Micro 1084 | Quantum Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:51 am

Post by imaginality »

Try saying "I caught an occult cult" ten times fast...

VOTE: Ircher for lurking
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:57 am

Post by imaginality »

Needless game mech spec: maybe the lim and the NK are entangled and when the box is opened in the morning one is alive and one is dead (and the numbered list influences the probabilities in some way?). Or maybe we're all entangled with someone so if the box opens with that person alive their counterpart dies instead (sort of a hidden anti-lovers mechanic?).

Alternatively the idea people in the box are dead but don't flip until they're observed in some way is quite plausible given the wording of the mafia win condition.
In post 33, biancospino wrote: Thou notably it may be interesting that Ircher thougth the box as collapsing when being peeked at by
someone
, instead of by some global game effect
I don't think that wording means it has to be a specific person, but does leave that possibility open.
In post 38, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 35, biancospino wrote: But I didn't get no impure wavefunction in my PM, so unless I've just happened to personally get a pure one for some reason I don't think this is what is going on
Since you mentioned this, i'll point out i have asked, and our Role PM's aren't guaranteed to be true, just the numbering order.

So we could still be in some wonky quantum state of not having roles and having roles or some shit.

I suspect some fuckery is afoot already if i'm being perfectly honest.
More needless spec: maybe we have hidden probabalistic chances of having particular powers and our role PMs just show the way that collapsed currently. So a bit like Amnesiac Mafia from Team Mafia where people's roles changed each night.
In post 67, biancospino wrote:
In post 56, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 0, bugspray wrote: Nobody (this is not a person, there is simply nobody inside of the box.
And anyone noticing the bracket is incomplete?
See, now I'm thinking that you chose the word
bracket
(which is an unusual way to refer to () marks; it would generally refer to [] or 〈〉marks) deliberately to crumb something since it is relevant in quantum physics
In post 73, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 67, biancospino wrote: (which is an unusual way to refer to () marks; it would generally refer to [] or 〈〉marks)
Tbh, I call all these 3 'brackets'. Anyway, interesting observation.
Kinda surprised biancospino commented on the use of the word 'bracket' but not the use of the word 'observation' which also has relevance to quantum physics.

To be clear, I don't think either 'brackets' or 'observation' were crumbing but also don't think it was pro-town of bianco to be asking.
In post 76, biancospino wrote:
In post 72, JasonWazza wrote: Actually, you know what i want to ask this, does everyone have Reality feels unstable in their role PM?
I do
Me three.

In post 90, Doctor Drew wrote: Bianco, why so worried about votes on heip(thank you for the shorthand suggestion lol).
This gives me scummy vibes about Drew.
In post 103, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
Yep. I think it's clear being in the box is not a good thing, at least. So let's get mafia in there.

So where should we start? Like:
VOTE: imagine as a pressure post for having the least post count?

So, imagine, do you have any thought on this game currently, either about the mechanic or the reads on players?
Hope you've enjoyed my pointless setup spec.
In terms of reads, I can see why you got votes (the 'maybe scum don't exist! Maybe being put in the box is a good thing!' type of stuff doesn't look great but I think you're genuine.
In post 137, Merlyn wrote:
In post 134, Doctor Drew wrote: Why unvote them Merlyn?
not ready for them to die yet
I don't think scum unvote town on E-1 here, and I don't think scum unvote their buddy. I think Merlyn is town.

Drew and bianco are my scum vibes at the moment. I feel like bianco's case on heip in was a stretch but the one on Drew in feels better. And I did mislim bianco in our last game (we were both town) so

VOTE: Drew

Random aside I love how the vote counts are done in this game. Can see that coming in handy in later days
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:03 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 168, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 163, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 103, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
So where should we start? Like:
VOTE: imagine as a pressure post for having the least post count?

So, imagine, do you have any thought on this game currently, either about the mechanic or the reads on players?
This feels weird.

It's interesting that you immediately looked for someone to pressure and asked their thoughts on the game, rather than offering your own thoughts.
Nah, I was just trying to kick off the game out of rvs so I call the one with the least post out. I'd originally ask him to join the discussion on the setup, and the thread turned out to attack me (sad)
I had no problems with your vote on me. Assuming you didn't have significant scum vibes from anyone else then sure why not vote me.

