Large Normal 244 | Quotes From my Linear Algebra Professor or Random City Skylines or Random Songs: Town Wins!

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 3896, Psyche wrote: we'll see how things play out. if anyone of me, hu tao, rn flips scum, i'll give you props.
ill add tl and zzzx to the list too, even if you've moved off them (haven't been tracking this)

---

re: hu tao

i think the best case against her is in the klazam interactions. I'll give those more attention in my next post, maybe further attention will change my mind about the slot. But as a preview, these reads strike me as wishy-washy, undisambiguated. I don't even know what to say about the accusations of "political reads" and read shifting except that the same accusations have been levied or may be properly levied against slots that are now mostly uncontroversial. For example, do people still suspect TL? There are plenty of objective cases of "political" reads/vote shifting. I think hu tao has had much more incentive as either alignment to do that today given how close she has been to being limmed. The idea that town either more plausibly would or should only use reasoning and gestures of towniness to try to kill themselves from being mislimmed just doesn't strike me as generally true. I, for example, see emotional appeals as totally game. Moreover, I find hu tao's self vote and departure totally genuine. Can you imagine how frustrated you'd feel if you were being limmed over the soft guiltied guy? Of course scum can fake these emotions. But all this makes for a null read, not a speed lim candidate. My having a townlean rather than nullread on hu tao goes further than the reaction I outline here, but I feel like betting on it. I feel like I'd see something worse in her iso at this point after she's undergone so much pressure. Will be useful to learn if I'm wrong. I won't try to argue that yall made a lucky guess if she flips scum. I'll just say I was wrong and need to get better. But if she's town? Well, you can imagine.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Psyche »

"undisambiguated" i am yucky ok actually i hate the sound of my inner voice it should be quieter i should be quieter im sry
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Psyche »

oh but also hu tao's reaction to JV's guilty was ahead of the curve. she knew i needed rope before a lot of people seemed ready to commit. you can say that was scum-motivated but i think scum-hu would've accidentally tried too hard not to seem overly ravenous
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:36 am

Post by T3 »

"There will be no class on Monday. I am Jewish."

Day 2 VC 6:

Hu Tao (8 [E-3]): Cat Scratch Fever, camelCasedSnivy, Aisa, Save the Dragons, BBMolla, the worst, Flavor Leaf, Hu Tao
Psyche (8 [E-3]): Random Nurse, pisskop, JacksonVirgo, furtiveglance, Naerys, TemporalLich, bob3141, davesaz
the worst (2): shaddowez, Shrek
BBMolla (1): Psyche

Not voting (1): ZZZX

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2023-09-29 09:08:00)

With 20 alive it takes 11 to eliminate and 10 to no eliminate.

MOD NOTES: JacksonVirgo is V/LA
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 3883, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 3881, Aisa wrote: I don’t scumread Psyche on top of his claim, quite the opposite in fact, which leaves me in quite a pickle
So, what are you making of it all?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. (Disclaimer I've not read every single post in super gruesome detail)

I guess the most important thing to decide right now is whether to support the Psyche wagon. I agree that from an objective standpoint it's a pretty good wagon. I did some silly maths earlier and figure the baseline chance of both you and Psyche being town is not much higher than 15% (suppose there are like, three roleblocking roles in this game, one for each team, and each had about a 1/20 chance of being on you last night).

BUT I have this self-indulgent townread on Psyche. I think his play since the "guilty" has been towny.

I'm kinda leaning towards following my homebrew read tbh, apologies in advance I realise I'm acting kinda stubborn :?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3390, Hu Tao wrote: I'm kinda done with this game. I can deal with being misvoted out, but not over a 99% conf scum.

VOTE: Hu Tao

Not sorry. Again CSF if you were town, sorry.
This isn't scum with an easy non-aligned counterwagon.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh yeah good point
dave pinged me earlier btw I'm ready to wagon him when you want
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3904, Aisa wrote:
In post 3881, Aisa wrote: I don’t scumread Psyche on top of his claim, quite the opposite in fact, which leaves me in quite a pickle
That's what I'm trying to figure out. (Disclaimer I've not read every single post in super gruesome detail)

I guess the most important thing to decide right now is whether to support the Psyche wagon. I agree that from an objective standpoint it's a pretty good wagon. I did some silly maths earlier and figure the baseline chance of both you and Psyche being town is not much higher than 15% (suppose there are like, three roleblocking roles in this game, one for each team, and each had about a 1/20 chance of being on you last night).

