Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Abnegation »

black was at e-2? she's probably town for that lol.
haven't read anything except skimmed the most recent page, will do later.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Ircher »

Day 1 VC #6
Abnegation
(1): iamveryhappy ()

Aureal
(1): Abnegation ()

Black
(2): T3 (), Dannflor ()

CCGeek
(1): Aureal ()

T3
(1): Black ()

Not Voting
(3): CCGeek (), camelCasedSnivy (), Dunnstral ()

With 9 alive, it takes five votes to fade a player.
DeadlinesThis phase will end on Sunday, October 1, 2023 7:00 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2023-10-01 19:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2: Let me know if you spot any errors in the vote count or voting history.
3: Let me know if you go by a different pronoun than listed.
4: Prodded CCGeek. He has (expired on 2023-09-21 21:00:00) to respond in-thread before I seek a replacement.
5: Abnegation replaces Generic.

Pronoun Key1. camelCasedSnivy : he / him / his
2. T3 : he / him / his
3. Black : she / her / her
4. Aureal : she / her / her
5. Dunnstral : unspecified / unspecified / unspecified
6. Dannflor : he / him / his
7. CCGeek : he / him / his
8. iamveryhappy : he / him / his
9. Abnegation : she / her / her

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Ircher »

Seeking a replacement for CCGesk. If he returns before I find a replacement, he can keep his slot (but should message me before posting).
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

VOTE: T3

hmmmmm what a vote
master at being scum(my)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 325, Abnegation wrote: black was at e-2? she's probably town for that lol.
snerk
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Abnegation »

Spoiler: page 2 quotes
In post 32, T3 wrote:
In post 31, Generic wrote: Wait a second…

There’s a setup?
cool, here we have our first townslip! (probably!)

I'd imagine that scum would have a quick discussion about the setup and the mech in the scum PT after they receive their role PM's. That usually happens in newbie games at least.
In post 38, T3 wrote:
In post 28, Black wrote: Generic trying to read and solve already is probably a good sign?
Reasoning for my read: I thought the way that Black said this was weird. Like, why not explain why Generic's solving could be a good or bad sign?
In post 46, CCGeek wrote: Good morning. I exist. Hopefully, I will throughout this game.

I'm CCGeek, you can call me CCG or Shaun. (Or GGGeek when I gamesolve)

In post 8, Generic wrote: I spent so long reading the opening posts trying to figure out every conceivable way I could end up with a ban (or at least a warning) and I got beaten to the punch.

By a shitty vote post too.
I felt this so much. Someone clear this man for the duration of RVS.

In post 11, Aureal wrote:
dayvig: iamveryhappy
Damn, giving PS people the PS treatment is real.

In post 14, Aureal wrote:
In post 13, Black wrote:
In post 11, Aureal wrote:
dayvig: iamveryhappy
whoa the timing on this O_O
:lol:

Hi five!
Too coordinated perchance :eyes:

In post 16, Generic wrote: Since my return from semi retirement from forum mafia I had noticed the L word being considered a no no. I like some of the alternatives mentioned by the mod but can I just confirm with the players currently active, is Yeet ok around here?
Yeet, Iim, kill, I use all of the above.

In post 18, Black wrote: i definitely like yeeting and fading people
I find that wording a little suspicious. :lol:

In post 23, Generic wrote: Aureal and Black are early favourites. Im a sucker for niceness.

And Black in particular feel natural with the digression into a RL anecdote.

Cary on
Day 1 readlists, while garbage-ish from an information perspective this early for others, are a decent starting point for any player's progression. +Town early into the day.
In post 27, iamveryhappy wrote: AW FUCK I GOT DAYVIGGED
owie
omgus go brrrr
VOTE: Black
Hello clems-kun u_u
Very disappointed we didn't roll scum together

I just realized we have a Jolteon and an Umbreon in the game. Should I change my pfp to an eeveelution too? :eyes:

In post 29, Generic wrote:
In post 28, Black wrote:
In post 21, Aureal wrote: No! How else am I supposed to pocket you! :o
you should know by now you don't need to try. I exist to be in your pocket. kinda like a baby kangaroo. it's my happy place

Generic trying to read and solve already is probably a good sign?
I dont count that as solving. I have a positive opinion of two people, ironically the only two known female players to me, so maybe im just being chivalrous? :neutral:
Nah, you're willing to put in the effort and not lurk, that's what matters in RVS.

