Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

Vizzy, why do you think 737 is anything other than laughably stupid?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm on mobile so no quote surgery, but accusing me of repurposing Firebringer's case to point to Drew is just a blatant misrepresentation. If indeed you were ISOing me, you should have seen that I had already held that sentiment well before Firebringer made his post about Bingle, and my response to it was just an attempt to restate it more plainly.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

page 20

I think invis is towny. I think Bella called out invis as like "very considered" as potentially scummy but I identify town!invis as that, like very calculated and thinking hard. his posting makes me believe he is thinking hard so he is probably town

Bella maybe slightly wolfy but there's really not enough there

umlaut idk lol. gun-to-my-head he is town for his push on ausuka such as it's generally too unapologetic / unexplained for wolf

I find bulge mildly wolfy

firebringer like. I would honestly call his gimmick-but-pushing-bingle town. tho I could sorta see the gimmick as a "wolf trying to play in a way that gets peeked by the other pair" thing in this specific game as a tinfoil theory lmaoo but yeah unironically he is towny
ok I reached his Bingle case and I think he is just normal towny, I find the case fairly appealing

In post 440, Black wrote: I'm sensing some frustration in Bingle's time but I like the way he's pushing Ausuka while also defending his position. The frustration feels like it might come from having a big wagon formed on him already and I think that town is more likely to let this frustration show
Black I sort of want u to talk about this? from my skim-through ive been reading bingle's response wolfy as like, too apathetic/mechanical

I think ausuka's too-wolfy-to-be-wolf read on Black was pretty good and made perfect sense. justice for twtbw reads.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 751, Radical Rat wrote: I'm on mobile so no quote surgery, but accusing me of repurposing Firebringer's case to point to Drew is just a blatant misrepresentation. If indeed you were ISOing me, you should have seen that I had already held that sentiment well before Firebringer made his post about Bingle, and my response to it was just an attempt to restate it more plainly.
I know that you voted Drew in 258 and later said it was about signalling (well about making his case in signalling in bad faith), but I don't see where you made case against him?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 639, Ausuka wrote:
In post 628, Cook wrote:
In post 600, Ausuka wrote:
In post 558, Cook wrote:
In post 553, The Bulge wrote: hey cook what are your thoughts on the leading wagons
i like all three but i think we're gonna mislim somehow
is there a reason you think this?
(i have not read at all past my posts)

pattern in games i've been in of mislimming every time
Ok I mean fair
lmfao
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ah fuck bingle perspective on his wagon very towny on page 27
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

bingle is winning me over. I sorta buy his constantly questioning people as good faith and genuinely trying to sort them
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: drew
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I think theres a carefulness with scumreading people that I would guess would appear in wolves for this setup

and glancing at the list of players I could see like, drew or invisibility being examples of that so far. if im not underestimating how well wolves would be able to play past that
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 757, sheepsaysmeep wrote: VOTE: drew
Was it me calling you a piece of garbage?

Just want to make you feel at home lol.

Pre Edit: I kinda don't understand this post Sheep
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 750, Bingle wrote: Vizzy, why do you think 737 is anything other than laughably stupid?
do you want to elaborate on why you think it’s stupid? id love to tell you why your reasons for that are stupid

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

my first thought about this setup was like, intuitively maybe wolves would express scumreads less / differently from normal. because they dont wanna hit their partners. or they dont wanna realize someone might be their partner and be boxed into voting them

granted I skimmed the thread quickly and my brain is tired, but I thought "for whom can I not remember who they scumread" and it was u Dr drew. and then sort of invisibility, I remember he's just blindly sheeping or something.

beyond that I thought maybe ausuka but she's still like, tossing around skepticism/suspicion in a normal way I feel
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by osuka »

see bingle, the big difference between the two of us is that i regularly call things stupid but i can always articulate and make clear to everyone the reasons for which it is stupid. whereas you’ve been flinging shit everywhere the entire time whenever you’re faced with something you disagree with, but you’ve yet to make any overt display of complex, higher-order thought.

also, my memes aren’t from 2012 so i feel like i’m owed points for that

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

hm can u answer merlyn about why u thought I was towny

p-edit this is still to dr drew
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 736, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 733, The Bulge wrote:
In post 730, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think readlists like the one merlyn just posted are very +town
what quality of merlyn's readslist do you tr
it's like the types of explanations that are there. like I havent read this mafia game I have no clue how good the explanations are. but theyre very free-flowing and un-calculated and feel genuinely off the top of the head

tonally
In post 739, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 735, The Bulge wrote:
In post 733, The Bulge wrote:
In post 730, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think readlists like the one merlyn just posted are very +town
what quality of merlyn's readslist do you tr
sorry that wording is dumb

i mean why "readslists like the one merlyn just posted" and not simply "the readslist merlyn just posted"
I am basing this off of a lazy general understanding that I thought applied the moment I saw it. "big posts that feel like that, that cover every player with a couple lines just like that, have appeared in my forum mafia experience and have been town".

Rather than, "I spent critical thinking and time pondering on Merlyn's post here and came to this conclusion"

idk

what was the purpose of this question

what do you think about Merlyn's post
These posts seem genuine, especially the second one. Like you read it, especially with just getting your feet wet here, and said....seems legit.

And you weren't trying to ascribe some bigger meaning to your read, just a tonal thing as you side.

