Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1947, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1944, Thestatusquo wrote: I am easily findable as town.
Show me, because I'm not seeing it. You can interact with baltar as mafia just because, I don't think there is anything to explain. I read day 2, I didn't read the stuff about sheep or your interactions there. I was looking at interactions with the flipped mafia - I said that.
And you don't think its lazy to keep me in your PoE without seeing how I interacted around the wagon on the green flip in this game?

It's fucking lazy. Do your homework. Your PoE sucks ass and is lazy.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1949, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1942, Thestatusquo wrote: lazy in a way I don't associate with town dunn tbh.
I am plenty lazy as town.
Seems pretty self conscious to jump back to this rather than finish the conversation, And I AM showing you. I just listed two ways I think are pretty easy ways to find me as town in this game and your response is "you could interact with baltar as scum" without explaining why thats true and say "I haven't read the [most important piece of information about your alignment]" and you think its then reasonable to ask me for more?

No, do your homework dude.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What should my poe look like?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

kinda hard for me to say because I think your slot is scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

but I hope you enjoyed my rendition of wagon wheel anyway.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1951, Thestatusquo wrote: without explaining why thats true
I don't need to explain anything here

I think you are plenty capable of interacting with Baltar if you are both mafia. I'm not sure why you are acting like you can't. You are asking 'why' and I don't think there needs to be an explanation, really. Why wouldn't you?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1955, Dunnstral wrote:

I think you are plenty capable of interacting with Baltar if you are both mafia. I'm not sure why you are acting like you can't. You are asking 'why' and I don't think there needs to be an explanation, really. Why wouldn't you?
I am very confused here. My claim is not that I would not have interacted with baltar. My claim is that my interactions with baltar are not how I interact with partners generally. Again, you just finished playing a game as my partner. Are my interactions with baltar remotely similar to how I interacted with you? They really very aren't.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

What the fuck happened today while I was away.

Glancing back to the votecounts Garlic Bread voted tris slot and then is trying to move over to me?

That doesn't remotely make sense with what I thought their worldview was when I left for the meet.

Can someone catch me up on what the hell happened to get GB to tris slot from where we were?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Like I said, I'm not convinced it is you, but you saying "I'm not mafia because x" is not convincing me because I think you could be mafia and do x. The way you talked about interacting with sheep differently felt like the most convincing of your arguments, so I can take a look at that. Kind of feels like you've just been omgusing my slot today though - if I recall correctly you said it was alisae after they voted you with little explanation, and now I'm just "lazy" and self-conscious, and you don't seem to have any other reads yourself, so...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1956, Thestatusquo wrote:

I am very confused here. My claim is not that I would not have interacted with baltar. My claim is that my interactions with baltar are not how I interact with partners generally. Again, you just finished playing a game as my partner. Are my interactions with baltar remotely similar to how I interacted with you? They really very aren't.
From what I saw on day 2, you could be mafia with Baltar. If it is stuff from day 1, I have admittedly not read it. I read your posts as you saying you wouldn't be interacting with Baltar if you were both mafia and I disagreed with that
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also VOTE: Dunn

Again, dunn having me in the PoE makes no sense.

They just finished playing with me as scum. They just say how I interacted with them as a partner. And my other partners. They should be able to read my interactions with baltar as drastically different from my interactions with my partners in Amnesiac. They should be able to compare the way I fought the sheep wagon with how I fought the dragoneater wagon in amnesiac and be able to see that they don't look remotely similar.

They don't seem like they are even trying to do that because keeping me in their PoE is extremely convenient.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1959, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1956, Thestatusquo wrote:

From what I saw on day 2, you could be mafia with Baltar. If it is stuff from day 1, I have admittedly not read it. I read your posts as you saying you wouldn't be interacting with Baltar if you were both mafia and I disagreed with that
Please explain the similarities between how I interact with baltar in this game with how I interacted with you in team mafia.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1958, Dunnstral wrote: Like I said, I'm not convinced it is you, but you saying "I'm not mafia because x" is not convincing me because I think you could be mafia and do x. The way you talked about interacting with sheep differently felt like the most convincing of your arguments, so I can take a look at that. Kind of feels like you've just been omgusing my slot today though - if I recall correctly you said it was alisae after they voted you with little explanation, and now I'm just "lazy" and self-conscious, and you don't seem to have any other reads yourself, so...
Seriously, fucking read day one before you make claims about where my suspicion of people started.

I was extremely clear about how I thought your slots positioning during the sheep wagon was awful.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Saying I have no reads this game is fucking laughable. Perhaps you should try reading this game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 420, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 393, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 387, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 385, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 382, Thestatusquo wrote: I think her thoughts seem incomplete in a lot of places.

I.e. it feels like she's starting with a conclusion and then writing the post to match and not the other way around. I pointed out an example of this where it felt like she had decided she wanted to shade a post of mine and came up with a plausible reason why you could say it was scummy, but didn't have the complimentary thought process of WHY scum fake doing the thing she was suggesting she would fake as scum and didn't seem to have any thought as to whether the comment itself was faked or not.
reading back on this exchange, I'm curious why you didn't follow up more. Seems like hellbrooks was distracted by a shiney thread emoji and never responded to your issue.
Is that your only thought on it? I don't follow up on tons of stuff.
I mean, it wasn't some amazing point. I don't think hellbrooks is scummy for posting a half thought lol
That's...not what I fucking said? That was an example of the overall approach.

