Micro 1085: Even/Odd Killers [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:13 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Votecount 1.17

Appearance (2) - Merlyn, Roden
Datisi (2) - Deltabreedy, Donempire
Deltabreedy (2) - fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep
donempire (1) - Datisi
Sheepsaysmeep (1) - Thestatusquo

Not voting (1) - Appearance

(expired on 2023-07-05 18:05:27) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Moderators note: Deltabreedy will be considered on a minor V/LA for the 30th and the 1st

Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 445, Datisi wrote: i've noticed you spelled my name like 5 different ways so far this game. idk if it's intentional but pls don't. "dats" is fine if you don't wanna bother with the i's
Of course it wasn't intentional. I apologize though, glad you said something
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Donempire »

Quick mech talk before i read up and make a longer post since i didn't see anyone mentioning this

We should be aiming for mafia specifically today. As it stands if we lim sk today we go to d2 as if we limmed a townie d1 in c9. Beggars cant be choosers, but limming mafia is clearly much more preferable. That way with 2 different scum there will both be less coordination and a chance to hit each other, which might even be a reason to let sk live.

I think appearence is sk here. He seems scummy by himself but also has a certain panic that i would wager comes from being more disadvantaged than if he had a partner. The wagon also occurred and ended without any significant resistance, which further compounds my idea that he has no partner. And i think it was roden that mentioned sk would claim vt because he stands to gain nothing from claiming cop even if he got the actual cop limmed, which could partially explain the unnecessarily early vt claim.

This scenario is kind of problematic because the scenario i mentioned before of sk and mafia potentially killing each other doesn't happen if town reaches a consensus on appearance, or even just mafia gets convinced of that. If we spare appearance then only he can kill mafia, not the other way around; which might be worth it giving up a near confirmed lim for, it might not be. I'm of the opinion that appearance should be spared today. I would like your opinions as well.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:52 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

interesting
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:54 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

that's a villagery level of detailed thinking I think good job
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:12 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I disagree with the first part of your post

killing the SK today is insanely insanely good. and also I think we are just not good enough for that level of precision

go vote your sk reads. I just do not know how to hunt for SK so I probably will not really do that until I have to
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I think you're minimum the 3rd person (Myself and I think Roden?) to say Appearance is the SK.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I do agree with sheep that offing the SK today would be pretty neat
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: appearance
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I'm still V/LA and not really in a decision-making mood right now, I might revisit this but

UNVOTE: Datisi
VOTE: Appearance

Ninja'd yeah fair enough.
E-1
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:05 am

Post by Donempire »

Also hi delta
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Donempire »

Fire is defending datisi so blatantly that i think he's scum trying to buddy him. Fwiw i think its fire scum with delta/bingle being tvt. I can understand both their viewpoints. I also know dats' scum meta and this doesn't seem like it to me.

To be clear, i think fire's trying to point out some "gotcha" moments to both gain relatively easy towncred while also keeping the discussion between the two ongoing and potentially turn it on delta.

Roden (?) delta status should be town here. I'd honestly like if we offed fire today over appearance due to what i said about splitting scum into two factions.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Donempire »

VOTE: fire
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 360, Datisi wrote:
In post 346, Deltabreedy wrote: @Datisi: What would you like to talk about that isn't my read on you?

There's changing the conversation and there is ending it, and there's a difference.
i don't want to talk about anything with you right now

and that isn't in an "outrage annoyed" manner, it's in a manner where i don't think my read on you is gonna progress whatever we talk about and i'd rather see other people react to the convo than change the conversation with you
Yeah i don't think scum datisi says this. While i agree with delta on some of her points i agree that it was somewhat poorly worded and dats could easily push this to a lim. What we instead see is fire pushing hard for a lim opportunity with datisi laying further back. I also don't think a datisi/fire team is plausible as the association would be too obvious were one of them to flip scum.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 372, Thestatusquo wrote: Actually fuck it I think this is just not town sheep at all.

VOTE: Sheep
I could go here as well. If we're not limming appearance then i would go for fire sheep or merlyn in that priority. If there's a consensus i'm willing to hammer but i think this is the way to go.
Formerly Dongempire
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

which points of delta's do you agree with?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 463, Donempire wrote:
In post 360, Datisi wrote:
In post 346, Deltabreedy wrote: @Datisi: What would you like to talk about that isn't my read on you?

