Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

@mod if you don't mind fixing the broken tag
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 122, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 105, Datisi wrote: weak townread because i still feel the amount of thoughts in reads + the energy is like, closer to her towngame than her scumgame

but you will notice she's not in my coalition right now, so. yeah
understandable, she is efforting more than in her scumgame which is also something i mentioned i wanted to tr earlier.

i guess i have no choice but to read her casing of kittens being town / scum with you

otherwise, still looking forward for her read on THS, who she said I could be teamed with twice.
i thought he sounded awkward on entrance and i didnt like the way you said he was teamed with either me or mala and voted him.

because if you like think its 2 scum in 3 the logical next step is to coalition 5 out of the other 6. here it felt more like you were lining up lims and it didnt make sense why you thought me/mala would be partners to him in the first place.
You are always gonna be my love
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

HEAL: Hero

This could be TvT between them and THS, but Hero has an energy to their posts(almost feels like how I post when I want to effort) that says town more than THS.

THS almost feels like they are trying to get Hero in a gotcha moment.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Aristeia »

i dont think effort is a really useful tell for me and i dont think ive even really efforted much in this game. i am trying to be nicer and kinder this game :good:
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i reread aristeia/datisi, didn't get anything AI out of it tbh. i feel meh about the whole thing - Datisi's questioning is good, aristeia's reasoning is plausible for town!her but it's not something i'm townreading. i still get a bit of a tmi ping on her being so sure kittens is town.

i also reread these:
In post 74, Aristeia wrote: i thought your opening posts were kind of empty and your post explaining mech to bella felt like a scumpost in that scum like to post helpful answers for townies because its something they can do that's truthful and establish rapport. your focus on bella felt kinda pockety.

I don't really have a read on THS, he felt kind of bland in his opening but the thing that made me think you could be teamed with him was
In post 44, Hero at Heart wrote: if THS is scum, partner is probably ari or kitten.
which feels like you're kind of preflipping his as scum and lining up the next two lims afterwards
it's funny that you say that, because i am actually not interested in limming anyone. as i said, i am planning to 100% win this game in the coalition phase.
also, in context it made sense that i assumed THS was scum because i'd just voted him 2 posts prior and continuing that train of thought.
In post 75, Aristeia wrote:
In post 47, Hero at Heart wrote: cool lol

i might as well:

HEAL: Datisi, Hero, Bella, Merlyn

Drew do you want in?
I don't really think you have this many townreads already and the reach out to drew feels ?
reach to drew was an attempt to sort him which didn't work.
as to townreads - i tend to have a lot of strong townreads compared to other players, sometimes (often) they are wrong, but a lot of the time they are right. it's a matter of playstyle.
In post 91, Merlyn wrote:
In post 54, Hero at Heart wrote: would actually not mind winning this game on page 10 with an all town coalition.
lol I wonder if I just guessed your main
probably not cause this ain't somethin' i would say on my main i think
In post 109, Malakittens wrote: Ari and Datisi
Did not just have a back and forth conv about me
Did they?
They did.
lol
what do you think of it?
In post 114, Malakittens wrote: So my problem is I don’t think I have seen ari scum so idk what her scum game would look like.
her scumgame is very convincing.
In post 114, Malakittens wrote: So this makes me just not want to play Datisi in a coalition until I sort dats out further.
I lowkey am townreading ari, but then again never seen scum her so I wouldn’t want to place her in a coalition bc of that.
who are you
willing
to put in the coalition then?
and also, why does not knowing aristeia's scum meta prevent you from putting her in if you think she's town this game?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Aristeia »

well if you want to play town mayor and win on page 10 i can sit back and sheep you if you are so confident :)
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 126, Aristeia wrote: because if you like think its 2 scum in 3 the logical next step is to coalition 5 out of the other 6. here it felt more like you were lining up lims and it didnt make sense why you thought me/mala would be partners to him in the first place.
i did coalition 4 out of the other 6 and was waiting for drew to townspew himself so i could add him to coalition.

this has still not happened (despite him having slightly >rand for being town), and i actually also want a bit more content from merlyn (she really doesn't have that much content), but once they both provide content i like (if they do), then yeah i'll do that coalition.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:34 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 120, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: I just typically default to using the avatar to gauge pronouns for posters who don’t have them listed and avatar isn’t the most accurate gauge. It’s fine if you intentionally don’t care what people call you though. wasn’t a game related comment at all.
this is fair
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: OK well you’re experienced and you’re familiar with what this setup is. i’m not, and maybe i thought my idea was more novel than it actually is.
interesting. what makes you think i'm experienced and familiar with the setup?
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: ehh, a joke is a joke. i don't have any read on implosion at all. what is the best mo for scum in this phase? if you need one scum in the coalition you want to gain enough people’s trust. picking a player i don’t know out of the blue and being like "they’re scum” right out of the gate doesn’t really fit the MO of the setup.

what would you do then if you were scum?
for instance, i thought it made perfect sense for scum to pick a player (i.e. bella) and townread them off the gate. i know you are talking about the implo scumread here, but i guess it could be a mistake? scum can't be expected to act rationally 100% of the time.

great, now i feel like i'm both being too lenient with THS and simultaneously confbiasing against them.
One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 130, Aristeia wrote: well if you want to play town mayor and win on page 10 i can sit back and sheep you if you are so confident :)
you would? that's really sweet :D
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

this might sound really silly but:
@drew, merlyn, kittens, implo - feel free to townspew yourself if you are town
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 132, TheHoldSteady wrote: One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
who do you think that is? me?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 119, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 102, Merlyn wrote: I dunno, some of that is a reach.

