Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3647, Black wrote:
In post 3637, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm enjoying this a lot.
Yeah I think it's a much better album than his last. Some songs feel very poignant, others are introspective and I like the way he self-reflects on one of them. Blame on Me hit me pretty hard, he's really thoughtful about sibling relationships here
What a coincidence.

tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3648, Drixx wrote:
In post 3644, Dunnstral wrote: Drixx I don't know what you expect me to post in response to that?
You thought it was worth quoting STDs conspiracy theory only to say that you have no opinion. You're quoting things specifically to bring STDs push on me back up into the thread, but you're avoiding actually putting yourself into it. And the fact that you acknowledge you weren't going to interact with my response kind of proves the point.
I could have easily "proved you wrong" by responding to it since you posted that and it prompts me before posting. Which you know.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

im going to be real with you and try to put the snark away for a second.

i don't think you've addressed my concern at all, i feel like you're talking around it. this is not me starting shit or trying to be a jerk, this is just the observation i am making in the moment.

i'm gonna back away because i think i've got what i need from this conversation and i want to think about it.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Black »

In post 3650, Thestatusquo wrote: What a coincidence
Shit made me cry ngl
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Black »

Ok I'll stop spamming too. I am reading the conversation but I don't have much to add atm
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3635, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3556, Klick wrote: I think if anyone has my D1 Visionary role today they should claim and we should try to verify them tonight. I'm open to reasons why this would be a bad idea.
I think this is a good idea
I don't and I don't like that both of you are proposing this surface level shit plan

We're breaking this setup without outting the confirmable roles
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3625, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3624, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2600, Firebringer wrote: I didn't even act last night.
In post 2639, Firebringer wrote: ohh and also the two people i target are informed they are visited by an arbiter when i visit
In post 3447, Firebringer wrote: btw my claim for last night is no action.
didn't see the point in using my role.
FB 3447 caught my attention. The first time you said you didn't act I thought you could be doing something to avoid giving too much information about your role, but then you posted your role and you said again that you didn't use it. I'm quoting specifically the part that says that your targets would be informed they were visited because I don't understand why would you NOT use this power if it could get you conftowned (as if, someone would confirm that you successfully used an amnesiac role)
woah
I would like more people to talk about this.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:22 am

it is weird and i'm sus of fb for other reasons
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:23 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3652, Save The Dragons wrote: im going to be real with you and try to put the snark away for a second.

i don't think you've addressed my concern at all, i feel like you're talking around it. this is not me starting shit or trying to be a jerk, this is just the observation i am making in the moment.

i'm gonna back away because i think i've got what i need from this conversation and i want to think about it.
It really is like catching a venereal disease ...
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Black »

VOTE: Firebringer
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 17 Again
The MovieThe camera opens to an elaborate stage set in the grand opera house, with a full orchestra warming up in the pit. The stage is set for a performance of La Traviata.

The lights dim and the curtain rises to reveal the stage set for the opening scene of the opera. The audience watches enraptured as the singers take their places and begin to perform.

Suddenly, the lights flicker and the music screeches to a halt. The audience gasps as they hear the sound of a gunshot.

From the wings, a group of armed men storm onto the stage, shouting and waving their guns. They make their way to the front of the stage where the lead soprano is standing frozen in fear.

One of the men steps forward and addresses the audience. It is the infamous gang leader, known only as "The Boss". He announces that he has taken over the opera house and demands a ransom for the safe release of the performers and the audience.

The audience is stunned into silence as they watch the drama unfolding before them. Suddenly, one of the performers, a mezzo-soprano, steps forward and begins to sing.

Her voice is clear and strong, and the music swells as she sings of hope and resistance in the face of adversity. The other performers and the audience join in, their voices blending together in a powerful chorus.

The Boss and his men are momentarily taken aback by the unexpected display of unity and defiance. But they quickly recover and aim their guns at the performers.

Just as the situation seems hopeless, the doors of the opera house burst open and a group of unlikely heroes charge in. Among them are the Detective, the Mechanic, and the Janitor from earlier in the movie.

They engage in a fierce battle with The Boss and his men, exchanging punches and gunfire. The audience and performers are caught in the crossfire, ducking and screaming for cover.

