Emperor flippyNips (1):
Elements
Save The Dragons (1):
Morning Tweet
OopsieDaisy (1):
curiouskarmadog

Not voting (1):
Emperor flippyNips

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to drive someone out of town.

The sun will set in (expired on 2023-07-17 21:00:00).

Notes:
  • My attentiveness to this game has not been up to my usual standards as a mod and I apologize. I'll try and pull it together for the remainder.
just checking do we like both furtive + dragons as scum partners pushing clidd while an all-town wagon (assuming gerain) is going after furtive? this is pretty high risk of furtive goes down. then both following you onto snivy at the end of the phase?

it kind of feels like if dragons & furtive were partners they did as much as possible to seem associated lmao

i should probably do some deeper reading
That really inst that strong of an association as it isnt like furt is only at e-3 aswell as everyones else votes are dispersed. And it wouldnt be first time that scum had a wagon pretty much to themselves.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 4.1

Save The Dragons [ 2 ]
bob3141, humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey [ 1 ]
save the dragons
bob3141 [ 1 ]
Elements

Not Voting [ 3 ]

geraintm, the worst, curiouskarmadog

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-08-08 11:31:31)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:14 am

Post by bob3141 »

Also it should be highly likely that scum are simply triple goons.

There were two reasons i did the vague claim plus nk speculation. Is that i wanted to first just get players talking and second to see how players react to a possible town rolecop claim as that would be first assumption of be saying there was a 3rd mason. If scum had a pr i would appear to them as a defacto cop should we get the 2nd goon last day. So i was looking to see how bing the player i was sure was scum would react. It was pretty clear that he wasnt worried about the possibility, Thus, its clear even if rolecop fit (which it wouldnt) it would have no chance of finding a guilty.

So teh set up is prob 3 mason, mason finder and 3 goons

the mason finder acts as an informed towny that also reveals their info on flip. As well as slight boost as they would noraly be able to easily find a town block and thus solve.

3 masons, motion detector and 3 goons in 15p so a slightly boosted pr would make sense. Since one misexecution has been dropped
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:17 am

Post by bob3141 »

Dragon didnt bat an eye lid.

HEM on the otherhand probed and if he was scum he would know that that line of questioning would be irrelavant from scum POV as he would prob know that what ever invest pr i had was weak. And that it wouldnt be able to spot any of teh scum during the night. As rolecop and vannila cop both spot goons as VTs
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I very rarely talk mech
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: bob

would also go hem

i'm sorry this is probably disappointing fypov. i don't really find your case on dragons convincing. i think i've explained the stuff i've seen (albeit surface & limited). asking me to elaborate or stuff i'm not seeing is, like, something that sounds challenging but kinda stops me being able to engage. :lol:

dragons reads kinda unaligned to me. bob reads scum motivated. i don't really have much on hem, i get dragons' point and find hem's towncase for themself less convincing than dragons' notes on scum!hem :(

i'll go make sure i'm not sinning
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Curiouskarmadog has been prodded.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

the_worst you shouldn't be so convinced about std's case.

if you can read the thread, it's easy to refute each of it:
In post 2099, Save The Dragons wrote: my belief that it is HEM is that they come in guns blazing on Roden but
kind of ignores when Greeting does a similar thing
. When the Roden wagon goes through, they lurk through d2 to avoid drawing suspicion and to try and keep out of the forefront of people's minds.

from today HEM was going on bob but switched to me when I went after them. as scum he had to because i'm threatening his wincon.

I think bob is possible too but i think the pattern of behavior is more likely to come from scum
(1) since DAY 1, I was on Greeting. Day 2, I parked my vote there the whole day.
(2) STD has been in my PoE since Day 2. This isn't news. As town, I have to do this because this is also my wincon.
(3) the last part isn't even a point

the_worst please climb out of your lazy POV. i'm disappointed.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:10 pm

you are reading both bob and i as scummy but you should understand that this is also what both of us would have been doing as town, too.

frankly I'm kinda irked that you're finding std's weaksauce last stand as more convincing than both our efforts combined and this is sad.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:13 pm

metaphorically speaking, i will slap and splash water on your face right now and shake the living hell out of your rigid body and slap your face some more if i can.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:14 pm

I didn't even fucking lurk day 2. I was as active just not as active day 1.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:16 pm

come on man, give me some spirit. you're breaking my heart. let's see some re-reads, deep isos... anything. come on.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:32 pm

In post 1937, curiouskarmadog wrote: jesus, it is almost like we are starting over.

at any rate, already told the mod.
i am gone between 08/01 to be back 08/07
shea
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm goin from pg 1 as w speak !! first 10 pages are pretty dry, it's mostly now-confirmed town + you + klick circularly casing people who've now flipped town in kinda unsatisfying ways

novel mentions so far

hem:
- convo around + with furtive feels kinda forced for an rvs thing, quick to move vote from furtive to mt. this isn't damning just something i'd bully you for if i was around in rvs.
- furtive's reads in have you hard town; el maybe town
- clidd's posts find you quite organic
- eager & engaged so far

bob:
- furtive greets bob's slot for no reason
there is nothing on this slot bc emperor lurked. i'll grant that emperor lurking with a negative utility role as town makes sense but i've already talked abt my observations here so i'm kinda bias checking...