I don't ness. think Hero is scum for giving the reasons but I don't agree with them

pedit: Bella, for example: you think someone was gonna use try and use a joke about flying in from the scumthread to try and prove later he had a scumread on implosion?
@mer, can you expand/reword this? I feel like the question is wieirdly specific when I've been talking about 'vibes' but maybe you can re frame?
yeah, I was responding to the post you made were you said you agreed with most or all of what Hero said. It surprised me that you said that bc I had just been writing a post about how some of the reasons were weaksauce. I was using the joke one as an example to ask you if you really meant it when you said you agreed with it all
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Merlyn »

UNVOTE: Ari
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 135, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 132, TheHoldSteady wrote: One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
who do you think that is? me?
I don't know yet.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:55 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Let me let you in on something: I have the unique POV where I know there was incorrectly placed suspicion on a town slot. You weren't as subtle about suspecting me as I was expecting you to be. So I'm looking at others in the thread who might subtly take advantage of the heat on my slot.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 134, Hero at Heart wrote: this might sound really silly but:
already am
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

HEAL: Ari

This seems to be townAri, and imo offering to sheep someone like she did with Hero is more town indicative, or they are both just scum.

I would tend to lean the former.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:58 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

We've still got time but let's get some organization to our approach. I'd like to challenge everyone, by Friday, to come up with 2-3 people you absolutely want in your coalition, and 2-3 people you don't.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 136, Merlyn wrote:
In post 119, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 102, Merlyn wrote: I dunno, some of that is a reach.

I don't ness. think Hero is scum for giving the reasons but I don't agree with them

pedit: Bella, for example: you think someone was gonna use try and use a joke about flying in from the scumthread to try and prove later he had a scumread on implosion?
@mer, can you expand/reword this? I feel like the question is wieirdly specific when I've been talking about 'vibes' but maybe you can re frame?
yeah, I was responding to the post you made were you said you agreed with most or all of what Hero said. It surprised me that you said that bc I had just been writing a post about how some of the reasons were weaksauce. I was using the joke one as an example to ask you if you really meant it when you said you agreed with it all
I meant mainly the two posts about Ari and TSH? What I was also intending to get across was I originally thought hero's push on tsh was more weaksauce, but is liked what they were saying about the 'feel' of the posts. I also particularly agreed with what hero said about the coalition and their reads in that specific order bc it parelled mine for similar reasons.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, they agreed with me about the days/Ari/mala thing, which comes up again where they said the re-read it and it kinda feels blank-ish for Ari but town for dats which I also how I feel.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 142, TheHoldSteady wrote: We've still got time but let's get some organization to our approach. I'd like to challenge everyone, by Friday, to come up with 2-3 people you absolutely want in your coalition, and 2-3 people you don't.
I would appreciate not being given homework lol.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by implosion »

i agree with aristeia that hero's confidence feels fake but i don't think that's scummy when hero is a self-proclaimed alt who is trying to mix up playstyle. Or at least by default I don't think it has to be scummy. I kind of feel like hero is just townie as of page 4 with the one caveat being the Veil of Altness.
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: ehh, a joke is a joke. i don't have any read on implosion at all. what is the best mo for scum in this phase? if you need one scum in the coalition you want to gain enough people’s trust. picking a player i don’t know out of the blue and being like "they’re scum” right out of the gate doesn’t really fit the MO of the setup.
This is a really fascinating line. It's like, almost lampshading the fact that he is saying "well, i was never scumreading implosion" in a post about how it's pretty townie of him to immediately call me scum (unless i'm misinterpreting). But I think it is +town just for the brazenness of a seemingly relatively new player being like "nah i'm really not playing how scum would be playing in this setup lol" in this way.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 127, Doctor Drew wrote: HEAL: Hero

This could be TvT between them and THS, but Hero has an energy to their posts(almost feels like how I post when I want to effort) that says town more than THS.

i do not like this post. but also i absolutely turbo tunneled doctor drew in the one game we played together and we were both town.
i probably will at some point. are you someone who's played with me much?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 147, implosion wrote:
In post 127, Doctor Drew wrote: HEAL: Hero

i do not like this post. but also i absolutely turbo tunneled doctor drew in the one game we played together and we were both town.
i probably will at some point. are you someone who's played with me much?
This game must have been awhile ago lol, I was trying to remember if we played together.

Also, what is the issue you have with my post?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by implosion »

I think THS is very town. his posting on the whole has a certain verve to it that feels like there's real opinionatedness and like, the right motivation behind it. Softly think bella is town.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”