Micro 1084 | Quantum Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
qm camille
qm camille
Townie
qm camille
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by qm camille »

votecount 1.6
  • heipizhu4 [3]:
    Doctor Drew (), JasonWazza (), biancospino ()
    Doctor Drew [2]:
    Ircher (), imaginality ()
    imaginality [1]:
    heipizhu4 ()
    biancospino [1]:
    ceejayvinoya ()

no elimination [1]:
    Aliana ()

not voting [1]:
    Merlyn ()

it takes 5 votes to put someone in the box

deadline:
    (expired on 2023-06-30 17:07:12)
Spoiler: votelog
Doctor Drew votes Aliana ()
JasonWazza votes Doctor Drew ()
imaginality votes Ircher ()
Aliana votes Aliana ()
Ircher votes imaginality ()
Merlyn votes JasonWazza ()
ceejayvinoya votes Merlyn ()
JasonWazza votes Merlyn ()
JasonWazza votes Ircher ()
heipizhu4 unvotes ()
Aliana votes no elimination ()
biancospino votes Ircher ()
Doctor Drew votes heipizhu4 ()
JasonWazza votes heipizhu4 ()
heipizhu4 votes heipizhu4()
heipizhu4 unvotes ()
heipizhu4 votes biancospino ()
heipizhu4 votes imaginality ()
biancospino votes heipizhu4 ()
Ircher votes Doctor Drew ()
Merlyn votes heipizhu4 ()
Merlyn unvotes ()
ceejayvinoya votes biancospino ()
imaginality votes Doctor Drew ()

joint moderator ISO
Last edited by qm camille on Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sometimes if you let people do things to you you're really doing it to them
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 164, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 123, Merlyn wrote:
In post 122, heipizhu4 wrote: My current reading list:
Merlyn, imagine, Alian(n)a: neutral
Not lots of posts, tbh. Merlyn has only made 3 posts (which gives little information), imagine has only 1 post in as an rvs post, Aliana has some interactions with me, but kind of reluctant to think about the setup, not sure why
Doctor: a bit scumlean. Before , his post are all greeting posts, rather genuine. Then he skipped the gm discussion part, and voted for me. Kind of sussy, but I'll keep an eye in drew.
Bianco: townlean. Honestly. He has made several experiments on the setup, and his reasoning is fine on voting me, really.
ceej: neutral. Several one liners, just like his previous games.
Ircher: Hi, thanks for the defend! A tl on you, but not enough for a town read currently (cause the lack of information on the day1 of day1 lol)
Jason: I like his , but his scumread on me, idk, is 'single reasoned'. Not something I like. Neutral for now.

An ISO on myself: This player has done lots of lists and exploration on the setup, however, his intention to vote himself out is suspicious. Scumlean on him

That's another reason why I'm fine with you guys voting me. I tried to be 100% genuine here, but looking at myself's iso, I have sus on myself as well. Let's see what will happen next after I post this.
This is honestly one of the most frustrating things I see people in mafia doing. The game opened 21 hours ago , don't be throwing shade for 'low post count'. I don't like this whole, I have sus on myself thing... Like what? VOTE: hep
Could you elaborate more on why you think his behavior here is suspicious enough for the vote?
It's one of those posts that look productive and long, but in actuality don't have a lot of content
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 172, Alianna wrote:
Maybe I'm biased
, but I did that when I was new (evidently still do) so I hesitate to call that type of thing scummy.
There's a difference between a quick remark like this and a long post where one just repeatedly bash oneself.

There's nothing wrong with admitting one's faults, hell I'll go on record that I'm a pretty bad player myself, but the thing is he did not just apologize in passing and go on, he wrote a whole wall replete of pleas of being excused. Laying out plainly to be bad at defending is a particularly bad look
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 174, Aliana wrote: This one concerns me the most. Saying you had 3 posts and that the posts gave little information is not shade, it's just a fact. He didn't even scumread you for it or imply that your low post count was scummy. The vote feels a little defensive.
It is shade bc it's completely out of context. It reads like I'm lurking. The missing context is that the game had opened literally less than one day ago, I slept 8 hours of that 21 hours and still posted 3 times. It wasn't possible to give any information bc the posts till that point are RVS and game mech theory.

