Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-VI

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Flowers picture Attribution
UpstateNYer, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons (with alterations)

execution votes
Merlyn (3):
Aureal (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Roden ()
Roden (2):
RCEnigma (), PenguinPower ()
PenguinPower (1):
camelCasedSnivy ()
RCEnigma (1):
Merlyn ()
camelcasedSnivy (1):
Deal With The Devil ()
HighFlyingDwarf (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (4):
Random Nurse, HighFlyingDwarf, marcistar, meowmeow ()

projects votes
Bureau of Investigations (4):
Aureal (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy (), SirCakez ()
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), Roden ()
Neighborhood Watch (1):
Merlyn ()
Election Security (1):
Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()

Not voting (2):
HighFlyingDwarf, Deal With The Devil ()

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-08 09:00:00).
  • Random Nurse is V/LA on Thursdays, Frydays and Saturdays.
  • It has become apparent that I'm not going to be able to keep up with writing some flavor for each VC, so from now on I'm probably going to put flavor in, like, on VC per irl day. Maybe more, but no promises.
Last edited by biancospino on Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 337, Deal With The Devil wrote: I don't think Sacrifice is a good idea to use today. I would rather wait until we have a collective POE and we know what we want to do with the money, potentially after some upgrades. If we do use Sacrifice and hit scum, we can use Assassination to get the double kill and don't have to burn money on an Autopsy. That plan is better if we have Trading Outpost though because then we don't give the Insurgence a guaranteed $20k.

- Alianna
I agree with a lot of this, but where are you getting that the 20K goes to the insurgents if we don't get it?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

So when I first brought up sacrifice as an immediate result, I thought it worked like, if we use it and it hit a townie they would just flip and the action of getting extra budget would be a tomorrow thing. I didn’t read the rule about the targeting needing a council of only the people that voted it. So the alternative to me was have all players possible vote it to be in the council. Minus two, this makes it more like a duel mechanic but I can see the drawback of not having the two candidates present, that’s what the day phase is for though.

My counter to the 3 actions versus 2 thing is that I fully understand using sacrifice on top of the day elimination has the potential to put town in a hole. I don’t gamble that hard. But the day elim has the potential to hit town regardless and we get nothing from it where the sacrifice does still benefit town if we miss. Does that make sense? Mitigate the maximum damage by not using the day lim. Use the sacrifice which doesn’t fund scum at all this night phase, also get an extra pt with the town in it, possibly gain budget. The con is we might hit town but that’s a risk that exists even if sacrifice isn’t used.

I don’t see it is scum sided but enough people disagreed that I didn’t feel like it was worth pursuing anymore. I don’t think my mind is fully changed on utilizing it, but I’m not going to campaign more for its support.

Also I said Marci can use me for her sacrifice Guinea pig. The first time was sarcastic cuz yeah what a way to go in your first game back but the second time it’s fine, if they feel I’m the scum for bringing it up then go for it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:21 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I think that kind of addresses both random and Merlyn.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:21 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 279, RCEnigma wrote: Hi cakes, big fan. What do you think about the devil hydra so far? Outside of even the direct stuff dealing with you/Marci.
For visibility cakes.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:47 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 326, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 320, camelCasedSnivy wrote: its not double day its double day every other day

also the second lim doesn't happen if scum

and IF evs still arent in our favor we could just... not use the sac for the time being
This is the thing with you, you want as many lims as possible.....which seems bonkers to me.

How does this help town?

-Befuddled Devil Drew
more lims :D
In post 334, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 302, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i was trying to find a way to make sacrifice work, if not now then later so eh
What did you mean by this? Do you think Sacrifice should be used today, or were you playing devil's advocate?
well clearly it doesn't work but i like doubling down on ideas to find a way to make it work so the latter
master at being scum(my)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:12 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Lol I like you snivy.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:13 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Anyone here think they are decent at reading roden?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:21 am

nope
master at being scum(my)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 345, Random Nurse wrote:
I don't think I understand all the votes on Merlyn.
What part? And what's your Merlyn read?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

@Mod
is Autopsy revealed as public information or is it revealed to voters of autopsy only?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:42 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 360, RCEnigma wrote:
@Mod
is Autopsy revealed as public information or is it revealed to voters of autopsy only?
The result of investigative project, including Autopsy, are revealed publicly, unless otherwise specified or unless some game effect suppresses the public announcement.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:43 am

what if the amount of money we spend correlates to how many kills mafia gets
master at being scum(my)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

A kill would have to be 60k then no?
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 351, Merlyn wrote:
In post 337, Deal With The Devil wrote: I don't think Sacrifice is a good idea to use today. I would rather wait until we have a collective POE and we know what we want to do with the money, potentially after some upgrades. If we do use Sacrifice and hit scum, we can use Assassination to get the double kill and don't have to burn money on an Autopsy. That plan is better if we have Trading Outpost though because then we don't give the Insurgence a guaranteed $20k.

