Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Shirou »

also, I began developing a conspiracy theory that DGB could be an roleblocker backup but she claimed to have roleblocked me in D1 before I had revealed my N1' target, so as scum she would have risked being outed and it's a very unlikely scenario. I'm discarding it.

my second conspiracy theory is that to counter apparently having two protections, one of the non-PRs like Freedom/DeasVail could be a X-shot strongman. The unique way I could see every claimed PR being town is if scum has another PR that has claimed VT. However, Freedom has already been checked by Mastina, and unless it's exactly Mastina/Freedom, Freedom can't be the strongman. Then if someone had to be a strongman in a scenario where Mastina is town, it would have to be DeasVail again.

I may not see like the most open-minded person, but I do try to think of different ways of approaching things even if I don't show it everytime. I made a major reconsideration of Ausuka's alignment for example.

No matter what kind of direction I start thinking about this game though, it always leads me to limming inside Mastina/DeasVail.

I'm actually interested on someone making a compelling case on anyone else (other than DV/Mastina I guess given they'll just try to frame me as scum again despite significant evidence to the contrary.)
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 4:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 4.06

mastina (1):
Shirou

Not Voting (6): Freedom, Ausuka, DeasVail, xofelf, mastina, DrippingGoofball

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2023-05-18 09:20:33)

Mod Notes
Have fun!

<(") | (")>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 4:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What about xof? Any chance there?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 4:32 am

Meanwhile....VOTE: DV

That might get more people to talk.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:09 am

Post by xofelf »

I do appreciate you making an effort not to post as much Shirou. As much as my ability to do deep analysis has been compromised due to some body bads and brain dumbs, I think the cut and dry of it is like, we've got several roles that with specifically planned actions, we'll be in a really good position tomorrow. I'm not really sure how to read specific people atm because I can't tell if my vibes on them are right or not. Last time I had any input from Titus, she did say getting confirmed flips on mastina and/or Freedom would really clear stuff up, and I kind of agree. I mostly just have shakey vibes i'm not confident on, and a team who is pretty behind on my game. So gonna do a Shirou and kinda think where my vibes are atm and we'll see how long this post gets and if I got any conclusions.

Ausuka- Like day 1 maybe post 3 in hood, Ausuka mentioned being a fruit vendor. And she's not really waved from that, and i don't know that I would call her interactions in hood with Koba to be anything like them doing a bit together. While I'm not confident I know what Auscumka looks like, I do know what Townsuka looks like, especially recently given I did replace her in a town slot a couple months ago. And even when she was being heavily targetted, she didn't reach emotional places that I didn't buy were genuine emotion, whether she thought she was gonna be yeeted or NK'd. I guess I'm just, familiar with grumpsuka. So if she's been really good about playing me this whole time and there were 2 scum in my hood, she's a goddamn scum genius, and while I believe that the team behind her could have helped her be that, I just don't think her play is anything but town.

DGB- Early on DGB was the kind of posting I expected to see from her when she's town, but she's kinda faded into the background a little bit more. And that could just be she's got RL shit she's doing, which I would buy, but it also reminds me of a scum game she's had, so I'm really torn. *But* the way I understand what she's claimed, she's also testable, no? Like either she does the shit she said she would do overnight, or she doesn't. Also, not as any sort of slight to her, she's pretty easy to look at as "so if i'm building the scumteam from these claims and these people with these plays, she slots in such a makesensical spot" and I can't not see that.

DV- DV in hood and out of hood is the DV I've played with when he was town, like... I don't know how else to explain it. We've known each other for so long, and played so many games where we had to lie to each other, that I know what DV lying looks like and feels like. *But* what I'm missing here is the DV that does a little more action than the usual posting to poke at people to see which ways they squirm. I know he's had some stuff going on, but since the flip this is a less present DV and that worries me. He also suffers from could totally be part of a scumteam. I just don't think so.

Freedom- Man, your slot before was sus, you've also not really fixed that amount of sus. And yet... I think you're just pulling a me and read as scum accidentally just by the way you think and some less good word choices. But there's so much less from you to really reassure me. Like I know I've done kinda fuckall lately, but I still feel like you're doing bare minimum to a) be noticed/remembered at all and b) to look like you're doing solving and sorting this. It could just be playstyle, and I could just be giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure. You don't fit into nearly so many possible scumteams though, congratulations. But you do if it's also mastina, who maybe wouldn't be so obvs as to "catch" her scumpartner and then clear her other the next day but maybe the mastina of team mafia this day would do that. *Or* since she's just a rolecop, and maybe your role doesn't have a bunch of modifiers on it so you'd read as close to probably just town in role as possible. I don't know, but it's not an impossibility.

mastina- I want to believe mastina so bad, like i love the synergy our roles have if she's town like I am. I also like a lot of her mech reasonings and some of the posting she's had today. But I also find it weird that she's been outed for a couple Days yet nobody has stopped her from doing her shit. There's also been quite a few posts that she's made that she keeps getting some of the information not quite exactly right, and I don't know what to do with that. Whether we yeet her today, or try to confirm her tonight, I think she's one of the most important flips to fit the rest of the pieces of the puzzle.

Shirou- So I do genuinely enjoy your energy, but you post so much so often that I do often find whatever vibe I had on you drowned out by noise. Which isn't to say your posts *are* noise, just you do a lot of thinking your thoughts at the thread in posts rather than in your head or in your teamchat. Unless you *also* are this present there and in your hood, which, bro how do you have the time??? Okay so...I've been hoping to get *somebody* to accidentally explain to me without me having to ask, but at this point I should just ask.. What does Announcing mean? Is it like... Loud except the people you target know that you've targetted them and *how* you've targeted them? >.> I've been assuming that's how it works, in which case as much as I'm not sure where to put you, so long as you actually get to do your role, people should know exactly what you are? I can't really find too much fault in the way that you think or post about things ina way that as fucky as the vibes of your roleclaiming have been, you might just be what you've said.

