Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:50 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2298, fireisredsir wrote: it wasn't really ever clear to me that she thought she had scum pushing her until pretty recently

when asked to clarify about that she dodged the question
she was asked to clarify about it in a way that I can see her thinking was weirdly leading (with sheep saying "ceph?"). I don't personally think it was leading but I can see how she might have thought of it as being so

much more importantly though I don't see what scum-Aureal's special motivation over town-Aureal would be to dodge a question that she can give a pretty fucking straightforward answer to of "you/fire" and it would be consistent with her play
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i didn't say that he couldn't have been read

but skitter's scumread was mostly bc he started out towny and then fell off and started coasting

i don't think thats applicable at all anymore
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1376, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1325, implosion wrote:
I am starting to buy that sheep could be scum. Feels like he's been left behind in the gamestate.
I'm also open to hearing what Aisa has to say about Aureal.

I think the townreads I feel best about in this exact moment are Aisa, Menalque, then Dunnstral, followed by Ceph and Aureal and then probably still sheep. Leaving fire/skitter/egix (which is very much Not The Scumteam lol) and the vacant Andantemeg slot which I guess I still think is town but golly it'd be nice to have someone piloting the slot.
yes this is what i was saying like four days ago ... i feel like he should have gotten back into it by now if he's town tbh
i wouldn't mind voting him
like it was this + her thinking his vote on her was slimy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:54 am

Post by implosion »

it's genuinely cruel of Umlaut to not be here at deadline by the way >_> i crave flips so badly
In post 2301, fireisredsir wrote: i didn't say that he couldn't have been read

but skitter's scumread was mostly bc he started out towny and then fell off and started coasting

i don't think thats applicable at all anymore
It is applicable. sheep did start out towny and then fell off and started coasting. Sure, sheep has done things since then but sheep still went into coasting on d2; the fact that sheep then started doing stuff d3 doesn't change that and it still has potential meaning

to the point, in what you just quoted, skitter says "i feel like he should have gotten back into it by now if he's town tbh". the fact that he got into it by d3 doesn't mitigate that point.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, what is happening is that I floated a comment about what to do if Dunn hammered me (without first checking whether that seemed likely, I last remembered him wanting to flip Egix then between fire and me so I thought it was more likely at first). Then sheep and fire latched onto that to badger me, demanding more in-depth reads and shading my play for not instantly giving them whatever they feel I should be doing and have now reached the point where they're acting like the wagons have somehow shifted towards me rather than sheep just because of their shade on me. I'm not freaking playing that game.

I'm probably pretty checked out for the rest of the phase, I've got work to do and lunch only somewhat dampened my frustration.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I read up on everything and I think that Aureal looks worse than Sheep over the past few pages. Though implosion has a point in .
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:58 am

Post by implosion »

honestly, at this exact moment in time, i want to go back to fire lmao.
i don't actually want to do that. i think. but.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:59 am

Post by implosion »

well no i definitely don't since menalque is gone but
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Aureal »

And since I noticed another attempt to meta me, I'll just add that I think I acted pretty freaking similarly towards Alisae hounding me in 2114 so don't trust that meta read.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

that was one of the ones i read and i don't think it's very similar bc there was an energy of "can't you all see how obvious of a scum push on me this is??" that i think was really lacking here in favor of self-defense and AtE but w/e
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

idk maybe im wrong ill stop pushing so much for now but ill still be around before deadline
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:14 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2294, implosion wrote:
In post 2225, fireisredsir wrote: i think these last couple pages are some of the better posting sheep has done in a while (as either alignment tbh, but i think it's generally towny and it a higher bar of scumposting than he's had if scum)

so i would encourage people not to just skip past them
I think this is maybe somewhat true but it's very focused on Aureal. Like it seems fairly straightforward for scum-sheep to go "i'm in a 1v1 with Aureal now, so I'm just going to focus analysis on Aureal and what an Aureal flip would mean".
idk, it's straightforward to town!me too because aureal has just been the likely next non-me flip here. whether we flip aureal today before me, or I flip v and then we kill aureal. so it was then intuitive for me to do a lot of "what does it mean if aureal flips v vs if aureal flips w"

I think, it's true that the "sheep is coasting" is not worth overriding for d3 stuff just for the reason that d3 is later. but I think the "sheep is coasting" is worth overriding for d3 stuff just because it's fairly low-quality reasoning lmfao. like implosion u clarified that you're thinking about the quality of my content not being as good as d1, which is fair, but if we're talking about skitter's take she was talking purely about amount of motivation.

a) I think it applies to everyone besides the subs that motivation decreased somewhat at a similar time
b) motivation is Better explained for me by having nothing to do with alignment than having to do with alignment. I was just minorly tired generally for a bit. dont know if this crosses a boundary but I was in the bulk of the game ydrasse linked which is 150-posting every couple days, etc
c) I think skitter explained it at one point as like, "shouldn't he be more motivated after we are now informed about how our day 1 was off the mark?" which just doesnt seem right, I think it made sense to be demoralized by enchant flipping v
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:14 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2306, implosion wrote: honestly, at this exact moment in time, i want to go back to fire lmao.
i don't actually want to do that. i think. but.
I would have supported this like 24 hours ago lmfao but I am very very very much not feeling it rn. very against
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:19 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2297, implosion wrote: idk. I don't see how this is a super duper obvious scum meltdown from Aureal. She's not like, constantly re-evaluating because if she's town she feels like she has scum pushing her and she's just trying to fight back against that? I feel like that's pretty straightforward. She's directly appealing to Aisa to unvote over and over and basically yelling at the rest of her wagon. That seems consistent with town who feels they're being pushed by scum
I dunno it simply does not feel to me like she is town who thinks she's being pushed by scum, because I literally just dont feel her thinking the latter part

it feels like someone who thinks there's a really shit bad-reasoning push on her but I dont feel anything further
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:23 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

personally will not be here at the literal deadline but am around for a bit lol
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:25 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk how useful it would be for me to give more thoughts, cuz I cant stop myself from feeling rn that everyone on the side of supporting aureal lim over sheep lim is just villa and I cant tell from an objective standpoint how warped that is
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:26 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2311, sheepsaysmeep wrote: idk, it's straightforward to town!me too because aureal has just been the likely next non-me flip here. whether we flip aureal today before me, or I flip v and then we kill aureal. so it was then intuitive for me to do a lot of "what does it mean if aureal flips v vs if aureal flips w"
yeah i wasn't trying to say this is a reason to scumread you, just that I don't see it as an especially solid reason to townread (I do see it as probably a bit +town, but not enough in the current balance in my mind)

2311 is like, fair. idk, it's a hard game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:26 am

Post by implosion »

sheep, what do you think the implications of an Aureal townflip would be?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2317, implosion wrote: sheep, what do you think the implications of an Aureal townflip would be?
I think I would always feel a need to resolve the cephrir this game--idk how likely I actually think that he is wolf but just from a concrete standpoint of in lylo, what things has each person done and how pro-town were they in hindsight

I would have said fire wolf a day ago but honestly fmpov his EoD just feels town so I would reflect on that overnight

probably dunn looks a bit bad from the way he's dancing around clearly choosing between all of us ?? me/aureal as well as fire
he has just given no meaningful stances about it despite indicating preferences
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:50 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2318, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I would have said fire wolf a day ago but honestly fmpov his EoD just feels town so I would reflect on that overnight
The reason I asked was, is this true if Aureal and you are both town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Aureal's vote switch to sheep back in and explanation and now their current posting is stuff that makes me feel like they are mafia.

I've convinced myself so I will vote.

VOTE: Aureal
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh gosh is sheep saying it's straightforward that the counterwagon gets flipped next? We didn't yeet Dunn yesterday, now did we? I tried! Didn't happen.
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:53 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2319, implosion wrote:
In post 2318, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I would have said fire wolf a day ago but honestly fmpov his EoD just feels town so I would reflect on that overnight
The reason I asked was, is this true if Aureal and you are both town?
I dunno like, there's no reason for fire to do it if he's wolf and we're just v/v? it's still slightly +town for thinking the exact same things as me. idk. we've literally been mindmelding throughout the whole game. if he's wolf it's possible but it's so fuckin weird
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:53 am

Post by implosion »

well then Aisa gets to come back from her movie and get the miserable realization that she holds the hammer lol
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Aureal »

And that was an incredibly wooden vote by Dunn.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”