Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i think if you're scum here you were just put in a tough spot when i replaced in! replacements suck etc

pedit: yeah that makes sense i'll try to talk about you less too it's just hard to hold in thoughts
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

mmmm i guess thats also reasonable the likely trajectory of the game was fairly different with brass
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

in your last few posts it sounds like you are relatively confident, is that more due to just not seeing hellbooks as scum or is it due to actively finding me scummy? if it's the latter then what specific points are the things that you feel the most convinced by?
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4545, fireisredsir wrote: basically where im at rn is that im not reading a ton into skitter lim day bc the two people that i thought most likely to be scum off that were tris and sheep and so it feels like exceptionally silly to just keep reaching further into that bucket and hoping that it's finally right
this just feels like such a beautifully constructed thing to say
In post 4591, fireisredsir wrote: it's pretty rare for me to want this given that usually i am content with letting other people make decisions but i think that if hellbooks is scum then she pretty much always wins if she just stalls on voting, but there's a chance that she does lose if me and her cross, bc then i have her alignment confirmed and i can finally read her posts without shielding my eyes, and maybe seeing the light is enough and you see it too
this one too
maybe fire is kind of feeling like me voting him over infinity is a foregone conclusion
i guess this is like the "betting on infinity being town" plan though
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i kinda hate elo because it feels like every post is really not at all different from how i would post if i were scum in the same situation and then i can feel myself trying to like twist my words around to squeeze out any drops of towniness that must be in there somewhere and avoid sounding like scum but really it probably just ends up making my posts sound tortured and constructed
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by hellbooks »

yeah it does seem like you're weaving a brilliant layered web of self-awareness around yourself but im kind of liking that, like this is the total HGFP sauce
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4606 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i did hit submit on that before reading that post i promise
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4607 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

it was a reaction to my own previous post where i was absolutely doing that and pondering over "how would i say this if i was scum" and then trying to not do that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4608 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4603, hellbooks wrote: maybe fire is kind of feeling like me voting him over infinity is a foregone conclusion
if you're town i don't really have any idea where you're thinking of voting although heading into the day phase my money would have been on you voting me

if you're scum then i think you're avoiding voting because that's likely to win you the game
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4609 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by hellbooks »

this morning i was probably like 70-30 you, now im like 60-40 infinity
this is not going to inspire confidence in anyone who is hinging the game on me reaching a correct conclusion i understand
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4610 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 4591, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 4586, Infinity 324 wrote: i don't think much of anything is tragic for scum!hellbooks here given that i am likely to vote you and win her the game
if you do get to a point where you are going to vote me i think i would prefer if you let me vote first, and i can decide which way i'm leaning. if you're town. if you're scum then you can go ahead and vote lol

it's pretty rare for me to want this given that usually i am content with letting other people make decisions but i think that if hellbooks is scum then she pretty much always wins if she just stalls on voting, but there's a chance that she does lose if me and her cross, bc then i have her alignment confirmed and i can finally read her posts without shielding my eyes, and maybe seeing the light is enough and you see it too

and that possibility is tantalizing enough to me that i would like at least a chance at considering if i want to go that direction. or alternatively if i am leaning towards you being scum then i will just vote you and it's no difference
its kind of wild (not strictly impluasible or anything just like "wow, i could never do that") when infinity reads this post and in 5 minutes is able to synthesize an understanding of it fitting into a scumfire narrative instead of just staring slack jawed and uncomprehending at it for the same amount of time like i did
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4611 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4602, fireisredsir wrote: in your last few posts it sounds like you are relatively confident, is that more due to just not seeing hellbooks as scum or is it due to actively finding me scummy? if it's the latter then what specific points are the things that you feel the most convinced by?
haha you should've asked earlier, now i'm less confident!

the most convincing thing to me is how skitt kept poking and prodding about you being left out of the coalition. and there's also a lot of small things that add up to being pretty convincing, like you playing weirdly around the skitt wagon and the "oh wait what" post. i also think all the nk'ed townies would have wanted to lim you over hellbooks here but i have to make sure on isis. a large portion is also hellbooks not making sense as scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by hellbooks »

like if fire is scum then the metaphor "4-dimensional" is apt for the strategy because i just dont think id be able to fully comprehend it beyond having cross-sections of it presented to me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

tbh probably the highest win% play is for me to just lean into it and play like how i would if i were scum because i definitely have a higher rate of getting voted as town than i do as scum, and im generally a lot better at elos as scum

but i think deep down i really want to believe that if i am just honest and true enough to myself that someone will see it and recognize it and know that im town

unfortunately even deeper down i think i know that's probably not true

i think the game of mafia is sort of a reflection of reality in that way and maybe thats why i keep playing it
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4610, hellbooks wrote: its kind of wild (not strictly impluasible or anything just like "wow, i could never do that") when infinity reads this post and in 5 minutes is able to synthesize an understanding of it fitting into a scumfire narrative instead of just staring slack jawed and uncomprehending at it for the same amount of time like i did
it was less that i synthesized a narrative around it and more that it answered the question "why is scum!fire not doing more to snow me" which was already bouncing around in my head
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by hellbooks »

are we buying our hgfps from the same supplier fire
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4613, fireisredsir wrote: tbh probably the highest win% play is for me to just lean into it and play like how i would if i were scum because i definitely have a higher rate of getting voted as town than i do as scum, and im generally a lot better at elos as scum

but i think deep down i really want to believe that if i am just honest and true enough to myself that someone will see it and recognize it and know that im town

unfortunately even deeper down i think i know that's probably not true

i think the game of mafia is sort of a reflection of reality in that way and maybe thats why i keep playing it
*hugs* i get it! usually i'm a lot more sr'ed as town than scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4617 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4615, hellbooks wrote: are we buying our hgfps from the same supplier fire
whats an hgfp
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4611, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 4602, fireisredsir wrote: in your last few posts it sounds like you are relatively confident, is that more due to just not seeing hellbooks as scum or is it due to actively finding me scummy? if it's the latter then what specific points are the things that you feel the most convinced by?
haha you should've asked earlier, now i'm less confident!

the most convincing thing to me is how skitt kept poking and prodding about you being left out of the coalition. and there's also a lot of small things that add up to being pretty convincing, like you playing weirdly around the skitt wagon and the "oh wait what" post. i also think all the nk'ed townies would have wanted to lim you over hellbooks here but i have to make sure on isis. a large portion is also hellbooks not making sense as scum
maybe this is what you were talking about earlier but can you elaborate on why the poking and prodding thing makes me scum
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

in a completed magical micro game datisi ran i made a lot of posts that were like unproductively and disastrously honest in response to pressure and i call these "hot girl fail posts" for short
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 945, hellbooks wrote:tbh i forget that town play isnt just raw honesty its like an alternate form of politicking
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

they were an inspiration
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4622 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4618, fireisredsir wrote: maybe this is what you were talking about earlier but can you elaborate on why the poking and prodding thing makes me scum
yeah it's what i said earlier, i don't think skitt feels the need to try to leave you out of the coal if you're town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by hellbooks »

inspiration as in you went back and read them so you could download how to pocket me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4624 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think that is the hardest part of townplay for me and maybe the biggest meta difference between scum and town. im not very good at like playing manipulative as town ok god i said i would stop talking about myself im going to actually try to do that now

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”