Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2259, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 2255, Aureal wrote:
In post 2244, fireisredsir wrote: how is that your response to that question

like what is your answer to the question that was asked
I have little patience for meaningless questions right now! If anything that was an attempt by sheep to suggest that if you did succeed in your miselim on me here, people should go after Ceph next, not you two. And that's pretty crappy. I don't have time to evaluate the whole damn game but the way you and sheep have been working together against me makes me think there's got to be scum between you two, if not both. Ceph and his LOLOL LET'S JUST KILL TOWNIES IDC is a different beast entirely and not where I'd look first.
it was a genuine question sorry I find it difficult to parse

like,
it's fire then? didnt you express a townread on fire most recently

In what world is stepping back from a tunnel enough to consider it possible that fire is town the same thing as expressing a townread?? Stop misrepresenting me.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:01 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

my bad im genuinely trying to interpret ur reads correctly
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

maybe you could actually explain what your reads are instead of refusing to do that and then yelling at people when they can't figure out what they are
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2274, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2273, Aureal wrote:
In post 2254, fireisredsir wrote: also fwiw sheeping dead town can be good to an extent but dead town don't always agree with their past selves

Oh and now you're saying stuff about how it would be meaningless anyway for me to be doing the thing that you're up in arms about me not doing to your satisfaction. It's like you're just trying to upset me.
what

that post had nothing to do with you that was about people (mostly was talking to implo tbh) feeling tied to sheeping skitter's read on sheep

how does me saying "you don't always have to sheep dead town" have anything to do with me asking you to tell me who you think is scum

can you chill with the ate about everything

"all you should be concerned about is figuring out who scum is"
"BTW guys let's not get carried away with this notion of sheeping dead town"

Oh no, no connection there.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

like if you've given up and just want to antispew at least stop being mean lol

or alternatively

give your reads
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2279, fireisredsir wrote: maybe you could actually explain what your reads are instead of refusing to do that and then yelling at people when they can't figure out what they are
Okay you are just freaking gaslighting me now. It's probably you and sheep together then. I guess the question then is whether you're doing it because it's only you two and you need to play this aggressively for a chance at survival or you have a deepwolf third.
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ive been through 4 games where town aureal got elimmed so far and none of them are remotely like this, she continues trying to solve to the end
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:14 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk like

aureal I'll try one more time to express why I wolfread you (still not based on your effort which I very much respect)

your exchanges with me feeel from my pov like you townread me (I know you dont actually). I dunno, like through all the responses and everything, vibes-wise I just feel assumed town. but a bad push on oneself (u do think the push is bad) is one of the best opportunities to find wolf. and the way you talk about my push on you, I think you'd strongly wolfread the push; you think it's in bad faith, dumb, very misrepresentative, etc. so when you weren't expressing anything like that, it feels like you don't have a villager's genuine underlying curiosity about people's alignments, which is hard for wolves to fake

it's like, when your go into self-defense mode, your feelings about different people's alignments stop existing or being relevant. they were indiscernible for like many pages before this morning. but it's just kinda weird and unnatural to me because for me theyre always at play (my opinions have constantly evolved like on a page-by-page basis and then I immediately say so) but it seems normal for wolf for them to not be present sometimes(because the feelings aren't real). idk im sorry if ur town and this wasnt good logic but I think it makes lots of sense
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Aisa »

This is a game. If you find yourself getting upset I recommend taking a break, and having fun is more important than getting it right

(I'm speaking in very generic terms and making no judgment of who's right / wrong because I'm somewhat hazy on the content of the last two pages so I'm not sure what's led to this)
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:16 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I do not think this is worth much further conversing it feels very circles
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:17 am

Post by implosion »

i'm also genuinely just very baffled at whatever the heck is going on right now
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Aisa »

Also I'm gonna be watching a film with my housemates so I'll be back in 2-3 hours lole

