Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:06 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4147, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: yeah i don't have a back and forth to give you. it's actually MORE useful to my eyes when you prod otheer people and make your arguments there

it has more chance of convincing me for sure
this game gets played when I am asleep.
I'm just doing what I can to fight for what I believe in.
My Ideal coalition is Mena + Bella + You + jjh (assuming I can identify them as town and they post) and me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:08 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4144, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 4142, Alisae wrote: tbh yesterday I tried to put my sole away and see your side of things. I felt like I did really hard to do that and to try to connect the pieces together. You kind of just left me with "not my problem let everyone else figure it out" and the idea of losing to Ythan who got away with stealing the mona lisa by not doing anything and just starting a fight with you for page 10 for no reason combined with mith who repeatedly kept finding ways to call this slot town and avoid people from suspecting her (especially d2) while railroading town throughout the game is just ugh.

I have to hear from Norwee constantly about how he suspects Ythan and mith and I can't help but agree with him. These are the reads my team has and if I know I'm right but I lose ANYWAY to this i...i don't know. I feel like you're just never going to hear the end of it from me. Like, I want to be LIKE THAT.
I don't want to lose to a Titus who called my play today flailing and got away with it. Do you think I'm flailing? I feel like that is the most heartless interpretation of my play.
Ali...

my team looked at your initial response to my suspicions of you earlier today and said you looked like you were flailing/panicing.
ya idunno idunno what to say other than just i'm solving and fighting for what i believe for and to see that get called flailing I just can't understand...
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:10 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4149, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: cause when you say "what scum team works?" I can think of 2 or 3. And when you say "why not staeg day 1?" I have thoughts on that too

any "why not" I have an answer for so it's not "why not this story" it's "which story is true"
did you share any of this? Is it just you feel like wolves don't have to do anything? Cause I feel like I could run down how a lot of these players would probably just find some way to end up voting Staeg > not if they were to be wolves. I'm really really puzzled about how Staeg's elimination just doesn't go through if he's town and jjh is a wolf.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:13 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4152, Alisae wrote:
In post 4149, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: cause when you say "what scum team works?" I can think of 2 or 3. And when you say "why not staeg day 1?" I have thoughts on that too

any "why not" I have an answer for so it's not "why not this story" it's "which story is true"
did you share any of this? Is it just you feel like wolves don't have to do anything? Cause I feel like I could run down how a lot of these players would probably just find some way to end up voting Staeg > not if they were to be wolves. I'm really really puzzled about how Staeg's elimination just doesn't go through if he's town and jjh is a wolf.
staeg elim is a blocker for imag and rad elims.

if staeg flips town by vote day 1 i'm killing peoplen who drove that wagon.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:18 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4153, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 4152, Alisae wrote:

staeg elim is a blocker for imag and rad elims.

if staeg flips town by vote day 1 i'm killing peoplen who drove that wagon.
So I think Mena would just not give a fuck about this since he doesn't care for playing the alignment in the first place.
Bella I imagine just continues to stand her ground. I don't think she fears you.
mith already discussed why he would want to be off an elimination wagon w/ me prior to those events. It makes sense to put out that perspective while not joining staeg.
Ythan didn't play.
Datisi is the only person who I could see fearing you and this applying too.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:20 am

Post by Alisae »

Oh also if I'm a wolf I just don't give a fuck and push it anyway because it's what I want and wolf!Ali always gets what e wants.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:21 am

Post by Alisae »

What teams do you see? You only said you have 2 of Datisi/jjh but you never exactly I think discussed teams w/ me?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Alisae »

OH ANOTHER THING LLD
I probably vote staeg shoot you because I can predict that Ythan investigates you if she's a cop.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:28 am

Post by Alisae »

I think me having that read as a wolf is not unreasonable, no?
So not only if I was a wolf would I push through Staeg, if you saying you would punish, I just wouldn't let you
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Alisae »

Norwee says that if mith didn't crumb the n3 gun that it's suspect
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 2:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

It is now the weekend. I have time to fully read up from the front now.

Reading from the back though, just a few notes of things that may be relevant;
-Team is still not talking so kinda on my own here.
-I claimed that Gimli went for the BP because it said that above my town role PM. I know as a result that town players might try to pick bulletproof, though admittedly I am not familiar with the meta of this setup, nor is this appropriate evidence for anyone else.
-Placing mith is probably the most important thing right now in my opinion
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 2:38 am

Post by Alisae »

Looking forward to it!!!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 4:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

20 pages in and making good use of this train journey, but phoneposting so expect more reading than analysis especially while I don't have all the deets.

At this point, I think I can see what I recognise as alisae and bella's towngames, I'm ignoring the stats talk, and LLD-Ythan stuff is quite interesting to me knowing that Ythan is scum but I don't think I have the capability to get an above rand read on LLD from here. Need to read more and probably interact more directly down the line with Mena and Datisi, and Mith is still the big mystery that I need to get a confident read on.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 4:41 am

Post by mith »

In post 4128, Alisae wrote:mith literally just posted that he thought that I wasn't playing mafia
(Hopefully it’s obvious to everyone (except possibly Ali?) that saying she’s playing “Keep Talking and Nobody Has a Chance to Keep Up with All My Bad Takes” was a sarcastic joke.)

I really don’t care for the AtE of 4125 (especially after the comments she has made about Andante as a player), but at least she recognized it was unfair in 4133.

