Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.4

Back in the very early 70s, Sadocrem was also used as a low-fat butter substitute or whipped and added to fruit trifles.

fireisredsir (4):
Dunnstral, Cephrir, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (2):
Aisa, Aureal
Aisa (1):
sheepsaysmeep
Skitter (1):
Egix96

Not voting (3):
implosion, MegAzumarill, fireisredsir

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-13 14:00:00)

Last edited by Umlaut on Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i read most of those posts. someone else can just tell me if mena's huge wall was a good post i guess, i don't plan on reading it
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1240, Aureal wrote:
In post 1228, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
About...? The easy reason is the slot repeatedly getting replaced. Ceph and implosion in particular seemed to take issue there.

This stuff with Mena is much better from what I've seen, but I gotta get back to focus on work, no OT for me today.
I was wondering who you took issue with and what the silly easy reason is. I see 1 person who commented on the double replacement thing (cephrir) and you took that and ran with it and are trying to paint the picture that the only reason they are being voted is because of that.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1274, Aisa wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by reaching out to you being an effective strategy?
if i am in a vulnerable place (such as about to be limmed) and someone shows up and offers me a hand then i am likely to be pocketed by such things (personally but also i think it's effective in general)

i am aware that i am fairly pocketable and so i tend to be wary of it although i think it still happens

i guess if im getting limmed then it doesn't matter tho
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1276, Cephrir wrote: i read most of those posts. someone else can just tell me if mena's huge wall was a good post i guess, i don't plan on reading it
im pretty sure he's town now
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1277, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
About...? The easy reason is the slot repeatedly getting replaced. Ceph and implosion in particular seemed to take issue there.

This stuff with Mena is much better from what I've seen, but I gotta get back to focus on work, no OT for me today.
I was wondering who you took issue with and what the silly easy reason is. I see 1 person who commented on the double replacement thing (cephrir) and you took that and ran with it and are trying to paint the picture that the only reason they are being voted is because of that.
and even for me it's just a fun little side point
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i do think that someone who is in the driver's seat of the game is likely to be scum here

id guess skitter > implosion >>> aisa

im not sure who else qualifies for that role if anyone

beyond that, idk, one of aureal/egix i guess? maybe im wildly misreading sheep?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1278, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1274, Aisa wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by reaching out to you being an effective strategy?
if i am in a vulnerable place (such as about to be limmed) and someone shows up and offers me a hand then i am likely to be pocketed by such things (personally but also i think it's effective in general)

i am aware that i am fairly pocketable and so i tend to be wary of it although i think it still happens

Exactly. I don't see a real benefit to scum pocketing you at the moment, given you're very vulnerable. I don't have much experience as scum, but in my limited experience never have I thought "lemme just go and pocket this dude I'm setting up as today's mislim real quick".

I want to clarify I'm not saying Egix is definitely town here. It was one post and I think the alignment of that slot is yet to be seen. I also kinda see a specific world where if you + Egix were scum together, the behaviours of you two towards each other would make sense
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1277, Dunnstral wrote:
Go on

^^^ I strongly endorse this by the way. fire vs Mena is flashier right now but I haven't agreed with any of Aureal's posting since like the two posts she made upon replacing in. I can write some stuff up tomorrow with more sleep in the tank

Actually lemme VOTE: Aureal real quick because rn I kinda would want to flip this slot over Dunn (although I'm also still potentially up for flipping fire)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1282, Aisa wrote:
In post 1278, fireisredsir wrote:

Exactly. I don't see a real benefit to scum pocketing you at the moment, given you're very vulnerable. I don't have much experience as scum, but in my limited experience never have I thought "lemme just go and pocket this dude I'm setting up as today's mislim real quick".

