Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:30 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1-XV

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

execution votes
SirCakez (4):
Cat Scratch Fever (), PenguinPower (), marcistar (), Merlyn ()
camelCasedSnivy (2):
Deal With The Devil (), Aureal ()
Flavor Leaf (2):
RCEnigma (), SirCakez ()
Merlyn (1):
Roden ()
PenguinPower (1):
meowmeow ()
marcistar (1):
Flavor Leaf ()

Not voting (2):
Random Nurse, camelCasedSnivy ()

projects votes
Bureau of Investigations (5):
Aureal (), meowmeow (), SirCakez (), Deal With The Devil (), Flavor Leaf ()
Trading Outpost (3):
PenguinPower (), RCEnigma (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Intelligentia (2):
Roden (), Cat Scratch Fever ()
Elected Jury (1):
marcistar ()
Printing Press (1):
Random Nurse ()
Election Security (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (0).

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-08 09:00:00).
  • Random Nurse is V/LA on Thursdays, Frydays and Saturdays.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

So I’ve been hanging onto a Marci townread from very early in the game. Initially I spent a bit of time fishing for tmi. Marci had some posting that was either super aware of that or just didn’t have setup information, or a group to discuss the setup with.

Maybe it’s reading too deep though. I’ve liked Marci’s headstrong play since then fwiw.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:19 am

Post by biancospino »

Prodding PenguinPower.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: snivy
<(") | (")>
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:27 am

Post by meowmeow »

ok so about fl and cakez;
In post 773, SirCakez wrote: I don't think this is not how town FL would be reacting here
You're literally going right into crazy accusations and trying to start a huge war/argument with me with a very bs claim that my vote on you was forced when if you read like any of the last five pages you'd know that I've been looking for someone to vote/suspect for a while now. Cmon that's just so wack.
i wasn't expecting to agree with fl here, especially since he doesn't agree with himself anymore apparently, but like... i think there's a valid concern here that isn't addressed. it makes sense that your threshold for 'scummy thing' is lower, but like, what's your thought process here that makes you think low initiative -> scum for fl specifically? i admit to not having played with him for a while, but from what i've seen so far this game, i'm highly doubtful he's changed at all for years; he delights in being scum and messing around with people and being exceptionally active, right?

and like... honestly my problem with fl's posts there wasn't that he had too little initiative, but too much. the defense on snivy going to the point of accusing people of hounding him so quickly was pretty bizarre to me, and as i said, he went harder than he needed to. so i'd like to at least hear more about the thought process behind this push

i don't really get devil's push on either which seems fine
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:37 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 862, Flavor Leaf wrote: keep the hounding coming, though
what's with all the hounds. this game is supposed to be cat themed
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:51 am

Post by meowmeow »

i think marci hasn't really been scummy, and there have been things i found town indicative. i'm not really interested in pressuring there to get a better read, because i think marci tends to react really badly to pressure and it makes the game messier and isn't necessarily actually helpful (sorry marci)

she's a hard slot to read because she tends to play in a more actively pro-town way as scum but reading her that way just means if she tries to like play to her wincon and stuff she gets punished for it which feels bad. i think the best approach is to read her mostly normally but keep in mind she can and often does stuff as town which most people find scummy. it's a hard balance to strike because it's not like the meta is super reliable at all but i don't think reading her normally is that likely to work either

it's probably worth noting that roden said earlier he townreads marci for slaying, which means scum marci is more likely to go out of her way to slay in this game?

regardless i still think the way she's gone about just pushing cakez and calling out fl as weird after he spammed is probably +town for her because, like, her posts don't feel guarded to me i guess?

i'd be interested to hear why devil is town - i'm not really feeling that right now. i'd also be interested to hear why i am town given i was like hounding snivy or something yesterday. (apparently, the american shorthair cat might be the closest equivalent, given how adept it is at hunting mice. that's interesting right?)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:52 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 903, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: snivy
hi
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:16 am

Post by meowmeow »

ok so i'm town leaning on cakez now actually. i still want him to explain the fl push but i'm not really

VOTE: deal with the devil

i think this is a better vote than pp right now, the push on cakez for the penguin post felt kind of ???. i'd like to hear an explanation but i feel like he's dodged that so far, and rn i kind of feel like the intention was to sheep fl except he didn't want to look like he just flip-flopped into sheeping fl after calling him out for the snivy thing, so he had to bring up something new
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:18 am

Post by meowmeow »

i am still squinting at aureal but she's trying to get into the game so i'll like, let her cook or whatever
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:21 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 873, Flavor Leaf wrote: My choice of Marcistar over RCE is I trust my ability to read RCE better as the game goes on, and I could see it possible theyre playing the way they are as town.

Question for you, why do you trust your ability to read RCE better than Marci? I saw that a few pages after this they mention that you two have only played once, and it was a long time ago (they weren't even sure you'd remember them).
Merlyn, idk. I think I got Merlyn Fever
I'm a pestilence that affects the best of us
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 878, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 319, Merlyn wrote:
In post 314, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I guess my qualm with [p]181[/p] is - why is this something worth voting over when at least one person was going to be yeeted out via Sacrifice anyway? Two day eliminations is quite punishing for the town (Double Day setup is 13 town vs 3 scum), but even assuming that Merlyn doesn't know that, what is the material difference between the two options? It seems like a fairly minor point of disagreement imo.
Some of this is greek to me. No idea if you're right or wrong, no idea if that setup applies to this game. It is a fairly minor point, I have to give you that, but like, yeah and? What is anybody going to be pushing early D1 that's not a minor point? Your push on me is over something pretty minor.