This feels like kind of a deliberate misrep of what I said.
In post 941, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 939, Dunnstral wrote: TSQ you keep accusing people of ignoring you and I think you're just not being clear since it seems to happen so often. I can't off the top of my head tell you what the 3 examples you gave were or what this latest argument was based off of.
Ok THIS isn't a real post.

Literally read dude
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In team mafia you started off calling me scummy and then mellowed out to a townread and defending me. It sort of looks like you are doing the same thing with VP Baltar here, starting out suspecting and voting them and then turning that into a townread over time. Day 2 stuff doesn't count because they were effectively guiltied.

That and the way you are responding to us above has the same energy in my mind.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

hmmm. that somewhat feels like a real thought to me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont think the example is really anything because like I respond to town and scum like that as either alignment. I'm just get pretty frustrated when I feel like people are not really reading what I'm saying and I do in fact try to replicate that as scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think i was much more conscious of having reasons for why i was town reading you than i was about the baltar slot in this game. I think baltar was a slot that i never really had a solid read on in this game before he got guiltied.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 293, Thestatusquo wrote: LLD's whole point is based on a false premise which makes me wonder if she's in fact reading this game at all. This is why I am incredibly dubious of "my tm says this my tm says that"
In post 840, Thestatusquo wrote: I have talked about dragon millions of times already. Perhaps try reading my posts?
In post 941, Thestatusquo wrote: Literally read dude
In post 1074, Thestatusquo wrote: If you want to find scum you'll read what I'm saying. If you don't you'll keep complaining about it.
In post 1075, Thestatusquo wrote: If theres one thing that annoys me in games of mafia its people who are like oh I disagree about a thing but by the way I haven't actually really read the thing.

It's a scum tactic and if you're town its just incredibly annoying. Do your homework.
In post 2875, Thestatusquo wrote: read my posts on the subject today. I am seeing way too many roles that are confirmable in some way for me to think there isnt a strong counter to town claiming like this.
I'm seeing lots of "just read" and "read my posts" and some "do your homework" in your scum game in team mafia. I am seeing the same type of posts on the past few pages towards me, though maybe that is just a personality thing. On the other hand it could be a scum tactic you like to employ whether you are aware of it or not.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1968, Thestatusquo wrote: I think i was much more conscious of having reasons for why i was town reading you than i was about the baltar slot in this game. I think baltar was a slot that i never really had a solid read on in this game before he got guiltied.
I disagree with this, it felt like you had solid reads on vp baltar in these posts:
In post 441, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 424, VP Baltar wrote: Is this when we fight now Shea? I don't think I'm misrepping you. If you'd like to explain your point in whatever subtlety you think I'm missing, be my guest.
I literally did not say hellbooks was scummy for saying a half thought. I gave one example of a thought process.

This feels like scum baltar

VOTE: VPB
In post 548, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 541, sheepsaysmeep wrote: vp baltar is so villagery
Why? It seems to me like he's trying to not take any stances.
In post 709, Thestatusquo wrote: I feel better about baltar than I did earlier today.

I'd like more thoughts on why ali from him.
In post 872, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 861, Garlic Bread wrote: it is also very uncharacteristic for town baltar to assume pushes on him = scum, he has actually said this as town in a game before that he doesn't do that and does analyze people(and he did in the game I'm referencing)

so uh, keep lying baltar it makes the case easier to make.
this is half the work. In my experience its also out of character for scum baltar to do that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My progression on you was always based on experience in business company because i was trying to fake a progression based on you playing more to your town meta that i experienced before.

I also think you're underselling my town read of you in that game. I did not weakly town read you I built a meta reason to hard town read you. My interactions with baltar this game are much more ad hoc and reflect a slot i was in fact unsure of.

But that's not really that interesting to me because i think i believe that you believe what you just typed.

It's pretty frustrating to me that your slot in particular got replaced because all of the things I want to question you on are things Ali did day one in regards to positioning on the sheep wagon and how she played the up the gb pressure on that slot and those are questions you can't really answer.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE:

I don't think your posts are impossible to fake but they are worth consideration so I will unvote and give consideration to voting between Enchant/Hellbooks.

If you have issues with something Alisae did day 1 you should still point it out so we can see your thought process there.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

it is 4 am here now, if you're town you'll read day 1 and find me.

If I go today the last scum is almost certainly in dunn xof hb with an extremely small chance of GB because their positioning today from what I can glean from the last few pages seems kind of alarming to me.

I am helping clean the airbnb tomorrow and then driving back to chicago so its unclear to me how much time I'll have to check in in depth again so these are my dying thoughts if I'm the lim.

good luck y'all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1972, Dunnstral wrote: UNVOTE:

I don't think your posts are impossible to fake but they are worth consideration so I will unvote and give consideration to voting between Enchant/Hellbooks.

If you have issues with something Alisae did day 1 you should still point it out so we can see your thought process there.
If you are town I implore you to read the interplay between me alisae and garlic bread wrt the sheep wagon from day 1. I think it will answer a lot of your questions and will give you a good idea of what questions I would have for you.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”