Micro 1085: Even/Odd Killers [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:45 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Votecount 1.9

Appearance (3) - Thestatusquo, Merlyn, Roden
Thestatusquo (2) - Donempire, sheepsaysmeep
donempire (2) - fireisredsir, Datisi
Roden (1) - Black

Not voting (1) - Appearance

(expired on 2023-07-05 18:05:27) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 204, Black wrote:
In post 147, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 145, Merlyn wrote:
In post 143, fireisredsir wrote: im fairly sure appearance isn't hiding the fact that he's an alt
Okay, I'll wait to hear, what game are you referring to appearance?
what exactly about this makes you think appearance is scum and what will this question accomplish

do you think he just made up meta that doesn't exist and hoped nobody would notice?
I always hate when people ask "what will this question accomplish"

Like not every question asked in a Mafia game is going to directly help sort. Sometimes questions can be asked just to engage with someone to dig in and help you sort them better

I don't think all questions have to have some game-related meaning behind them. And I'm not saying Merlyn's question doesn't but this statement implies that it at least should
Hard agree on this one. Shutting down questioning avenues are never town motivated, no matter how pointless you think the question is.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 211, Datisi wrote: hot take(?): appearance is town

i feel like the early unnecessary claim is something that comes from town more often than not, and i'm not sure if i see scum being this chill about being at y-1 and unvoting and not really giving any sort of solid reads bc i feel like a base instinct for most scum is to *do stuff* in that position
I mean, he was spamming posts, so if you call that being chill then i wonder what being tense is like for you. His whole iso seems panicky and seeking validation, and i especially dislike the early claim.
Formerly Dongempire
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 252, Donempire wrote:

i feel like the early unnecessary claim is something that comes from town more often than not, and i'm not sure if i see scum being this chill about being at y-1 and unvoting and not really giving any sort of solid reads bc i feel like a base instinct for most scum is to *do stuff* in that position
I mean, he was spamming posts, so if you call that being chill then i wonder what being tense is like for you. His whole iso seems panicky and seeking validation, and i especially dislike the early claim.
i meant chill as "does not seem to be doing things to try to get townread" not anything about his emotional state

why does the early claim make him scummy?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 230, fireisredsir wrote: shea distracting the conversation away from our new glorious wagon on his scumbuddy donempire smh smh
I don't have a scumbuddy.
In post 229, Datisi wrote:
In post 226, Thestatusquo wrote: to answer their question it seems like extremely level 0 analysis that a wagon getting to e-1 would react in a certain away especially because the slot is clearly an alt with experience.
bestie it was page 9 what kinda profound analysis do you expect of me here

also my read was made in mind with appearance being an alt with some experience, if they were a complete noob i could see them freezing up under pressure but i don't think scum with experience reacts like that
I keep hearing that appearance is the alt of someone. I'd like to hear how you reached that conclusion, because everything from the way he speaks to his general manners seems like a knowledgable newbie, and if its an alt it's probably an alt of a new player. There might be something i'm not seeing.
I think experienced scum (or rather knowledgable scum) reacts exactly like Appearance does. That is, trying to deflect attention, being overly apologetic (171,173,182), trying to make out his push to be a misunderstanding, and spamming posts in such a quick succession that don't seem like scumhunting but rather panicking to being on a knife's edge. I do think an experienced scum would have handled this better, but then again i don't think he has that experience.
In post 234, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 227, Black wrote:
In post 226, Thestatusquo wrote: I think datisi might be scum.
Why not vote here? I'm down for a Datisi wagon but I can't help but worry that might apply here...
This is actually super slimy. Or at least you're completely misunderstanding me, whether thats intentional or not I don't know.

I think that it should be pretty clear that "I think x might be scum" is not "subtly framing things with words to create a narrative on someone" I am literally expressing a read here.
This is semantics, what you said in 176 can just as well apply here, it would just be not subtle. Just saying that someone is scummy without backing it up with at the very least some example posting is textbook shading, and arguing that it's not your "exact wording" does not detract from your hypocrisy.
In post 245, Thestatusquo wrote: What about appearance is solving this game?

I don't agree with anyone who has said the response seemed townie to me it seemed extremely preservationist and I don't think any of what they've done this game is helpful for finding scum.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 253, Datisi wrote:
i meant chill as "does not seem to be doing things to try to get townread" not anything about his emotional state

I don't think he wasn't trying though, or at the very least his posts seemed very "people pleasing", like what i said about being overly apologetic.

The claim came way before any real threat emerged, such as an intent to hammer. If he was afraid of a lolhammer, vt claim wouldn't save him from that, so thats pointless. I don't see any reason for why town would claim likr that, only scum might claim it in a panic, because it really makes no sense otherwise.
Formerly Dongempire
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Roden »

In post 208, Black wrote: VOTE: Roden

I think Appearance comes across as more townie than he initially felt to me, and I'm not really liking the way Roden jumped on the wagon to put him back at e-1. I also feel like a lot of Roden's questions have felt like fake sorting attempts, kinda on a performative level of "oh look I'm trying to solve"
You're gonna have to elaborate further on what you mean here, because this accusation doesn't hold much water in this kind of format. The mafia and SK still need to sort everyone since they have to kill the other to actually win. Maybe point out what it is specifically about my sorting that you don't like?
-
In post 209, Datisi wrote:
In post 193, Roden wrote: VOTE: Appearance

Back to E-1. I'll ease off of Merlyn for now.
what makes you vote appearance here and why are you easing off merlyn?
I think Appearance is a wolf, and my vote feels more impactful there than on Merlyn. I've grilled her enough, I didn't like of all of her answers but it was enough for me to step back a bit. Plus her interactions with Appearance made her look a bit better IMO.