savethedragons:
- clidd gives this slot a weak townread (i have no notes so far so klick has probably ignored contentious reads or now-flipped scum).
- i like klick picking semantic fights about their daisy reads at clidd after clidd townreads him.
- eager & engaged so far

gera:
- vote from clidd.
- this is a lurker so reading by gamestate, 161 has:

el
(4): ckd, gera,
greeting
, hem
gera (4):
mt
taku
oopsie
clidd

oopsie
(2): klick,
el

ckd (1):
roden

taku
(1):
furtive

nv (1): flippy

at this point, consider either:
- no scum are being wagoned (i.e. gera is town), or there is an all-town wagon on scum!gera who is lurking
- around furtive jumps in and makes a couple of aimless meta comments without addressing major wagons

i feel like this is a fairly good time to move his vote onto town!gera but i don't really know if it's very revealing of gera's alignment

getting to the good stuff just giving myself a foundation
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by the worst »

hem if you can cast your mind back i'm kind of interested in your motives on d1

around ur in the middle of an inquisition of oopsie over her mt read. you assess (correctly) that oopsie's read on mt is kind of overblown to generate content. in mt mentions a slight townread on you. in you switch your vote to takutai who is, like, a nonpresence. then in you mention that mt's over-defensiveness is kinda off.

did you vote someone other than mt because she townread you? given that was your angle did you not think voting mt would be interesting?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:07 pm

it was really early in the game and so my goal is always to generate as much reactions and interactions as i can for later days. takutai being a non-presence was exactly why i voted him instead of going for MT, for example. takutai was obviously cruming something, but i didn't buy that the way he was doing it was necessarily how town would crumb. it felt more to me like scum trying to pretend like he's a town pr so he can continue to lurk and do nothing. i voted because i thought it would actively get a reaction from takutai and anyone else. it was really early. then i realized if he was actually town, then i would be dragging a poor town pr into a mudfight and it wouldn't be right. i instead resolved to deal with the slot some other day (and then something else happened but at the time, this was my intention)

mt's overdefensiveness was an observation i made but not necessarily an alignment indicative one. i thought it wouldn't be productive to engage mt over this because mt has already been posting and making those reactions and interactions that i was wanting to provoke from everyone else.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by the worst »

in the early 400s. you're exceptionally difficult to be confident on in this game because we're in one of two realities.

1) you're scum. you rolled scum with furtive + greeting, and noted that you're capable of carrying the team as scum. furtive did work to distance from you well (, convo around ), while providing a fairly generic scum iso. not giving anything away, not really advancing the game, i get the impression he's playing it safe and not giving much away. kinda just hoping he wouldn't be caught too quickly. greeting is lower energy but also offers a pretty safe read on you in . i'm going to guess that greeting was planning on a lower energy game and got snagged by something later. issue being that there's a bunch of slots that both of them just, like, do not interact with (incl. bob & dragons), so it's not really obvious if this was the strategy or not.

2) you're just town, you're only really interacting with town and only pressuring town so far. scum are totally uninterested in you because you're high-energy, abrasive town who is only really causing problems for town so far. this isn't an insult, i think it's just a shake-out of the nature of this game; a lot of the active & contentious slots early are just town.

.... and unsurprisingly i just have no opinion on which reality we're in. gonna keep meditating on this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by the worst »

also realising ckd, as someone who is usually good at coming in swinging late in the game, is a nightmare to read in a mason game. because from the perspective of someone who is actually a vt, we have two teams to hunt - one we need to kill and one we don't. i guess i'm really excited for ckd to have more time to play w us.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:37 pm

In post 2117, the worst wrote: you're high-energy, abrasive town who is only really causing problems for town so far
that sounds like something i can put in my sig, bud
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:38 pm

yes i can carry a team and that means a team. making our strategy centered around my ability to solo-scum and win the game is not carrying the team.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by the worst »

i don't think those two are mutually exclusive. i don't think furtive approached this game phoning it in because he had you to carry. the opposite, i think it makes sense for furtive to be low-energy if he's comfortable with his team

& is such a fucking weird convo for greeting & furtive to both phone in if klick/dragons is scum :?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:43 pm

In post 2121, the worst wrote: i don't think those two are mutually exclusive. i don't think furtive approached this game phoning it in because he had you to carry. the opposite, i think it makes sense for furtive to be low-energy if he's comfortable with his team

& is such a fucking weird convo for greeting & furtive to both phone in if klick/dragons is scum :?
it is mutually exclusive. if I'm scum I'm NOT in a good position right now, day 3, day 2, and even day 1. it wouldn't have been so comfortable.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by the worst »

alright. i'm not very interested in talking to you about my read on you in a tonne of detail sorry but i'll take that under advisement & keep reading.

ultimately we need to find 2 town in [you, ckd, dragons, gera, bob]. there's probably 4 town there. assuming you aren't someone who can survive to endgame who are your picks for townies who do?

i get you're pretty deadset on dragons, do you have a second place?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:57 pm

karmadog for now. im still reevaluating geraintm. im tempted to say bob is townier.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”