Let me clear here in case I'm not: I'm not personally hurt or something. It always pings me when I see folks who post things that are worded in a misleading way. It's a good way to control the narrative as the game evolves.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 174, Aliana wrote: I'm really not seeing what some of you are seeing with heip, and some of the votes there are very questionable.
Feels kinda weird that you ignored my vote, is there a reason for that?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

There was a vibe I was getting so I voted them, felt like it was better than to just say they are hitting me in he vibes. I am not searching partners per se as well, but I found it interesting that Bianco had an issue with a couple votes in Heip.

And Merlyn's unvote of heip most certainly could come from scum, especially if they didn't realize they put them at E-1.

I know as town, even after realizing it was E-1, I would probably keep my vote there.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 180, Doctor Drew wrote: There was a vibe I was getting so I voted them, felt like it was better than to just say they are hitting me in he vibes. I am not searching partners per se as well, but I found it interesting that Bianco had an issue with a couple votes in Heip.

And Merlyn's unvote of heip most certainly could come from scum, especially if they didn't realize they put them at E-1.

I know as town, even after realizing it was E-1, I would probably keep my vote there.
So you're finding heip's answers to be scummy? I personally have them in the 'keep an eye on, but move on for now' box
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 178, Merlyn wrote:
Let me clear here in case I'm not: I'm not personally hurt or something. It always pings me when I see folks who post things that are worded in a misleading way. It's a good way to control the narrative as the game evolves.
That's a wierdly defensive stance, I don't think anybody was afraid you were hurt personally? That sounds a way out of proportion thing to mention
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 181, Merlyn wrote:
In post 180, Doctor Drew wrote: There was a vibe I was getting so I voted them, felt like it was better than to just say they are hitting me in he vibes. I am not searching partners per se as well, but I found it interesting that Bianco had an issue with a couple votes in Heip.

So you're finding heip's answers to be scummy? I personally have them in the 'keep an eye on, but move on for now' box
It was a vibe, like I said, there really wasn't a strong 'obv scum' vibe....but enough to drop a purposeful naked vote, and the let Jesus take the wheel.

Why did you vote them in the first place? And why did you say I don't want them to die right now(paraphrasing, too lazy too go back for your exact quote lol). I actually am leaning more that you were scum jumping on a mis-elim and the had an oh fuck moment when you realized it was an E-1 vote.

I want to here from Heip though, I asked a question of them I don't believe they answered.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 174, Aliana wrote: This one concerns me the most. Saying you had 3 posts and that the posts gave little information is not shade, it's just a fact. He didn't even scumread you for it or imply that your low post count was scummy. The vote feels a little defensive.
It is shade bc it's completely out of context. It reads like I'm lurking. The missing context is that the game had opened literally less than one day ago, I slept 8 hours of that 21 hours and still posted 3 times. It wasn't possible to give any information bc the posts till that point are RVS and game mech theory.

I think you're reading too much into it. They made reads on the entire playerlist, what were they going to say about you other than "neutral, no info"?
I really don't see how that post was painting you as lurking or trying to control the narrative about you, and it seems strange to me to imply that it is.

VOTE: Merlyn
I townread Aliana.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 179, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 174, Aliana wrote: I'm really not seeing what some of you are seeing with heip, and some of the votes there are very questionable.
Feels kinda weird that you ignored my vote, is there a reason for that?
Yeah, I was only quoting the questionable ones.
I can comment on it though, give me a minute.
I townread Aliana.

Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Aliana »

Update: is making more sense than it was before, please hold while I have an existential crisis over my reads.
I townread Aliana.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 184, Aliana wrote:

I think you're reading too much into it. They made reads on the entire playerlist, what were they going to say about you other than "neutral, no info"?
I really don't see how that post was painting you as lurking or trying to control the narrative about you, and it seems strange to me to imply that it is.

I might be reading too much into it, but I didn't imply anything, I flat out said that the post was doing those things and I pointed out why. We can not agree on it, but thinking it's strange that I brought it up is a bit much.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 183, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 181, Merlyn wrote:

It was a vibe, like I said, there really wasn't a strong 'obv scum' vibe....but enough to drop a purposeful naked vote, and the let Jesus take the wheel.

Why did you vote them in the first place? And why did you say I don't want them to die right now(paraphrasing, too lazy too go back for your exact quote lol). I actually am leaning more that you were scum jumping on a mis-elim and the had an oh fuck moment when you realized it was an E-1 vote.

