osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:19 am

Post by osuka »

pagetop get

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Skygazer »

i'll vote anyone that isn't me or my mafia lover
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Skygazer »

(still have a lot of reading to catch up on)
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

ausuka actually: if u look at schadd's normal i think i'm more apologetic there. in your game i was trying not to get NKd and probably would have posted more/rallied harder against Baltar D1 if I wasn't a PR. i kept up with a lot of the reading there and my lurking was more of an active decision so maybe that's why i was less apologetic? i also posted a *lot* more there than here and i felt less self conscious about my lurking.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Black »

In post 964, Skygazer wrote:
In post 791, Black wrote: What's notable to me is I've never seen Merlyn post one. I've only played with her once and she was scum, but I've read a couple town games of hers and I don't recall her posting one in any of those games, so I'm not sure what it means about her alignment
this black quote talking about merlyn not having posted reads list as either alignment before. rubbed me the wrong way because it feels like a shade that doesn't go anywhere; like that thing where scum just type words out to make it seem like they have opinions.
Why are you reading this as shade?
In post 966, Skygazer wrote: like i don't see the point in pointing that out as town bc black clearly knows it's NAI so why bring it up
It was just stream of consciousness. I saw her list and I immediately thought it was out of the ordinary for her to post one. Initially it pinged me as weird but then I started thinking back to the Newbie game we played recently where she was scum and she didn't post one. Then I realized she doesn't really post them as town either so I ended up not thinking much of it. I still wanted to be open with my thoughts even if they didn't really go anywhere
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 961, osuka wrote:
In post 936, Invisibility wrote: Black's recent posts about Meuh are really weird
least insightful post in the thread so far, and that's a low fucking bar already
lole
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 946, Merlyn wrote: Just saying what I thought. The explanation makes sense, but it also seems a bit of an overexplanation. Here's a question for you, why would I need to 'test the waters' instead of just...asking others what they thought?
if you just went and asked you'd be expressing interest. The point can be used as ammo or just dropped depending on how stuff regarding Meuh goes. Your post struck me as overcautious
In post 946, Merlyn wrote: Eh? The deadline is looming
what pinged me mostly was that it felt all wishy washy but I guess I am being a hypocrite here so whatever
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 956, osuka wrote: it's the fact that
you admit that they have valid reasons to want to get rid of you and you do NOTHING to address any of their points
. instead, you seem to satisfy yourself with "oh well i guess fair enough". that's ridiculous regardless of your alignment - either that's a huge gamble as scum (one that you don't need to take d1), or it's just piss poor town play.
It's cool how this is literally not true. Like... Not only not true, but requires reading literally 0% of the post you're calling out for that to be your issue with it. Wanna try again without stuffing your mouth full of cowpies first?
In post 645, Bingle wrote: Alright:

First, wagon on me:

Ausuka - Primarily, voting me as
OMGUS
. I still think Ausuka isn't particularly towny, but generally her placement on my wagon isn't a really scummy one.
Firebringer - Voting me for a meta case
(and a bad one)
. His case on me is that I'm not doing a thing that's NAI for me, I'm doing a thing that's NAI for me, and that I'm doing a thing that he claims isn't NAI for me based on a game he was the backup mod for, but which is notably NAI for me. I'm not really a player who can be caught via 'meta case'. Regardless, I believe that Firebringer believes the case, which makes him a fairly strong town read.
The Bulge - Apparently, the main thrust of Bulge's scum read on me was my leading question at Ausuka. I had thought there was a significant portion to do with the mech speak accusation, but on reread it does seem very reasonable that that callout was nonspecific and not actually aimed at me.
Bulge's accusation
that it's ridiculous I would think so is, imo,
silly
, since his clarification that it wasn't actually about mechspeak was directly quoting a post about people specifically calling me out for mechspeak. The implication there, to me, was that the was in fact singling me out. I don't really think that is unreasonable. Of the people voting me, I think this is the worst vote, but I don't particularly think it makes Bulge scum.
Invisibility - Vizzy's mostly been
sheeping bad cases
on me, but the way the way she's doing it doesn't scream scum to me.

Of these 4 I think there is no way there's a pair of scum and that it's unlikely that there are two different scumteams represented. Generally, despite the shit quality of each of the reads, I think they are more likely than not to actually be things the people behind them think. I vaguely agree that the wagon on me is roughly town driven.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 883, Black wrote: Did you forget about me or am I just not interesting enough?
You fit into a subset of Not Towny but also I don't want you to be scum so I'm just kind of ignoring that I don't have a reason not to lim you.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 493, Meuh wrote: At least one scum on Ausuka, scum loveeeeee jumping on the classic day 1 Ausuka wagon (which I would know because I have)
That's a weird post, especially with a 8 player lim requirement and only 4 people on the wagon. I would wager that it's more nai than anything, but if so why bother pointing it out at all?
In post 504, Skygazer wrote:
In post 493, Meuh wrote: At least one scum on Ausuka, scum loveeeeee jumping on the classic day 1 Ausuka wagon (which I would know because I have)
scum also love white knighting ausuka (which i would know because i have) :shifty:
Agree with this. I read meuh's early posting as soft buddying ausuka.
In post 513, Meuh wrote:
In post 497, Bingle wrote:
Who is it and why?
You and/or Black, maybe Drew
This is also such a waffly response. You made the claim that there was scum on the ausuka wagon, but your possible scum list is 3/4th of the wagon and with no reasoning for either of them. No ones going to blame you if your scumread flips town, so this response feels like its dodging the question at hand.
In post 700, Firebringer wrote: has anyone mentioned that the IC should just out btw?

I mean theres a decent chance both scum groups try to kill IC and then the kill fails.
So im not seeing a good reason of just taking a person out of elim pool now, except it hurts the IC ability to hunt people

it also increases odds of scum cross killing.
This is so scummy it's ridiculous. Aside from the unabashed rolefishing here are a few reasons ic revealing would suck,
Firstly it means scums cop action now has a perfect way to find the other pair without an ic throwing the results off. Before if scum got a non town result, there was a 2/3 chance they found scum and would both avoid killing them, and defend them. Without an ic they can't know to look for associative tells to find their partner, as they're not even sure their not town result is correct.
Secondly, we just started the game, so the chance of scum nking ic is like 1/8, probably lower. If you out ic, most likely he's off by at most d3. Scum can find ways to signal if they're attacking or not. Then you just end up losing both a trump card and a confirmed town.
Regardless of the mech implications, i don't like this rolefishing at all, much less from fire who has contributed nothing to the scumhunting effort.
In post 715, Bingle wrote:
In post 714, Bingle wrote: That's a stupid thought. The IC gets more powerful the longer they are hidden, functionally can't die to day play and is unlikely to die to night play, until outing. The IC outing ensures they die tonight and no scum gets shot.
Ah, I forgot about doublekill cancelling the kill. Still, IC outing should reduce chances of scum being shot, not increase them. I'm not going to talk more about why, because if scum can't work out how to play their powers, I'm not going to help.
I trust this man when it comes to mech discussion. Just not about loyal roles :cool:
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Donempire »

UNVOTE:

I'm fine with an meuh or fb lim today. I'm not sure i'll be able to make a comprehensive case-i'm not sure i should try at this time. And i'll honestly sheep any other reasonable wagon.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by Donempire »

By not trying i mean i might not have time- i'm going to clock out in half an hour and then i have to clean up the house and sleep (its 9pm here). Otherwise you know i love flair and huge wallposts debunking someone's every post.
Formerly Dongempire
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 984, Donempire wrote: Just not about loyal roles
You should trust me about loyal roles, given I was right. :P
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Black »

In post 985, Donempire wrote: UNVOTE:

I'm fine with an meuh or fb lim today. I'm not sure i'll be able to make a comprehensive case-i'm not sure i should try at this time. And i'll honestly sheep any other reasonable wagon.
I'm down to flashwagon FB
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Donempire »

I'm down for that

VOTE: Firebringer
Formerly Dongempire
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

No.

We need to stop starting vanity wagons and make a real decision.

If you don't like any of the real wagons, come up with a better reason for someone else than "Let's flashwagon this!"

All this is doing is splitting up votes and making it more likely we end up with a no lim.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Black »

I don't like either of the top wagons and I don't TR FB

VOTE: Firebringer

I'll be here before the deadline to make sure we don't no lim and I feel like I won't be the only one
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I am not really into the FB lim lol

I think generally villager "im gonna break out of gimmick for a second" moments are recognizable and fire's bingle push + fire's "IC should out" are both good instances of that
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idfk

I guess there are reasons to do it it's not the end of the world
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: skygazer
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by Meuh »

Both of these wagons suck
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Meuh »

Making a Bingle or Sheep wagon appealing isn't an easy task but you guys have succeeded
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: Bingle
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i want to go and look at the sky meta in more depth but im tired? i think she is still likely scum without the meta aspect fwiw but i admit this is partially just that i don't like any of the other targets

Firebringer is probably more likely to be scum than most of the wagons but probably less than Bingle

pedit: k
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Meuh »

FB's just town I don't get the scumreads in the slightest