In post 35, Aureal wrote: Setup is actually linked at the end of the ruleset.

Alright, now that we've got things sorted, let's yeet some scum! VOTE: CCGeek
Nice bus. :D

In post 37, Generic wrote: Just so everyone knows. I’m very unlikely to vote until the end of the day phase.

Tossing my vote out for statement reasons doesn’t work for me. And also because people tend to use past games as meta I learned that my town play should compliment my scum play, and what’s the one thing people like to lean on when trying to identify scum? Who they voted for (or didn’t).
Beyond that, I really don’t see anyone worth voting by for right now, the game has barely got going, and I recently got my eye in playing mafia again on another site which seemed to be a faster pace than here. At least I know I won’t fall behind on my reading of this one lol.
For your information, this indicates a really really bad mindset. Town's only method of poking around for scum on D1 is voting, and the less number of people voting, the less pressure created. Not using your vote on Day as Town is the equivalent of not using your NK as scum, that is, it comes up only in very niche situations. Apart from those fairly niche situations, you're mathematically better off using your vote. I think the fact that you're used to a faster format makes sense, because this mindset comes from the faster roomchat-based games. It is not really common that in a forum format, the first D1 wagon is the lim for the day. Even if we kill off a town D1, our consolation prize is the wealth of interactions they leave behind. We have a lot more time and a lot more potential for discussion.

Speaking of discussion, right now, nothing really pops out to me except for the scattered VC, which is really to be expected this early into a game. Let's just see how this devolves from here.

The one thing I'm probably not sold on is T3's faux(?) aggression, but I'm not at all familiar with anyone's PMeta in this game apart from Iavh's.

Speaking of T3, however.
In post 38, T3 wrote:
In post 28, Black wrote: Generic trying to read and solve already is probably a good sign?
Reasoning for my read: I thought the way that Black said this was weird. Like, why not explain why Generic's solving could be a good or bad sign?
I agree that Black's tone is slightly off here, in the sense that exhibiting a desire to solve this early into the game is enough for an RVS-period clear, so the "probably" portion is slightly unnecessary and expresses doubt over something trivial, which is not the vibe I was getting from Black from her previous posts. I'm slightly more inclined to give temporary Town points to T3 for picking up on this. VOTE: Black

In post 41, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: T3
hi Dannflor, is this a random vote or is there some gutread involved in placing this vote?

In post 45, T3 wrote: Yeah but it was the way you phrased it that felt weird. Either way, I'm just grasping at straws to get discussion going.
The discussion will flow better once all of us have started actively participating and actively started wagoning.

t3 and ccgeek page 2 is ???
it's not necessarily scummy, it's just ???

was pretty self-explanatory imo, not much more that could be said there...and ccgeek is casting what seems to be at least a non-joke vote over the word "probably"?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Abnegation »

Spoiler: page 3 to about halfway through page 5
In post 51, Aureal wrote: CCGeek, how can you find T3's aggression possibly 'faux' but also agree with the point he made?

Oh right because you're scum. :lol:
i'm not sure how serious this was, but it seems a little unintuitive to me to make a read like that as scum, with the contradicting pieces right next to each other and barely any acknowledgement that they are contradicting.
In post 76, Generic wrote: Can I get everyone to give me their mafia experience/background/record?

Let’s put it like this:

Estimated completed games:
Have you had victories in a mafia team?:
Favourite alignment:

If a first game just declare yourself a n00b
(exact number) completed games: 18, or 22 if you count the ones i've replaced out of. rolled town in all but one. current completed game townstreak is 14.
have you had victories in a mafia team?: not yet.
favourite alignment: mafia :dead:
In post 98, Dannflor wrote: I think CCGeek's push on you is too inconsistent to be scum, Black
In post 105, Dannflor wrote: I don't think you are town, but I am not prideful enough to think my read on you is 100% on page 4

