Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 am

Post by T3 »

In post 123, Generic wrote:
In post 122, T3 wrote:
In post 76, Generic wrote: Estimated completed games:
Have you had victories in a mafia team?:
Favourite alignment:
Estimated completed games: 25? 30? Probably a few hundred on EpicMafia and mafia.gg.
Have you had victories in a mafia team?: My winrate as scum is 45% or so.
Favorite alignment: Scum. Fakeclaiming is my favorite part of the game!
That’s a good win rate for a role that is sometimes out of your own hands. Get the wrong team around you and it’s like cycling up a mountain.
I think the average scum winrate on MS is 48% or something lmao
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

anyway tl;dr I'd like to kill Black today

I think CCG is town and I think T3 is town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

ah shit I should've page topped my wall
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

I vaguely think Generic is town too
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

[T3, CCGeek]
[Generic]
[CCS, Aureal, Dunnstral] - null
[iamveryhappy]
[Black]

I think this is about where I'm at

iamveryhappy I just didn't really like how they randomly popped in to be like "I don't like E-2s"
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Generic »

Whatever happened to the fine art of the TL;DR?

:sigh:
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Generic »

In post 129, Dannflor wrote: [T3, CCGeek]
[Generic]
[CCS, Aureal, Dunnstral] - null
[iamveryhappy]
[Black]

I think this is about where I'm at

iamveryhappy I just didn't really like how they randomly popped in to be like "I don't like E-2s"
Wow I’m high up that list.

Are you feeling okay?
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Generic »

In post 128, Dannflor wrote: I vaguely think Generic is town too
I remember thinking that guy was suspicious.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:32 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

can't I not like forcing a hammer early?
once we got a hammer on me in 30 secs, 14p game
iavh is slightly annoyed
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Dannflor »

you can not like forcing a hammer but idk what is the point of saying you don't like e-2s in a game where it takes 5 votes to elim

we can't really wagon anyone if we're not allowed to e-2 people
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Generic »

I’m still waiting for some sort of vote count.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 122, T3 wrote:
In post 76, Generic wrote: Estimated completed games:
Have you had victories in a mafia team?:
Favourite alignment:
Estimated completed games: 25? 30? Probably a few hundred on EpicMafia and mafia.gg.
Have you had victories in a mafia team?: My winrate as scum is 45% or so.
Favorite alignment: Scum. Fakeclaiming is my favorite part of the game!
Pfffft, you don't have to be scum to fakeclaim. It's even more fun the other way!

Probably.

I never get to fakeclaim as scum. _._
In post 123, Generic wrote: That’s a good win rate for a role that is sometimes out of your own hands. Get the wrong team around you and it’s like cycling up a mountain.
What an odd perspective. How is town's success more in their own hands? I'd say it's the other way around, and not just because I have a 100% win rate as Mafia. ;)
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Generic »

I think your perspective on a mafia team is your downfall Surreal.

Mafia have to avoid outing eachother. This is a psychologists wet dream. Do they distance, do they buddy, do they buss do they protect, do they kill a player that puts them as suspicious….

I can play my greatest scum game ever and a n00b can bring me crashing down.

As town, I am flying solo. Because my fellow town don’t know I’m town and I’m not sure who they are. So I play an independent game.

Town is a single man.
Scum is a family man… then damn kids can drag you down.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 135, Generic wrote: I’m still waiting for some sort of vote count.
unofficial VC

Black (3): iamveryhappy, T3, Dannflor
CCGeek (2): Aureal, camelCasedSnivy
Generic (1): iamveryhappy
Dannflor (1): Black

Not Voting (3): Dunnstral, Generic, CCGeek
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

woops fixed*

Black (2): T3, Dannflor
CCGeek (2): Aureal, camelCasedSnivy
Generic (1): iamveryhappy
Dannflor (1): Black

Not Voting (3): Dunnstral, Generic, CCGeek
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 130, Generic wrote: Whatever happened to the fine art of the TL;DR?

TL; DR: Black is locktown
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Black »

In post 124, Dannflor wrote: Some people had a bad reaction to this, for good reason. It's a read that apologizes for itself. When people roll mafia they can often enter a game with a bit of a sense of subconscious guilt. The red role PM weighs on their conscience. It might seem ridiculous to read this much into a "probably" and a "?," but combined with the fact that Black seems like a fairly confident player, I think it betrays someone who is (whether consciously or subconsciously) a little worried that throwing out a read like that is going to be viewed negatively by the other players in the game.
This is built on the assumption that I'm a confident town player. I'm not. I think my town game is fairly weak actually, especially early in a game. I get better as the games goes on and people start to flip. On the contrary I'm much more confident as scum. Red PMs don't weigh on my conscience whatsoever

