where people usually make mistakes. I thought that your statement about STD was maybe setting him up to fail because I honestly can't think of a reason you would expect more than "idk man vibes bad" from him. It felt like a reaction test where you were trying to provoke a reaction that you knew would come.

Thats why I was hyper focused in that specific spot. It matters to me what people do in the micro moments, that's where most of the game is played

@titus it was responding to klicks post directly before it, as is this.
What I wanted to do was engage a bit with STD on his vote on me which felt weirdly out of place. I know STD doesn't often provide much to back up points like that but I was expecting... I don't know, more than what I got? Like there are levels to it. I wanted to understand what STD was thinking just a little bit but I got nothing at all, and it was entirely plausible as a response but still disappointing.
I can't think of a better way to get the exact opposite of what you're claiming you wanted here than what you did though. Do you really not see my problem?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I'm doing that thing where I try to convince someone they're scum and I should probably just take a second and think away from the thread a bit.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Klick »

I thought he might have something specific to talk about in regards to his vote

I don't know, maybe I'm not as well-versed in STD's mannerisms as you. I thought it was reasonable to think I might get thoughts out of him from what I said.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@Titus I’m officially off for today, airplane just landed, have to get home, make the baby sleep and then I have a bbq.

Consider that my position right now is “I don’t need to consider other wagons because DragonEater is still a possibility”. If the wagon dissolves, Klick is a possibility. More than GiF, specifically
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

I'm probably not going to get a chance to read today. I've been flying all day.

I've heard Dunnstral and Feysal are town while Drixx and Frozen Angel are suspicious.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 9
[The group of Doctor, Engineer, Detective, and Chemist are now on the run, escaping the warehouse and trying to regroup.]

Doctor: We need to find a safe place to hide and figure out our next move.

Detective: Agreed. But first, we need to lose any tail we might have.

Engineer: I can try and hotwire a car. It might give us a better chance of getting away.

Chemist: [nods in agreement] And I can use my knowledge of chemicals to create a smoke bomb or something to slow down anyone following us.

[The group splits up to execute their plan. The Engineer successfully hotwires a car while the Chemist creates a smoke bomb. As they speed away from the scene, they hear a loud explosion and see a cloud of smoke behind them.]

Detective: [looking back] Looks like our little trick worked. But we can't let our guard down just yet.

Doctor: [checking her phone] I just received a message. It's from the Voice. It says "I hope you enjoyed your little victory. But the game is far from over."

Chemist: [looking worried] What does that mean?

Engineer: [shaking his head] I don't know, but we need to be ready for anything.

[The group arrives at a safe house, a run-down apartment complex in the outskirts of the city.]

Doctor: [unlocking the door] This will have to do for now. We need to lay low and come up with a plan.

[As they settle in, the tension in the room is palpable. They know that the Voice is still out there, watching and waiting. But for now, they can only focus on staying alive and finding a way to win the game.]

Vote Count
DragonEater70 - 5
(Frozen Angel, Drixx, Feysal, Pink Ball, Klick)
Klick - 3
(Kuribo, Save The Dragons, Titus)
GuyInFreezer - 1
(Thestatusquo)
Frozen Angel - 1
(GuyInFreezer)
Black - 1
(Firebringer)
Drixx - 1
(Black)

Not Voting - 3
(DragonEater70, Dunnstral, Ircher)

With 15 Alive, It Takes 8 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
All Good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 17:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: klick
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am accepting applications for people to scumread me.
I am too widely townread. Need some shade my way. Give me all your shade.
I promise i won't get mad for u calling me scum.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

honestly surprised no one is giving me any shade for my drop off the game here. Like its like everyone mutually understands im busy or something or just finds my early game so townie its not worth going back into.

Feels like around this point people would go "hey what about FB again?" where is the usual townie who goes back into their townreads and re-examines them. Can't i get one paranoia person on me.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'll admit to being a little bit leery about you not being here but i don't think I've ever seen you lurk strategically as scum in my life so not really that much tbh.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Hey what about FB again?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i really think Black is a good push today. I need that energy to gather up a case. But everytime ive tried to dig heavily into someone like with FA i just get cold feet. Will the effort of me doing that deep dive be rewarded with a golden goose scum case or will i go back to feeling like i am empty handed.

Someone do me a cost benefit analysis, i am off the clock.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1992, Thestatusquo wrote: I'll admit to being a little bit leery about you not being here but i don't think I've ever seen you lurk strategically as scum in my life so not really that much tbh.
True.
In post 1993, Pink Ball wrote: Hey what about FB again?
Most townie post of the game here.
Show

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

You should start lurking as scum so I'll suspect you for it more next time.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

What fun is being scum if ur just gonna lurk though
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I also find kuribo townie in a broad sense, but every push Kuribo has done this game i didn't like.
Its a weird pattern.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I feel mixed on anyone who pushes on PB. On one hand, pushing pinkie in this game is bad cause i think pinkie pretty strong town. On the other hand if i was scum in this game, i would advise my team not to push pinkie because pinkie pushes hard back on any pushes.

So that leaves me in this weird dichotomy of A) does the scum team know this about pinkie and did no one advise their teammates. B) did they know this but didn't tell or did someone jump guns. C) scum aren't pushing pinkie its all town driven D) none of the above and pinkie is doing a very good imitation of his town game.

Choices and choices.
Show

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”