Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1732, sheepsaysmeep wrote: im less sold by him than I'd hope I would be by his solving sequence

but when I think about how I'd expect him to re-evaluate the whole game today I think he did that for a bit; he went through a number of slots and talked about them reasonably, after your pushback

"only decided to talk about implosion" is just warped

He made a big detailed post about implosion. And threw out a few totally unmemorable ones on other people that contained basically nothing that had any substance.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Aisa »

Aureal HELLO I don't know what I want but I suppose I'm here vibing
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1713, Dunnstral wrote: implosion I see two likely teams right now. I see egix/fireisred/cephrir, and I see egix/aureal/sheep. I think both of these are plausible and I'm not sure I want to commit to one today. I think the four non-egix names above are not meaningfully interacting with or considering egix and so if we believe that two of those names are mafia, that makes egix much more likely to be mafia as well in my eyes/ Notably several of these players have gone after me, sometimes multiple times, for things such as "low activity" while never mentioning egix who I feel also fits under that criteria.
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion of these two teams specifically?

Like, what is your starting assumption? Is it {fireisredsir, cehprir, aureal, sheep} contains two mafia? Is it that Egix is scum?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1739, Aisa wrote: I guess it's not a lot, but Ceph is not a very high volume poster and you're rarely gonna see him screaming and yelling for a specific course of action. When I first saw the post I remember it made an impression because I was also panicking about who to eliminate.
That post is just the same sort of thing from the other quote, Ceph going "hey how about sheep or aureal instead" except accompanied by an unvote which makes it even more confusing because if you don't want your vote on fire anymore and are suggesting other candidates for it, why not actually vote one?

Also the 'cephirarge farm remembers' thing seems to still indicate suspicion of fire??

Yeah, I'm not sure what Ceph was trying to accomplish at that point based on those posts. :?

More in general why do you think Ceph not taking issue with fire's description of his actions is a problem? I wouldn't expect most players to go out of their way to correct townreads on them most of the time.
Yeah maybe not, but when it's coming from someone who's being widely scumread I'd kind of expect a little more scrutiny about why this person is saying that. It feels a bit partnery, like maybe fire was trying to slip a little comment in to burnish Ceph's image in a way that isn't likely to get scrutinized.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1745, Aisa wrote: Mmmm my brain is a dolphin doing all sorts of backflips rn.
What if it’s exactly Ceph + Dunn + fire? Someone please reassure me I’m not crazy and I’ve definitely got the game completely solved :3

No no, that's my thought. Your thought is that Ceph is town.

I didn't look deeply into your meta on him because I was at the dentist but I feel like Ceph was being pretty forceful and confident about Enchant and that early push on skitter?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1752, Aisa wrote: Aureal HELLO I don't know what I want but I suppose I'm here vibing
Hello!

I want to figure out if I can actually get different air filters for my heat pump or if the one it came with is actually good so long as I clean it sometimes.

This is annoyingly hard to figure out. :(
-furtiveglance
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Aisa »

I suppose I'm too deeply in the hole if you're scum rn and I'm gonna lap up whatever you say
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1756, Aureal wrote:
In post 1752, Aisa wrote: Aureal HELLO I don't know what I want but I suppose I'm here vibing
Hello!

I want to figure out if I can actually get different air filters for my heat pump or if the one it came with is actually good so long as I clean it sometimes.

This is annoyingly hard to figure out. :(
Ooh yeah I've tried googling old appliances a couple times in the past and google was not in a helpful mood

OK I'm no longer going to be vibing I'm going to be sleeping instead. Excited to see what tomorrow will bring though!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

I guess if we look at things from the perspective of "this wagon seems to have unnatural resistance" both fire and Dunn feel like they've been skating by with wagons that could very well form, yet they haven't quite managed to coalesce enough. Is anybody actually townreading Dunn? I feel like he's probably in everyone's PoE yet whenever people try to vote him it doesn't get far.
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1759, Aureal wrote: I guess if we look at things from the perspective of "this wagon seems to have unnatural resistance" both fire and Dunn feel like they've been skating by with wagons that could very well form, yet they haven't quite managed to coalesce enough. Is anybody actually townreading Dunn? I feel like he's probably in everyone's PoE yet whenever people try to vote him it doesn't get far.
tbh I think this thought is valid, but out of curiosity what do you think about Dunn's suggestion that this is happening with egix
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

whatever maybe I'll just vote fire here

I feel myself caving
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I very much feel dunn/fire right now but maybe that's just optimism speaking rather than good reason
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Aureal »

I don't recall there ever really being any attempt to wagon Egix's slot. It's not widely townread but not widely scumread either. I think the current one vote from Dunn is about the peak of any sort of push there.