I want to here from Heip though, I asked a question of them I don't believe they answered.
So, you're saying that as scum, I would be...what, frightened to have brought someone to E-1? I don't get that at all. I voted them bc I found something sus in what they said, and I like to vote, but I don't plan to lim on a pressure vote.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 182, biancospino wrote:
That's a wierdly defensive stance, I don't think anybody was afraid you were hurt personally? That sounds a way out of proportion thing to mention
I do think Alianna thought that.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 186, Aliana wrote: Update: is making more sense than it was before, please hold while I have an existential crisis over my reads.
Fwiw, Jason is a player that will be town to me until something jumps out at me. Even though he burned us as scum once, I want to believe that power can help town even more, plus I recently subbed into his town slot recently(as you know), so I feel I was able to see how the sausage is made.
In post 187, Merlyn wrote:
In post 184, Aliana wrote:

I might be reading too much into it, but I didn't imply anything, I flat out said that the post was doing those things and I pointed out why. We can not agree on it, but thinking it's strange that I brought it up is a bit much.
I don't like when Mommy and Mommy fight.

Except that one is bad VOTE: Merlyn

Pre Edit: I feel you wanted to make sure the wagon had traction, didn't realize it was a E-1 vote, and then got scared of the optics of it.
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Aliana »

I said "imply" because technically you didn't directly say it was trying to control the narrative about you, you said that it was misleading and that posting misleading stuff is a good way to control the narrative. That word choice isn't relevant to my point though.
I'm aware I'm reaching a little, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what my reads are this game and I don't have many leads. It's good enough for me at the moment.

P-edit re: : Why so? I don't recall thinking that.
I townread Aliana.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Nah son I never fear being on a wagon as scum
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 191, Aliana wrote:

I thought when you said I was defensive, I thought you meant that I was getting defensive saying I wasn't lurking. Like, you impugn my honor sir! What did you mean then?
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 193, Merlyn wrote:

I thought when you said I was defensive, I thought you meant that I was getting defensive saying I wasn't lurking. Like, you impugn my honor sir! What did you mean then?
I thought you looked like you were paranoid about getting scumread and jumping to defend yourself against anything that you think might be an accusation.
I townread Aliana.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 194, Aliana wrote:

I thought you looked like you were paranoid about getting scumread and jumping to defend yourself against anything that you think might be an accusation.
What, that early? I'm new but I'm not that new.
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Aliana »

Okay, existential crisis over (temporarily). I apologize for how disorganized this response is.
In post 106, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Heating up the discussion and try to push things away from rvs.
There are 2 real votes on you, you realize that yeah?
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Fishing some gms out of the mafia's mouth (if mafia know more machanics than we do)
So your just basically admitting to being scum, and having more information aren't you?

Because you no longer have the excuse of there being no Sample PM's, so there would be no reason to assume this.
At this point, it isn't clear that heip is assuming the mafia has more information about the mechanics, though they do admit that later. I'll get to that in a bit.
I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that maf have more info though. They could have access to extra info through their roles, the sample PM could be incomplete, or they could be informed of things in the PT. There's a few possibilities there.
I'll give you that it's odd to assume the mafia would share that info.
In post 107, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 106, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Heating up the discussion and try to push things away from rvs.
There are 2 real votes on you, you realize that yeah?
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Fishing some gms out of the mafia's mouth (if mafia know more machanics than we do)
So your just basically admitting to being scum, and having more information aren't you?

Because you no longer have the excuse of there being no Sample PM's, so there would be no reason to assume this.
Yeah, I realized, but I also realized the votes are not votes that try to get me eliminated. As I infered above, box != dead. I'm fine if you guys really put me in the box to test what the box actually means, and I'm ready for sacrifice.

Isn't it Common knowledge that scum have more information than the town? As we all know, the game is about 'uninformed majority' vs 'informed minority' and you just stopped us from getting more info. :igmeou:
I took a look at the link provided in this post. It does say "as the uninformed minority, you know more than anyone else in the game," so I can see how someone would misinterpret that if they didn't understand what "uninformed minority" meant in that context.
The fact that he even provided a link there pings me as towny. The reasoning, obviously, is wrong, but I can see how he got there and it looks genuine.

TL;DR: I get where you're coming from, but I think it's all within the realm of newbie mistakes.
I townread Aliana.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Heip, are you new to mafia?
Aliana
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Aliana
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Aliana »

In post 195, Merlyn wrote:
In post 194, Aliana wrote:

What, that early? I'm new but I'm not that new.
In post 197, Merlyn wrote: Heip, are you new to mafia?
Why do you have to be making good posts now?
I townread Aliana.

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum