Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.5

The
Let’s Think About...
booklet was published by Scarfolk Council Schools & Child Welfare Services department in 1971. It was designed for use in the classroom and encouraged children between the ages of five and nine to focus on a series of highly traumatic images and events.

Parents and teachers assumed that the booklet was based on psychological research but it had no scientific basis whatsoever. The booklet’s medically untrained author was one of the dinner ladies from the council canteen before she was fired for attempting to slip strychnine into bowls of blancmange.

Despite the scandal, the booklet remained on the school curriculum for many years and the author was invited by the council to pen an updated edition from her prison cell in 1979.

fireisredsir (3):
Menalque, implosion, Aureal
Aureal (2):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep
Egix96 (1):
Dunnstral
Dunnstral (1):
Egix96

Not voting (2):
fireisredsir, Aisa

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-24 17:55:00)

Notes:
  • Still seeking a replacement for Egix96.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1943, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1936, Aureal wrote:
In post 1930, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1926, Aureal wrote:
In post 1916, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1913, Aureal wrote: So you are trying to say that being on a bad elimination without reasons of your own is towny?
lol???

lmao???

That's not an answer so I'm going to assume you're just word salading some nonsense and can't answer because you don't actually have a worldview that makes any sense.
if any single other person in the game thinks my worldview doesn't make sense or that you're making any sort of reasonable or coherent point here then i will answer, otherwise i don't think that deserves a response lol

"sheep is super pure"
"sheep was on both miseliminations"
"so what it was what town wanted"
"so you think miseliminating people just because town allegedly wants them flipped is super pure"
"lmao lol"

Yeah that's a nutty worldview that you don't want to own up to.
all of those except for "lmao lol" are misquoted and significantly change the meaning of what was said

Wow you're really gonna try to weasel out by acting like anything in quotation marks is supposed to be a direct quote? It's obviously paraphrasing the conversation and if that's not what you got out of it maybe if you wanted communication you should reflect on why there's such a discrepancy between us.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i reflected and determined it is because you are willfully twisting my words and choosing to take things to unreasonable conclusions in order to nitpick some point that is barely relevant to anything

that is why i stopped engaging
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1945, sheepsaysmeep wrote: arguably aureal shading me for being on skitter could be tmi that fire is wolf lol

a thought for another day

otherwise the line here just makes even less sense

Literally haven't even mentioned skitter other than indirectly reminding someone about your vote when he was acting like he might have forgotten. For you to call that shade is baffling and concerning. I'm of the opposite opinion of fire, I think your recent posting has been pretty good.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

btw im not currently voting bc i kinda think ideal play here is probably to lim who the consensus townreads think we should lim

id rather have implo/mena/aisa decide bc even if somehow that isn't all town, at the very least it should be less scum-dense than the group outside of it

and i think if we flip a town who isn't me, especially being pushed for by me or members of that outside group, that's like worst possible scenario and we probably insta lose

if we flip me, especially if there's 2 scum, maybe we don't? bc then whoever doesn't die of the townreads at least gets a chance to reset and reassess

doing that approach rather than straight up voting maybe makes it harder to see what scum are trying to do after it's been proposed so it does maybe make it harder to solve the team, so idk maybe there's issues with that
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1938, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think it makes sense as a definition of pure lol

And you know what, if he had taken that position and tried to support it, I'd give him some credit for holding to a position even though it seems ridiculous on its face. Instead he went into deflect and deny mode.
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im not interested in credit lol

i think it was clear what i was saying to any reasonable person reading in good faith

if someone else tells me that it wasn't then im wrong and i can explain it to them
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1903, Dunnstral wrote: Going to go out on a limb here and say that while I really like the mech arguments and analysis that implosion has put forward today, I'm not liking how stubborn they are with "lim fire" and repeating that over and over without seeming to put in effort to look and see whether fire is mafia.

Not a fan of what Mena has been doing (or not doing) today either in regards to fire and also mech stuff but I am pretty sure they are town for their wall posting towards fire way back when.

I don't want to eliminate fire anymore but it feels really difficult if neither implosion or mena are willing to consider other options
Honestly, I think this looks not-partnered toward fire. Maybe semi-strongly. I feel like a somewhat-suspected slot in Dunn, seeing a scumbuddy go down in this situation, would be pretty highly unlikely to make this sort of frustrated appeal.