I want to clarify I'm not saying Egix is definitely town here. It was one post and I think the alignment of that slot is yet to be seen. I also kinda see a specific world where if you + Egix were scum together, the behaviours of you two towards each other would make sense
at the time i made the comment i was feeling more optimistic about my chances of living

im still not very sure why people think im scum (besides mena, he's made it pretty clear, but i wouldn't expect his mindset to apply to anyone else) or why my lim should be a certainty

i remember the first game i replaced into was KTaNE and there was a wagon on my slot and i did not know how to handle that very well and ended up getting i think even more suspicion on me (ceph and mena were there!)

scum 100% reached out to pocket me there (baltar i remember specifically, morning tweet did a bit as well)
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1241, Menalque wrote: funnily enough, I missed that sheep never answered either of these questions, the one on ceph or andante. sheep, if you remember, I would still like to know this
funnily enough I remember typing out the answer to your questions and not pressing submit sorry

what I was gonna say about ceph was that I remembered a couple villagery posts but realistically maybe they should be null instead of ever-slight-town

I now feel a bit better about ceph than I did back then and think he's a fair town lean

andante was town both for play and I thought the pr claim was slightly +town, but mainly Early game play. first pages of the game andante was pretty strong town for me
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

lots of words this game is exciting but I am busy today but hopefully this will give me a boost
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1281, fireisredsir wrote: i do think that someone who is in the driver's seat of the game is likely to be scum here

id guess skitter > implosion >>> aisa

im not sure who else qualifies for that role if anyone

beyond that, idk, one of aureal/egix i guess? maybe im wildly misreading sheep?
Since when am i 'in the driver's seat'
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i feel like you're kind of a leading voice in this game, do you disagree?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1276, Cephrir wrote: i read most of those posts. someone else can just tell me if mena's huge wall was a good post i guess, i don't plan on reading it
It was
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1288, fireisredsir wrote: i feel like you're kind of a leading voice in this game, do you disagree?
I mean by virtue of the fact that 1/3 of the game has been replaced today, sure. Idk if i'm driving things tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

why do you think im scum skitter
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Scummy slot + i don't like your mena push like at all
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

what about the slot is scummy

and why do you think my mena push is more likely to come from me as scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

you've not given any reason for finding alianna suspicious except for saying that she should have been partnered with andante
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

could have been*
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1277, Dunnstral wrote: I was wondering who you took issue with and what the silly easy reason is. I see 1 person who commented on the double replacement thing (cephrir) and you took that and ran with it and are trying to paint the picture that the only reason they are being voted is because of that.

I am absolutely not doing that, I'm noting the increased pressure to flip the slot since the new replacement. You can't tell me that is not trying to say the slot is scum because of the replacement. It is absolutely doing so. And implosion agrees with that in . That's not saying that those people don't have other reasons- do I really need to list everyone's reasoning for their scumread in every post in order to take issue with one of them??

That said, I'm pondering the dynamics here some more since the Menalque argument. Menalque certainly comes off even townier now, and I'm getting wary of fire. Except, the nagging thought about how focused fire was on Menalque. If fire is scum, why is he focusing on arguing with Mena like he did rather than trying to more broadly push back and get people off him? Town fire would more likely want to sort Menalque than scum fire, right?

Pedit: is fire reading my posts before I post them, lol
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

That should be , not 1136, didn't double-check that post number, oops.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1246, implosion wrote:
Aureal wrote: I dislike the replacements therefore scummy idea that's getting pushed.
I don't *think* anyone was actually pushing that idea? I'm certainly not.

I don't think fire is
obvscum
here and I won't be surprised if he flips town but I am definitely on board with flipping him.

No? Maybe I've misinterpreted you agreeing with Cephrir, who definitely was trying to add fuel to the wagon because of the replacement. I guess you did say earlier that you don't like to ascribe meaning to replacements, which is more aligned with my thinking, so I'm confused why you started answering for Cephrir about the subject.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1256, fireisredsir wrote: damn ur right the readlist that i made an hour after making posts describing reactions to some posts i saw while catching up doesn't line up with the thoughts expressed in those posts. how did i mess that up. ugh. i really thought nobody would notice

i truly am a terrible scum player

I think this one's a fair point by fire, not the 'how could I be such bad scum thing' but I don't think a readlist necessarily needs to perfectly line up with random thoughts that were being expressed during a replacement's catch-up? IDK, I rarely do readlists unless I'm specifically trying to organize my thoughts, but the process of organizing the list forces me to think more about all of the slots and therefore could probably end up looking different than might be expected from what I've been focused on talking about.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”