Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 674, humaneatingmonkey wrote: If clidd was town, are you expecting a different kind of readslist?
Yeah, and different gameplay to match.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:05 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Right now, things seem to check out for me. Do you mind walking me through why you're expecting a different gameplay from clidd? Have you been playing a lot with him recently that makes you think he'll have stronger stances than what he has right now?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 676, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Right now, things seem to check out for me. Do you mind walking me through why you're expecting a different gameplay from clidd? Have you been playing a lot with him recently that makes you think he'll have stronger stances than what he has right now?
I remembered Clidd as an insightful, laconic player who was the N1 kill in my first game on site. I was struck by his indecision and paragraphs of blunt and vague thoughts this game. I think it's all for show.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:47 am

I did as skim of the game and I can see where you're coming from. I don't think the read is reliable, but I can see where you're coming from. Mainly because it's a newbie, so it's not really "normal". I know I'm kinder in newbies.

My thoughts: I do remember clidd to be more combative than this, the targeting inactive slots seem lazy, true. I may be misremembering but I think he likes hero solves - and we're not getting that here. I mean... gerain and karmadog? i also do not understand why Emperor is "fine" for not showing signs of being scummy even though Emperor barely posted.

I also expected clidd to be using this time to be *doing* something rather than what I perceive to be passive commentary. This guy is supposed to be as egotistic as I am, so maybe the absence of "I solved the game in day 1" could be indicative of something. However, I do not know new clidd - the clidd I knew was old clidd. Someone needs to introduce us to new clidd.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:04 am

Post by clidd »

Furtive, my impressions so far have been decent. Maybe not quite as well-developed and information-packed as a past clidd would do, but certainly useful to me.

So I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Considering Newbie 2088 as the main reference for your read, there are a few points you should consider:

1. The game was over a bit more than a year ago.
2. It was a newbie game, with a smaller number of players.
3. My participation boiled down to 14 posts, before I was shot N1.
4. The passage of time has affected my identity as a player, making comparisons outdated.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 679, clidd wrote: Furtive, my impressions so far have been decent. Maybe not quite as well-developed and information-packed as a past clidd would do, but certainly useful to me.

Considering Newbie 2088 as the main reference for your read, there are a few points you should consider:

4. The passage of time has affected my identity as a player, making comparisons outdated.
Ok, sure. But meta isn't the only reason behind my suspicion. A player who posts so much with so few strong conclusions will always concern me, because of my ideas of general scumtells.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:09 am

i want to make one immature clidd joke
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:16 am

Post by clidd »

Do it so we can move on.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:18 am

it will remain a mystery
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:22 am

Post by clidd »

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 am

Post by clidd »

In post 680, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 679, clidd wrote: Furtive, my impressions so far have been decent. Maybe not quite as well-developed and information-packed as a past clidd would do, but certainly useful to me.

Ok, sure. But meta isn't the only reason behind my suspicion. A player who posts so much with so few strong conclusions will always concern me, because of my ideas of general scumtells.
Wouldn't Elements fall into this classification?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 am

In post 678, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I did as skim of the game and I can see where you're coming from. I don't think the read is reliable, but I can see where you're coming from. Mainly because it's a newbie, so it's not really "normal". I know I'm kinder in newbies.

My thoughts: I do remember clidd to be more combative than this, the targeting inactive slots seem lazy, true. I may be misremembering but I think he likes hero solves - and we're not getting that here. I mean... gerain and karmadog? i also do not understand why Emperor is "fine" for not showing signs of being scummy even though Emperor barely posted.

I also expected clidd to be using this time to be *doing* something rather than what I perceive to be passive commentary. This guy is supposed to be as egotistic as I am, so maybe the absence of "I solved the game in day 1" could be indicative of something. However, I do not know new clidd - the clidd I knew was old clidd. Someone needs to introduce us to new clidd.
what do you think about this, clidd
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:47 am

Post by clidd »

I think you have a point on me not stepping up hard to hit scum as I said I would and being less combative in general.

The "selfish" sense you mentioned is also a fair point, since I used to be a much more arrogant and overconfident player, which is obvious in a lot of the games between 2020 and 2021.

But as I mentioned in one of the points above with Furtive, I'm looking for a different identity and my new self believes this is not the time to ignore inactive slots.

I don't like the idea of giving anyone a free pass, and while it is very easy for scum to articulate an elimination based on activity (or the lack of it), my idea here is to encourage some spark on their part, however minimal. Then I can update my reads and see who is the most likely to be scum in my book.

Does this make sense to you?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:49 am

tbh clidd no. i think you'll have more nuance than that.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:52 am

Post by clidd »

Now I'm leaning town on you.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:54 am

And now I'm leaning scum on you!
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:59 am

Post by clidd »

It's fine, we will figure something out later.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:00 am

Post by clidd »

@Flippy

Anyone alive in there?
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 667, clidd wrote:
@Daisy

My reason for leaning town on Greeting is mostly tonality and the way he played until now.

If you look at his ISO, I mean, it's not like there is anything extraordinary but the basics seem transparent/honest imo, thus towny.

The slot was off the radar and it would be simple for scum!Greeting to just go with the flow, but if you look at posts like , and you will notice that he didn't just stay complacently static - he created a certain *noise* while trying to navigate the game, which reflected to me as a potential towny perspective voicing his doubts and seeking information to advance his own reads, not just like ''oh hey, I'm a generic townie with no personal opinion following whatever the consensus calls for''.

Not the greatest read, sure, but it's what I have for now.
I get where you're coming from, and there are some players in this game who's slots have been more passive, but compared to a strong amount of town I'm not sure Greeting's *noise* really amounts to much in the grander scheme of the game right now.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing since we have a lot of loud voices, but unlike other townleans I have with similar levels of activity, I've found myself having a harder time grasping Greeting's overall thoughts on the game so null still feels like an appropriate slot for Greeting to be in my head.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 594, Greeting wrote:
In post 501, OopsieDaisy wrote: On the first point, HEM was prompting Elements for a summary of 2302, not me. I just jumped on it because I was also v active at the time so it made sense.

On the second, to clarify you're on the same page as Roden with regards to a scheming HEM = a scummy HEM?
My bad. I ISO'd you and assumed the question was to you.

I cannot be on the same page as
Roden
or anyone else for that matter, as my knowledge of
HEM
's meta is not that great. A townie surely doesn't have any interest in scheming though?
Also realised I missed this when ISOing Greeting. Basically after the Roden/HEM debacle the definition of scheming seems to be different for different people, and I think the short-term gotchas make sense for townie players to make, but the longer term manipulations don't. Wanted to check this because you were justifying leaving HEM be because you couldn't decipher whether he was scheming or not, and I wanted to know if that was the central focus of your read there.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum, perhaps this will help you: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=83&t=90720&user_select%5B%5D=36081 (scum!Greeting).

You can compare with the current game and draw your conclusions.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by clidd »

My meta take on this is that scum!Greeting has a tendency to formulate redundant impressions, while town!Greeting is more interested in going after the right topics and making his voice heard, although not always expressed correctly.

You can see that if you notice post viewtopic.php?p=13718896#p13718896 in that game and make a comparison with post here.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by clidd »

But, as I said, it would be more interesting for you to check for yourself.

If we have the same impression, it will reinforce my read and help yours.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Hi I’m tired, long weekend. Will be around tomorrow morning probably if not then the afternoon sometime. Probably won’t be around much Tuesday cos of the holiday but I should be around more after that
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Klick »

Same

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”