Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 324, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 323, Aureal wrote: You were in the only scum game I've had since 2006. Which was multiball. Barely even counts. :?
Fire and Ice? I can't even remember it lol.

Just thought it was odd you made a point to say that you don't know how useful scum daytalk is, even if it had been ages since you were scum.
-Devil Drew(shout out to Merlyn for the name)
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:18 pm

In post 320, camelCasedSnivy wrote: its not double day its double day every other day

also the second lim doesn't happen if scum

and IF evs still arent in our favor we could just... not use the sac for the time being
This is the thing with you, you want as many lims as possible.....which seems bonkers to me.

How does this help town?

-Befuddled Devil Drew
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 319, Merlyn wrote:
In post 314, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I guess my qualm with [p]181[/p] is - why is this something worth voting over when at least one person was going to be yeeted out via Sacrifice anyway? Two day eliminations is quite punishing for the town (Double Day setup is 13 town vs 3 scum), but even assuming that Merlyn doesn't know that, what is the material difference between the two options? It seems like a fairly minor point of disagreement imo.
Some of this is greek to me. No idea if you're right or wrong, no idea if that setup applies to this game. It is a fairly minor point, I have to give you that, but like, yeah and? What is anybody going to be pushing early D1 that's not a minor point? Your push on me is over something pretty minor.

I don't even like RC's responses (or non responses) to my vote. Basically they've let two other folks do the arguing for them- when they finally addressed it, it wasn't even to me directly, but to the two folks arguing in his favor. It feels lurky to me.

My take on Devil and Marci is TvT. Devil Drew is playing the way I've grown to expect him to as town which is looking for loose strings to pull and seeing if anything unravels. I get the thought process behind the snivy vote, don't know if I agree yet or not, but the vote itself is not inherently scummy. Marci's confidence strikes me as town, that kind of posting without careful evaluation and reevaluation I see from scum a lot.

I have to think more about the Cakez thing. My first impulse it that it's overblown but I don't know- it is kind of weird to say you're keeping your random vote stage vote until...I guess it's not more random? And then voting anyway, for a lurker. It's like little pings.
Walk me through this "Marci and Devil are TvT" thought process a little more, atm that read feels way too premature. I have my own reasons for town reading Marci, but I don't get how you landed on town!Marci here.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm well aware that some people consider it vital. I don't share that experience at this point, so I'm curious whether that idea is widespread here.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:39 pm

In post 328, Aureal wrote: I'm well aware that some people consider it vital. I don't share that experience at this point, so I'm curious whether that idea is widespread here.
Probably a playstyle thing, personally I love a PT with daytalk, even if a masonry/hood......very helpful to bounce ideas off of someone/someones......so if I were scum, I would hate losing it.

But ya, can be worse not having it later in the game.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:40 pm

In post 329, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 328, Aureal wrote: I'm well aware that some people consider it vital. I don't share that experience at this point, so I'm curious whether that idea is widespread here.
Probably a playstyle thing, personally I love a PT with daytalk, even if a masonry/hood......very helpful to bounce ideas off of someone/someones......so if I were scum, I would hate losing it.

-Fuck me.....Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:45 pm

And you say you hate hydras...

- Alianna
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 330, Deal With The Devil wrote:

-Fuck me.....Drew
Buy a girl a drink first
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 327, Roden wrote:
In post 314, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I guess my qualm with [p]181[/p] is - why is this something worth voting over when at least one person was going to be yeeted out via Sacrifice anyway? Two day eliminations is quite punishing for the town (Double Day setup is 13 town vs 3 scum), but even assuming that Merlyn doesn't know that, what is the material difference between the two options? It seems like a fairly minor point of disagreement imo.
Some of this is greek to me. No idea if you're right or wrong, no idea if that setup applies to this game. It is a fairly minor point, I have to give you that, but like, yeah and? What is anybody going to be pushing early D1 that's not a minor point? Your push on me is over something pretty minor.

I don't even like RC's responses (or non responses) to my vote. Basically they've let two other folks do the arguing for them- when they finally addressed it, it wasn't even to me directly, but to the two folks arguing in his favor. It feels lurky to me.

