Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 2170, Menalque wrote: Hi, I incorrectly hard scumread you that last game and I’m sort of having a similar reaction to your D1 here in that it’s not generating a lot of anything for me (rich coming from me, I’m aware, har-dee-har)
okay sure, my head is not in this game. I'm confused tho are you saying you're hard scumreading me because my d1 isn't 'generating' a lot of 'anything' for you? do you think the way I'm playing this is comparable to monkey business? I don't think 'not a lot of anything' would be similar to a game I top posted throughout and unfortunately cared a whole lot about.
But anyway, mara isn’t happening with this much time left in day so even if you want to push there it’s a tomorrow thing.
I noticed.
You said towny vibes from rad in your readslist — what are the towny vibes and where?
I liked how he interacted with my mara case, providing further thoughts and actually taking into consideration - as opposed to the rest of the game - and I liked how he is townreading the main or potential wagons around those pages as well, I think it makes sense if you're playing without a survivalistic agenda to be doing the things rad is doing.
You had a bit of a meme read on imag as town for the poem — is that serious and if so is it actually the poem or is there more to it. Please see my post @bella on why I don’t think imag is a good candidate for tonereads
its not a meme read cause imag had towny emotions and characterization of every single slot in that poem thing. I'm vibing with his posts throughout though, its not just about the poem.
Whats your take on staeg? I know you’re voting there but I don’t fully understand why given that you previously said you moderately liked him and didn’t think he was scum with Mara and then put idk in your readslist
it's either staeg or two slots I'm townreading
Also same thing as last time — if you think you’ve already answered any of these pls just point me at the right spot in your iso
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by Menalque »

V quick response to part 1 bc I’m about to start work — I’m not hard scum reading you I’m just not townreading you bc I didn’t see you snap into super solvey mode yet like in monkey business and bc I know you can be a bit disconnected at the beginning and not post stuff I respond strongly to on d1 necessarily

So you’re in null for me still basically and I’ll form that read over time
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 2175, Menalque wrote: @dats, staeg pls join me on this

VOTE: rad
Idk man, who do you expect will join on Rads who wasn't on imag? Without actually having 7 votes I'd prefer that we don't drive up yet another person, and separately even after the horror that was Rad's last day of posting I still think imag is more likely scum
sa vrede?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’d like to engage more on the other bits which maybe if I’m not dead from classes on the Metro home and my phone hasn’t died I might be able to do then
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:22 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2178, Staeg wrote:

Idk man, who do you expect will join on Rads who wasn't on imag? Without actually having 7 votes I'd prefer that we don't drive up yet another person, and separately even after the horror that was Rad's last day of posting I still think imag is more likely scum
I think rad is the wagon with more momentum rn and I’m hoping that maybe I can get one of bella/gimli/mara to join us

There’s a less strong case or at least it’s less convincing on imag given how static that’s been but Mith and ceph both moved after the case on rad and his posting immediately after was real bad (will get into why later) so hopefully more people might change for this

Okay I rly gotta run now bye
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2174, Menalque wrote: I’m asking you because I could do either and while my team prefer imag still I’m trying to work with you in some way even though our reads are fairly diametrically opposed
the short answer to this is I'm probably only going to end up voting with you is if I impulsively feel that way in the moment or deadline comes around and I'm in a position where I have to be the hammer and staeg cannot happen.

The long answer is currently I want to vote with Bella + Imaginality + Rad + Marashu and honestly, I still feel like Gimli is town so I don't mind voting with him. I all currently townread these players.
Imaginality/Staeg composition is
Staeg, you, mith, Ceph, Datisi. The only player I'm happy voting with here is Datisi? Maybe you but Cephrir is worrying me and mith and Staeg are my leftovers and my fos'. I have a harder time trying to townread these players right now.
LLD will likely join on Rad so like that's 1 more ig I would want to vote w/.

