Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:20 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1874, bloodhail wrote: i think what you're doing here is forcefitting a read very hard - you want the team to be me/T3 more than it actually makes sense, and so you're taking posts that would have the most rational conclusion be that my slot and T3 are unaligned and assuming the opposite

the thing is, this is overly elaborate and scum generally do not play around each other like this

however, psychologically this is very hard because in your mind you have miscleared someone and it's very hard to take back that clear so you keep looking and staring hard at the posts from my slot and convincing yourself because they have to be scum with T3 rather than re-evaluating where you need to

it's funny beacause earlier i even said i felt like maybe i just
wanted
the team to be you/t3

and from your perspective the other worlds that made some sense to me previously would also be impossible,

like if you're town the problem isn't so much that i have miscleared someone as much as it is that i have miscondemned you, as i am trying to convince myself that those make sense because other things do not make sense, and those things are more concrete to me, if that makes sense

mostly this makes so much sense to me,
In post 1872, medeia wrote: chicagotypewriter actually would have been for you/t3 or pooky/t3, just kill me eliminate chicagotypewriter

and the associative things i feel like, if i try i can see it yeah, shrug
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:23 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1875, medeia wrote:
In post 1873, bloodhail wrote: to be clear i have done basically no encouragement of that, if you actually look at my words

yes i have expressed a scumread of skitter because in my initial reading i didn't like her posts/found them scummy. i explained why that is.

however i absolutely did not try to get her to vote pooky or for pooky to vote her - if anything pooky was egging her on which was kind of weird to me

it isn't the words as much as the stances that would encourage that, like i do not expect scum!you would say 'oh skitter should vote pooky' or anything,

pooky has been doing so throughout even when he said he was townreading her which was ...

which i guess maybe i assumed you knew, hm
i mean no, not really, i wasn't aware of that, mainly had seen skitter had been pushing pooky some time ago

i think in general the way i've thrown myself into the game with wild abandon is actually a strong towntell for me although i would not expect others to recognize it that way. as scum in elo, your goal is to get one town to vote incorrectly. most of the time winning scumteams have an idea of who this will be, the players and their social relations have been fully laid out and they know who they can convince and work them to do so. this necessitates playing around them tactically. were i scum replacing into this position i would need to actually survey the game and get a view of the landscape before making actions, becaue i wouldn't want to disrupt a potential winning vote by pressuring the wrong way

(if i felt like trying at all - if my partner is well situated i have no problem falling on my sword and leaving them to carry. this would obviously not be the case if i were scum with t3 though)

whereas as town i don't really care about that stuff so i can be a lot more free and unrestrained - i only care about getting the solve and convincing others of it

anyway, if you were to give me an ultimatum of, like, vote t3 now or else, i would do that, although i would not be happy about it
and i'm watching all the stars burn out
trying to pretend that i care
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:31 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1877, bloodhail wrote: i mean no, not really, i wasn't aware of that, mainly had seen skitter had been pushing pooky some time ago

i think in general the way i've thrown myself into the game with wild abandon is actually a strong towntell for me although i would not expect others to recognize it that way. as scum in elo, your goal is to get one town to vote incorrectly. most of the time winning scumteams have an idea of who this will be, the players and their social relations have been fully laid out and they know who they can convince and work them to do so. this necessitates playing around them tactically. were i scum replacing into this position i would need to actually survey the game and get a view of the landscape before making actions, becaue i wouldn't want to disrupt a potential winning vote by pressuring the wrong way

(if i felt like trying at all - if my partner is well situated i have no problem falling on my sword and leaving them to carry. this would obviously not be the case if i were scum with t3 though)

whereas as town i don't really care about that stuff so i can be a lot more free and unrestrained - i only care about getting the solve and convincing others of it

anyway, if you were to give me an ultimatum of, like, vote t3 now or else, i would do that, although i would not be happy about it

it's so hard to try to weigh that because you were following along and such, and also you probably have some ability to do so in realtime,

hm, i wouldn't really expect someone with your reputation (or from my experience with you / games i have read) to like, fall on your sword or whatever here regardless,

and to me it felt like maybe you were searching for that winning vote, but also like you said maybe i am just reading scum intention into everything, like i do not think that is impossible but i also do not know how not to

we have some time, like i guess i'd prefer only giving 24 hours or so until we are at decision point to honour skitter's v/la as that will encompass the rest of the deadline,