BUT I have this self-indulgent townread on Psyche. I think his play since the "guilty" has been towny.

I'm kinda leaning towards following my homebrew read tbh, apologies in advance I realise I'm acting kinda stubborn :?
You actually did the math on it? Impressive. But yeah, the numbers are of course skewed based on dayplay etc but that's beyond the point.

So assuming a 15% chance that me and Psyche are both Town.

Where are you landing? Are you leaning both town or I'm wolf?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 3907, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 3904, Aisa wrote:

You actually did the math on it? Impressive. But yeah, the numbers are of course skewed based on dayplay etc but that's beyond the point.

So assuming a 15% chance that me and Psyche are both Town.

Where are you landing? Are you leaning both town or I'm wolf?
I purposefully left out my read on you because I'm not sure and it would take more time than I have today to reread your iso.

Let's ignore your claim for a moment. I don't think your play is obvtown by any stretch. You post a lot and you have this very self-assured playstyle. I think people tend to townread that. But I think your slightly aggressive energy is something you could exploit as scum if you wanted to. You're not afraid to push your scumreads and I think you could be hiding some scum motives behind a pretense of scumhunting. I don't think some of your pushes are great (I think Nurse is town) which contributes to my wariness

But I don't think you!scum is the simplest explanation in a vacuum. In a vacuum, I think you're probably just town.

Essentially in my heart right now you're both town
But I'm going to keep monitoring the situation
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3906, Aisa wrote: Oh yeah good point
dave pinged me earlier btw I'm ready to wagon him when you want
Big

I don't think we'll get a lot of support for that wagon today, but assuming no guilties tomorrow I'll vote dave.

I kind of also don't scumread Psyche aside from claims, but I feel like we need to resolve the JV claim.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 3909, furtiveglance wrote: I kind of also don't scumread Psyche aside from claims, but I feel like we need to resolve the JV claim.
Oh I would lim Psyche in a heartbeat if it was guaranteed to resolve the situation
The issue is that if he flips town it doesn't :lol:
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by pisskop »

Why is psyche still on bbm if bbm was vanilla?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 3911, pisskop wrote: Why is psyche still on bbm if bbm was vanilla?
Interesting point. I have explanations in mind but it would be good to see Psyche address this I think
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3908, Aisa wrote: I purposefully left out my read on you because I'm not sure and it would take more time than I have today to reread your iso.

Let's ignore your claim for a moment. I don't think your play is obvtown by any stretch. You post a lot and you have this very self-assured playstyle. I think people tend to townread that. But I think your slightly aggressive energy is something you could exploit as scum if you wanted to. You're not afraid to push your scumreads and I think you could be hiding some scum motives behind a pretense of scumhunting. I don't think some of your pushes are great (I think Nurse is town) which contributes to my wariness

But I don't think you!scum is the simplest explanation in a vacuum. In a vacuum, I think you're probably just town.

Essentially in my heart right now you're both town
But I'm going to keep monitoring the situation
I believe you to be Town for all the effort you've seemed to put in without actually gloating about it and trying to get cred for it, you're doing it to solve.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3902, Psyche wrote: oh but also hu tao's reaction to JV's guilty was ahead of the curve. she knew i needed rope before a lot of people seemed ready to commit. you can say that was scum-motivated but i think scum-hu would've accidentally tried too hard not to seem overly ravenous
based on what, meta they def would play this way
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

oh i havent been thinking about voting lately. ill move eventually. id do it now but im mobile and the vote tags are like multiple taps away
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

I'm awake now.

That's a good question.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by pisskop »

You just missed him dodge it
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Psyche »

heyy ive been clear on where i stand re bbm and his claim
i didnt think the vanilla result alone was enough to move my vote though. goons are vanilla. and my result was actually just a failed kill
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

not to mention that the town roleblocker alluded to protecting bbm a few times yesterday (i did not see the breadcrumbing)
its very possible my shot didnt even resolve
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by Psyche »

if the hu tao read is substantially rooted in meta, it was premature of me to call it bad. i got the impression that your meta read was somewhere in the class of experience-based vibes
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

regardless of your opinion of BBMs claim it isnt helping you now.

They cant be your biggest scumread, can they?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Psyche, who are the two top people you actually think are Scum and why?

You've been in this game long enough—I want to see some conviction instead of floundering as if you're just trying to blend in.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Psyche »

i townread bbm now
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

i think ive shown a lot of conviction, but they've primarily been in townreads, sure. soon i'll go down the playerlist and see if i have enough of those for a confident poe or if i must re-evaluate my townreads.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”