Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 4.2

The government strongly promoted the ‘Buy British’ message in the 1970s. It was so keen to prove the scientific superiority of British products that large-scale experiments were commissioned. Scarfolk University, for example, was given four million pounds to develop a computer that could record the brainwaves of hundreds of Real English Wine drinkers and then convert those brainwaves into sounds and images.

Scientists (and advertising agency executives who planned to exploit the results) predicted the result would produce “a wide variety of positive images, including majestic British landscapes accompanied by the sounds of waves and music as beautiful as anything written by maestros such Sir Edward Elgar or Cliff Richard”.

In actual fact, all the subjects’ brains produced exactly the same image: An electrified cage containing a baby monkey whose mind had been destroyed by medical experiments, systematic torture and the jarring sound of a toy mechanical bear mercilessly beating a drum 24 hours a day.

Despite this apparent setback, the Real English Wine committee ran with this image in their advertising campaigns. The wine sold well in Scarfolk, simply by virtue of being British, as did a spin-off ‘soft-toy’ monkey, which wasn’t actually a soft-toy at all, but a real dead monkey.

fireisredsir (2):
Menalque, Cephrir
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (4):
Dunnstral, Ydrasse, fireisredsir, Aisa

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-07-07 20:50:00)

Last edited by Umlaut on Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1467, Aureal wrote:
In post 1464, Menalque wrote: @aureal, @implo, fire votes pls?

I would be willing to do sheep > fire today if that means not doing skitter
*spins, falls down*

I'm trying to poke at a few ISOs, but I feel like nobody's really addressed the concern about the fire wagon that I've brought up a couple of times. Can you go more in depth into why you're still set on fire being scum? He's explained that he was intentionally being more aggressive than needed to test your reaction, but I guess you don't believe that? I still just don't see much reason for scum fire to try to take you down into limmable territory as you said- you're probably the most widely townread slot in the game. If fire is scum, he knows you're town and thus are probably going to just pull out another big towny explanation in response to his push at you, right?
hm the spinning and falling down here

while i initially thought it was scummy and wanting to preserve the gamestate of me vs skitter without really committing to a side

i didn't really realize until rereading after sheep flip that this came with the context of skitter pushing pretty hard for sheep and then mena saying he would be willing to do sheep if it meant not skitter

given that context i think this might actually be towny?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1468, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I was going to write about aureal being wolfy but that post resolves a lot of my concerns

this game is just fucked so weird
then again this is a pretty iffy response to that post lol

i wish I'd asked at the time what concerns that resolved
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:35 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1479, Aureal wrote:
In post 1468, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I was going to write about aureal being wolfy but that post resolves a lot of my concerns

You've got some pretty weird progression on my slot, lol. Here, I just ISOed you, here's a few of my thoughts to which I'll add that.

votes Drew in , no reasoning given and I'm not seeing anything coming soon afterwards
poking skeptically at other people like Alianna (, ) CSF (), Woo (, ), Aisa (, , ) but apparently not skeptical enough to move off the unexplained Drew vote
tries to ask people about skitter, has expressed no read (, )
is a readlist with Drew at the bottom, still no explanation for that, just feels confident (, )
then and basically just say Enchant should be resolved, still only because "not doing legit stuff"
D2 opening is weird, thinks Aisa's movements at end of D1 is wolfy and I've no idea why
lots more concern about Aisa throughout the day, pulling back a bit (, )
read on CSF keeps going back and forth
doubt about fire wagon, doubt about skitter, townreads me for no reason (1367) and just now expresses worry that was never expressed prior but it's okay because my post cleared it up
In post 1475, fireisredsir wrote: dunn is a bit of an enigma and i have trouble seeing beneath the surface for him so he's difficult for me to read

my original suspicion was more of a "i could see dunn being scum this game" than anything with a good reason behind it

i also don't really like that aureal has been voteparked there while spinning around not knowing what to do with the two main wagons
Well, after that I think I'm back to my Dunn/sheep thing. So yeah. :o