Just to manage expectations though I'm far from the most active poster on here. And NZ timezone also means chat can happen when I'm at work or asleep. But with this game only being 7 pages rather than 70 I'm sure I can pull my weight here.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:39 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 237, Merlyn wrote: @Imaginality- I'm rereading your case on drew in 169, and what did you mean to link to when you said you liked the case for Drew in 146?

Typo, I meant about Drew already discussing multiple possibilities for associatives.
In post 250, biancospino wrote:
In post 249, Doctor Drew wrote: Point to where I said they could be partners please.

This discredit attempt is unlike you.....Io sono deluso.
"going out of your way" implies strong intent to me.
Ircher keeps going out of their way to WK Heip, and I am trying to figure out THAT motivation.
See, that would be the
other
interpretation but I though you were sr'ing heip?
This makes me think Drew and Ircher aren't scumbuddies because I don't think scum!Drew would call out scum!Ircher for wk-ing town!Heip.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:28 am

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: Merlyn
I get a vibe of looking for reasons to cast suspicion rather than genuine trying to sort.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:16 am

Post by imaginality »

@mod: is "morning 1" (rather than morning 2) a typo, or correct?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:18 am

Post by imaginality »

Trying on the off chance:

open box
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:39 pm

Post by imaginality »

@mod: votecount please
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 410, Doctor Drew wrote: Also happy birthday Ircher!

Sorry you are scum.
Is this a guilty claim?
Or just gameplay based?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

That's... quite a claim.

I'm not sure that's what the flip said, it talked about dead and alive Merlyn not town and scum Merlyn?

But I really doubt scum would fakeclaim to have been scum!?! So that means you must be town which means... this game is weird as fuck.

Which... well, that tracks...

Do you and Ircher still share a PT?

I'm interested that Ircher's voting Drew while you're voting ceejay.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: Drew

Drew's response to Jason feels like Drew knows ceejay isn't scum, and the only people who could know that are the new scum...

(Well barring cop inno results but if alignments can change like Jason and Ircher are saying then cop results are worthless)

Pedit: 431 is really bad

VOTE: ceejay
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by imaginality »

Ngl, having to junk all of D1 since people's alignments could've changed makes this a challenge.

I'm struggling to see with this setup why scum won't just claim the next day (assuming alignments change each night) which gives us two innos ish each day...

Actually to be fair ceejay does have a point:

@Jason: why would this setup be broken if only one scum changed alignment rather than both?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:29 am

Post by imaginality »

With that resolved, I can confirm what heip said.

Kinda wary though because I feel like there must be more twists to this setup or else it's always in current-scum interests to no-kill to give future-town-including-them better chance of winning.

Although I guess with alignments changing it actually doesn't make much difference. Since we as town have to figure out who the new scum are which can be anyone.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:07 am

Post by imaginality »

The same.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:08 am

Post by imaginality »

And yes, we can see your earlier conversation.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #471 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

Confirming I'm now a townie again.

And I agree with Jason. If scum change each day then there's no benefit to them to kill a townie. If it leads to a scum win chances are it won't be a them win as they'll more likely be town than scum by then.

If we have to lim compared to no lim, then we need to lim scum because otherwise ultimately it gets down to 2v2 and whoever happens to be scum then will win, at the expense of all the dead townies. So there's kinda motivation to scum hunt and for scum to hide? It's just a constricted type of scum hunting since they weren't scum previous days. Maybe we can see difference in gameplay.

If on the other hand, we can no lim and do so, and scum no lim too, then hmm, maybe we get to live happily ever after?

Obviously all this with a caveat of who knows what further shenanigans may be afoot.

VOTE: no lim
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #474 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:39 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 473, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 471, imaginality wrote: If we have to lim compared to no lim, then we need to lim scum because otherwise ultimately it gets down to 2v2 and whoever happens to be scum then will win, at the expense of all the dead townies. So there's kinda motivation to scum hunt and for scum to hide? It's just a constricted type of scum hunting since they weren't scum previous days. Maybe we can see difference in gameplay.
Just to be clear, your forgetting the wording of the Scum PM.
In post 0, bugspray wrote: You win when
all
Quantum Townies are dead.
Even if you hit 2v2 and are scum, it means nothing.
I'm not forgetting the wording. But when it's 2v2 scum can force no lim, kill and then it's 1v2 next day and they win. Even given alignments can change there's still 2/3 chance they're scum again in the 1v2 so it is clearly to their advantage to force the no lim at 2v2.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Post by imaginality »

As for "you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated" isn't that pretty standard wording? I think you're reading too much into it.

