Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:54 am

Post by TimmerRC »

re: python and comet, they both seem to be... playing? Sorry, I'm essentially null on virtually everyone at this point with Afrayed's self-aware chatter being a minor exception.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

Comet: well yes it was meant as a funny, but then was followed up with some sus posts, hense the we will see.
In post 174, TimmerRC wrote: Who are your gut feelings about?
If you really need to know...

From my post, Python and Gimli seem to have a little something going on. feels like more than "we have played together vibes."

but also... comet seems to be overly helpful with all their reads... VIP also seems to be concerned with being read as town. both have lots to say with out saying much just lots of round and round about the same players.

reading between the lines everyone seems sus...

but its just too early
Always watching
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Gimli »

shit tier reads list

DragonEater70 - town
Gimli - gimli
Cometbright - idk town?
TimmerRC - idk
Black - town?
Kittiesecret - town?
usesPython - idk
Afrayed Knott - idk
Aneninen - idk

I think I can't read a lot of this playerlist, afrayed and aneninen particularly. DE is a solid townread and I think he went off most people's scum range with the push on comet, the places he decided to push and the reasoning behind them etc. I'm townreading kittie for being a new player with lots of thoughts and trying to solve etc. I liked some of black's posting but she can definitely do whatever she did so far as scum...

it doesn't look so good rn
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 176, Kittiesecret wrote: From my post, Python and Gimli seem to have a little something going on. feels like more than "we have played together vibes."
Pretty sure we've never played with Gimli before
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 156, Aneninen wrote:
In post 146, DragonEater70 wrote: Sure:
I meant I know the struggle in general, not from this game specifically.
Though even right now as I type this I realize i only have one scumread, which is much too little.
Okay, that makes sense. Anyway, I can lend you some scumreads if you need some ^_^

Also, those lock-towns are mostly jokes then?
I think you should realize there's more nuance than "100% serious" or "mostly a joke" here. It's not black or white.

Obviously Comet townlocking Black was a joke as she mentioned, but I think Black made it fairly obvious that she's committed to townread Comet.

I believe Gimli had been fairly serious about the townlock but he will probably deny it having been hurt by my saying it was a joke. And for me, it's nuanced - I definitely felt that Gimli was my top townread at that point and looking at the trajectory of the game and of my own feelings about the game, I felt it would make sense that he will continue to be my top townread for a while. Though no, I did not think that the chance that he is scum is equal to 0.0001%, as I think you might have interpreted it.

Also I think you should try to look for more nuances in general. If you noticed, the consensus right now about who is towny and who is scummy is very different from your reads. While that in no way makes you scum or a bad player, I think the reason for that is that you don't try to figure out the hidden cues, mindsets and motivations of posts but just take them very literally - basically ignoring nuances.

Sorry if this sounds like harsh criticism, I'm just trying to teach.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

UNVOTE: Come

I think I'll have a quick read of Newbie 2112 and Newbie 2119 to refresh my meta on Comet.

Then I will do a full catchup of the last 2-4 pages.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 126, Aneninen wrote: This.
"I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away."
It may be only me, but it sounds as if you knew my alignment.
Thats based on your obvious lean to me being scum, nothing to do with what I know about you. this is straw clutching 101
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 126, Aneninen wrote: Wait-oh. You voted Timmer because of being incorrect? You consider my reads incorrect, aren't you? And you're not voting either for me or for Timmer? Actually, you're not voting at all. Besides, if thinking that having incorrect reads were scummy, about 3 players would be voting for me right now.
What you're saying doesn't add up.
wow, keep digging, No, Timmer placed a vote on me, again nothing to do with you. Again read before you jump in with both feet. And why do I NEED to have a vote in place. Any chance you want to answer that question as I have asked you before.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 126, Aneninen wrote: I do have idea why I'm posting it. For example, reactions to a list can be indicative
then say why, because you don't. yes reactions to a list could be indicative, either way. they are not just one sided.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 126, Aneninen wrote: How exactly should I have noticed that?
by reading, you obviously are skimming and not really reading.

BTW we have played together before in my last incarnation on this site
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 125, DragonEater70 wrote: Knott:
I know I already OMGUSed, but do you care to explain the vote on me? I thought it was RVS earlier but now it looks more like a serious vote so I'd like to have it explained.
(I know I'm kinda late because you switched to TImmer, but I haven't read the last 2 pages yet so you'll have to excuse my slowness)
I did during my rant with the Bird
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

@Comet could you please answer this?
In post 158, DragonEater70 wrote: One last post before I sleep:
@Comet, does Kittie give you IcetFeelsPain vibes?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 129, usesPython wrote: Knott seems like the type of player that doesn't handle pressure well and just ends up in a feedback loop of looking scummier and scummier regardless of their actual alignment
oh I love pressure.. I also like playing this way....
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 142, Aneninen wrote: Have you got experience with Knott? Or is it a kind of Miss Marple tell?
you have, when I was Smudger
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 151, Black wrote: Why did you unvote here?
I have explained this. My vote on TimmerRC was mostly reactionary to the comment on me
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 175, TimmerRC wrote: Afrayed's self-aware chatter being a minor exception
In post 89, TimmerRC wrote: Afrayed and Gimli seemed oddly defensive in tone in replying to people's thoughts against them
In post 89, TimmerRC wrote: both Afrayed and Gimli seemed oddly defensive in tone in replying to people's thoughts against them considering it is all fluffy early game stuff.
In post 173, TimmerRC wrote: Afrayed in 117 he is just very absorbed about how he is being perceived in this game and working hard to define himself for us/to suggest that we see him as he wants us to see him, which I don't love
You seem very absorbed in this campaign, and its pretty repetitive. Of course the worst thing I could possibly do is defend Gimli, but I'm not, as I have no idea about him, other than in the last game I played with him, which is ongoing so I can't really go there at the moment. Then of course if I say anything to refute your comments you could turn that around and say, "see defensive". But its strange that only after 4 posts you feel I am being defensive. Maybe ask yourself why that might be, maybe it might be based on what I have said previously. Anyway, don't want to hang around trying to divert this attention away from me and towards others, as I can see what it is doing now. I am just playing into scums hands. and it doesn't help town at all. So that's where I am now.