The battle rages on until finally, The Boss is defeated and the heroes emerge victorious. The performers and audience are safe, and the heroes take their final bow as the curtain falls.

The crowd erupts into thunderous applause, and the performers begin to sing once more, this time in celebration and triumph.

As the opera unfolds on stage, The Voice sits in a darkened control room, monitoring the situation through a bank of security cameras. With a satisfied smirk, they watch as the various characters play out their roles, completely oblivious to the danger that lurks just beyond the stage.

Suddenly, The Voice's phone rings, jolting them out of their reverie. They answer it, and a distorted voice on the other end informs them that there's been a breach in the perimeter. The Voice curses under their breath, realizing that one of their security systems must have been compromised.

Quickly, they jump into action, barking orders to their team of henchmen over the intercom. They scramble to fortify the building, setting up barricades and activating various traps and defenses to deter any intruders.

Despite the chaos, The Voice remains calm and focused, determined to protect their plans at all costs. As the opera reaches its climax, The Voice watches intently, knowing that the fate of their entire operation hangs in the balance.

Vote Count
Klick - 3
(Ircher, Titus, Thestatusquo)
Titus - 2
(Drixx, Klick)
Firebringer - 1
(Black)

Not Voting - 7
(Dunnstral, Firebringer, Frozen Angel, GuyInFreezer, Kuribo, Pink Ball, Save The Dragons)

With 13 Alive, It Takes 7 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
All good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-05-05 21:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3656, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2639, Firebringer wrote: ohh and also the two people i target are informed they are visited by an arbiter when i visit
FB 3447 caught my attention. The first time you said you didn't act I thought you could be doing something to avoid giving too much information about your role, but then you posted your role and you said again that you didn't use it. I'm quoting specifically the part that says that your targets would be informed they were visited because I don't understand why would you NOT use this power if it could get you conftowned (as if, someone would confirm that you successfully used an amnesiac role)
woah
This is completely expected from FB, and I think NAI. I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game. In fact, my brain says that FB, as town, has actively worked against me and Cerb when we were mechanically breaking a game. A couple times.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Drixx »

What should I think about Klick jumping onto Titus with me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2600, Firebringer wrote: im here for the next half hour.

what order we claiming last role cause i feel like just claiming.
I didn't even act last night.
In post 2612, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2607, kuribo wrote: Not only do I know from mechanics that ircher is town, I got Romeo today. I was Juliet on day one, meaning I got the role ircher had yesterday. Ircher is 100% confirmed town to me. Even beyond a mechanical level.
How is ircher conf town to u just because he was a lover.

I feel like this is dumb from a mechanics standpoint and ur not dumb so explain how im the idiot
In post 2621, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2617, kuribo wrote: Scum get amnesiac role PMs

Scum do not get the actual roles.
I literally don't understand this portion.
I am probably too stupid.

So basic summary is ur saying Ircher had a role pm that scum wouldn't or couldn't see. They would just get a lover role pm but wouldn't get a PT because scum don't get that portion.

Nope still not making sense. Need my expert Jingle to explain it to me.
In post 2627, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1, T-Bone wrote: The Mafia Team will be assigned Amnesiac Roles in the same random manner, though the roles will not be granted to them.
So wait all the scum in this game are basically Goons with "safe claims" not really safe cause
they can't use the roles.
Going to point this out as it looks like they didn't understand the setup. But I'm also going to point out that I asked them if they read the setup in my very first post this game in post , and that in post they make a comment about the setup and say town should mass claim and that Alisae had looked over the setup.
In post 203, Firebringer wrote:
In post 53, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 26, Firebringer wrote:
In post 22, GuyInFreezer wrote: -town points for spelling Mississippi wrong
Wish I could blame it on chatgpt but i wrote it all myself.

