Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: it she

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

*likely
this is gonna be just like senior year, except for funner!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 193, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 191, catboi wrote: There's a way of fixing that.
dont tell me to try. i am not here for it!
I was actually implying we just kill you lmao
In post 218, Bell wrote: Thinking.
I do want to explore Pooky’s claim that he has only fake claimed miller once in 19 years. But I will never ever try to sift through his meta, even though I think he’s lied about verifiable meta more than once over the years, while knowing it.
I also want to explore Sircakez point about how Pooky might have told the truth when he announced he was going to kill us all and that he was mafia.

On the other hand, pushing Pooky isn’t very fun. Or rather it’s really confusing and my brain is foaming as it is.

*gurgles*
Neither of those seem like productive avenues of inquiry to me - even assuming it's true he hasn't fakeclaimed miller since then (and I don't doubt it), it doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not he'd do it this game. Again, I still lean more toward him being town right now.

As for the other bit, Cakez coming into the game calling pooky scum is so
pro forma
that I get literally nothing from it, it's the default behavior from him, he does it literally every game they're in together. I wish he'd given
something
that could actually be read as alignment indicative.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

if you do that and you are mafia it is good for you but if you do that nd you are town it is bad for you

Because I am town.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 224, elle (1L) wrote:
In post 223, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 220, elle (1L) wrote: i think if one of pooky/meuh are a scums then odds of dunnstral also being a scums go up due to emphasis on millers normal

which made an announcement re:millers at gamestart importantly
How does that make me more likely to be a scums?

slightly so to me as it felt like you’re saying played in millers game therefore two millers in this game more like by implication
Sure, but why is that more likely to come from scums me than towns me? I did play in that other game either way.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Bell »

But, and hear me out.
What if you aren’t.

@Catboi, but this time, Sircakez was clever. Totally different.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 212, elle (1L) wrote:
In post 202, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 182, elle (1L) wrote: like guesses for scumteam bad because it’s assuming scum!me and this is how town!me acts in this situation because i’m town, shrug

if you’re town here what would help you to see that
You asserting yourself as town without showing how or why is not convincing to me. I guess my question to you is how is your play this game different from when you are mafia?

the how and why are my role pm and i can’t show you that; was not t

as mafia i think i probably just approach game entirely different and don’t find myself in this situation like my interactions are generally more chosen and on my terms i probably would not have been as excited to play so probably would have just leaned more towards waiting my anxiety manifests in different ways as a scums like it’s just everything

The first line here bothers me because it seemed like you were saying we should be able to determine you were towns earlier. But now you are saying it's something that can't be shown. Like post you were willing to work through it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 226, catboi wrote: Neither of those seem like productive avenues of inquiry to me - even assuming it's true he hasn't fakeclaimed miller since then (and I don't doubt it), it doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not he'd do it this game. Again, I still lean more toward him being town right now.
I did a quick fact check and did not see any fake miller claims. I did see real miller claims.
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

In post 228, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 224, elle (1L) wrote:
In post 223, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 220, elle (1L) wrote: i think if one of pooky/meuh are a scums then odds of dunnstral also being a scums go up due to emphasis on millers normal

which made an announcement re:millers at gamestart importantly
How does that make me more likely to be a scums?

slightly so to me as it felt like you’re saying played in millers game therefore two millers in this game more like by implication
Sure, but why is that more likely to come from scums me than towns me? I did play in that other game either way.
because it didn’t feel like you were simply noting it as a weird coincidence to me

like felt like you were emphasising it to say two millers more likely, therefore if one ‘miller’ is a scums, it’d be potentially noteworthy to me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

invoking sacred ritual

i towm
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

In post 230, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 212, elle (1L) wrote:
In post 202, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 182, elle (1L) wrote: like guesses for scumteam bad because it’s assuming scum!me and this is how town!me acts in this situation because i’m town, shrug

if you’re town here what would help you to see that
You asserting yourself as town without showing how or why is not convincing to me. I guess my question to you is how is your play this game different from when you are mafia?

the how and why are my role pm and i can’t show you that; was not t

as mafia i think i probably just approach game entirely different and don’t find myself in this situation like my interactions are generally more chosen and on my terms i probably would not have been as excited to play so probably would have just leaned more towards waiting my anxiety manifests in different ways as a scums like it’s just everything
The first line here bothers me because it seemed like you were saying we should be able to determine you were towns earlier. But now you are saying it's something that can't be shown. Like post you were willing to work through it.
? i still think you can determine i am town (or you already know) but how and why i am town is my role pm i don’t get it

i am very willing to work through it as i am and have been doing here;

like what is actually bothering you here and why is that alignment indicative

like am i not working with you? did i not answer the question which you said might help you which you then just ignored the answer to?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I took it to mean you could say: 'I am town because I am posting like X, and if I was mafia I'd post like Y.' Or something similar to that. That is the how and the why for me.