I think mafia tend to be hyper careful about their read progressions

CCGeek pushing you what looks to be semi-seriously and then calling it an RVS vote feels a little too sloppy to come from scum who was either looking to seriously push you or just joke vote you. That's more likely to come from a townie who has real thoughts and feelings that might seem to contradict each other

especially early in the game I think mafia are very self conscious about things like this
cool.
In post 108, Black wrote:
In post 105, Dannflor wrote: I don't think you are town, but I am not prideful enough to think my read on you is 100% on page 4
I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing comes from someone that thinks I'm probably scum. You conveniently hopped on the wagon built by others and then spoke to me as if you were trying to convince me that CCG is town. If I'm your #1 suspect then it doesn't make sense for you to address me this way. I don't like this at all

You're either scum with CCG or CCG is town and you're playing us both

VOTE: Dannflor
ah, there's the town!black i was looking for!
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Abnegation »

Spoiler: end of page 5 to page 8, mostly about black
not going to do a big wall response to dann's case as it's already been responded to, but i think a lot of the "scummy" stuff black is being pushed for (especially her reactivity this game) is actually town-indicative for her. i did want to make one note though:
In post 124, Dannflor wrote:Even her read on T3, she's like "oh it's towny because it's grasping for straws and just trying to start discussion," which discredits the actual read. The moment someone seriously scum reads her, she pushes back and discredits.
this was actually the wording that t3 used to describe his own read before black said that. feels a little disingenuous to make an accusation on that, not something i think is worth actually pushing/voting you for though.
also decided to refresh myself on some meta and found this:
In post 393, Black wrote: Kokichi is tunneling on a gut read and using confirmation bias to make stuff seem scummy that isn't

I don't like it at all
In post 146, Black wrote: I don't think anyone should be locktowning me tbh. I'm a dangerous scum player. Granted I haven't rolled scum since my first 3 newbie games on the site but that probably just means I'm overdue and you should all fade me ASAP
if i had to locktown someone today, it'd be you. i like meta reads (probably overrely on them tbh), and from what i know of you, you're in your town meta. i could be wrong about your meta or you could be emulating it well this game, you are the scum queen after all, but that's something i'd rather be paranoid about in elo if we make it there.
and you forgot about micro 1082!
In post 182, Aureal wrote:
In post 175, Dannflor wrote: aureal what do you think i should look for specifically in black's town game that is different from her scum game

lol. this is accurate.

Spoiler: page 9
O_O
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 332, Abnegation wrote:
Spoiler: end of page 5 to page 8, mostly about black
not going to do a big wall response to dann's case as it's already been responded to, but i think a lot of the "scummy" stuff black is being pushed for (especially her reactivity this game) is actually town-indicative for her. i did want to make one note though:
In post 124, Dannflor wrote:Even her read on T3, she's like "oh it's towny because it's grasping for straws and just trying to start discussion," which discredits the actual read. The moment someone seriously scum reads her, she pushes back and discredits.
this was actually the wording that t3 used to describe his own read before black said that. feels a little disingenuous to make an accusation on that, not something i think is worth actually pushing/voting you for though.
also decided to refresh myself on some meta and found this:
In post 393, Black wrote: Kokichi is tunneling on a gut read and using confirmation bias to make stuff seem scummy that isn't

I don't like it at all
In post 146, Black wrote: I don't think anyone should be locktowning me tbh. I'm a dangerous scum player. Granted I haven't rolled scum since my first 3 newbie games on the site but that probably just means I'm overdue and you should all fade me ASAP
if i had to locktown someone today, it'd be you. i like meta reads (probably overrely on them tbh), and from what i know of you, you're in your town meta. i could be wrong about your meta or you could be emulating it well this game, you are the scum queen after all, but that's something i'd rather be paranoid about in elo if we make it there.
and you forgot about micro 1082!
In post 182, Aureal wrote:
In post 175, Dannflor wrote: aureal what do you think i should look for specifically in black's town game that is different from her scum game

lol. this is accurate.

