The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:01 am

Post by The Bulge »

this game is so much easier when i can just tunnel my biggest sr but i have like 6 now and only 1 shovel
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:02 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 539, Bell wrote: I lean slightly town on Katya, bulge he went down a little but still town, with decent vibes and asides. Albeit I’ve been stabbed by him, twice. Maybe just once.
Mala feels alright, as does Super Bowl, but I’m not against more pressure on either of them.
Dunn is being Dunn.

Meow said they came back from New Orleans or something but also got prodded but also said the power or their laptop wasn’t working which is some kind of mystery. I’m not sure if it’s a gimmick for each reentry or if they’re actually just scum lying about their absences but it’s so silly that I can’t actually take myself seriously when I think it.

Sheep is obviously scum.
STD is my favorite this game. but also, they are extremely scummy and furthermore

Shadi’s weird. I don’t have a box to put them in, I agree with whoever said they seem to be people pleasey, but also I can see it just being them.

The only thing I have on Datisi is the Bulge town read weirdness. The rest seems fine to me.

I’m not really happy with my reads so far this game, but that’s cool. I usually just get a few town reads I’m comfortable with (I only have one). But like that’s why I’m being how I’m being.
Can you elaborate on why you find sheep to be obviously scum? This doesn’t remind me of town sheep but my read is far from solidified on him.

Which posts/interactions of STD do you find quite scummy?

And yeah I agree with your town read on Kat
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

i dont wanna flip shadi today but at least they're not mason

2 days til dl tho and not another wagon in sight

VOTE: meowmeow? yea?
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:09 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 565, Datisi wrote:
In post 563, yekaterina wrote: don't trust the people on it and it hasn't felt like any of you have tried to do much to sort shadi1337 outside of voting
i think his reads are bad, his reactions to getting votes are bad and his tone when making jokes is goddamn awful

like, do i need to write 1k words for it to count as sorting? i've said these things already
I don’t really care about getting votes on me as either alignment so I get why you’d think that

I don’t get the joke thing, maybe I just forgot myself making bad jokes this game xD
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:10 am

Post by The Bulge »

problem is im feeling scrappy but i cant find an opening to make the first move and also nobody wants to fight me

im like a chihuahua surrounded by scummy golden retrievers
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:14 am

Post by The Bulge »

i haven't much cared for ari's contributions this game, the talking to a wall thing in particular.

drew might be scum as well, i usually have a good feeling about him but the feeling aint feeling this time around
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:15 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 614, Bell wrote: Suddenly Bulge is my strongest scum read and we should absolutely kill him.
I don’t think this process of your read seems natural. I haven’t caught up yet but I’d be semi shocked if no one else has pointed that out.
At least I hope you pointed out why later
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Bell »

Yes, this was answered.

I'm glad that Bulge has a functioning sarcasm detector.
Albeit, I also enjoy mind games.
Uh. So I guess I need to explain the concept of people not always saying what they mean or meaning what they say.
In regards to Meep I think I've pretty much already covered that I'll push people if I don't think they're playing in such a way I can read them.
do you have any other opinions or reads Sheep or is Bell scum because he's going after the lurkers about surmises it?
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: katya it she

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:21 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 681, The Bulge wrote: drew might be scum as well, i usually have a good feeling about him but the feeling aint feeling this time around

idk how anyone reads vibes or anything like i wouldn't even really know how to begin but if i were a vibecheck player i would say that doctor drew's posting last night passed the vibecheck yeah
Show
how to describe such velocity? how to describe this passage in the night?

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Bell »

The amount of credulousness Drew gave Meep raised my eyebrows. But not enough to get off my ass. I feel like he just gave a non-answer agreement, or what do you call it. It's hen you find something to agree with someone on that isn't really what they were talking about. In this case, he agreed that lurkers = scum is bad, intentionally agreeing with something Meep wasn't saying. Meep was saying he thought that it was weird that I seemed to genuinely believe that lurkers should die because they are likely to be scum. Essentially they thought something was off (they found the sarcasm) but couldn't put together what (the sarcasm), exactly the mystery belied. It was kind of funny. But Drew didn't do anything with it other than avoid disagreeing with them.
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:50 am

Post by yekaterina »

i guess 'i needed some context' line also like,

look! i clicked on iso and everything to try to understand!

but, uh, i can't really say anything there lol
Show

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:52 am

Post by yekaterina »

i think you're pretty likely to be town for same reasons meowmeow and datisi seem somewhat likely to be scums
Show

yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:53 am

Post by yekaterina »

but also seems possible i am overweighing with regards to them

pretty sure i am weighing correctly with regards to you, at least
Show

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 668, superbowl9 wrote: You could be but the way that I approach solving I saw in your thought processes if that makes sense
I'm sorry this doesn't make sense to me - what did you see in my thought process that makes you believe I am town?
You are always gonna be my love
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 685, Bell wrote: The amount of credulousness Drew gave Meep raised my eyebrows. But not enough to get off my ass. I feel like he just gave a non-answer agreement, or what do you call it. It's hen you find something to agree with someone on that isn't really what they were talking about. In this case, he agreed that lurkers = scum is bad, intentionally agreeing with something Meep wasn't saying. Meep was saying he thought that it was weird that I seemed to genuinely believe that lurkers should die because they are likely to be scum. Essentially they thought something was off (they found the sarcasm) but couldn't put together what (the sarcasm), exactly the mystery belied. It was kind of funny. But Drew didn't do anything with it other than avoid disagreeing with them.
In post 657, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 543, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Bell calling me and std scummy is funny lol and I would like if he can talk about that more
In post 544, sheepsaysmeep wrote: That feels like something you think is factually true as scum but is weird to actually believe

That the people doing jackshit are thus more likely scum
I needed some context.