Feels like we're more likely to go for sheep here from what people have been saying, unless Merlyn is being really convincing where I couldn't be (which is totally possible)? Can we make one of them a wagon? Merlyn whatcha think about sheep?
and then this response to that is maybe towny again??

it's an extremely unconvincing iso dive but again at the time i thought that was scum struggling to fake analysis on town

and she does push the possibility of building momentum towards sheep more than i initially realized
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:38 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1482, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1470, Merlyn wrote:

This is more for a future day, but what concerns did you have, and how did Aureals post resolve them?
I felt like they were hinting at wariness about the fire wagon but not being outright enough. struggling to find the words to describe it rn; like shading the fire wagon. like when I felt weird about the fire wagon (first I talked about how I felt about the wagon and then I saw aureal's earlier posts) I feel like I did it much more directly. the recent post is like definitely very direct and I think her concerns about red wagon are pretty similar to what my concerns were lol with some differences but similar enough that it's like a mind meld
oh hey here's the answer i wanted. thank you merlyn

possibly lightly unpartnery idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1498, sheepsaysmeep wrote: hm

tbh at first thought I just dont find it compellingly scummy. which feels sorta rude because I cant rly explain it at all lol im sorry.

I was gonna ask if ur familiar with dunn but I saw u said ur not; I think if u were you might find this stuff more nai, maybe not fully, but I can just very easily see it as villa!dunn who just pokes around and doesnt think he needs to explain himself lol

that is what my personal response looks like
In post 1499, sheepsaysmeep wrote: if anything I think dunn being so unexplained lurking-in-the-shadows says town-dunn to me lmao but thats leaning into gutty reads to ideally not rely on mid-game
this take on dunn being like the opposite read for the same reasons as he says later is p weird? unsure how to interpret that but it's probably significant
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1532, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1528, Menalque wrote: I would kill sheep > aureal, if that's the direction we're going in then I'll stop pushing fire because I think we should only have one more slot claim today at most
I agree with the first bit, but unless you now think that fire v skitter is tvt then I don't see why we shouldn't just stay the course.
ok sorry yea everyone please like read pages 58 to 61 or so

VOTE: ydrasse
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2458, Aisa wrote:
In post 2435, Aureal wrote:
In post 2421, Aisa wrote:
In post 2402, fireisredsir wrote: i do think it is possibly the worst plan in the world (currently assuming we're in a 2 scum world based on how the claims are going) for me as scum to enter yesterday being like okay, im gonna reaffirm townreads and try to narrow things down to a poe

and then spend a lot of effort doing that, including my scum partner in the poe, and generally throughout the day being fine with limming him and even at some points leaning towards limming him

only to in the last few hours of the day suddenly decide to flip and try to hard push out the counter alongside him which gets us basically nowhere closer to winning the game even if we succeed

i think i either include him in the poe and try to push for him to be limmed bc we want me to endgame and keep myself as clean as possible (decent path if i think i can convince people im town) or we let me be the lim and set things up to allow him to endgame and look clean (a little harder i think? either could work depending on how we played it), or we go for the bold strategy of trying to both win by one of us convincing people that the other belongs in the towncore (risky and difficult)

instead we just decided to try to both burn all of our cred at once in order to... force out aureal?? which even if we succeed would leave us still one day away from elo with a 0% chance that we live after doing that?

like i know that nobody is gonna be convinced by this post and nobody should be, bc if this argument was convincing then there's an avenue where the plan could actually end up somehow working lol

but still
I am confused by this too but yeah I do not think this argument carries enough weight by itself, things could have just gone wrong somehow
What do people feel like the day's trajectory felt like? I asked Ceph earlier to make a point that fire/sheep/Aureal was a rather silly team idea since those were literally all the D3 wagons so I don't know wtf we were supposedly doing there, but I think it's helpful in general to evaluate that.

