Large Normal 244 | Quotes From my Linear Algebra Professor or Random City Skylines or Random Songs: Town Wins!

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 424, Klazam wrote:
In post 418, Random Nurse wrote: I don't think I've met Scum!Klazam before now.

Klazam, what do you be like as Scum?
Yeah I last played forum mafia in 2018 or something. I don’t remember what my scum play was like to be honest lol.

In person mafia, I’ve played a few times more recentely, only thing I can think of is that I love bussing and trying to pocket people.

J something- the vote was because psyche was being super serious in rvs, I wasn’t really reading much in it. Personally not fond of the RVS phase

Oh and in person the people who know me usually catch me as scum easy after the first few times I try to maniuplate people. Lucky enough I usually am able to find people I can maniuplate anyway and get rid of my close friends.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 69, Klazam wrote: Was going to RVS BBmolla- do you remember me? I recall you back in the day lol

But

Holy fuck Psyche. That’s too much lol.

VOTE: Psyche
What makes seriousness in RVS give this reaction? What's so bad about it to begin with?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 422, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also I think Temporal is definitely faking their logic in the moment
Eh it’s day 1, that’s why I said it’s a mostly null thing to me. Most D1 cases are pretty tenuous anyway, it’s post D1 where things really fall in place.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 414, Klazam wrote: Okay so that person was temporal, at first I was alright with their posts, then after that exchange with the other person (j something) posts just became weird. Don’t think this slot is necessarily scum though.

I don’t usually do larges, so large veteran advice- how the fuck do you keep up in general? That was a lot of pages.

Pedit: ah jacksonvirgo

Also for some reason Camel’s joke got a scumping for me, but I’m not going into that right now.

Goddamnit stop posting

Imo, don’t feel the need to keep up completely, especially early game, you can always read back later in the game when it slows down to do detective work, but when you are around, try to play in the present.

Like it’s hard to keep up in a large game, and a lot of is going to be missed no matter what. Games like these tend to slow tremendously when it gets down to 8 or 9 people, we’re kind of here as fodder for the finalists to read interactions
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Klazam »

Spoiler: Spoilered for sanity
In post 18, Psyche wrote:
In post 7, furtiveglance wrote: disproving the greeting the game tell
ooh what a fun idea
ok everyone instead of voting randomly i will now commence a sitewide study to test the hypothesis that not voting in your first post is scummy (the best operationalization of the greeting tell i can do atm)
it'll be a lot of work but i can't think of a single reason to think it's not the best possible use of my free time
please stand by for a complete outline of the methodology

VOTE: furtiveglance though bc i did another study a while ago and confirmed that expressing fun ideas in mafia games is scummy
In post 19, Psyche wrote: woah wait i actually do think furtive is the scummiest player here so far
let's delay explanation until page 2. page 2 has always been my lucky page and in the interim i can probably at least finish data collection
In post 28, Psyche wrote: ok ok ok let's see if i can do this
In post 7, furtiveglance wrote: Hey everyone, looking forward to this game

I'm just disproving the greeting the game tell don't mind me
I THINK this this post represents an attempt at displacing the question of whether furtive is scummy with the question of whether the greeting tell is a worthwhile tell or not.
The answer to the latter question is easily assumed to be "no", and in this context is easy to mistake as an answer to the question of whether furtive is scummy!
but these are distinct questions
furtive you wily rascal

hmm no that's not very good, even for page 2

i think i might really find furtive scummy because his post on page 1 is a much
better
post if he's scum -- it's ironic and thus more funny. objectively!
if we assume that furtive is a person with good taste (and i think we can though only time will tell), then he is correspondingly more likely to have posted it if he were scum than if he were town.
and being more likely to come from scum than from town is what it means for an action scummy!

yeah that's better. im really proud of myself
but alas even this revised justification for my vote is not very good!
would a bored member of the audience be willing to explain why?
In post 31, Psyche wrote: yes its essence was clear to me from the moment i made post 18 (i think it's 18 im not going to look). indeed, i suspect my entire destiny may have been determined from the moment i decided it would be funny to hyperfixate on three words in an apparent throwaway shitpost.
but now i have one more justification for voting furtive! it's futile to say this, but this is not me doing a gish gallop. it's just an overactive imagination fueled by a caffeine addiction that i'm more than a little defensive about:
furtive's post #20 was mean. it wounded me on a deep emotional level that i'll probably need a few more pages of conversation to forget and recover from. if that kind of negative energy is allowed to persist through this game, it will only destroy us. we must destroy it first. but don't get more wrong, it's more important that we destroy scum of course. of course!

All on page 1 and 2.

Nothing “bad” about it, but it’s a reason for me to stick my vote on that.

PEdit- for some reason I don’t like that flavor seems to not think he’ll be around for endgame. That line just was odd to me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 422, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also I think Temporal is definitely faking their logic in the moment
In post 423, JacksonVirgo wrote: Which really has me conflicted ngl. As tonally they seem town but their content is telling me they're fake
Same page.

My issue is if I believe there’s genuine malice in their actions doing so or not.

It’s why I struggled with the town read on theme and wanted their games to see if their tone is townie as scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 287, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 255, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 254, TemporalLich wrote: I do townread Flavor Leaf though, with the self-vote being the main impetus for a Flavor Leaf townread (I doubt scum would self-vote early Day 1)
VOTE: JacksonVirgo

I must be Town too.
JV is town damn
what makes you say so?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 429, Klazam wrote:
Spoiler: Spoilered for sanity
In post 18, Psyche wrote:
In post 7, furtiveglance wrote: disproving the greeting the game tell
ooh what a fun idea
ok everyone instead of voting randomly i will now commence a sitewide study to test the hypothesis that not voting in your first post is scummy (the best operationalization of the greeting tell i can do atm)
it'll be a lot of work but i can't think of a single reason to think it's not the best possible use of my free time
please stand by for a complete outline of the methodology

VOTE: furtiveglance though bc i did another study a while ago and confirmed that expressing fun ideas in mafia games is scummy
In post 19, Psyche wrote: woah wait i actually do think furtive is the scummiest player here so far
let's delay explanation until page 2. page 2 has always been my lucky page and in the interim i can probably at least finish data collection
In post 28, Psyche wrote: ok ok ok let's see if i can do this
In post 7, furtiveglance wrote: Hey everyone, looking forward to this game

I'm just disproving the greeting the game tell don't mind me
I THINK this this post represents an attempt at displacing the question of whether furtive is scummy with the question of whether the greeting tell is a worthwhile tell or not.
The answer to the latter question is easily assumed to be "no", and in this context is easy to mistake as an answer to the question of whether furtive is scummy!
but these are distinct questions
furtive you wily rascal

hmm no that's not very good, even for page 2

i think i might really find furtive scummy because his post on page 1 is a much
better
post if he's scum -- it's ironic and thus more funny. objectively!
if we assume that furtive is a person with good taste (and i think we can though only time will tell), then he is correspondingly more likely to have posted it if he were scum than if he were town.
and being more likely to come from scum than from town is what it means for an action scummy!

yeah that's better. im really proud of myself
but alas even this revised justification for my vote is not very good!
would a bored member of the audience be willing to explain why?
In post 31, Psyche wrote: yes its essence was clear to me from the moment i made post 18 (i think it's 18 im not going to look). indeed, i suspect my entire destiny may have been determined from the moment i decided it would be funny to hyperfixate on three words in an apparent throwaway shitpost.
but now i have one more justification for voting furtive! it's futile to say this, but this is not me doing a gish gallop. it's just an overactive imagination fueled by a caffeine addiction that i'm more than a little defensive about:
furtive's post #20 was mean. it wounded me on a deep emotional level that i'll probably need a few more pages of conversation to forget and recover from. if that kind of negative energy is allowed to persist through this game, it will only destroy us. we must destroy it first. but don't get more wrong, it's more important that we destroy scum of course. of course!

All on page 1 and 2.

Nothing “bad” about it, but it’s a reason for me to stick my vote on that.

