Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Caboose »

Mizzy wrote:I just got home but there is a huge chance I won't be able to catch up until Monday. I will try for tomorrow but Monday is the more likely choice.
I hope you have an attention span longer than mine.
TheAd wrote:I mainly voted because the deadline was coming up and I don't like not voting at the end of a day.
Fair enough. I don't like not voting either.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:56 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One: Vote Count #11

3 ClockworkRuse (urielzyx, ortolan, Axelrod)
2 Battousai (destructor, ClockworkRuse)
1 Caboose (Machiavellian-Mafia)
1 Mizzy (Battousai)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline hits on December 4 at 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 5 – Caboose, CarnCarn, Mizzy, roflcopter, ThAdmiral
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok guys, let's pick up the activity.

CR: Care to respond to anything other than what you already pointed out? There was a question after the very first quote to you.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:22 am

Post by CarnCarn »

I will be V/LA 12/2-12/4 (returning 12/5)

Right now, no one stands out at an obvious suspect. I feel that a CR lynch is the best, though. If he flips scum, then I can understand why his wagon stalled out earlier. If he is town, then we can investigate his wagoners tomorrow. It puts his earlier comments in some context.

I also find Axel mildly suspicious for his "townie" list, especially this early in the game.

Vote: ClockworkRuse
FoS: Axelrod
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Mizzy »

Holy crap, there's a lot to catch up on. Caboose, I think my attention span died 3 weeks ago, but I can try.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

What a coincidence, as soon as I call out Caboose he starts posting at a rate much faster than before. But his posting still has a distinct pattern:

"There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that. "

"I'll attempt to wade through the postage a little later."

"I'll let him defend himself before placing a vote."

"Fair enough. I don't like not voting either."

He keeps delaying actually scumhunting and placing vote. I still like my vote.
The end justifies the means.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:37 am

Post by CarnCarn »

^^That just sounds like Caboose, to me.^^
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:39 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Hmm, no. The only game I played with him was as scum, so nevermind.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:15 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

"But why did you vote Ort here and did not post a FoS, or anything on TheAdmiral? " This Batt?

Because I had started to tunnel in on Ort.

I'm also still curious why Axel is so set on me claiming, it seems like minor fishing to me. L-3 is no position to claim.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Caboose »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:What a coincidence, as soon as I call out Caboose he starts posting at a rate much faster than before. But his posting still has a distinct pattern:

"There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that. "

"I'll attempt to wade through the postage a little later."

"I'll let him defend himself before placing a vote."

"Fair enough. I don't like not voting either."

He keeps delaying actually scumhunting and placing vote. I still like my vote.
If you want the long-winded posts or if you expect me to read long postzillas, you will be disappointed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Prodding urielzyx.

I may need to seek replacements for both roflcopter and urielzyx. It seems I have no choice but to officially
retract the deadline
until further notice. Apologies again, but I do cannot in good conscience allow a game to go into night via a deadline when I have reason to believe players are absent.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm here sorry pj didn't have any access the past two days.

reading now.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

vote: clockworkruse

back to reading
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

ClockworkRuse wrote:I'm also still curious why Axel is so set on me claiming, it seems like minor fishing to me. L-3 is no position to claim.
I can understand Axel's position. It only takes 4 to lynch at deadline, and the earlier we have even
some
info, the more flexible the lynch can be, IMO.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

CarnCarn wrote:I will be V/LA 12/2-12/4 (returning 12/5)

Right now, no one stands out at an obvious suspect. I feel that a CR lynch is the best, though. If he flips scum, then I can understand why his wagon stalled out earlier. If he is town, then we can investigate his wagoners tomorrow. It puts his earlier comments in some context.

I also find Axel mildly suspicious for his "townie" list, especially this early in the game.

Vote: ClockworkRuse
FoS: Axelrod
I don't like this post for the following reasons:

- setting up a binary system that implies if you are on the lynch and it he is scum you are town, and if you are on the lynch and he is town you are scum (also setting up chain lynches to a certain degree)
- doesn't seem to take responsibility for own vote: when he says "we can investigate his wagoners tomorrow" it doesn't sound like he is including himself.

I also
really
don't like it how people are just saying "cr lynch is best" without providing
any
reasons! How can he argue against that or even
respond
to that?