But ya, focusing on 'lurkers = scummy' is bad news bears.
I don't understand what you are getting at, Bell.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Bell »

You didn't engage with Meeps open question of whether Bell believed what he was saying or doing, but instead provided the platitude that reduction-ism is bad and left it there. I've already made posts that provide clarity about what I'm actually doing, i.e., pressuring people with threats, thin veneers of ones at that, which resulted in confusion for those less inclined toward reading. adding "totally" to "I think they're scum" is intended to be self depreciating. It' silly on it's face because, obviously, I don't know who the scum are.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Bell »

Right the point. The point is instead of examining whether Meep had a point or in my case whether they're serious or not or intentionally missing the sarcasm or just not bothering to read earlier posts you basically just agreed on an easy point to agree on. You didn't seem inclined to check what they were thinking or why.

To be fair, I always get all annoyed when other people don't defend me even when it makes no logical sense. But then I worked through that to come to your post just being a little strange.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Bell »

....Why do I have to use so many words to make a small point that barely means anything in the gran scheme of the game.
It's a minor observation at best and unlikely to be reliable as a scum tell.
I might as well have commented on the weather.
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:47 am

Post by yekaterina »

it’s not like

that

many words
Show

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 691, Bell wrote: You didn't engage with Meeps open question of whether Bell believed what he was saying or doing, but instead provided the platitude that reduction-ism is bad and left it there. I've already made posts that provide clarity about what I'm actually doing, i.e., pressuring people with threats, thin veneers of ones at that, which resulted in confusion for those less inclined toward reading. adding "totally" to "I think they're scum" is intended to be self depreciating. It' silly on it's face because, obviously, I don't know who the scum are.
I don't......what?

I was commenting on what appeared to me sheep disagreeing with you saying lurkers=bad, apparently there was something else because I literally have zero clue what you just said here.

Pre Edit: I still don't understand what you are trying to say, pretend I am 5 and had like 13 beers and try again.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Bell »

1. Meep says it's weird that I unironically seem to think that lurkers are more likely to be scum than not.
2. My confidence in the read was fake, intended to pressure them. I've made a few posts pointing out that I pressure players I can't read because I'm trying to find the scum and so on.
3. You respond to Meep and instead of focusing on what Meep is thinking "it's weird that he seems to think this" you agree that people thinking that lurkers are scummy is bad and end it at that.
4. This demonstrates you didn't read my earlier posts or did read my earlier posts but couldn't put it together or decided not to investigate what they were saying in a meaningful way and just gave a bog-standard response. Or decided that while you did read my posts and understood what I was doing it didn't serve your interest to correct them. Or investigate their reasoning further.

pedit: is anyone else getting repeatedly logged out every 3 minutes or so?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Bell »

Lukewarm isn't here so I'm not gunna write it a 5th time if you still don't get it. Or pretend not to get it or whatever it is you're doing.
I'd say that you should understand what I'm writing because you've played mafia for awhile, but I can be difficult to understand and follow and this loop isn't atypical. I usually have to do this once every other game.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 696, Bell wrote: 1. Meep says it's weird that I unironically seem to think that lurkers are more likely to be scum than not.
2. My confidence in the read was fake, intended to pressure them. I've made a few posts pointing out that I pressure players I can't read because I'm trying to find the scum and so on.
3. You respond to Meep and instead of focusing on what Meep is thinking "it's weird that he seems to think this" you agree that people thinking that lurkers are scummy is bad and end it at that.
4. This demonstrates you didn't read my earlier posts or did read my earlier posts but couldn't put it together or decided not to investigate what they were saying in a meaningful way and just gave a bog-standard response. Or decided that while you did read my posts and understood what I was doing it didn't serve your interest to correct them. Or investigate their reasoning further.

pedit: is anyone else getting repeatedly logged out every 3 minutes or so?
Ok, that clears it up.

But ya, all I was doing was commenting on the lurkers=bad part. I am not going to comment on every tiny detail of every single post, that isn't my style. So maybe I missed your greater point, but tbh your posts have lots of 'filler verbiage' that make my eyes gloss over, so I probably did focus more on what sheep said vs what you said.

And the site is acting kinda slow for me, but no log outs.

Pre Edit: I play Mafia, I didn't sign up to read war and peace written by someone who loves to show off by flexing their lexicon.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Bell »

I’m not flexing my lexicon tho, I’m using different words to say the same thing cause you asked.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”