Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

well anyway this post (342) convinced me you are town soooo
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

go ahead and laugh at me

i'm waiting
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:32 am

Post by Datisi »

my head hurts
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

understandable

i think (hope) that me and aristeia have just foubd each other as town. but i won't be surprised if she just starts tunneling me now, either.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Datisi »

i thought i knew who hero is and that impacted my read on him, but i just had that theory broken like three times, unless he's lying, which he probably is, and this is why i shouldn't play with alts
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i'm sorry, playing on an alt was a horrible idea and i won't do it anymore :(
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Datisi »

okay i'm actually annoyed because there's nontrivial amount of my reads that depends on shit like "who did ari think hero is" and "how much experience does hero actually have with me" and "what is their mutual history" and

pedit: now i feel bad :(

can you tell me why ari's town for you now? i saw which post you townread her for but i don't really get it
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I had a soul read on the alt but I think I'm wrong.

Tbf my read on datisi is super meta as well, but also what hero was saying about just...I don't find much reason to st them? I dunno, maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I find it harder to tr datisi just by us being super different players, but in team mafia I was Sus of them by about page five and I was right *shrug*

Beginning to think implo is town.

Is there enough people that people do agree on to have not hero, Ari or mala in the coalition?

@ari, why do you think I'm town?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

because i don't think scum!her would have the thought process of "did hero sr me because i was scum in that game? ugh i can't believe it". do u think she would?

actually i think it's best to leave meta/alts aside and just play the game straight though. i feel it's really confusing and potentially unfair for other players (i had been trying not to talk about it even though i thought it would get me tr'd by ari because it didn't feel right).

right now my tr on datisi stands. i think ari might be town but i actually want to see her reaction to my last few posts first. i want to do that long overdue scum case on THS, so that's probably my next post.

pedit: bella why are you sring me all of a sudden?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Datisi »

i think at this moment in time (like page 14) my ideal coalition would probably be dats/hero/implo/bella/ari but i am like. doubtful that's ever going to get voted in. and in the event it fails, it feels like it would be an utter shitshow.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Datisi »

actually maybe drew instead of bella
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 358, Hero at Heart wrote: because i don't think scum!her would have the thought process of "did hero sr me because i was scum in that game? ugh i can't believe it". do u think she would?
i mean, as a preemptive shutting down of a read she thinks town-you has? potentially yeah

(as i type this i still have no clue what game y'all are referring to, please don't laugh at me if what i just said is actually really stupid or something)
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 357, Bellaphant wrote: @ari, why do you think I'm town?
because the way you scumread me for townreading you and not explaining it makes sense from a town!your perspective
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 349, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 342, Aristeia wrote: if your reasoning is something like because Ari was mafia and Datisi was town in that game we played together then like I have no words
i missed that

it's not because you were mafia and he was town, it's because you were mafia and he was town and you are acting more or less the same.

anyway i guess you can go on having no words lol
I don't think I am acting remotely the same
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 348, Hero at Heart wrote: basically i think that what happened with regard to you thinking that my tr if datisi is fake based on my identity is that you thought "well datisi was townread that game since he wasn't being super townie by the book, so since in this game he is being extra townie then you should think that's scum indicative for him, because in that other game where he was town he wasn't being so townie"
no, it's because your reasoning for townreading Datisi is nonexistent. When I ask you for a basis for your townread, you have to go back and look and figure out a reason to give me rather than remembering why you townread him.

It feels remarkably similar to how you treated skitter on d1 of that game we played together - as your townread of her was something you wanted to do because you thought it would work and it was something you decided would work.

The way I think scum!you makes townreads is you decide you want to townread a person and then you look for reasons to justify your townread - it's not organic.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

also the way you exaggerate your certainty in him being town feels similar to how you treated his slot in the previous game we played together.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@hero, I'm not really, I'm talking about one we could agree on? I dunno, I still like dats' suggestion

My games I've replaced out and games with datisi are a weird correlation, just having gone ovw my meta. They've been scum on like a 3:1 ratio and I've had a correct read most of the time. My favourite thing just now was reading their scum ptnl from four years ago asking if I was timid BC of my personality or role pm
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Datisi »

..............i am confirmed a fucking idiot
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Bellaphant »

?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Datisi »

that wasn't to you, that was to ari
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I know, I just feel like this convo happening on two levels isn't helping
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

so, long overdue scum case on THS:

implo, you mentioned that you thought this was a townie post:
In post 139, TheHoldSteady wrote: Let me let you in on something: I have the unique POV where I know there was incorrectly placed suspicion on a town slot. You weren't as subtle about suspecting me as I was expecting you to be. So I'm looking at others in the thread who might subtly take advantage of the heat on my slot.
i think that in a vacuum, yes this is a townie post. the thing with THS this game is that when he started getting pressured hard, he took a sharp turn and started making a lot of "townie" posts about how he's looking at the game - except there's a huge discrepancy between what he claims to be doing and what he is actually doing.

like in the above quoted post he said that he's "looking for people subtly taking advantage of the heat he's getting", but i have not seen a single post by him where he actually points out someone who may be taking advantage of the heat he's getting.

and here:
In post 168, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 139, TheHoldSteady wrote: Let me let you in on something: I have the unique POV where I know there was incorrectly placed suspicion on a town slot. You weren't as subtle about suspecting me as I was expecting you to be. So I'm looking at others in the thread who might subtly take advantage of the heat on my slot.
two questions:
1. if i understood correctly, your sr on me was based on perceiving me as subtly trying to ride your wagon. does me not being as subtle aa you were expecting me to be change your viewpoint on me?
2. well, have you looked at the others? what did you see?
i specifically ask him about this and he never answers.

Same with this post:
In post 132, TheHoldSteady wrote: One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
he says he's looking for proactive scum, but i don't see him looking. like go, have a look at his ISO. where is he looking?

sure, he gives some reads later on which is fine, i didn't even bother to look at them, but he's not doing what he's saying he's doing.

also, when i ask him to provide thoughts on implo/drew on p7, and that he should be truthful, he gets defensive and says he has no reason to lie, which is hmm:
Spoiler:
In post 175, Hero at Heart wrote: ari, kittens, THS - what do you think of drew/implosion on page 7?
In post 182, Hero at Heart wrote: *snip*
i am trying to sort you, THS and kittens based on your answers. also if kittens or THS read this before answering, do me a favor and answer truthfully so i can sort you properly.
In post 184, TheHoldSteady wrote: Answer what truthfully specifically
In post 185, TheHoldSteady wrote: I'm admittedly having trouble getting out of the weeds here. But I have nothing to be untruthful about
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 365, Aristeia wrote: also the way you exaggerate your certainty in him being town feels similar to how you treated his slot in the previous game we played together.
lol, i knew you'd say that

what if i told you i treated his slot that way because i genuinely had these thoughts? which are the exact same thoughts i'm having right now?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 363, Aristeia wrote:
In post 349, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 342, Aristeia wrote: if your reasoning is something like because Ari was mafia and Datisi was town in that game we played together then like I have no words
i missed that

it's not because you were mafia and he was town, it's because you were mafia and he was town and you are acting more or less the same.

anyway i guess you can go on having no words lol
I don't think I am acting remotely the same
no you aren't, which is also why my read changed. on a surface level though i thought your "datisi carry me" was a huge red light with the letters "scum" engraved on it

and don't you tell me that you have no idea what i'm talking about
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:05 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

You all are too big brained for me

[SAVE]Datsi[/SAVE]
HURT: TheHoldSteady

I don't think my inclusion is very likely so I'm going to think over who else to put in the fifth spot.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”