My take on Devil and Marci is TvT. Devil Drew is playing the way I've grown to expect him to as town which is looking for loose strings to pull and seeing if anything unravels. I get the thought process behind the snivy vote, don't know if I agree yet or not, but the vote itself is not inherently scummy. Marci's confidence strikes me as town, that kind of posting without careful evaluation and reevaluation I see from scum a lot.

I have to think more about the Cakez thing. My first impulse it that it's overblown but I don't know- it is kind of weird to say you're keeping your random vote stage vote until...I guess it's not more random? And then voting anyway, for a lurker. It's like little pings.
Walk me through this "Marci and Devil are TvT" thought process a little more, atm that read feels way too premature. I have my own reasons for town reading Marci, but I don't get how you landed on town!Marci here.
Why don't you let me know what you don't understand about it and I'll clarify
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 302, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i was trying to find a way to make sacrifice work, if not now then later so eh
What did you mean by this? Do you think Sacrifice should be used today, or were you playing devil's advocate?
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:51 pm

In post 331, Deal With The Devil wrote:

And you say you hate hydras...

- Alianna
Fuck every hydra that isn't you and me, especially the hydra I had with the mod.
In post 332, Merlyn wrote:
In post 330, Deal With The Devil wrote:

-Fuck me.....Drew
Buy a girl a drink first
25 year old Glenlivet?
In post 333, Merlyn wrote:
In post 327, Roden wrote:

Why don't you let me know what you don't understand about it and I'll clarify
I actually am with Roden here, elaborate on your Marci town read please.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:53 pm

In post 334, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 302, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i was trying to find a way to make sacrifice work, if not now then later so eh
What did you mean by this? Do you think Sacrifice should be used today, or were you playing devil's advocate?
+1, why did you want to make Sacrifice work?

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:58 pm

I don't think Sacrifice is a good idea to use today. I would rather wait until we have a collective POE and we know what we want to do with the money, potentially after some upgrades. If we do use Sacrifice and hit scum, we can use Assassination to get the double kill and don't have to burn money on an Autopsy. That plan is better if we have Trading Outpost though because then we don't give the Insurgence a guaranteed $20k.

- Alianna
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:03 pm

In post 337, Deal With The Devil wrote: I don't think Sacrifice is a good idea to use today. I would rather wait until we have a collective POE and we know what we want to do with the money, potentially after some upgrades. If we do use Sacrifice and hit scum, we can use Assassination to get the double kill and don't have to burn money on an Autopsy. That plan is better if we have Trading Outpost though because then we don't give the Insurgence a guaranteed $20k.

- Alianna
Just to clarify,
@mod - if we use Sacrifice and our target is an Insurgent, we don't get the money, correct?

- Alianna
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 338, Deal With The Devil wrote:
Just to clarify,
@mod - if we use Sacrifice and our target is an Insurgent, we don't get the money, correct?

- Alianna
That's correct. If the target of Sacrifice is an Insurgent, the Sacrifice project has no effect.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

OK I'm back and I'm going to start reading up on this game. Give me time please.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

You never addressed to me what was even scummy about the idea. So it’s not productive for me to draw it out. Isn’t even an angle I was going to continue bringing up and I said as much.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

OK so some basic questions.

1) Is this a bastard game? Because Inquiry makes it sound like the moderator can lie to us.

2) Do players not flip after being eliminated? (Looking at Autopsy)

3) With Census, does it still work if, for example, 3/5 of them are Scum? If only 1 of them are Scum then it doesn't work?

4) So with Sacrifice you can just select someone and kill but confirm them as Town, or basically get a guilty on them if they don't die? Is this a Night action or a Day action?

5) I don't understand the point of Raffle.

6) They should change the "Hurt" tags to "Select" tags, or add in that option.

7) "No player has any non-factional special ability" means we're all Vanilla?

Reading through now.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 342, Random Nurse wrote: OK so some basic questions.