I don't even like RC's responses (or non responses) to my vote. Basically they've let two other folks do the arguing for them- when they finally addressed it, it wasn't even to me directly, but to the two folks arguing in his favor. It feels lurky to me.

My take on Devil and Marci is TvT. Devil Drew is playing the way I've grown to expect him to as town which is looking for loose strings to pull and seeing if anything unravels. I get the thought process behind the snivy vote, don't know if I agree yet or not, but the vote itself is not inherently scummy. Marci's confidence strikes me as town, that kind of posting without careful evaluation and reevaluation I see from scum a lot.

I have to think more about the Cakez thing. My first impulse it that it's overblown but I don't know- it is kind of weird to say you're keeping your random vote stage vote until...I guess it's not more random? And then voting anyway, for a lurker. It's like little pings.

damn, this reeks of Merlyn Scum with Marcistar tbh.
Why?
In post 880, Flavor Leaf wrote:
thank you, Roden, for calling this post out.

I believe I would have town read Marci at this point in the game as well.

Notice how Merlyn's comments focus more on why Drew is town rather than why marci is town here. It's giving a good reason why Drew is town, and then commenting on Cakez.

I think I gotta move ya down a tier, Merlyn.
If it's this post, I don't really get that- Devil got two whole sentences to my one about Marci, and I still think that what I said about Marci is okay for an early read. I'll have to accept the shame of being moved down in the FL tiers.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Merlyn »

I don't have a read on FL and I'm not expecting to anytime soon.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 897, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 873, Flavor Leaf wrote: My choice of Marcistar over RCE is I trust my ability to read RCE better as the game goes on, and I could see it possible theyre playing the way they are as town.

I do feel they are hiding behind a focus on my slot, and while they are commenting on some other stuff here and there, it almost feels like that's there to appease the fact they're hiding behind a focus on my slot.

I also feel like it's weird of them to try to prioritize solving me day 1 rather than attempting to work with me, which is also something they attempted to call me out on in regards to Cakez, while I actively was stating that I saw a world where Cakez was town in, so that's a bit odd.

Aureal had the weird backwards comparison when comparing this game to the last game when I feel they're super different, but since it's Cakez and I, and that's the only game they've seen me in, and it involves the same players there, I can see it.

Merlyn, idk. I think I got Merlyn Fever, so I'll probably wait for more flips to try and solve Merlyn. I have faith I can solve this slot correctly, but after the last game I got pocketed in while knowing I was in a pocket, makes me want to solve the slot more logically.
You might not recall the last game we played together because you have had more games in the 7 month + span I’ve been away from MS.

But I do recall it and you replaced into a scum slot and flipped the game on its head. And my approach to you that game was to back off and not engage with you and just read your play from a distance. It was not a successful way to approach it because you played me.

I don’t think anyone else I’ve played with here can really manipulate me in that manner.

Ftr I outlined what I was going to do as far as my focus and still keep in mind the rest of the gamestate. So calling me out for doing exactly what I said I’d do is dubious at best.

I still think it’s fair and possibly legit even if dubious.

Especially because you can sort without voting.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’ll answer some other stuff later.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:54 am

VOTE: Penguin

I dont mind condemning PengüinoPoder
master at being scum(my)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: marcistar who hasn't answered me either :cry:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:03 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 907, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 903, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: snivy
hi
hello
<(") | (")>
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Aureal »

Penguin, join the Marci wagon, it's fun. We have... Um... Popsicles?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:22 am

it seems i am a wagon now
master at being scum(my)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Aureal »

You're not any more a wagon than you were at the page top.
-furtiveglance
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:34 am

oh i forgot you were voting me
master at being scum(my)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 918, Aureal wrote: Penguin, join the Marci wagon, it's fun. We have... Um... Popsicles?
ok

I don't like popsicles, but I like wagons

VOTE: marci
<(") | (")>
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 786, SirCakez wrote: I feel like it's a complete waste of time talking to you since you just called my cancelled Penguin push scummy then admitted you haven't even read a Penguin post
I meant to answer the questions/concerns last night, but then got tired and the bed called my name(530 am wake up call).

Just seemed over the top to me and trying to find any angle to discredit FL. I hate when someones defense is finding even the tiniest of smoking guns, and I get getting upset(town or scum). But I also feel Cakez showed signs of frustration being run up as scum, even if he doesn't agree with the reasoning......trust me I have been there.

And I came after FL initially because I thought I could suss him out a bit, and it was probably more his back and forth with Cakez tbh, but I feel pretty good that I am seeing townFL.

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What’s everyone’s case on Penguin? I don’t see much anything AI, and it feels like they got pushed for their pop in a while back, which I didn’t feel anything inherently wrong with.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”