For my part, I find Ali’s posting exhausting and it would be easier for me, especially the way I’m feeling right now, to just ignore it. But that’s not how I play; I figure out the game best by interacting directly, by finding inconsistencies of thought and digging in on them to try to determine if they are genuinely held inconsistencies or inconsistencies as a result of making up BS. On top of that, I am acutely aware that if the scum manage to mislim me specifically it’s game over.

So, yeah, obviously I am going to point out where Ali is saying things that are simply untrue, are vague and don’t logically lead to the conclusion she is pushing, etc. And I’m going to continue trying to read that slot, even if it’s ultimately futile applying my usual methods in this case. (I’m imagining trying to do the sort of PBPA I used to do on 1200+ posts, and I think I died a little inside.)

Anyway, to summarize where I am with Ali right now:

I think she is pushing weak reasoning to “rule out” various team options in order to “PoE” it down to Ythan/mith/Datisi, and not really engaging on that weak reasoning when it is pointed out, instead relying on volume and AtE. She could be doing this as town, and has just been hard tunneled on me most of the game (again, with the exception of ending up on both mislim wagons with me, which makes little sense if she’s as distrustful of me as she has claimed — the switch to imaginality D2 comes across as a slightly more nuanced version of Andante’s “mith posted lots of words” in this context). Or she could be scum thinking I almost certainly shoot her tonight if jjh flips red (is this where the whole “scum didn’t want to lim Staeg because they thought he was the 1-shot vig” thing is coming from? projection?), whereas a mislim on me wins her the game (possibly a mislim on someone else does as well, if jjh actually drafted JK, but I think it's more likely that slot claims tracker if they did and the "why would they claim VT drafting BP as scum??" is just WIFOM).

I think the latter (Ali scum) is more likely, maybe 80-20 right now, assuming a jjh red flip. (I do think she's most likely town if jjh is town; maybe this has all been an act, but I don't think she is nearly so passionate about her solve if she's scum and jjh is town.)

I would find it incredibly frustrating and stupid if we lose this game because somehow I do end up being the mislim. But I don't think this happens unless LLD/Ythan are scum, and if that's were the case this day would already have played out differently and I'd already be dead.

In post 4159, Alisae wrote: Norwee says that if mith didn't crumb the n3 gun that it's suspect
?

I didn’t crumb; I don’t typically crumb roles. Either they’re too obvious and give scum information, or they’re too vague, useless, and fakeable. (The last time I remember crumbing was in a Good Omens theme game in which I was an SK fake claiming Vig; and that’s like… 2004? Maybe I crumbed in some other game after that, but that’s the memorable one.)

If I
did
typically crumb roles, I would do so as either alignment (if anything, I would care more about doing so in this game as scum, since the vast majority of the time I would end up claiming from the slot I drafted).

------

Probably won't be posting a whole lot today after this. I still feel like crap, and I spent way too much energy yesterday trying to keep up with Ali; I need to take care of myself (aka lots of TotK and maybe a nap while the kids are at MIL's).
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Datisi »

i think in every other universe i would be super snarky towards LLD right now for posts around but i feel really bad about the hives so i'm sending an oog <3 instead

also thank you others for the wishes
In post 3990, Bellaphant wrote: @datisi, why are high-key fucked?
because like

i don't know if alisae will ever listen to me and the way today's been going so far it feels like getting a yeet onto you/jjh wouldn't be that difficult for scum so y'know

In post 3999, Alisae wrote: This is for the people who think I'm Andante's teammate

Bellaphant - votes staeg
Datisi - votes staeg
Lady Lambdadelta - votes staeg
Menalque - votes staeg
mith - votes staeg
Ythan - votes staeg
what
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:11 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm reading the mith/ali argument on pg 162 and i thought that was saying exactly what mith said, but apparently alisae says that that is a misrep, so what is it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Datisi »

it is kind of annoying seeing lld claiming that staeg had good reads but her currently solve is me/jjh and staeg had me as ~gigatown~ and gimli as leaning town

they back off staeg once, sure, people backed off imag at some points in d1 as well

"scum knows there's a cop in top 2, shoot the one with the bigger threat level" i was there at d1 arguing that staeg was town. there were people pushing there for ??? that i called out at the time. like this order of events doesn't actually make sense with me/jjh being scum at all
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@datisi, I don't think I'm the lim here for lots of reasons?
@alisae, klick says that he can see Titus thinking that about flailing, but we already know Titus has some interesting takes.
@mena, did my response to your day one question prompt anything? Klick would still like to know how sure you are on days
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4167, Bellaphant wrote: @datisi, I don't think I'm the lim here for lots of reasons?
probably not, no

what's your current thoughts on what we should do?
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:05 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4163, mith wrote: (Hopefully it’s obvious to everyone (except possibly Ali?) that saying she’s playing “Keep Talking and Nobody Has a Chance to Keep Up with All My Bad Takes” was a sarcastic joke.)
- I am slightly dense and biologically I am just susceptible to taking these types of things seriously
- it wasn't, i don't know how it was clear that it was
- do you like baiting me with your "jokes"?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:37 am

Post by mith »

Apologies for not making it more clear.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

Fwiw I got to page 40 but have been watching eurovision

Might have been optimstic saying I'd catch up today, but tomorrow is on the cards
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Ythan »

It's funny reading jjh posts when I know they're scum.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hey LLD, I would like to understand what teams it is that you see.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4173, Alisae wrote: Hey LLD, I would like to understand what teams it is that you see.
JJH/Datisi/Mena
JJH/Datisi/Bella
JJH/Datisi/You
JJH/Datisi/Mith
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”