Right now I'm really interested in how other people move their votes. I wanna be the one to see who bites. I don't see why I need to be the person to move their vote to make something happen when I don't need to be the person to be the one to make something happen.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2178, Staeg wrote:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:34 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Hi, I'll respond properly to that in a bit and klick has a response too, I just wanted to chime in and agree with alisea wagon comp comments
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

2178 stands out because it's the direct opposite of what's happening.
What that means, I plan to think on it
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think the only world I can think of where a wolf!Staeg wouldn't want to join a wagon on Rad is if Rad was also a wolf. That seems like the only universe where that happens?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2158, implosion wrote:
It's difficult to pinpoint the exact origin of the myth that coins are more likely to land on tails in the northern hemisphere, but it is believed to be a relatively recent myth that likely arose in the 20th century.

There is little evidence to suggest that the belief was held prior to the 20th century. In fact, the earliest recorded mention of the myth appears to be in a 1969 article in New Scientist magazine, which cited a study that found a slight bias towards tails in a small sample of coin tosses conducted in the northern hemisphere. However, the study's results were not statistically significant and have since been called into question.

Overall, the myth that coins are more likely to land on tails in the northern hemisphere appears to be a modern misconception with no basis in fact or scientific evidence.

Vote Count 1.17
Staeg (6): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality, Marashu, Rad, Gimli
imaginality (3): Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Rad (2): Cephrir, mith
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Ythan

Not Voting (1): Lady Lambdadelta

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is April 27 at 10:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-04-28 01:00:00).
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 804, Alisae wrote:
@Mith
what do you think of a Rad-Staeg-LLD team?
no way this works..........
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:02 am

Post by Alisae »

no it doesn't work I don't think it works
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 847, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Readwise I think Rad's reaction to this is town, if only because it comes across as the townie panic when you think you're about to die and not the scum controlled removal of pressure/redirect/leaning on scumbuddies to make sure somehting doens't happen.
actually this interaction on re-read wasn't what I thought it was.

I thought if I would be able to re-read that interaction I would be able to look on if Rad and LLD
aren't
playing together. When I read LLD's reaction I thought she was making it out to be something that was a bit more dramatic?
What I think actually happened was I think Rad noticed what LLD did and picked at it.

I'm starting to get tired so I really need to think this through, like how LLD approached this slot, but I WANT to say that it wouldn't make sense for LLD's read on Rad to like be it has throughout the game. I need to cross my t's and dot my i's tho. If I find something that invalidates what I'm seeing I'ma just drop it.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:24 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2185, Alisae wrote: I think the only world I can think of where a wolf!Staeg wouldn't want to join a wagon on Rad is if Rad was also a wolf. That seems like the only universe where that happens?
Not that I wouldn't love for your vote to unglue from me but I wouldn't describe myself as "wouldn't want to join a wagon on Rad" - I'm absolutely wagoning if it's me or Rad, but until Ythan coalesces or someone else chimes in that road leads to me or no lim, which isn't great
sa vrede?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:34 am

Post by Alisae »