Spoiler: page 9
O_O
the slots i replace into...
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by Abnegation »

i'll finish catching up tomorrow and maybe take a look at the sideline slots i've glossed over, but for now i need sleep.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:24 am

Post by Ircher »

Prodding T3 (1d 12h), Dannflor (1d 12h), and iamveryhappy (1d 6h). They have (expired on 2023-09-23 07:30:00) to respond in-thread before I seek a replacement.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:25 am

Post by T3 »

I was in the middle of typing up a post and then I refresh the page and see this :lol:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:35 am

Post by Black »

In post 323, Aureal wrote: Well that's definitely a trade up.
Like night and day
In post 323, Aureal wrote: And no Black, I couldn't even remember who the other person who had voted you was when I was writing that post. So no read on T3 right now. Really not up to poking and prodding at that stuff right now to try for one, sorry.
Completely understandable, no worries
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:36 am

Post by Black »

In post 324, Dunnstral wrote: UNVOTE: Black

The lack of omgus towards Dann and myself gives me pause, and I do think T3's stance here is strange at least.
Do you think scum are more prone to OMGUS? In my experience that's not the case
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:38 am

Post by Black »

In post 325, Abnegation wrote: black was at e-2? she's probably town for that lol.
e-1* but yeah...

It's good to see you but I'm a bit wary of your slot so forgive me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:41 am

Post by T3 »

In post 310, Dannflor wrote: you think aureal and black make sense as scum partners?
No. First there was Aureal and Black’s friendly interaction in the early pages which I don’t usually see come from scum. As far as I can tell, Black and Aureal know each other from another site or IRL or something and if they were scum also I doubt that they would have this interaction in the thread. In fact, I had an MS game a while ago in which I rolled scum with a guy I was friends with on another site and we kept all of our excitement at seeing each other in the scum PT.

As for Aureal’s defense of Black, I can’t see that coming from s/s either. I think the defense is scummy in of itself because Aureal claims that Black is towny and only posts the defense later. However, I doubt Aureal would be so aggressive about defending Black if they were both scum.

Plus in I would expect s/s Black/Aureal to townread each other more. But Black says that she can’t get much of a read on Aureal, and says that Aureal both pockets and defends her as town and scum. I can see that post coming from town!Black who is concerned about pocketing or scum!Black who wants to keep the option of a town!Aureal lim open.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:23 am

Post by Black »

Abnegation's catch-up so far is fine. I don't agree with the concept of meta being the driving force behind a read and I find it interesting that this now makes two people in the game that pretty much only townread me based on stuff from other games. I don't really think it's a pocketing attempt though, at least it feels less like pocketing than what Aureal did because Abnegation seems to be interested in other slots
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:25 am

Post by Black »

In post 340, T3 wrote:
In post 310, Dannflor wrote: you think aureal and black make sense as scum partners?
No. First there was Aureal and Black’s friendly interaction in the early pages which I don’t usually see come from scum. As far as I can tell, Black and Aureal know each other from another site or IRL or something and if they were scum also I doubt that they would have this interaction in the thread. In fact, I had an MS game a while ago in which I rolled scum with a guy I was friends with on another site and we kept all of our excitement at seeing each other in the scum PT.

As for Aureal’s defense of Black, I can’t see that coming from s/s either. I think the defense is scummy in of itself because Aureal claims that Black is towny and only posts the defense later. However, I doubt Aureal would be so aggressive about defending Black if they were both scum.

Plus in I would expect s/s Black/Aureal to townread each other more. But Black says that she can’t get much of a read on Aureal, and says that Aureal both pockets and defends her as town and scum. I can see that post coming from town!Black who is concerned about pocketing or scum!Black who wants to keep the option of a town!Aureal lim open.
What makes me scummier than Aureal?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:41 am

Post by Black »

In post 328, camelCasedSnivy wrote: VOTE: T3

hmmmmm what a vote
Do you have any reads besides Aureal town?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:41 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

Ouchie I have been sharply poked
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:41 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

I’m going to play in a chess tournament so will respond tmr
iavh is slightly annoyed
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:42 am

Post by Ircher »

meowmeow replaces CCGeek.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:48 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 343, Black wrote:
In post 328, camelCasedSnivy wrote: VOTE: T3

hmmmmm what a vote
Do you have any reads besides Aureal town?
you're also town but less confident

T3 is mainly just because of his weird ultimatum

generic did too but in like a towny tryhard way
master at being scum(my)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

meowmeow!

I’m going to reread this game now that I’ve had some time away and see if I still feel as good about my tunnel
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:18 am

Post by meowmeow »

ok i have a question for everyone here

when you roll scum, on average, how guilty is your conscience
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”