Also yeah FWIW I feel like there is enough content here, personally feel like I need a little time to digest everything rather than more discussion
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:18 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2287, implosion wrote: i'm also genuinely just very baffled at whatever the heck is going on right now
what's going on is I finally exited my wolfrange :skull:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea im heading out for a while i agree this isn't useful anymore
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:19 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2281, fireisredsir wrote: like if you've given up and just want to antispew at least stop being mean lol
In post 2283, fireisredsir wrote: ive been through 4 games where town aureal got elimmed so far and none of them are remotely like this, she continues trying to solve to the end
I'm confused by these posts. Aureal isn't being elimmed right now, most likely, based on the numbers? sheep's still at e-1, aisa unvoted, dunn said they're more likely to vote sheep over Aureal before...?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i do not know how to explain her behavior besides that she thinks she's getting limmed
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:23 am

Post by fireisredsir »

or at least thinks it's pretty likely which imo it is
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:33 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2225, fireisredsir wrote: i think these last couple pages are some of the better posting sheep has done in a while (as either alignment tbh, but i think it's generally towny and it a higher bar of scumposting than he's had if scum)

so i would encourage people not to just skip past them
I think this is maybe somewhat true but it's very focused on Aureal. Like it seems fairly straightforward for scum-sheep to go "i'm in a 1v1 with Aureal now, so I'm just going to focus analysis on Aureal and what an Aureal flip would mean".
In post 2237, Cephrir wrote: This is so clearly a scum meltdown I don't know how to help anyone who can't tell
damn. guess i'm just trash at this game bc it looks slightly +town to me for Aureal

Still reading up but
In post 2292, fireisredsir wrote: i do not know how to explain her behavior besides that she thinks she's getting limmed
very easy possibility: she is town who is pissed off at people not seeing that she's town and feeling like she's not being listened to/understood? I don't think it's automatically what's happening here but it's definitely an explanation?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

as of yesterday i was pretty on the fence between sheep and aureal and worrying about the possibility that everything is wrong and what if they're both town

and since then i went from that to:

first, "oh no sheep's reaction to hammer intent feels towny. what if we pressure aureal too"

then, "hm sheep looks even townier, and aureal's reaction feels really scummy"

to then, "i think sheep is more likely to be town and aureal very likely to be scum"

over the course of a few pages that multiple people i think are town hadn't/haven't read and digested yet

so idk i kinda thought i might not be the only one whose reads change as a result of those pages, if i see it a certain way i think it's possible that other town will see the same

i don't know how aureal views the situation but i think there's believable ways she might see things that would result in her posting this way as scum, and i don't think the approach/response to things feels like town at all regardless of how she sees things
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:34 am

Post by implosion »

Unvote

for the time being just because I don't want like, Dunn hammering this second
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:42 am

Post by implosion »

idk. I don't see how this is a super duper obvious scum meltdown from Aureal. She's not like, constantly re-evaluating because if she's town she feels like she has scum pushing her and she's just trying to fight back against that? I feel like that's pretty straightforward. She's directly appealing to Aisa to unvote over and over and basically yelling at the rest of her wagon. That seems consistent with town who feels they're being pushed by scum

I don't even understand why scum Aureal would be melting down at that stage. or why she'd be afraid of being limmed as scum. sheep's wagon consists of me (who has been pretty adamant on sheep), Menalque (who is literally afk), ydrasse (who has townread Aureal and scumread sheep) and herself. And so she literally only needs to be afraid of a hammer by Dunn and I have no idea why people (fire) seem to think she'd be afraid of a hammer specifically by Dunn in that moment as scum.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

it wasn't really ever clear to me that she thought she had scum pushing her until pretty recently

when asked to clarify about that she dodged the question
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:48 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2254, fireisredsir wrote: also fwiw sheeping dead town can be good to an extent but dead town don't always agree with their past selves

if skitter were still in the game she may have a different opinion based on new information

i don't really think the level of content with which to sort sheep off was sufficient as of day 2
I also just think this is frankly a terrible take.

why should sheep's day 3 content be more especially readable than sheep's day 1 or day 2 content? Just because you personally think sheep is town and hasn't adequately shown it until now? Sure, sheep hasn't really been under pressure until now so we get to see that the first time. That much is fair but I think it's eminently silly to say that sheep definitely couldn't have been read based on d1/2 material.

Sure, dead townies shouldn't be blindly listened to but I am definitely not doing that and I don't think anyone else is. Should they be completely ignored? I don't think the content in page 80 of a game is intrinsically more alignment-revealing than that on page 8. It situationally can be, and probably situationally often is, but the tells people saw on early days still have meaning even if recency bias makes us forget about those tells.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”