I totally get that.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ahhhhh
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 738, osuka wrote: it’s t-t-t-t-t-tunnel time!!!
VOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingleVOTE: bingle
George bailey is approving of this tunnel
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 727, Merlyn wrote: Okay, here's my readslist:

Spoiler: Wall O'Text Incoming

Osuka- town. I like the push on towl/Drew, and I’ve found that I tend to agree anytime they write ‘????????????’ about a post. I also don’t believe they were dumbtelling when they forgot the game setup.

Ausuka- town. Her argument and visible frustration with Bingle’s POV read genuine to me. Also some good questioning like in .

The Bulge- townlean. Bulge laid out their case on Bingle very clearly and I can see their process in it, I find this authentic. It is looking a little tunnely but I don’t scumread a tunnel.

Firebringer- townlean. I may not agree with the Bingle case, but I think it’s an authentic case that FB actually believes.

Bingle- slight townlean. I don’t agree with the Ausuka case but I appreciate the case they made. The main reason I lean town though is bc his wagon is not a good one.

Meuh- ….town??? the slot I’m least certain of. But when I read her ISO I feel like the thing that pinged me is one thing vs. a lot of posts I agree with.

Invisibility- I lean slight town here. Viz has put her money where her mouth is and voted when things ping her, then returned to the bingle vote. The thing that keeps me from placing her higher is that I don’t know why she’s sheeping firebringer, and when people have asked she’s only made jokes about it. I mean I giggled at the jokes, but I don’t like that there’s no reason.

Sheepsaysmeep- null, will have to see more to know

Black- null. She’s asking good questions, I like her boldness with her votes. I have heard she’s really good at looking towny while scum but I have no personal experience with that, and I don’t want to fall down the WIFOM hole. The biggest thing that gives me pause here is the weird read Bella gave about her.

Skygazer- null, leaning scum. My genuine like of Sky makes me want her to be town, but the iso is pretty much all jokes. The one thing they’ve done for game-solving was the Auskua white knight thing, but she hasn’t followed up with any thoughts on what came from that.

Umlaut- slight scumlean. This is such a flip for me, I’ve been reading Umlaut as town for most of the game, but in ISO I realized their Ausuka vote is still based on this post and they’ve never updated or revised it. I don’t like jumping on the cook wagon- the cook wagon is dookie.

Doctor Drew- Slight scumlean. I didn’t love towel’s posts but I see that Drew hasn’t really done anything to ping me. The signaling madness is very classic Drew to me, and he’s done it as town in every game I’ve been in with him. The thing that keeps me from moving him higher is the Whiskey Pocket, “I like Umlaut and I like Bingle” is not a good reason to sheep to me. I mean, I like you and that doesn’t mean I think I should automatically sheep you.

Radical Rat - leaning scum. I actually had this general vibe that they were town, but when I ISO’d I couldn’t figure out what led me to think that. They say their vote on Drew is because they’ve taken FB’s case against Bingle and repurposed it to Drew? I also find the early compromise lim talk and the cook vote to be dookie.

Bellaphant-scumlean. It’s a small ISO, but I think her saying that the Black ‘wagon’ was bad is so odd considering there was no wagon and I really didn’t like her answer to Ausuka’s question in . I have heard the exact opposite about Black than what she posted here, and I notice Black has asked about it too with no response as of yet.

So yeah VOTE: Bella
I like this list and I think this is a good list
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

you know how we were all talking about signaling like 20 pages ago and i kind of just drowned it out becuase i thought the idea of signaling in this game was kind of dumb.

I went back and read and i was like 'wait does drew think im scum and trying to signal to me he has my back'
then i was like 'wait why would scum drew signal to me'

So that was fun thinking about that for a minute.

Gonna stick with drew town.

GeoRGEbaiLEY
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Ausuka »

After reading this thread the word 'stupid' no longer feels like a real word
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 769, Ausuka wrote: After reading this thread the word 'stupid' no longer feels like a real word
theres a word for when u see a word so often it feels like it has no meaning.
But for the life of me i can't remember.

Time for google
Show

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Actually going back and looking, I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought I was with the quote.

I was specifically referring to Firebringer saying he felt like Bingle was using mostly genuine thoughts to make a plausible case on Ausuka without actually believing she'd flip scum when I said I felt the same way about Drew, referring to his push against Invisibility.

I wasn't trying to take the entirety of Firebringer's case and just swap out the names, and I didn't remember I'd apparently quoted the entire post.

Sheep's still scum though.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Semantic satiation

Semantic satiation is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds.

I wonder if this is the same thing when you see a word so often you question if you are even spelling it right.
Show

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 761, sheepsaysmeep wrote: my first thought about this setup was like, intuitively maybe wolves would express scumreads less / differently from normal. because they dont wanna hit their partners. or they dont wanna realize someone might be their partner and be boxed into voting them

granted I skimmed the thread quickly and my brain is tired, but I thought "for whom can I not remember who they scumread" and it was u Dr drew. and then sort of invisibility, I remember he's just blindly sheeping or something.

beyond that I thought maybe ausuka but she's still like, tossing around skepticism/suspicion in a normal way I feel
I think scum is in

{Bingle, Umlaut, skygazer, bellaphant}

Bingle probably isn't like an especially strong read our of these honestly but also he's being wagoned so wynaut vote there
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 772, Firebringer wrote: Semantic satiation

Semantic satiation is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds.

I wonder if this is the same thing when you see a word so often you question if you are even spelling it right.
GeorgeBailey

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”