PEdit- for some reason I don’t like that flavor seems to not think he’ll be around for endgame. That line just was odd to me.
I talk like that with the hopes I will be.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 423, JacksonVirgo wrote: Which really has me conflicted ngl. As tonally they seem town but their content is telling me they're fake
so I'm double scum then? :(
time will end
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by the worst »

i don't really buy that faking logic is a scumtell tbh scum are generally motivated to fake everything *except* logic

i'm not really convinced i'm right on townpura but that's a read i don't really think i care to reevaluate on d1
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I just always assume I’m gonna be night killed tbh, and when I’m not, cool. I can flip flop all my reads and throw scum for a loop
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm like a little nervous about psyche? but i don't want to be because i want to play with psyche
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 434, the worst wrote:
i don't really buy that faking logic is a scumtell tbh scum are generally motivated to fake everything *except* logic

i'm not really convinced i'm right on townpura but that's a read i don't really think i care to reevaluate on d1
So you’re happy just to ignore it.

Interesting.

Not bad. Just interesting enough to note.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 435, Flavor Leaf wrote: I just always assume I’m gonna be night killed tbh, and when I’m not, cool. I can flip flop all my reads and throw scum for a loop
i'd n1 you any day (in the kindest way possible)
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 430, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Same page.

My issue is if I believe there’s genuine malice in their actions doing so or not.

It’s why I struggled with the town read on theme and wanted their games to see if their tone is townie as scum.
I don't sense any malice at all, in fact all the fabricated logic was actually to town-read people (you).

wiki // GTKAS
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 436, the worst wrote: i'm like a little nervous about psyche? but i don't want to be because i want to play with psyche
Psyche was in this weird position of pushing some and defending me, and i don’t get what they get from that if scum unless they wanted my wagon to go through, I guess without pushing it.

I’m lean town on them.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 437, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Interesting.

sure, note away

i haven't checked your iso lately where are you at on tl, jv and dragons?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Neither do I, especially when they said this (quoted below)
In post 380, TemporalLich wrote: why is there no "I'm town and am pretending to be frustrated" quantum state?
It could be that they saw this as an out, but eh

wiki // GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by the worst »

i think that's kind of where i'm at with tl. it's either authentic moonlogic or logic and i don't really care which, i don't see a way to assess the motivation of it and i'm not going to bend myself into a pretzel over it when i don't really think tl is scummy anyway
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 441, the worst wrote:
In post 437, Flavor Leaf wrote:

Interesting.

sure, note away

i haven't checked your iso lately where are you at on tl, jv and dragons?
He thinks I'm scummy af

wiki // GTKAS
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 439, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Same page.

I don't sense any malice at all, in fact all the fabricated logic was actually to town-read people (you).
Malice probably was the wrong term. Scum motivated was more what I meant, and I do see scum motivation in the posts.

The tone of temporal is very townie, though, and I don’t necessarily think that’s something they could fake very well, although not impossible.

Idk. Their logic isn’t good, but it helps protect their positioning? I wanna say it looks more like silly town, but i also don’t want to underestimate TL. I can’t say I’ve played with them a lot, but they were in my last BooneyToonz game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by the worst »

ah valid i might've been inferring more antagonism from u towards tl than u intended
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 445, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 439, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Same page.

Malice probably was the wrong term. Scum motivated was more what I meant, and I do see scum motivation in the posts.

The tone of temporal is very townie, though, and I don’t necessarily think that’s something they could fake very well, although not impossible.

Idk. Their logic isn’t good, but it helps protect their positioning? I wanna say it looks more like silly town, but i also don’t want to underestimate TL. I can’t say I’ve played with them a lot, but they were in my last BooneyToonz game.
The only scum motivation I can feel from that is what you said earlier, with trying to not get NK'd by the other team. But nothing that I'd want pushed rn, I think they're just Town until further notice.

wiki // GTKAS
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

my thoughts are that I need to reevaluate my entire lead rist as I'm kind of unable to sort anymore
time will end
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by the worst »

+1 what fl is saying here

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”