Another reason though is based off of something I just haven't said out loud yet. I've had a hero solve of Merlyn/Shea scum and Appearance SK floating around in my head, but I felt like I was getting too far ahead of myself since I was basically pre-flipping Shea based off of my Merlyn scum read. I don't want to trick my brain into conf bias-ing my reads, especially this early into the game, so I'm stepping back and turning my focus elsewhere for now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Roden »

SK has an incentive to claim VT here. A Cop fake claim still gets them voted out and they just lose faster. Claiming VT though might gain them some town points though, and they'll be a lot safer from the mafia NK if they do survive the vote since mafia really want to kill the Cop ASAP.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Roden »

I'm really liking Don's recent posts, especially 254.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Roden »

In post 114, Black wrote:
In post 108, Datisi wrote: your entrance feels as if you instinctually know you should contribute to the actual content of the game, but don't really know *what* to contribute, so you instead make a comment about "wow the game sure did move out of RVS amirite guys?"

like, a townie that didn't have anything to post there would just post a random vote i feel, or say nothing. a townie that has something to contribute would contribute. this just feels forced, neither one nor the other
I have something to say about this but I'll let Merlyn respond first
What was your follow up to this, btw?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 254, Donempire wrote: I keep hearing that appearance is the alt of someone. I'd like to hear how you reached that conclusion, because everything from the way he speaks to his general manners seems like a knowledgable newbie, and if its an alt it's probably an alt of a new player. There might be something i'm not seeing.
aspects of him heavily remind me of someone on the site. that's all i'm gonna say as i'm not a fan of alt revealing.

as for the rest of the post about him, idk if i can put it into words but i don't really agree - being apologetic feels more like a character thing rather than alignment thing, and i don't think i got the vibe he was ever pushing merlyn to begin with?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 255, Donempire wrote:
In post 253, Datisi wrote:

I don't think he wasn't trying though, or at the very least his posts seemed very "people pleasing", like what i said about being overly apologetic.

The claim came way before any real threat emerged, such as an intent to hammer. If he was afraid of a lolhammer, vt claim wouldn't save him from that, so thats pointless. I don't see any reason for why town would claim likr that, only scum might claim it in a panic, because it really makes no sense otherwise.
i explained this at some point earlier, but when i said not trying to get townread, i meant
In post 211, Datisi wrote: and i'm not sure if i see scum being this chill about being at y-1 and unvoting and not really giving any sort of solid reads bc i feel like a base instinct for most scum is to *do stuff* in that position
i think scum would very likely start doing things like pushing someone or giving reads because like, i don't remember last time someone got townread for being apologetic or whatever. i feel like he knows that and yet he's not doing it

also it feels like you're giving the claim a scum motive without actually like, explaining why? why would scum claim in a panic, but town wouldn't? if town wouldn't claim because the claim wouldn't save him from a lolhammer, why would scum?
~M
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 248, Donempire wrote:
In post 202, Appearance wrote: btw, i'm vt but that probably should be obvious as i would've claimed earlier if i was cop.
I would like to know what reasonable basis you had on claiming this. You're on e-1 but under no significant elim threat. All this does is if you're not scum narrow down the kill window of scum.
isn't it standard procedure to claim at e-1?
this feels too like u're using nai reasons to make it ai.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 207, Black wrote:
In post 201, Appearance wrote: one random thing tho is i think black seems quieter than what i remember them being like in our last game together.
i'm not sure if this is town-indicative but to my knowledge, black seems like someone who would do more as scum.
I don't really think my activity level is AI one way or the other tbh
oh.
got that.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 262, Appearance wrote:
In post 202, Appearance wrote: btw, i'm vt but that probably should be obvious as i would've claimed earlier if i was cop.
I would like to know what reasonable basis you had on claiming this. You're on e-1 but under no significant elim threat. All this does is if you're not scum narrow down the kill window of scum.
It's more SOP to claim when someone says they intend to hammer you and asks you to claim.

I don't know if this is relevant but since it's coming up a lot and it seems like it might be affecting player perception of you- appearance, do you mind saying if you're an alt? If you are you absolutely don't have to share of who
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 260, Datisi wrote:
In post 254, Donempire wrote: I keep hearing that appearance is the alt of someone. I'd like to hear how you reached that conclusion, because everything from the way he speaks to his general manners seems like a knowledgable newbie, and if its an alt it's probably an alt of a new player. There might be something i'm not seeing.
aspects of him heavily remind me of someone on the site. that's all i'm gonna say as i'm not a fan of alt revealing.

as for the rest of the post about him, idk if i can put it into words but i don't really agree - being apologetic feels more like a character thing rather than alignment thing, and i don't think i got the vibe he was ever pushing merlyn to begin with?
yeah but you also have a vibe that I'm scum so maybe your vibes are not working out for this game daitisi
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 264, Merlyn wrote:
In post 262, Appearance wrote:
It's more SOP to claim when someone says they intend to hammer you and asks you to claim.

I don't know if this is relevant but since it's coming up a lot and it seems like it might be affecting player perception of you- appearance, do you mind saying if you're an alt? If you are you absolutely don't have to share of who
got that.
yeah, I've seen it brought up; this was supposed to be a secret alt where i try a different style to normal.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm kind of confused why don seems to be agreeing with most of what I'm saying and voting me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i am having trouble feeling alignment related thoughts from much of anything here recently tbh

i will try to read closer later today ig
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Black has requested replacement, finding a replacement now.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

aw man
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:14 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 269, JasonWazza wrote:
Black has requested replacement, finding a replacement now.
DeltaBreedy replaces Black.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Catching up quickly now.

If anyone wants to draw my attention to anything in particular, now's the time!
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:45 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

hi delta breedy
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:46 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”