For what it is worth I'm not comfortable with Kittie right now, or you to be honest, and Comet.

And VIP I think is town. even with my attacks on him. also in my town drawer are Black and Dragon. The rest I am still trying to decide. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know "its indicative" for scum to not have a great read list... but hey I'm not
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:00 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

But reading Python is a little strange for me, like who is actually talking and how does this "we" work. Am I right is now understanding that there is more than one person on the other end of that keyboard?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

VOTE: usesPython

I keep reading filler imo
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by Aneninen »

I didn't like Kittie's .
I can only see two excuses for not being involved with real reads. (1) It's too early and (2) You're a new player.
Also, I can't see Gimli trying to make us believe that he's town.
Plus, "A perfect example for posting something without posting anything." was not a compliment from me. That's something I usually find scummy.
And the Cheryl Blossom on the top of the pie is the structure of the post. Quoting 98, 40, 99, 40 (again) might have had a logic... but then 112 (from me) and finally 53 only to "Hi" back to Gimli? How does this add up?
Can anyone tell me whether Kittie's playing in this way all the time?

In post 160, Black wrote: Kittie I think you mentioned your partner plays here. Are you getting any coaching from them at all?
And where was that mentioned? In the Mafia PT?

In post 163, Cometbright wrote: Black locktown was a joke, I've had no strong opinions on her so far, mostly just liking her vibe so she gets to at number 3 below the two people I have stronger reasons for townreading.
Okay. What vibes can you see there?
In post 163, Cometbright wrote: ...I only rely on my gut for reads and B: that me using logic for my reads is even scummy to begin with.
Huh?

In post 166, Cometbright wrote: Just to clarify since I think it's been causing some confusion, I'm not actually town-locking Dragon or Black (sorry!) though they are good eggs who I hope will be in this game for at least a few days cause it's fun vibing with them. I also know them better than other people in this game which is why neither are in my day 1 limpool as I feel if they are scum I'll have an easier time reading/picking up on it than I would with the rest of you.
Okay, got it.
In post 169, usesPython wrote: What if there was major mod error and everyone is town
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 173, TimmerRC wrote: Afrayed in 117 he is just very absorbed about how he is being perceived in this game and working hard to define himself for us/to suggest that we see him as he wants us to see him, which I don't love.
Good observation.
But I saw him answering a couple of things (haven't read yet), so let's see that first.

In post 176, Kittiesecret wrote: but also... comet seems to be overly helpful with all their reads... VIP also seems to be concerned with being read as town. both have lots to say with out saying much just lots of round and round about the same players.

reading between the lines everyone seems sus...

but its just too early
About the same players? If you mean the same players who're in this very game, you're right.
And I really, really don't like that you end everything saying that it's "too early". It sounds like you're trying to find excuses for your reads.

Gimli, - Wellshirt, you're not the only one without scumreads here. You put four players on your "idk" list, yet you're voting for Kittie, whom you labeled "town?". Why?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 179, DragonEater70 wrote: Also I think you should try to look for more nuances in general. If you noticed,
the consensus right now about who is towny and who is scummy is very different from your reads
. While that in no way makes you scum or a bad player, I think the reason for that is that you don't try to figure out the hidden cues, mindsets and motivations of posts but just take them very literally - basically ignoring nuances.

Sorry if this sounds like harsh criticism, I'm just trying to teach.
Yes, the underlined part disturbs me, too.
Especially because most players are townreading me in spite of my reads.
I know it's sheer speculation and it's "too early" for saying things like this now*, but what if the scum are among those who're townreading me right now?
*There it goes, Kittie, a "too early" from me.

Also, don't worry, your posts are very far from "harsh". I remember games where players had so much anger and passion inside that words like these would have sound as peacemaking...

In post 188, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 142, Aneninen wrote: Have you got experience with Knott? Or is it a kind of Miss Marple tell?
you have, when I was Smudger
Yes, I've checked it now and you indeed mentioned this earlier. But pardon me, I don't remember you. It was so long ago, I can only remember a couple of names.
Can you refresh my memory with a link?

I've read all the other things you wrote, but right now, this is the most important.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 195, Aneninen wrote: I've read all the other things you wrote, but right now, this is the most important.
I cant link to it as the account is closed. at least I cant access it.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Can you remember the name of the game? Or the mod? Or playerlist? Whatever? If so, I may have some chance to find it.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

having carried out a search - we have played in quiet a few games together

Open 627 and Open 724
Project ELO
The Road to Rome

viewtopic.php?t=65188&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65370&hilit=smudger+Aneninen
viewtopic.php?t=65184&hilit=smudger+Aneninen&start=25 This is the scum day chat - you are scum and NK me
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:25 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Thanks!
I have some remote memories and eeew. A bad-town Aneninen and a terrible-scum Aneninen.

Later I'll check your posts but now I need to go.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”