RealTime Mafia (Game Over due to too many modkills.)

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

these two quotes just rub me wrong way. saying we should hold off lynch for sole purpose of discussion and unvoting to prevent premature lynch just doesn't seem right. i agree discussion is good, town needs it to win, but last time i saw people hold off of L-1 for sake of discussion...no lynch resulted. lynching townie, although not good in it's own right, is better then no lynch.
False dichotomy. You drew a link between what happened in a previous game and this game as though it will happen again. There is no good reason not to use more of our 6,000 words on discussion before lynching, especially as the case against animorpherv isn't watertight atm. animorpherv please post in the thread, with content or a case against someone or something so it can be decided if you're worthy of a lynch or not. No crappy "lost role pm" comments.

82, 3666/12000
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Kiro »

I'm here. Haven't contributed because I'm waiting for a better Animorph response. Saying he lost his role PM is dumb. Did he not memorize what his role was? You don't "need" the role PM to play after discussion starts.

A lot of everything else is mostly nitpicking about too much versus too little words. I'm not really seeing a Jebus and veerus distancing as Alvinz first claimed. Seems pointless because why bother to do it in Day 1 with such a large game. No one else is under any threat of lynch yet so I figured smarter scum play would just be to ignore it.

And I was suspicious of Narsis withholding his thoughts on scum, then he posted it not too long ago. Don't agree with his last 2 cases. Saying that he's suspicious of people backing out of a wagon at L-1 because it might lead to No Lynch is an unrealistic concern with this game's Day 1. We have reasonable control of Day length with mod support. And Afternoon sucks, but it's not a No Lynch.

182, 3848/12000
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Percy »

Plum wrote:Veerus scummiest by association here.
Agreement - animorpherv1's scumminess would forge stronger case. But compelling argument remains if ani town - he wanted to help animoprherv's wagon without actively voting. Either way, he's scummy.

FL: Referring to:
forbiddanlight wrote:Should I ignore RR? But...wisely, no more speculating

...then three more posts on issue.
Percy wrote:Meji_fan, what arguments persuaded you? More details!
Meji Fan wrote:157 and 158
You're
only
reason is word use?!
Vi wrote:Don't understand veerus "distancing".
Argument requires ani, Jebus and veerus to all be scum. Jebus attempts to bail out ani, veerus distances from both and shifts focus to Jebus. Occam's razor, though.
Narsis wrote:lynching townie, although not good in it's own right, is better then no lynch.
No.

71, 3919/12000
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Percy's recent posting gives me odd feeling.

Skitzer's totally lurking, also
Skitzer wrote:ortolan's case against me sounds like OMGUS. I am nowhere near suspicous enough to be lynched.
Vote ortolan
Really scummy. Top suspect along with FL.
Ani's a good lynch too, though possible incompetent newb. Needs to post more.

31, 3950/12000
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Narsis »

ortolan wrote:
these two quotes just rub me wrong way. saying we should hold off lynch for sole purpose of discussion and unvoting to prevent premature lynch just doesn't seem right. i agree discussion is good, town needs it to win, but last time i saw people hold off of L-1 for sake of discussion...no lynch resulted. lynching townie, although not good in it's own right, is better then no lynch.
False dichotomy. You drew a link between what happened in a previous game and this game as though it will happen again. There is no good reason not to use more of our 6,000 words on discussion before lynching, especially as the case against animorpherv isn't watertight atm. animorpherv please post in the thread, with content or a case against someone or something so it can be decided if you're worthy of a lynch or not. No crappy "lost role pm" comments.
this is my first game on these forums. i have yet to get to know how people play. thus i must base how people react on previous experience.
Percy wrote:
Narsis wrote:lynching townie, although not good in it's own right, is better then no lynch.
No.
actually, yes. first, if the player is lurking and/or refusing to defend himself then it would be better to lynch him now. lurker at LYLO = bad. secondly, we learn 100% that he is townie. this allows us to more accurately read people based on how they reacted to the wagon against him, and after, how they react to his lynch.

on the flip-side, a no lynch, particularily on day 1, gives the town little to no information and the scum a free kill. yes, pro-town power roles can do stuff, but compared to good old fashioned scumhunting, they are worth little.

139, 4089/12000
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Narsis wrote:this is my first game on these forums. i have yet to get to know how people play. thus i must base how people react on previous experience.
Your experience is limited, the dichotomy you drew is false. Accept that.

12, 4101/12000
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

...then three more posts on issue.
Other words, unmitigated bullshit. Stopped speculation, continued argument. Pay attention.

No.

actually, yes. first, if the player is lurking and/or refusing to defend himself then it would be better to lynch him now. lurker at LYLO = bad. secondly, we learn 100% that he is townie. this allows us to more accurately read people based on how they reacted to the wagon against him, and after, how they react to his lynch.
Percy's recent posting gives me odd feeling.
85, 4186/12000
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by ortolan »

I agree, and if he doesn't play ball now I will happily vote for him. Give him a chance to reply though.

22, 4198/12000
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

ortolan wrote:
I agree, and if he doesn't play ball now I will happily vote for him. Give him a chance to reply though.
I can't do anytrhing. I lsot my PM. I know I'mn town, but thats it. It's no use to ask Sens. He's never online, but

Natirasha, I lost my PM, is it possible to get another?

36, 4234/12000
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

unvote
Okay, thats silly enough I can believe it

8, 4242/12000
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Plum »

Narsis wrote:
Percy wrote:
No.

on the flip-side, a no lynch, particularily on day 1, gives the town little to no information and the scum a free kill. yes, pro-town power roles can do stuff, but compared to good old fashioned scumhunting, they are worth little.
Yeah. No-lynch is like giving the other team the ball after winning the coin toss in overtime. In almost all situations, a very bad idea. Townie lynch = risk worth taking for scumhunting, info, and the chance to lynch scum.

Other note, Narsis, I wasn't trying to lead to a no-lynch, am almost sure my unvote wouldn't have done so. Just prefered more discussion before the lynch then - want to take advantage of the discussion we can have; and some useful things
have
been noted. That said, don't want to run into Afternoon if alternative is Ani lynch, as I find him scummy enough to think him a good lynch today. Lost PM? Maybe, maybe not. Scummy, contradictory position on word-conservation, scummy vote on RR citing a pro-town post? Check.
Meji Fan wrote:
unvote
Okay, thats silly enough I can believe it
Elaborate???

Mod: Can you ask Sens to do a real wordcount?

35, 4277/12000

Or, you know, any one of you could have PM'd me instead of going to Nat...
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by ortolan »

animorpherv1 wrote:
ortolan wrote:
I can't do anytrhing. I lsot my PM. I know I'mn town, but thats it. It's no use to ask Sens. He's never online, but

Natirasha, I lost my PM, is it possible to get another?
I would think if you actually lost your role pm (and genuinely couldn't remember your role) the correct thing to do would be simply to pm the mod rather than tell the other players about it.

That and how have you been posting without knowing whether your posts are meant to benefit town or your mafia team?

57, 4334/12000
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Plum: It left me just blinking and staring at the screen, thats sufficient for me to consider other possibilities more strongly. But I did say 'can' not 'do'

28, 4362/12000
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I have sent a replacement role PM to animorpher. Word/Vote count tomorrow.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Natirasha »

MafiaSSK replaces UrielZyx immediately.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Questions for me and words remaining count please.

8, 4370/12000
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

fos mafiassk

0, 4370/12000
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

Hoping to post soon. Sorry for V/LA. :)

10, 4380/12000
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Narsis »

so ani, what's your role pm say? or rather...what's your role?

12, 4392/12000
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Surye »

Difficult to play without votecounts. :(

5, 4397/12000
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Jebus »

Surye wrote:Difficult to play without votecounts. :(
5, 4402/12000
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Caboose »

elvis_knits wrote:
fos mafiassk
Why :?:

1, 4403/12000
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Sens posted. So I'm returning everything to him.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by veerus »

Jebus wrote:
Surye wrote:Difficult to play without votecounts. :(
5, 4408/12000
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by SensFan »

I've had enough of this shit. You people want something, PM me. Got it? Nat is the beack-up if I dissappear, not if you feel like PMing him because I've been busy but have had no PMs about this game.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”