- Alianna
I agree with a lot of this, but where are you getting that the 20K goes to the insurgents if we don't get it?
If we hit scum with a Sacrifice, we don't get the $20K bonus and therefore only have $60K to spend the next day. Assassination costs $60K, so if we were to use it to kill the confscum, which would be the most efficient way to use an Assassination due to the lack of flip not mattering, we would only be able to do that one project and setup-specific rule 7 would kick in. Increasing the budget would prevent this problem from happening.
Mind you, we also don't know how much money the Insurgence gets when we do spend it on projects. So idk.

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:02 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 7, biancospino wrote:
Injunction ($30,000)
-- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
@mod - does "the vote for execution of target Utopian" mean "execution votes cast by the target Utopian" or "votes cast to execute the target Utopian"?

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:38 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 365, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 7, biancospino wrote:
Injunction ($30,000)
-- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
@mod - does "the vote for execution of target Utopian" mean "execution votes cast by the target Utopian" or "votes cast to execute the target Utopian"?

- Alianna
The former.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:21 am

the entire section for voting makes me paranoid that mafia can change the vote drastically, like a governor for example
master at being scum(my)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 352, RCEnigma wrote: So when I first brought up sacrifice as an immediate result, I thought it worked like, if we use it and it hit a townie they would just flip and the action of getting extra budget would be a tomorrow thing. I didn’t read the rule about the targeting needing a council of only the people that voted it. So the alternative to me was have all players possible vote it to be in the council. Minus two, this makes it more like a duel mechanic but I can see the drawback of not having the two candidates present, that’s what the day phase is for though.

My counter to the 3 actions versus 2 thing is that I fully understand using sacrifice on top of the day elimination has the potential to put town in a hole. I don’t gamble that hard. But the day elim has the potential to hit town regardless and we get nothing from it where the sacrifice does still benefit town if we miss. Does that make sense? Mitigate the maximum damage by not using the day lim. Use the sacrifice which doesn’t fund scum at all this night phase, also get an extra pt with the town in it, possibly gain budget. The con is we might hit town but that’s a risk that exists even if sacrifice isn’t used.

I don’t see it is scum sided but enough people disagreed that I didn’t feel like it was worth pursuing anymore. I don’t think my mind is fully changed on utilizing it, but I’m not going to campaign more for its support.

Also I said Marci can use me for her sacrifice Guinea pig. The first time was sarcastic cuz yeah what a way to go in your first game back but the second time it’s fine, if they feel I’m the scum for bringing it up then go for it.
Okay, I can see a world where this is just you and I disagreeing on how good a strategy is. I think I'd give you more town points for volunteering as tribute if sacrifice was like the leading project instead of seemingly a no-go, but yeah, okay. UNVOTE:
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 362, camelCasedSnivy wrote: what if the amount of money we spend correlates to how many kills mafia gets
In post 367, camelCasedSnivy wrote: the entire section for voting makes me paranoid that mafia can change the vote drastically, like a governor for example
yeah I get that, but I just figure it's all academic at least until one day and night has gone down and we have something to take a look at. Like we could spin our wheels endlessly talking about it D1 but it doesn't really help us go forward I think.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:33 am

ok then lets wagon penguin now :D
master at being scum(my)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 364, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 351, Merlyn wrote:

- Alianna
If we hit scum with a Sacrifice, we don't get the $20K bonus and therefore only have $60K to spend the next day. Assassination costs $60K, so if we were to use it to kill the confscum, which would be the most efficient way to use an Assassination due to the lack of flip not mattering, we would only be able to do that one project and setup-specific rule 7 would kick in. Increasing the budget would prevent this problem from happening.
Mind you, we also don't know how much money the Insurgence gets when we do spend it on projects. So idk.

- Alianna
I think I'm understanding that part, including why this plan would be better with Trading Post. But like you just said, we don't know what the 'watch out you might fund the insurgents' thing means, and it sounded to me in the original post like you were saying that if town doesnt get the 20K on the flip for hitting town, that the scum get 20K instead, and I was wondering where you'd gotten that idea
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 370, camelCasedSnivy wrote: ok then lets wagon penguin now :D