Look at what I am asking you in post 202 quoted above and the first line you wrote in response to that.

Looking back you do answer in the second part of your post, so I guess I simply had tunnel vision on the start of your post, as I considered it to be answering my 202.

So you are saying you would post less as mafia? If I am understanding correctly.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 195, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 194, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 192, Ydrasse wrote: i think i would be confused if elle was mafia because it seems like it immediately got flustered by the first iota of pressure and i dont think that it is like at that low threshold of "attention on me in game must try to defuse" with as much like. urgency. as it posted with here.

it's possible i guess everyone has off moments but the entire sequence is just weird to me
what does being flustered by pressure have to do with alignment
i think that mafia are more likely to be it if they have less experience because they don't know how to make the right answers to make it go away
So town would be less likely to be flustered? Why do you think that makes them town, then?
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

well often it becomes somewhat apparent as the game goes along but i could walk you through all of the posts I have made if you’d really like me too

not necessarily less (though probably also less) but definitely in a different manner
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

like scum!me isn’t a replica of town!me it is created to win the game in question
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

and town!me is just this maybe more of a disaster here than usual but yeah it me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think that will be very helpful for me so would feel guilty making you put in substantial effort to do so. If somebody else thinks this would be useful they can jump in.

I don't think it will be helpful because I don't put a lot of weight into saying you would do things differently when we are this early into the game, and you are the one describing things and there is bias there. I think that mafia fake claiming millers is unlikely, and despite what catboi says I do think a track record of not fake claiming miller makes it more likely to not be fake in this game as well. And meuh was the one who counter claimed so they took an active role and I agree with the thought that mafia are less likely to do so, especially when somebody else is already claiming that role. So that makes me think the millers are town, and your reaction to them reminded me of when I played the mini normal recently and the mafia made a similar argument against the miller claims.

And I also am reading catboi and bell as town, so that has me looking at Elle (1L), Ydrasse, SirCakez, and GuiltyLion. And you Elle (1L) are the one who has given the most content to discuss. I am not disregarding the 4 people I am townreading for the rest of the game, I do think it is a good place to start though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 238, elle (1L) wrote: like scum!me isn’t a replica of town!me it is created to win the game in question
OK this is interesting
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not in a rush to vote either
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

i mean, i am very often sceptical of claims and think of possibilities but once again i am the one telling you this, so

like if you disagree with me regarding the likelihood, why not just talk to me about that, explain to me why you think i’m wrong; like it’s very possible - i am wrong all of the time why would assumption be that i’m mafia

reads seems ? to me shaping view of game around assuming millers are town seems ? to me
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

like does that catboi post (or catboi pointing the same thing out i am saying here) really seem that towny to you?
elle (1L)
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
elle (1L)
it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by elle (1L) »

In post 241, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 238, elle (1L) wrote: like scum!me isn’t a replica of town!me it is created to win the game in question
OK this is interesting

that’s just how i’ve played the game since i gained some understanding of how it works

like town is constant struggle try to learn to be better try new things learn new things how to read people how to gain information how to try to encourage others to participation on and on and on

playing as a scums is just how do i win this specific game who do i mould myself into for that specific purpose and uh, i do not know how it would have turned out in this case didn’t get the chance to try but it would not have been this
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Bell »

No, I am not interested in a subscription at time time.

Thank you.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Bell »

It was one sentence Bell.
One.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 236, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 195, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 194, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 192, Ydrasse wrote: i think i would be confused if elle was mafia because it seems like it immediately got flustered by the first iota of pressure and i dont think that it is like at that low threshold of "attention on me in game must try to defuse" with as much like. urgency. as it posted with here.

it's possible i guess everyone has off moments but the entire sequence is just weird to me
what does being flustered by pressure have to do with alignment
i think that mafia are more likely to be it if they have less experience because they don't know how to make the right answers to make it go away
So town would be less likely to be flustered? Why do you think that makes them town, then?
it's not quite about being flustered even if that's the word i used. maybe it's like, vulnerability or just spewing everything out into thread in response to stuff in a way that isn't organized by mafia where you have to worry more about optics and direction rather than a lot of words that aren't like... as "put together" as people like in games.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 243, elle (1L) wrote: shaping view of game around assuming millers are town seems ? to me
miller claims in current site meta are town at a rate well above random (not even counting the very silly normal Dunnstral just linked) and reading into the personality of the players claiming and determining they aren't lying is pretty basic, it's not dissimilar to evaluating most other claims really. It's just based on whether you think the person is likely to be lying or not.

That being said the logic I used for it is trivial to fake as scum and I would probably play around the claims exactly the same way as scum, because it's easy to make that sort of logical point. Dunn townreading me there for it was puzzling but sometimes town make weird reads so I'm not going to do anything about it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”