It felt to me like the day started with fire being the likely elimination for the first third of the day. Then resistance started building in the second third. Then it rapidly went to me, shifted back a bit to fire, to sheep, and wavered a bit with fire or me still being possible before becoming a clear choice between me or sheep.

fire->fire??->Aureal->fire/Aureal->sheep/fire/Aureal->sheep->sheep/Aureal

Does that seem reasonable enough?
This seems reasonable enough, though I'm not sure what you think this implies about fire's alignment

Same line of thought that moved me to sheep's wagon, which he tried to discredit. Scum driven resistance would suggest fire scum. Town driven resistance the opposite.

Remember that moment when sheep voted fire after the sheep wagon became a thing? I really feel like he wanted that fire wagon back, but I wanted sheep more by that point and wasn't budging.

These things are still suggesting to me that fire is town.

I do need to look closer at how that fire wagon derailed. I played video games last night instead though, so I'll ask for opinions instead. Do we think Dunn claiming credit for not going after fire is accurate? I do recall he and Ceph got called out for changing their mind and not going for fire, so there's probably something to it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1533, sheepsaysmeep wrote: egix is like iffy-town lol, I liked csf and then I sorta like some stuff but I feel like he's being relatively unreadable to me and it means he has to trend into "iffy" territory. hopefully we are around at the same time sometime to converse
can easily see this coming from someone who is self-aware that he doesn't have enough natural interaction with his partner
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

your point about those pages is that it's not aureal right
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

that was the main conclusion but i also think it's probably egix
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

he wasn't really present in them aside from the posts you noted but i agree those are not good
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i forgot to include page 62 that one is also important
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea i guess its more thinking it isn't anyone else and also those posts were bad
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

with a 3p scum team i think there's more room to play around and do things like have one member dismantle a tvt for endgame cred, but with 2 scum i think there's more incentive to stick with your partner on d2
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Aureal »

My main point of concern with the sheep/Egix pairing is... Really, they were BOTH trying to pocket me with weird townreads??? I was squinting at those "obv town" and "pure tone" comments a lot, thinking there had to be scum trying to pocket me there; but for both to be doing it is pretty funny.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t care if i die today since i won’t have to go near endgame but i feel that it should be incredibly obvious that my move as partner yesterday was to not hellbus my partner and then do nothing with that credit
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok when i try to predict whats going on in the scum pt like this im never right but someday i will be

but i could easily see sheep being a pretty chatty scum pt user and being like "man aureal has such pure tone idk if i am able to push her" and egix seeing that and being like "hmm yes i agree" and then taking it into thread lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2491, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t care if i die today since i won’t have to go near endgame but i feel that it should be incredibly obvious that my move as partner yesterday was to not hellbus my partner and then do nothing with that credit
i don't think that would be like your main goal/plan but i could see it happening

i don't think aureal's pattern of play makes any more sense so

can you try to read dunn
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

or ceph i guess
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t let my partner die there if we are the only two and i have to get through the rest of this game but regardless of a pointless point

i’ll do it later
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

i townread csf for playing at all (meta) but her subbing out sinks that theory for me
neither csf nor egix ever has a sheep interaction that feels unpartnered to me. just some very mild conversation. egix also slams him into the townbin and never talks about it ever
ydrasse did enter the game with the express mission of "kill sheep" but... a preexisting decision that she's going to try and close it out explains the surprising amount of effort she put in right away

i could see it
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

most people would probably be more likely to clear you off it

you have 4 people you can probably lim and there's no PRs

if you defend sheep and keep him alive and flip say, aureal, i don't think thats a winning path to endgame. you still need 2 more miselims and you're both in the poe and it's shrinking. i think it makes more sense to try to get one of you out of the poe rather than just try to live through 3 days of flips within it

i think the "do nothing with the credit" is probably the more convincing point but idk there's other possible reasons for that
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

gonna go mald over how hard i've scumsided this game now that i think aureal is less likely ttyl
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:52 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think it’s incredibly silly to kill my partner and lose any sort of help i could have. a vote on my side is a vote not cast against me etc

like ik this isn’t productive but i’m just ??? that people would even think i could be a wolf after yesterday
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”