I do think I'm willing to consider sheep actually. Maybe I even prefer sheep? Though no one's voting sheep atm. Part of the reason I'm stuck on fire is because I value skitter's reads, but she did say she was more suspicious of sheep than fire at the end. Another part of the reason is that I essentially can't see anything he's posted as anything other than null, just because of the afforementioned playstyle thing.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:20 am

Post by implosion »

The Aureal/fire conversation is sort of meaningless to me. fire isn't the kind of player who's going to actually make the sort of logical inconsistency that Aureal is pointing out IMO (either as scum or as town), but also I really don't think Aureal is
willfully
misinterpreting fire.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:21 am

Post by implosion »

Aureal, what do you like about sheep's recent posting?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:39 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

implosion can you talk about your wolfread more overall, besides my weird flip-flop today. is it largely poe?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I have been kinda frustrated w the wolfreads on me as very mainly "welp he could be wolf" with nothing to respond to but idk that's felt like a concern for another day
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1958, implosion wrote: The Aureal/fire conversation is sort of meaningless to me. fire isn't the kind of player who's going to actually make the sort of logical inconsistency that Aureal is pointing out IMO (either as scum or as town), but also I really don't think Aureal is
willfully
misinterpreting fire.
I can't tell whether you think fire's argument makes sense or not from this. I don't think 'logical inconsistency' is quite an accurate term here. It's not about the logic, it's about the applicability. His apparent position of "person who voted out two town is super pure, person who voted out zero town has got to be scum" is actually logically consistent. It just is not at all likely to be correct and anyone who plays Mafia is going to know that. You could sort the playerlist alphabetically and say the scum are on top and it wouldn't be logically inconsistent, just silly in much the same way this is.
In post 1959, implosion wrote: Aureal, what do you like about sheep's recent posting?
I'll try to get some more examples when I get home but I feel like I did comment on it once a while ago.
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1962, Aureal wrote: His apparent position of "person who voted out two town is super pure, person who voted out zero town has got to be scum" is actually logically consistent. 
i feel like this is so incredibly clearly not representative of my position

implosion how is this not willful
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:06 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Yes I agree with fire here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Aureal »

"super pure game" is literally the exact words used in , it's not in any way a misrepresentation. That's literally what fire said. You just don't like it being pointed out that that's not true in any meaningful way that someone who wants to solve the game would use.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Aureal »

Because, you know, the wagon composition and reasons people had for being on them would PROBABLY BE OF SOME SLIGHT CONCERN TO THEM
-furtiveglance
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

Ydrasse replaces Egix96.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

oh shit waddup
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1965, Aureal wrote: "super pure game" is literally the exact words used in , it's not in any way a misrepresentation. That's literally what fire said. You just don't like it being pointed out that that's not true in any meaningful way that someone who wants to solve the game would use.
you are taking those words and applying them to a context that they were not used in, in order to misrepresent my position
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

o/

tldr me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1921, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1918, sheepsaysmeep wrote: aureal is wolfy but I still think dunn is very wolf and am basically tunneled on dunn/fire until a flip

fire's post about meta was not convincing. I looked through dunn wolfgames, and my conclusion was basically "he has an insanely wide wolfrange so I dont think I will be able to give him meta points in this game," rather than "that game felt different than this game so he's villa". fire if ur v and want to convince me I'd probably want u to talk about why his past villa games and wolf games are noticeably different and then this looks like the first set, rather than mainly based on 1 game. The one line I can see here is that dunn seemed more interested in the wolf games I opened, and extreme refusal to put effort into this game could actually be town for some people with meta like that + explain some of the things I find wolfy lol. but I dont love that read because it still feels like theres some level of investment there that he pretends isnt there, as opposed to another half of the playerlist noping out and being like "I hate this game"
as scum he forces himself to talk about things that he doesn't really care about and as town he just talks about things that he cares about. i think it's noticeable when he's pushing himself to make a post

in both cases sometimes depending on the game he cares about more things or less things and activity can reflect that. and sometimes there's things he cares about as both alignments, like how activity isn't AI for him despite many people claiming it is

he's usually a bit cleaner as scum, making sure to justify progressions and show his work when developing a read on someone, while as town he doesn't really feel as much pressure to do that. i think his attitude also tends to come through a lot more as town, as scum there's definitely a bit of a wall up, and any arguments feel a little disengaged and precise

he's not an easy read bc i think he always has a bit of that wall up as either alignment, and isn't super forthcoming with his thoughts. but i think once you get a feel for the style of how he approaches things, you can see it. on a surface level the posting can look fairly similar but you have to look deeper for the intent behind the posts
This seems like a really insightful post. It seems clear to me that fireisredsir is actually doing work here to figure things out instead of pretending to do so.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1970, Ydrasse wrote: o/

tldr me
Your former slot was asked to give reads on the game, and they dodged it by saying they'd do it tomorrow instead of listing things out when asked, and now they've replaced out without posting anything.

So I guess that was something really stressing them out for some reason.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Tl;dr for the whole game is that we miselimmed twice and we have no info and are trying not to miselim again today. The 1-shot cop claimed for no reason on day 1 and then didn't activate their ability night 1. And now they're dead with no check. Nobody else has claimed a power role so far, fire has claimed vt.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Ydrasse »

jesus christ