I'm happy to play the guessing the scum game if that's the way we want to go. Just seems mean making two people lose as scum in a game when their alignment has been changing compared to being constantly them v us.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #476 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

The mod is a threat to the town since they keep turning us to scum randomly.

VOTE: bugspray
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #479 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:41 pm

Post by imaginality »

To be clear, I don't want to make it a scum win. I think scum should no kill also and everyone lives happyily ever after.
Right now is there is no reason for them to kill since there's only 1/3 chance they stay scum the next day, so this is in their interests as well as ours.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:54 pm

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: No lim
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by imaginality »

Based on the mod's warning, I've come up with a theory which seems plausible to me:

Point 1:
The "mafia PT" in the night phase is a neighborhood with a vig shot, members randomly rotating (or perhaps via some sequence, not sure).
True alignment is something hidden, not just if you're in the PT or not.

Point 2: the real scum can do something in the morning phase and I suspect they choose who flips, whenever there are two in the box.

Conclusion: this means we can scum hunt as normal. But have to be cautious in the PT as if a true-scum is in there they would be trying to get us to target town.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by imaginality »

So far, yes. But if my theory is right and if we get true-scum in the box then they might rather not let the true-scum flip, so the pattern could break.

Re. Your theory about morning... I initially wondered that cos I called for a vote count the morning before I was in the PT. But I didn't see anyone do anything much yesterday morning. Maybe once the current PT viewers flip after this morning phase and claim we can narrow down whether that theory is possible or not
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 491, JasonWazza wrote: Also a note, i'm going to be requesting the Dead players alignments when day starts again, since i still feel a bit iffy about the answer i was given regarding that.
I mean, the mod can lie to us so even a perfectly clear answer can't be fully trusted.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:10 am

Post by imaginality »

Ircher and Jason claimed being the D1-N1-M1 scum.
Heip and I claimed being the D2-N2-M2 scum.
No one has yet claimed being the D3-N3-M3 scum.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:22 am

Post by imaginality »

Merlyn was put in D1,
Axolotl was put in N1,
Merlyn flipped town end of M1,
CJ was put in D2,
no one was put in N2,
Axolotl flipped town end of M2,
no one was put in D3,
Heip was put in N3,
no one flipped end of M3
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:22 am

Post by imaginality »

Who was scum with you N3 Ircher?
And why did you box heip?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #524 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:28 am

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: Ircher
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #528 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by imaginality »

Drew, can you explain more about why you NKed heip?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #530 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

So you didn't discuss it at all?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #542 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:06 am

Post by imaginality »

So there's who left now, me, bianco and Doctor Drew?

And after this morning we'll get a flip of heip or Ircher or Jason or ceejay. Or no one.

I still have no idea what's going on so will just assume my theory is right and one of you two are scum, and vote accordingly once we're through this morning phase.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #544 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:38 am

Post by imaginality »

I disagree because I still think the scum PT is a red herring. I will play it as though one of you has been secretly truescum throughout this game. Compared to just going on play from after this morning phase ends.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #545 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:40 am

Post by imaginality »

I'm pretty interested to see how many of us gain access to the PT today. If 2 of us do that's pretty much proof my theory is right.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #553 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

Confirming I'm not in the scum PT today.

Assuming 1 truescum remaining (or else it's game over) my guess is heip was scum; that the game set-up is still like I said; and that scum decided they didn't want to let heip flip so they chose to let the townies flip instead.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: Doctor Drew
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #565 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

Having read the mod thread I am still unconvinced this is a playable setup. Maybe if it was nightless compared to scum having a night action?

But hey experiments are experiments for a reason. Thanks for modding, bugspray and qm camille!

All the escapees dying is pretty funny. But if they'd all escaped this game could have become massively tedious. Maybe that rule would work better if when they escape they get a one shot dayvig for the next day phase or something?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”