This is probably partly because the slot has been fairly quiet, and of course it'd be nice to be hearing a little more from Egix. I do sorta feel like if it were a scumslot though, there might be more talk about it in order to create distancing?
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1763, Aureal wrote: This is probably partly because the slot has been fairly quiet, and of course it'd be nice to be hearing a little more from Egix. I do sorta feel like if it were a scumslot though, there might be more talk about it in order to create distancing?
hm this makes sense to me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1753, Aisa wrote:
In post 1713, Dunnstral wrote: implosion I see two likely teams right now. I see egix/fireisred/cephrir, and I see egix/aureal/sheep. I think both of these are plausible and I'm not sure I want to commit to one today. I think the four non-egix names above are not meaningfully interacting with or considering egix and so if we believe that two of those names are mafia, that makes egix much more likely to be mafia as well in my eyes/ Notably several of these players have gone after me, sometimes multiple times, for things such as "low activity" while never mentioning egix who I feel also fits under that criteria.
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion of these two teams specifically?

Like, what is your starting assumption? Is it {fireisredsir, cehprir, aureal, sheep} contains two mafia? Is it that Egix is scum?
I start with egix mafia. I believe fireisredsir and aureal are not aligned with each other but do believe there is mafia in that group. So 1 out of 2 there. And then the last mafia is in the group that is the rest of my poe, which is cephrir and sheep - this is where I am the least confident, as well, as it is based on having everybody else as town with no flips.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

That was my thinking as of [post]1630/post] and then I settled on Cephrir looking paired with fire and Sheep looking paired with Aureal after looking into interactions and what was going on in the thread in real time. I saw lines being drawn.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

hi sorry been a bit busy, will catch up in a few hours
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1747, Aisa wrote:
In post 1745, Aisa wrote: Someone please reassure me I’m not crazy and I’ve definitely got the game completely solved :3
Someone? Anyone. Cmon. How is this not an attractive proposition?

I think for a while I was at
{implosion, Cephrir, Aureal}
{Menalque, sheep, Egix, fireisredsir, Dunn}

but Egixslot is actually definitely a townslot at least until I change my mind again and it's a stronger read than Ceph. If I swap those I get
{implosion, Egix, Aureal}
{Cephrir, Menalque, sheep, fireisredsir, Dunn}

and I think this also gives me more scumteam options I find compelling to play with
I'll need to mull on Egix.

Why is Menalque in your PoE? I think that he can be scum here but I think it's pretty rare.

If you have convincing reasons on Aureal and Egix then I'm definitely interested in hearing them. Is Egix based primarily on CSF?

Unrelatedly, there's a part of sheep's posting right now that kind of just makes me want to lim him today. 1761/1762 just feel very... exactly-the-thing-scum-has-to-post-here to me. Like it's just the only place he can naturally go now that Aisa is off the table. It feels kinda trite.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Don’t rly get ur last part? I feel like there are a multitude of places to go today
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

If anything I’m self conscious abt how unnatural moving to fire is rather than intuitively natural lol

Like I’ve been defending him fairly assertively for more than a day phase and then suddenly I finally accepted Aisa was town and was like ok I feel it this makes sense let’s do it
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Maybe I’d rather move to Dunn if aureal wants to try it lol

I’m just lazy
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Aureal I feel like u have copious scumreads and minimal townreads? Like dunn, ceph, fire, me ish

Does this concern u
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1763, Aureal wrote: I don't recall there ever really being any attempt to wagon Egix's slot. It's not widely townread but not widely scumread either. I think the current one vote from Dunn is about the peak of any sort of push there.

This is probably partly because the slot has been fairly quiet, and of course it'd be nice to be hearing a little more from Egix. I do sorta feel like if it were a scumslot though, there might be more talk about it in order to create distancing?
Hi sry, just woke up.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”