In post 124, Dannflor wrote: I think this progression too shows Black is feeling a little self-conscious to be the first one to put a read out there. If Black scum read's CCG's vote on her, why doesn't she vote him in 54? Instead, she waits until she's read and acknowledged Aureal's 51 that shades CCGeek to jump on the wagon. I think if Black had a pure and innocent heart and actually felt bad about CCG's vote she'd put a vote there without any hesitation.
I disagree with this premise entirely. I think it's standard practice for townies to apply pressure where they think it'll be beneficial. I don't even think Aureal's scumread is all that substantial tbh, but I saw an area where I could build on existing pressure and went for it

In post 124, Dannflor wrote: I also think specifically calling out "putting me at e-2" is slightly scum indicative. It is consistently more likely for town players to not pay attention to where the votes are at when they throw down a vote. Scum players have to be very careful about how they are perceived and how the timing of votes might look later down the line. And while I don't think it is necessarily scum indicative for Black to *be aware* of how many votes she has accumulated, I do think it is scum indicative that she used that as a point against CCGeek, as if she found something objectively scummy with which to discredit his push with.
This feels like a stretch just to try and twist my words to make me look worse. It wasn't CCG putting me at e-2 that I had an issue with, it was the timing and manner in which he did it. I thought I made that pretty clear in

Dannflor wrote:Black even then later acts like it doesn't make a difference whether CCGeek meant to put her at E-2 or not, despite using the fact that CCGeek had put her to E-2 as a point of suspicion against CCGeek in post 54.
Huh? You're looking at this backwards. I think it does make a difference. I asked CCG that question because if he did admit that he wouldn't have voted for me if if he knew it would put me at e-2, I would have considered that incredibly scummy

Dannflor wrote:Anyway, I imagine Black is feeling like she's under a lot of pressure for not a lot of reason pretty early in this game. But, I think if she was town, she'd more interested in trying to determine the alignments of the people on her wagon. Instead, she seems more interested in discrediting all the votes on her. I think this is evident in her pushes on both CCGeek and myself.
How do you determine the alignments of people on your wagon? I do it by engaging with them, which is what I've done here and will continue to do. Of course some of that will involve discrediting you because you're wrong about me

Dannflor wrote:What does this actually mean about my alignment? What makes it convenient that I joined a pre-existing wagon? Why would a town player not do this?
A town player could do this, absolutely. I never implied they couldn't

Dannflor wrote:I think "You're either scum with CCG or CCG is town and you're playing us both" doesn't make sense as a real town thought. I think at this point town!Black would have an idea in her head of which is more likely. She'd be constructing a world that makes my behavior and CCGeek's behavior make sense.
At the time I wasn't sure which world was more likely. I've thought about it more sinse then and I don't really see the benefit in scum!you sticking up for scum!CCG this early. I think it's more likely that only one of you is scum

Dannflor wrote:I don't think Black actually believes that because I challenged her read on CCG, that means that I made a perspective slip that makes me scum. I think she feels like she has to push me in this way and if she were town I think there would be more of an attempt to see where I'm coming from.
It was you voting for me and then talking to me like I'm town that made me push you. That sequence felt incredibly informed to me

Dannflor wrote:There's not even an attempt really to build a coherent case against me.
That's because there's not a lot to work with here. You really expect me to build a coherent case on page 5 when you've posted 3 times? You're not lockscum by any means. I'm not going to campaign to fade you based on one comment where I felt like you have an informed perspective
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Generic »

In post 140, Aureal wrote:
In post 130, Generic wrote: Whatever happened to the fine art of the TL;DR?

TL; DR: Black is locktown
I said that pages ago
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Black »

In post 136, Aureal wrote: and not just because I have a 100% win rate as Mafia
hey me too! Look at us
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:18 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

if i didnt townread you both i would say lets make it 50 :(
master at being scum(my)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Generic »

When you ladies play enough games you will learn 100% mafia win rate is a unicorn
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Black »

I don't think anyone should be locktowning me tbh. I'm a dangerous scum player. Granted I haven't rolled scum since my first 3 newbie games on the site but that probably just means I'm overdue and you should all fade me ASAP
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Generic »

In post 146, Black wrote: I don't think anyone should be locktowning me tbh. I'm a dangerous scum player. Granted I haven't rolled scum since my first 3 newbie games on the site but that probably just means I'm overdue and you should all fade me ASAP
Well you must be a very good scum player because I haven’t seen you once in the scum chat…

:wink:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 146, Black wrote: I don't think anyone should be locktowning me tbh. I'm a dangerous scum player. Granted I haven't rolled scum since my first 3 newbie games on the site but that probably just means I'm overdue and you should all fade me ASAP
what is the purpose of making this post?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Generic »

In post 148, Dannflor wrote:
what is the purpose of making this post?
This is a tactic known as reverse psychology. I know this well. I do this regularly.

Someone townreads or leans you, you undermine it. You look better because why would a Wolf argue against being town read?

Just so everyone knows, I refuse to townread black for the rest of the game. Short of a mod clear or a cop check I will be assuming she is mafia. And is currently where my vote will be going.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”