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:35 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1866, medeia wrote:
In post 1863, bloodhail wrote: so, can i ask you - how long have you expressed your view that this was the team? was this your stated solve on Day 3 or was it one that evolved today?
it seemed possible team to me throughout yesterday as well and i am pretty sure i expressed as much at various points though it certainly became more likely to me today especially with pooky posting at one point which you also commented on recently,
In post 1868, medeia wrote:
In post 1866, medeia wrote:
In post 1863, bloodhail wrote: so, can i ask you - how long have you expressed your view that this was the team? was this your stated solve on Day 3 or was it one that evolved today?
it seemed possible team to me throughout yesterday as well and i am pretty sure i expressed as much at various points though it certainly became more likely to me today especially with pooky posting at one point which you also commented on recently,

here:

In post 1856, bloodhail wrote:
In post 1854, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: lack of follow through on actually voting me
eod-1 progression
regardless of your alignment p great posting, logic here tracks very cleanly and there's a lot of detail

like i said at the time that was the first time this game where it felt like pooky was like, Here I Am To Save The Day, ya know

and i know pooky knows that's what i was looking like i know this i do i even said as much earlier in the game to random nurse at some point

it's just like, even then is he really that good at just doing so

mm, like yeah maybe i worry a bit about this because he then was like, 'oh if medeia made tea to stay up with me i'll just lose to her' or whatever ya know

like maybe(???) it felt like he was trying to make me recall that but i feel like that is one of those things i should ignore yeah
mmm yeah gotcha

it's not like it's totally out of range or anything but also him keeping skitter alive to turn against her and try to fight her in 5p would be rather counterintuitive - he could do the same thing to brass and that is a much easier 1v1 to win, no offense to brassherald, skitter is just one of the last people most scum would choose to 1v1

(i must admit here i looked at brassherald's iso and have no idea what was happening with that kill - he was dead wrong on my slot and if pooky is town then brass existing was a free win for scum. however scum have made weird kills all the time and so i don't love reading too much into this type of thing - much preferable to analyze the posts of living players. that feels like a bit of a copout but i didn't think i could mention brass without addressing it)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

Busy day at work will be around/respond tonight
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:49 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1876, medeia wrote:
In post 1874, bloodhail wrote: i think what you're doing here is forcefitting a read very hard - you want the team to be me/T3 more than it actually makes sense, and so you're taking posts that would have the most rational conclusion be that my slot and T3 are unaligned and assuming the opposite

the thing is, this is overly elaborate and scum generally do not play around each other like this

however, psychologically this is very hard because in your mind you have miscleared someone and it's very hard to take back that clear so you keep looking and staring hard at the posts from my slot and convincing yourself because they have to be scum with T3 rather than re-evaluating where you need to

it's funny beacause earlier i even said i felt like maybe i just
wanted
the team to be you/t3

and from your perspective the other worlds that made some sense to me previously would also be impossible,

like if you're town the problem isn't so much that i have miscleared someone as much as it is that i have miscondemned you, as i am trying to convince myself that those make sense because other things do not make sense, and those things are more concrete to me, if that makes sense

mostly this makes so much sense to me,
In post 1872, medeia wrote: chicagotypewriter actually would have been for you/t3 or pooky/t3, just kill me eliminate chicagotypewriter

and the associative things i feel like, if i try i can see it yeah, shrug
In post 1878, medeia wrote:
In post 1877, bloodhail wrote: i mean no, not really, i wasn't aware of that, mainly had seen skitter had been pushing pooky some time ago

it's so hard to try to weigh that because you were following along and such, and also you probably have some ability to do so in realtime,

hm, i wouldn't really expect someone with your reputation (or from my experience with you / games i have read) to like, fall on your sword or whatever here regardless,

and to me it felt like maybe you were searching for that winning vote, but also like you said maybe i am just reading scum intention into everything, like i do not think that is impossible but i also do not know how not to

we have some time, like i guess i'd prefer only giving 24 hours or so until we are at decision point to honour skitter's v/la as that will encompass the rest of the deadline,
yeah i think this is very understandable on your part and i respect that perspective

as for me falling on my sword i can link 2 different examples

in Perpetual MELO IV i replaced into a slot that was universally scumread and came under fire almost immediately. i did not immediately give up but i switched my angle to WIFOM almost immediately - because of my position and the nature of the setup, i knew my slot was a dead duck and so i did things to try to obfuscate my associations in order to help my teammates out. i hard defended town Nacho who was being tunneled by most of the town and it worked to encourage a wagon on him, which i hammered when it went to E-1. my team wanted me to stay in the game because skitter was the only scum who was even remotely well positioned but i knew i was hard outed and me staying in the game and continuing to struggle would only potentially spew more players as town, so i escaped and put my trust in skitter

in white flag i also replaced into a slot and got instantly wagoned because it was a hydra that had flaked and people had assumed it was, like, an auto-guilty. i asked in the scum pt if there was a plan or if it was worth me trying to fight off my elimination. given that guiltylion was significantly more invested in the game and had put work into it, i took him at his word when he said there wasn't a lot i could do to save my slot and so i complied and rolled over and died and didn't give anything away. i'm not a selfish player who prioritizes his own survival/the glory of endgaming above all else, even if endgaming is what i usually do

anyway that's all to say that in this spot if i was teamed with any of you/pooky/skitter i would probably just trust in my teammate to carry here. i would not trust in t3 to carry because he tends to give up/do nothing as scum when he gets pressured
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:56 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1867, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1861, medeia wrote: also! happy scumday pooky!! twenty years!!!
thanks it's been a while huh :3
oh yeah congrats btw

i realized last night how ironic it is that skitter was accusing you of being mafia for not catching scum yet when you literally invented the Burden of Proficiency argument
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