There's changing the conversation and there is ending it, and there's a difference.
i don't want to talk about anything with you right now

and that isn't in an "outrage annoyed" manner, it's in a manner where i don't think my read on you is gonna progress whatever we talk about and i'd rather see other people react to the convo than change the conversation with you
Yeah i don't think scum datisi says this. While i agree with delta on some of her points i agree that it was somewhat poorly worded and dats could easily push this to a lim. What we instead see is fire pushing hard for a lim opportunity with datisi laying further back. I also don't think a datisi/fire team is plausible as the association would be too obvious were one of them to flip scum.
did you only read that post now?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Donempire »

Yea
Formerly Dongempire
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Datisi »

uh, can you give me a tl;dr on how you went from "datisi should be the yeet, i'm making a case" to "this isn't scumtisi meta"? you don't have to make the full case or anything but i would lie a window into how you got from point A to point B here
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Datisi »

wrt the mech stuff: i would rather kill a mafia today rather than the SK. but i would also rather kill the SK than kill a townie, and i don't actually know how to hunt for an SK, so uh until further notice i'm probably just voting whoever is scummy and hoping it's correct
~M
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Donempire I do not see why fire is blatantly defending datisi = fire is Scum trying to buddy him. esp if you can see both viewpoints
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 465, fireisredsir wrote: which points of delta's do you agree with?
Spoiler:
In post 281, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 59, Full Post wrote: *Snip*
we lose a full day, then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny and then we lose TWO days and no
*Snip*
No, you didn't.

You said we lose a full day today, then everything after that point refers to the D2 lim. I've highlighted it below:
In post 59, Reference to today's (D1) Lim wrote: *Snip*
we lose a full day,
*Snip*
No mention of scumhood here
And then
In post 59, Reference to D2 Lim wrote: *Snip*
then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny
and then we lose TWO days
and no
*Snip*
You completely disregarded the possibility of the lim hitting scum by virtue of saying that 2 days would be wasted which struck me as scummy.

Suggesting by omission that they aren't scum suggested to me a level of knowledge about the game. Can't be an SK with that level of knowledge about the game so has to be scum IMO.
Roughly agree with this. I don't think it warrants scumreading datisi over, but i don't think shes wrong either.
In post 287, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 284, Datisi wrote: and, technically speaking: even if i were scum, i still cannot have the level of knowledge to know whether the quickhammer on day 1 is going to flip town or not, so ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
This is a non-sequitur - you would know whether or not it would flip scum which is the key distinction.

Would it flip town? Maybe. Would it flip SK? Maybe. But the thing that you avoided was that chance of it flipping scum, that's where the omission occurs and that's why I think its scummy.
By scum she means mafia, and yes since an sk kill is *relatively* good for mafia, scum!dats could have omitted pointing that out.
In post 295, Deltabreedy wrote: I get the sense that you're trying to deflect the accusation of scumslipping through a series of 'gotcha' moments, rather than explaining why I should be voting elsewhere.

Why does it have you rattled that I voted you? I'm alone on your wagon.
I think this post applies more to you than it does to datisi, since you were cherrypicking most of deltas case against datisi. I also agree with the second part where datisi was more aggressive than what delta did warranted.
In post 309, Deltabreedy wrote: No, you're really seriously trying to discredit my argument off the back of nothing - do you honestly think I'm trying to put you down as newbscum when you're approaching 25000 posts here? Seriously?

There's a base level of understanding of the game that is implicit with the fact that you have such a high count here - so no, I'm categorically not implying shit.

The narrative that I'm saying you're newbscum is an entirely fabricated argument that serves to cement my position on you being scum rather than weaken it.
Agree with this without exception. The "being too skilled to make a mistake like that" defense almost always comes from a place of bad faith. I should know: i only turboego when i roll scum. Besides, if we were to entertain the claim that dats' experience made him uniquely non susceptible to mistakes, by that same logic we should be listening to me over dats on evwry topic because i am an older player on the site.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 468, Datisi wrote: uh, can you give me a tl;dr on how you went from "datisi should be the yeet, i'm making a case" to "this isn't scumtisi meta"? you don't have to make the full case or anything but i would lie a window into how you got from point A to point B here
I didn't read past post 255, i just saw the last page and saw that you were not on e-1 and blurted that out to not get prodded. Sorry jason lol
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 470, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Donempire I do not see why fire is blatantly defending datisi = fire is Scum trying to buddy him. esp if you can see both viewpoints
By both viewpoints i meant delta and datisi, not fire and datisi. I assume both delta and datisi are town here, and edpecially with posts like330 buddying datisi to the moon it reinforces my belief that it's a tvt with a scum third party trying to keep them engaged in it.
Formerly Dongempire
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 472, Donempire wrote:
In post 468, Datisi wrote: uh, can you give me a tl;dr on how you went from "datisi should be the yeet, i'm making a case" to "this isn't scumtisi meta"? you don't have to make the full case or anything but i would lie a window into how you got from point A to point B here
I didn't read past post 255, i just saw the last page and saw that you were not on e-1 and blurted that out to not get prodded. Sorry jason lol
LMAO

understandable have a nice day
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”