1) Is this a bastard game? Because Inquiry makes it sound like the moderator can lie to us.
In that aspect, yes, but possible mod lies should be the only bastard element.
Only if an ability to hide the flip is used.
3) With Census, does it still work if, for example, 3/5 of them are Scum? If only 1 of them are Scum then it doesn't work?
It says exactly 2, I'd take it at its word.
4) So with Sacrifice you can just select someone and kill but confirm them as Town, or basically get a guilty on them if they don't die? Is this a Night action or a Day action?
Projects are voted for during the day, and whoever voted for it will form a council to decide the target at night.
Yeah... uh... It's something to do if we somehow don't have anything else available, I guess?

Yeah, the abilities on the board are what we have to solve the game. Scum have some factional ability, which may or may not be a nightkill.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:36 pm

In post 342, Random Nurse wrote: OK so some basic questions.

6) They should change the "Hurt" tags to "Select" tags, or add in that option.

Reading through now.
1. Yes, mod misdirection is possible.
2. Refer to .
3. We discover if exactly 2/5 are Insurgents.
4. We would vote for Sacrifice during the day, but the voters would be added to a Council PT at night to determine the target. If the target is a Citizen, they die and the Utopians gain $20k. If they are an Insurgent, the ability does nothing.
5. Neither do I.
6. That would be convenient, but we've got what we've got and it works well enough.
7. Correct.

- Alianna
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:02 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

HURT: Printing Press

I feel like
Inquiry
would be a good option too, to tell if the mod has lied or not?

RCenigma
: "We get an immediate result,
we can NoKill on it
, and it doesn’t finance insurgence." What do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure it still kills the player if they're Town?

marcistar
: I do like this question, and it felt a bit like RCenigma deflected slightly with sarcasm? If you encourage sacrificing people you should be OK with stepping up to the plate.

Regarding
Sacrifice
we don't have any idea how many members of Scum there are, so if we do sacrifice a Townie that gives Scum one step closer to victory in terms of numbers.

I think I for sure want
Printing Press
to get more powerful options. I think we should use it at least once to gauge just how valuable it may actually be. Not really understanding marci's resolution NOT to vote for
Printing Press

The money can't be banked???

Aureal strikes me as Townish currently.

It's probably a far stretch to think that using
Printing Press
could unlock something like a Bank mechanic to save $$$.

I don't think I'm in favor of using
Sacrifice
right now: it feels like a double-edged sword.

If we use
Trading Post
now then we reap the benefit over the entire game, right?

I think I agree with Devil about not pushing through Sacrifice. I don't think it's safe.

If possible I'm thinking
Printing Press
and
Trading Post
. OK, so they can't both be done at once.
Printing Press
and
Intelligentia
or
Inquiry

I think the only people I have slight experience with is Merlyn and Roden and that's it.

I don't think I understand all the votes on Merlyn.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 335, Deal With The Devil wrote:
25 year old Glenlivet?
Am I...in the Whiskey Pocket(TM)??????
I actually am with Roden here, elaborate on your Marci town read please.
Are you asking what I mean by towny confidence, or? I'll quotes the posts I mean if so
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:03 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 341, RCEnigma wrote:
You never addressed to me what was even scummy about the idea. So it’s not productive for me to draw it out. Isn’t even an angle I was going to continue bringing up and I said as much.

Okay- sacrifice isn't just like the lim only with 20K like you said in , we only get the money if we hit town. Which- we don't want to do, we want to hit a wolf. And a lim is free, right? We get to have two projects plus a lim. It's like 3 actions in my mind. Plus, it's not like trading post, the money is a one time thing from my understanding.

So to me you were pushing an idea that would a) take our 3 actions down to 2; b) only benefit us more than the third missing action if we fucked up; c) even if we got the benefit, it may not benefit us at all bc we don't know that the billboard is like, we don't even have 2 days worth of billboard to compare. It seems like a great way for scum to have us waste an action and potentially get nothing in a future day to boot.

I did see you kind of hand wave the idea away after marci brought some of this up already, I can't find the post but you literally we like 'ehh', and it just pinged me as a gambit scum could easily try and drop after.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by biancospino »

//