I am going to intermittently continue the scene because i didn't get the role pm i wanted and i am going to have to fun somehow
What does this mean? Did you read the setup?
Okay so I don't see the purpose in this question at all. The idea here i guess from Dunnstral is
he thinks I didn't read the setup
, I don't know what this tells a town or scum dunnstral if I did or didn't.
I have not read setups beforea s both alignments.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:32 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3661, Drixx wrote: This is completely expected from FB, and I think NAI. I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game. In fact, my brain says that FB, as town, has actively worked against me and Cerb when we were mechanically breaking a game. A couple times.
I feel like there's a difference between choosing not to do something pro-town and choosing not to mechanically break the game

I gotta re-read firebringer
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:32 am

VOTE: firebringer
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 3661, Drixx wrote: I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game.
I have a hard time believing FB wouldn't try to conftown himself though. And I don't think FB's reasoning for not using his role was because he didn't want to break the game, he said he just didn't see the point. I think having the leverage of being able to clear yourself at any given moment would be a pretty good reason to use it

Pedit:
Drixx wrote:Going to point this out as it looks like they didn't understand the setup.
In he reaches the conclusion that scum can't use their roles though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 254, Feysal wrote:
In post 53, Dunnstral wrote: What does this mean? Did you read the setup?
Okay so I don't see the purpose in this question at all. The idea here I guess from Dunnstral is he thinks I didn't read the setup, I don't know what this tells a town or scum Dunnstral if I did or didn't. I have not read setups before as both alignments. Dunn might or might not be aware of me favoring scum (I would think he should know with all our games together) but let's say he doesn't.

So what does this serve? To me this looks like seeing if he can see what I know of the setup to push me for it depending on the response. It doesn't look like sorting because what would my knowledge of setup do to help him sort as town, we are amnesiacs, we don't know the setup. So its either role fishing or pseudo trap to see if he can push me possibly under pretense of a 'scum slip', that last part might be uncharitable here. But to me this question serves nothing of hunting. I don't think this is Dunn trying to sort me unless magically he thinks scum me knows the full setup or something and I outed something about not getting the PRs.
Now let's pick this apart, shall we?
The first thing that stands out to me is that in the first paragraph, you seem to understand that by setup, Dunnstral was referring to the mod posts at the start of the game, which explain the special rules and mechanics. Something you can read and be fully aware of as town.
In the second paragraph however, you switch definitions, and use setup to refer to knowledge of available roles. Then you go on to accuse Dunnstral because the question does not make sense using that definition. This looks blatantly malicious. I struggle to imagine how you could possibly have switched the definitions by accident.

Moving on, using the first definition, that question makes perfect sense. The very premise of the game is that scum have access to more information than town does. Thus, town is more likely to miss things and get confused. I can imagine Dunnstral thinking, "Why is he unhappy with his role? Does he not realize he will get another one tomorrow? Or is he pretending not to?" and asking that question, to see whether there was confusion on your part and whether it looked genuine. Of course scum can pretend to be confused, but since they would want it to be noticed, it tends to stand out. This was immediately clear to me, and I have used this to establish early town reads myself.
In post 809, Firebringer wrote: actually what part of this post do you actually want me to respond to Feysal. cause I see like two questions on timeline or things I could clarify but most of this is just breaking apart my arguments to call me scum for making them or being disingenous w/e.

I am not sure how i can see this post as you looking for an actual response/rebunk. I think this was for the audience not me. I really don't care about correcting the record for you if i don't think your sorting here. Replying to every statement i disagree/need to clarify is like busy work which could just make responses longer and longer with no real point. So if you are genuinely wanting responses here. Ill give you that benefit, point out the 2-3 questions from whatever you were trying to get at in the post you want answered
Spoiler: Referenced post
In post 254, Feysal wrote:
In post 237, Firebringer wrote: THE OLD SCHOOL BOY READY FOR A FIGHT. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.
Maybe you missed my post explaining what I just said on what I don't like about Dunn's posts or questions, maybe you just disagree on the worth and weight to them.
Or maybe I had already stayed up far too long trying to keep up with the game, and decided to tackle that post tomorrow because I wanted to sleep.
In post 53, Dunnstral wrote: What does this mean? Did you read the setup?
Okay so I don't see the purpose in this question at all. The idea here I guess from Dunnstral is he thinks I didn't read the setup, I don't know what this tells a town or scum Dunnstral if I did or didn't. I have not read setups before as both alignments. Dunn might or might not be aware of me favoring scum (I would think he should know with all our games together) but let's say he doesn't.