So, i guess in terms of should be flipped/confirmed first, i'd put it like mastina > Shirou > Freedom > DV > DGB > Ausuka
I don't think there's team equity between DV/Ausuka. But there could be with Freedom/mastina.
Everything else needs actual digging and praying my team are capable of giving me a place to bounce thoughts off of for actual solid shit.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

I will do actual posting later but i can do the easy mech stuff now. Announcing means your target gets a PM saying like, "you were targeted by a Doctor". It doesn't give the name of the person who targeted you though.

Also i hope i'm not that grumpy >.>
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

Also xoffy weren't we in a large normal game together where i was scum pretty recently?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 6:57 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay, so it is what I thought. Thank you <3

You're not, I just know what it looks like when it's legitimate. That's more what i meant.

P-edit: We were, yes, but a) I think that's the one I replaced out of?, and b) my word choice was intentional, i'm not *confident* I know what it looks like. Cuz I didn't have a strong of sense of you as a person or presence in that game. which may just be how you read as scum and that's what it's like, but you're definitely not that brand of you here in this game.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:00 am

Post by xofelf »

I feel I forgot to mention before I did my wall, try as I might I haven't been able to sleep yet so I've been up since 11am yesterday :)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1854, xofelf wrote: mastina > Shirou > Freedom > DV > DGB > Ausuka
Hmm...

If you were scum and I had to partner you up without considering claims, I would also choose either Freedom or DV, especially DV considering the potentially reversable read...

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1854, xofelf wrote: bro how do you have the time???
Well that's signature town!Shirou for you, always thinking about the game to the point of distracting himself from real life tasks unfortunately

I think I've mostly settled on at least one scum in Mastina/DeasVail for now though so I've been able to shift my attention elsewhere and just...wait

VOTE: DeasVail

DeasVail seems to have a bit more resistance than Mastina, I'm interested on seeing where this goes.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1852, DrippingGoofball wrote: What about xof? Any chance there?
I dunno about xof, I think I would gotta be wrong on Mastina for that to be the case, but it feels possible although considerable less likely? A bit hard to see myself voting Xof before Mastina.

I'm also once more coming around just voting DeasVail today because if it's ever scum!xof her partner also seems to be DeasVail and if Mastina is ever town, I think the odds of us losing tomorrow are higher than with a "DeasVail > Mastina" lim chain.

Maybe I should start quoting some of the Koba/DeasVail interactions that caught my attention later.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1861, Shirou wrote: if it's ever scum!xof her partner
their*

sorry

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Shirou »

also I'll be completely honest

I think Mastina/DeasVail are never both town in my view and most likely scum together but if we lim Mastina first and she flips town somehow, it could be scum!Xof and I think I may get limmed in the next day.

It's hard for me to see a scenario where DeasVail flips town however, like, it would need to be either scum!Ausuka or scum!Freedom from my PoV (mostly Freedom) and I would need to reconsider my solve.

I think limming Mastina first can end up on a scum win if it's ever DeasVail/Xof but getting scum!DV first probably would give me more leverage for D5 or D6 against whoever is scum in [Mastina/Xof] (assuming I'm alive by then I guess).

If DeasVail or Mastina flips scum today I would like for Xof to watch me and theoretically prevent me from dying. I would also be up to doctoring them back, so neither the watcher or doc would likely die in N4.

If we get town today...eh, whatever.

(Aka Volpe14)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 8:37 am

In post 1860, Shirou wrote:
DeasVail seems to have a bit more resistance than Mastina, I'm interested on seeing where this goes.
Eh, that doesn't mean much.

If there's resistance... it's with Freedom.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:05 am

So... Staeg believes in a DV/mastina team but xof's post 1854 is a whole bunch of waffly red flags and Staeg's scum-meter is smoking.

'til now xof was consistently town read by the rest of my team even as I pointed out that xof was excessively pleasant and not making waves.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:44 am

Staeg suggests xof/Freedom based on 1854 alone.

Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 1852, DrippingGoofball wrote: What about xof? Any chance there?
I think it was mentioned in our team chat that xof should be in the PoE.
I think it was somethong about them being under the radar.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Freedom »

I've been a bit busy lately.
I'll promise I'll try to paraphrase my hood soonish.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:50 am

Tell me more.

Like something original would be nice.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:50 am

VOTE: Freedom

Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 1869, DrippingGoofball wrote: Tell me more.

Like something original would be nice.
OK.
I'll paraphrase my hood now.
In the beginning, it was mainly a conversation between Shirou and Kowah about Shirou spamming nonsense in the PT.
Kowah said they liked nonsense but Shirou pointed out they didn't like so last time. Kowah then clarified they were fine with nonsense in the hood but preferred a clean main thread.
Arko, my predecessor, thought there was scum in hood. Kowah and Mala agreed.
Shirou thought Kowah/Mala were scum but suggested an all-town hood could exist.
Then, he mentioned thinking Italiano was in a hood. Mala mentioned mastina's.
Arko mentioned that the team thought there could be 3 hoods.
Then, I came in.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Freedom »

I asked if our hood was known.
Mala claimed FV and mentioned her crumb.
Shirou and Mala wondered if Ausuka/Mala could be both Town.
Shirou considered mod WIFOM and told me it was known that we were neighbours.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Freedom »

I'll finish paraphrasing later.
I gtg.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 1:21 pm

I am not impressed.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”