I did not know that! Also congrats pooky!!!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by bloodhail »

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:41 am

Post by bloodhail »

here's a question i have i could probably find the answer to myself but i'd rather have someone else tell me: was there any momentum toward killing T3 today instead of my slot?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:43 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

not really
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:43 am

it's been mostly me asking skitter to vote me and then her telling me she was going to vote me and then waffling and changing her mind hehe
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:49 am

Post by bloodhail »

i think that's fascinating because there were two slots that were similarly inactive/low content, but all the momentum was going toward voting out mine, the one i know is town

it's not a surefire thing but i would think if both my slot and T3 were town it would be positioned as an either/or thing rather than all attention going to chicage
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:54 am

i think in the context of the game we mostly forgot t3 even existed in terms of the lim order after d1
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:58 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 1881, bloodhail wrote: as for me falling on my sword i can link 2 different examples

in Perpetual MELO IV i replaced into a slot that was universally scumread and came under fire almost immediately. i did not immediately give up but i switched my angle to WIFOM almost immediately - because of my position and the nature of the setup, i knew my slot was a dead duck and so i did things to try to obfuscate my associations in order to help my teammates out. i hard defended town Nacho who was being tunneled by most of the town and it worked to encourage a wagon on him, which i hammered when it went to E-1. my team wanted me to stay in the game because skitter was the only scum who was even remotely well positioned but i knew i was hard outed and me staying in the game and continuing to struggle would only potentially spew more players as town, so i escaped and put my trust in skitter

in white flag i also replaced into a slot and got instantly wagoned because it was a hydra that had flaked and people had assumed it was, like, an auto-guilty. i asked in the scum pt if there was a plan or if it was worth me trying to fight off my elimination. given that guiltylion was significantly more invested in the game and had put work into it, i took him at his word when he said there wasn't a lot i could do to save my slot and so i complied and rolled over and died and didn't give anything away. i'm not a selfish player who prioritizes his own survival/the glory of endgaming above all else, even if endgaming is what i usually do

anyway that's all to say that in this spot if i was teamed with any of you/pooky/skitter i would probably just trust in my teammate to carry here. i would not trust in t3 to carry because he tends to give up/do nothing as scum when he gets pressured
in contrast to this i can link a few games where i replaced in as town and developed reads very quickly - i am not sure if any of this would actually help in finding me but i like talking about it
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:12 am

Post by medeia »

you can certainly link them - haven’t yet been able to look at those but i’ll be able to sit down with everything again in a few hours

i don’t really think its likely to help with the main things i’m struggling with but it interests me nonetheless

bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:29 am

Post by bloodhail »

fuzzy friends coalition - i replace in post coalition phase, and immediately pull dead-on accurate reads on skitter and menalque and nail datisi as scum. unfortunately i misclear his partner (save the dragons) and never successfully get my head around it and town loses

open 835 | D6 - i replace into a widely scumread slot that was about to die on the day before ELO. i asked for time to let me sort before i'm executed, and very quickly and accurately solve the game, since the scumteam was mostly inactive. i actually managed to get the trust of the town somehow and we execute scum instead of me, i get NKed and town wins the next day

Mini Normal 2249 - i replace in during ELO and immediately solve the game but i don't have the confidence to show my worldview, i hedge on a read because norwee was tunneling and then enchant votes me because he's a shit player and a fucking baby and town loses

star trek upick - i replace in, manage to break up a TvT death tunnel between LLD and Aureal, use associatives to catch one of the scum although i was incorrectly sussing xyzzy and misclearing penguin, re-evaluated later in the game

in all of these cases i'm able to pick up reads relatively quickly as town in replace in and usually have a decent degree of accuracy. demeanor at times is slightly different depending on the gamestate/playerlist but i think in all cases my sorting process is hopefully pretty obvious?
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:30 am

Post by bloodhail »

@pooky - fwiw i don't think medeia/skitter are a team - i get
why
you're afraid of that but i'm 25% of the way into medeia's iso and i don't think it's a scum/scum dynamic, like 75% confidence
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:54 am

well if we lim skitter and shes scum it probly wont be my issue to solve cuz ill get to die wheee
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:07 am