I hate it when it happens to me, and i don't like it when it happens to others.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Chipping in with a quick comment: I think the idea of lynching anyone just to find out their alignment is completely horrible. If we have a lynch, it should be someone we think is scum. Period.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Caboose »

Could someone please summarize why CR is obvscum?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

ThAd wrote:- setting up a binary system that implies if you are on the lynch and it he is scum you are town, and if you are on the lynch and he is town you are scum (also setting up chain lynches to a certain degree)
- doesn't seem to take responsibility for own vote: when he says "we can investigate his wagoners tomorrow" it doesn't sound like he is including himself.
No, I was one of his wagoners earlier in the day, and it looks like I will be at the end of the day, too. I'm not "excusing" myself at all. If I am setting up chain lynches, then I'm setting up my own lynch, too.
Caboose wrote:Could someone please summarize why CR is obvscum?
I don't think anyone is obvscum, here. I am voting CR because he seems most scummy (dodging the Ramus wagon with a clearly invalid excuse, annoucing that he was getting ready to go after attacking someone right when the attention starting mounting on him, etc.)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Tell me why scumhunting even if pressure is building on me is scummy, CarnCarn.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by destructor »

! Last few days were way busier than I expected. I'm just posting to say I'm alive and will post later tonight or tomorrow.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

townlist:
mizzy
carncarn
mach-maf
axelrod

scumlist:
clockworkruse
battousai
destructor

ambiguous:
thadmiral
caboose
ortolan
urielzyx

Post 54, cwr thinks there is "adequate pressure on ramus" aka he doesn't want to be seen to be mindlessly bandwagoning, and instead votes ortolan for "defending ramus." kind of ridiculous that rather than join a wagon that might be fruitful you throw your vote away on somebody who's supporting the person being wagoned. carncarn notes how lame this is in the very next post.

post 61 is a winner.

post 70 from ortolan smells an awful lot like distancing. fos = friend of scum. this also makes cwr's silly ortolan vote make a lot more sense.

post 76 has cwr ratcheting up the rhetoric against ramus but STILL keeping his vote on ortolan, which is looking more and more suspect given how hard he is pushing against ramus. his whole "defending other people is scummy" schtick is also just wrong.

post 85 caboose is being oddly noninteractive. noted.

up to page five, and theadmiral has done nothing but debate theory points as far as i can tell. also noted.
ortolan wrote:According to the last votecount, he only has 1 vote. It's strange you seem to be at least partially appealing to argument from the majority here.
zing! great point made by ort against cwr. still think he's just distancing/bussing though. its become a real back and forth by this point, but to begin with their attacks on each other were really suspect.

post 115 and some other earlier posts have got me very comfortable with saying mach maf is town.

des jumps right in to defend cr, and in post 137 starts trying to scare votes off the cr wagon by raising the specter of, god forbid, a six page day. :roll:

thadmiral is being notably noncomittal at the bottom of page six

post 152 why isn't cwr already dead?

reevaluating the theory that ort is bussing cwr.
battousai wrote:From what has been said, I don't think CR has done anything worth being lynched yet. But maybe being at L-2 he has kept up being active.
uh huh. batt is distancing cwr, and hoping this wagon falls apart.

don't like the caboose wagon at the expense of the cwr wagon. caboose is lurking yes, but cwr is outright scummy, and its unsettling that two of the people who have made the most lucid and straightforward points against cwr (mach maf, carncarn) suddenly abandon ship simultaneously.

post 209 hey look i was right batt was just distancing cwr and wasn't really willing to go all the way to a bus. throwing an fos at axel for asking for a claim from the guy he was bandwagoning is bupkiss too.

post 214 axelrod is so incredibly correct in every way, man i'm glad this guy joined the game. rading this post, its almost like i shouldn't have even bothered writing my own here. but oh well. he's right, cwr should be claiming right about now.

oh good, the lurkerwagon on caboose fell apart once he reappeared. can we get back to the business of lynching clockwork now?

that about does it. lists at the top of this post were updated once i finished writing the whole thing.
soi soi soi

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

I don't get the argument that I'm "distancing" from my scumbuddy. As far as I'm aware I've never said anything in support of CR (and most of my game content has been attacks on him). Unless you're suggesting using FoS is somehow scummy by policy?

While he may have zoned in on me to begin with, or "tunnel visioned" as he called it, I never reciprocated beyond voting for him for aforementioned reasons
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

like i said halfway through my post, i've reevaluated my initial position that it looked like a bus. thats why you ended up in the ambiguous column instead of the scum column.

but yeah, i think foses when you're not voting are mad scummy.
soi soi soi

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Axelrod »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote: @Axelrod: I assume you meant #195 when you said "basically, I agree with MM in #175"?
Um, yes, I meant that. Although technically what I'm agreeing with is your point #2 in post 195, not your point #1.

CR: my suggestion that you claim was based on the deadline. We no longer have a deadline (although one could go back on at any moment).

I'm thinking I might prefer ThAdmiral as a target right now, for a
lot
of wishy-washyness, including a vote-unvote-vote-unvote string in successive posts and failure to express strong opinions about anyone.

Perhaps a case shall follow!
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 am

Post by CarnCarn »

ROFLcopter wrote:townlist:
mizzy
carncarn
mach-maf
axelrod
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like kinds of lists. The players often end up dead the next day.
FoS: roflcopter

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”