So what does this serve? To me this looks like seeing if he can see what I know of the setup to push me for it depending on the response. It doesn't look like sorting because what would my knowledge of setup do to help him sort as town, we are amnesiacs, we don't know the setup. So its either role fishing or pseudo trap to see if he can push me possibly under pretense of a 'scum slip', that last part might be uncharitable here. But to me this question serves nothing of hunting. I don't think this is Dunn trying to sort me unless magically he thinks scum me knows the full setup or something and I outed something about not getting the PRs.
Now let's pick this apart, shall we? The first thing that stands out to me is that in the first paragraph, you seem to understand that by setup, Dunnstral was referring to the mod posts at the start of the game, which explain the special rules and mechanics. Something you can read and be fully aware of as town. In the second paragraph however, you switch definitions, and use setup to refer to knowledge of available roles. Then you go on to accuse Dunnstral because the question does not make sense using that definition. This looks blatantly malicious. I struggle to imagine how you could possibly have switched the definitions by accident.

Moving on, using the first definition, that question makes perfect sense. The very premise of the game is that scum have access to more information than town does. Thus, town is more likely to miss things and get confused. I can imagine Dunnstral thinking, "Why is he unhappy with his role? Does he not realize he will get another one tomorrow? Or is he pretending not to?" and asking that question, to see whether there was confusion on your part and whether it looked genuine. Of course scum can pretend to be confused, but since they would want it to be noticed, it tends to stand out. This was immediately clear to me, and I have used this to establish early town reads myself.
In post 55, Dunnstral wrote: Hold up, who is townreading you on page 2? I went back and checked and didn't see it.
I think the concern on who is townreading who is more of a scum concern. More mental notes taken of who is reading each other what for purpose of knowing where people stand. I also think this shows a lack of attention to the details here which I think is more easily to happen with scum. This one felt a bit less scummy because not paying attention can happen to anyone but the focus of who is reading you like that seems more of a scum concern.
Here I just disagree. I don't think scum really care who is townreading who, just who they can potentially get executed instead of themselves. Scum certainly don't give a damn about town reads in
RVS
. Paying attention to who is townreading
you
is a scum concern though, so I think it is valid to question Dragon on that. And that last sentence... exactly what made you think this had anything to do with who was townreading
Dunnstral
? Did you just sneak that in there and hope no one would notice?

Damn it, I'm voting this, because this case reeks to high heaven.

VOTE: Firebringer
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3661, Drixx wrote:
woah
This is completely expected from FB, and I think NAI. I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game. In fact, my brain says that FB, as town, has actively worked against me and Cerb when we were mechanically breaking a game. A couple times.
And Alisae? As I pointed out, they apparently read the setup.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3655, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3635, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3556, Klick wrote: I think if anyone has my D1 Visionary role today they should claim and we should try to verify them tonight. I'm open to reasons why this would be a bad idea.
I think this is a good idea
I don't and I don't like that both of you are proposing this surface level shit plan

We're breaking this setup without outting the confirmable roles
This is rich coming from you
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

OK that's not fair, Black is the one who outright claimed it. But still.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3664, kuribo wrote:
In post 3661, Drixx wrote: This is completely expected from FB, and I think NAI. I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game. In fact, my brain says that FB, as town, has actively worked against me and Cerb when we were mechanically breaking a game. A couple times.
I feel like there's a difference between choosing not to do something pro-town and choosing not to mechanically break the game

I gotta re-read firebringer
I hear you. I just think that this is so ridiculously on point for FB. I'm not even in the least bit surprised.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3666, Black wrote:
In post 3661, Drixx wrote: I cannot recall a time where I saw FB trying to work mech advantage in a game.
I have a hard time believing FB wouldn't try to conftown himself though. And I don't think FB's reasoning for not using his role was because he didn't want to break the game, he said he just didn't see the point. I think having the leverage of being able to clear yourself at any given moment would be a pretty good reason to use it

Pedit:
Drixx wrote:Going to point this out as it looks like they didn't understand the setup.
In he reaches the conclusion that scum can't use their roles though
Why did you quote Dunnstral but attribute the quote to me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3672, Black wrote: Why did you quote Dunnstral but attribute the quote to me?
Good question
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3668, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3661, Drixx wrote:
woah
And Alisae? As I pointed out, they apparently read the setup.
That's a good point. Going to think about it and re-read FB. My initial thought reaction is that if FB is getting help from Alisae, but generally speaking human minds will respond with things that protect the current thinking, so that's not necessarily useful.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”