Post by bloodhail »

lol

fair enough but also i'm not sure that happens because i don't think demona makes that vote and i think T3 might just not be coming back to the game - he's 5 hours out from prod range and i would have zero surprise if he just decided to abandon the game altogether

i don't know wtf anyone can do about that
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1888, bloodhail wrote: i think that's fascinating because there were two slots that were similarly inactive/low content, but all the momentum was going toward voting out mine, the one i know is town

it's not a surefire thing but i would think if both my slot and T3 were town it would be positioned as an either/or thing rather than all attention going to chicage
Yes
I'm also really confused why pooky has been trying to get me to cross him this elo
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1895, bloodhail wrote: lol

fair enough but also i'm not sure that happens because i don't think demona makes that vote and i think T3 might just not be coming back to the game - he's 5 hours out from prod range and i would have zero surprise if he just decided to abandon the game altogether

i don't know wtf anyone can do about that
Fwiw this has basically been the approach to your slot too ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1872, medeia wrote:
In post 1837, skitter30 wrote: @medeia idk i still think ct's side is pretty clearing?
In post 1840, skitter30 wrote: mediea
can i get the cliffnotes version for why i should be unpartering ct/t3?

it just doesn't seem impossible or even super improbable to me or anything and someone has to be partnered here and the nightkill stuff feels more clearing to me i guess,

like bloodhail says 't3 is easiest misflip in the world if town' but like, chicagotypewriter actually would have been for you/t3 or pooky/t3, just kill me eliminate chicagotypewriter

anyways:
In post 1631, medeia wrote:
In post 1629, skitter30 wrote:
In post 240, ChicagoTypewriter wrote: Okay, I'm doing a little better on catch-up. The most important thing here is I needed to make sure I actually want to keep my RVS vote on T3.

Overall:
-T3 seriously voted for Kcdaspot , unvoted
six minutes later
, and then seemed to indicate that the initial vote wasn't icky . I'm not a fan of this voting behavior.
-T3 supports Random Nurse over Medeia (and who in turn supports T3 back). I'm not sure I like this. Calling them a scumteam seems a bit too obvious as this point given how much they're supporting each other, but ... well, it's kind of weird from my perspective, given I have a scumlean on Random Nurse right now; given his main gripe against Medeia is the refusal to add a vote for pressure.
-T3 is currently at E-2 with my vote, I believe. I'm find with this.

Decision: Vote stays. I'm going to work on the rest of the catchup, be back in a bit. (By which I mean later today, if I can get to it.)
This just looks so beyond unaligned

idk with this i still worry that like, he made this whole case and everything for keeping the rvs vote and then when he finished the readslist the next time he was posting he moved his vote to random nurse saying it wasn't doing anything and such citing t3 not reacting to it and it's kinda hm to me and there was expected pressure on random nurse from his perspective from pooky/me

but yeah it is a case for partner at e-2 nonetheless

i guess this is still the post that looks the most unaligned with t3 to me but it was like, the only thing he was focused on up until that point and then when he does finish the catchup and presents his readslist he moves the vote because it wasn't doing anything but then says he scumreads t3 for not reacting to it and it's just like hmm

while also trying to pressure meuh who was also under pressure and then random nurse

and then later chicagotypewriter only goes back to t3 because skitter specifically asked him to:
In post 347, ChicagoTypewriter wrote:
In post 346, skitter30 wrote: Chicago can u vote t3 ?
Aye, ma'am, cat's paw away.
VOTE: T3
I reserve the right to blame you if anything goes wrong.
and i guess to me it's like, what other choice would chicagotypewriter have had there based on stated reads and it kinda feels like maybe he was trying to make you think it was a bad wagon even though he was supporting it

and then later in the day post claim and such chicagotypewriter refuses to join meuh wagon despite not townreading her emphasizing that he wants to stay on t3 (by himself) and it just feels more for show and such like the wagon had already shifted because of claim so chicagotypewriter probably wouldn't feel like he had to vote meuh for survival reasons
240 looks so beyond unaligned to me
Like he's making a point of casing his partner and announcing he's sticking on him, when iirc it was a vanity wagon (have to double check)

That's just ....

And the second quote - i think i was also asking him to vote meuh around there, and he refused meuh to vote t3
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 343, ChicagoTypewriter wrote:
In post 341, skitter30 wrote: Chicago are you willing to vote meuh or t3?
Bah. Ninja'd.
No to the first, yes to the second. My scumread on meuh is on the shakiest of grounds and I don't feel petty enough for an OMGUS ... yet.
Like he refused meuh (who was town) to vote t3 like three posts later
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

I have a really, really hard time seeing this as aligned

Like i don't know which is scum but i don't think both are
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”