other teams I think would be
Maybe Ythan tho I want to say she's just town. If she's a wolf and Rad and Staeg are teammates, they're both distancing from Ythan because everyone who's town townreads her and they're wolves so they're informed she's mafia. It's not a bus now, but its a potential bus for the future. Probably after she used a gun because if she's a wolf in first pick, she probably picked the gun.
I want to rule out mith ceph and mena just based on I think the movement onto rad starting out as town motivated.
Datisi could be a teammate
I don't think I can come to an answer right now on why Bella is opting to vote her teammate w/ me and when she could just find some way to pick at what I'm doing and keep voting imaginality? Unless she just wants to pocket me in the moment? That's the only reason I can see lol. Maybe she knows she can vote w/ me currently but later move off if she has to? I really think if she stayed on Imaginality, they would be able to get that elim. Not to mention I'm telling them to vote their 2nd pick player like idunno it's not like impossible but I have reasonable doubt.
Not Imaginality.
Not Marashu
Maybe not Gimli? I need to cross reference.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:44 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2190, Staeg wrote:
In post 2185, Alisae wrote: I think the only world I can think of where a wolf!Staeg wouldn't want to join a wagon on Rad is if Rad was also a wolf. That seems like the only universe where that happens?
Not that I wouldn't love for your vote to unglue from me but I wouldn't describe myself as "wouldn't want to join a wagon on Rad" - I'm absolutely wagoning if it's me or Rad, but until Ythan coalesces or someone else chimes in that road leads to me or no lim, which isn't great
If you = wolf and rad = town, you would probably just let rad happen without making a post. Your vote would have probably moved by now.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:44 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2191, Alisae wrote: why Bella is opting to vote her teammate w/ me and when she could just find some way to pick at what I'm doing and keep voting imaginality
Bella's been townreading imag the whole game?
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:45 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2192, Alisae wrote:
In post 2190, Staeg wrote:
If you = wolf and rad = town, you would probably just let rad happen without making a post. Your vote would have probably moved by now.
Ye I think that's correct
sa vrede?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:48 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2193, Staeg wrote:
In post 2191, Alisae wrote: why Bella is opting to vote her teammate w/ me and when she could just find some way to pick at what I'm doing and keep voting imaginality
Bella's been townreading imag the whole game?
Oh have they?
I might have been misremembering things I thought they might have wanted to go after imaginality at some point in time.
In that case I think if they're a wolf they definitely would want to go after imaginality and not shy away from that inside of just voting w/ me to bus because why???? That doesn't seem like that makes sense.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:49 am

Post by Alisae »

Should I go to sleep lol
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:09 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Klick now no convinced steag scum, is worried about rad: raises the fair point that suddenly being aware of hyper posting as a town seems quite fake and also easy to replicate.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:10 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Klicks reads

TOWN
Alisae
Menalque
Marashu
Datisi

Maybe town?
imaginality
Ythan
Staeg

NULL
Mith
Gimli

???
Rad

SCUMMY
Ceph
LLD
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:19 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 2167, Menalque wrote:
In post 1929, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 1917, Menalque wrote:
In post 1747, Bellaphant wrote: DV says imag sorta town but also in the 'rather not lim today' pile. Klick hard tr.
Can you go into this more? Why does klick hard TR imag and why do you agree?
In probably closer to the dv side of 'not today '. I think the unprompted claim is more likely town than scum, their push on lld early was good and I kinda like their responses to steag: feels natural. These arent great reasons but that's what I have
Hi Bella, this is what I wanted to talk about w/ you

Can you explain why you think the unprompted claim is more likely from town than scum? My team think it’s exactly the opposite (scum lose a lot from getting a member limmed early and esp if that member is UB, town losing UB is less of a loss and therefore it would make more sense to not out until you need to) and so I’d like to hear the reason on this one

Why was the lld push good? How are you reading lld now?

And are you familiar with imaginality at all? I think the answer is no as I wanna say imag said he hadn’t really played with much of the PL. I very recently played with him (and lost) where he was SK, and I think a lot of the reason he won that game is that he’s good at sounding natural. If you’re not already familiar then I can link you that game, because I’m worried you’re taking something that’s NAI because he does it as town and scum and reading into it too much

Last thing — is klick still following the game and if so could we get his reads atp

Also — if you’ve already answered any of the above then sorry for asking you to repeat yourself and if you could just pls point me to the part of your ISO then I’ll read those instead to save you time
I think I said this to datisi, that the weird timing is weird rather than purely Alignment indications. I think earlier part of the resistance was in believing his claim, but obviously that can be true as town or scum

Oushing lld early seemed a silly move for scum, unless scum together? I had a brief spell of tr-ing lld but the way she interacted with your slot felt scummy again: she wasn't interested in actual engagement. In hindsight this was an issue in our blow up too: she said she didn't want klicks ideas, then when pointed out it wasn't had a different issue, then when my alissy issue was pointed out it got shouted down and the game forward stuff got missed.

I get what you are saying about the playstyle thing. I can kind of see our vote moving, need to talk to team. I think I also was less fond of this wagon because it's a noying to spend this many pages to end up limmign Inna six, which was a discussion on ...page five. This is probably more petty than anything, but considering in worried about the 'progress' of some slots, it is w bit of a pi k flag.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”