Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:46 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Have not yet read Knott's posts, will get there shortly.

First, here's a response/refutation to what VIP says about me (you don't actually have to read any of this except for point 2):
Spoiler:
In post 386, Aneninen wrote:
In post 377, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 375, Aneninen wrote: (1) You ask Python about their scumlist. They give 3 names.
(2) You name one of them.
(3) Then you start a new wagon.
For me, it looks like a scum trying to launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving. Pushing me further or returning to Timmer would have made more sense.
(1) You describe what I did.
(2) You ignore context.
(3) You say this looks like scum trying to launch a new wagon, without actually explaining why this looks that way.
(4) You ignore the fact that scum don't "try to launch wagons because the current ones are not moving".
For me, it looks like a player who doesn't really understand what scum are trying to do and therefore finds the wrong things to be "scummy".
(1) I'm glad that at least we can agree in this point.
(2) I even explained that the context was my problem.
(3) I strongly think you've been trying to build wagons, drive them to E-1 and pull out claims from townies. It was a widely known tactic scum did for rolefishing the town. And I don't think it's not happening anymore - I remember how well it could work.
(4) I think quite the opposite.
(1) K.
(2) But you clearly have no idea of what I was saying in that context. Your case on me is trying to represent me as seriously pushing Black because I feel unhappy that the currently existing wagons aren't moving (these aren't my words, they are yours). However if you actually read and , you would probably notice me saying things like "generate content" and "let's see what happens" and "DON'T HAMMER BLACK". It's freaking obvious that this wasn't a serious push, but you choose to paint it as me trying to start an actual wagon "because I am not happy with unmoving wagons" as scum (and btw, do you think town would be happy with the game not moving? I don't fucking get his).
(3) That's really funny because that's something I got accused of doing in my first game here (when I was town), and also something I don't think I ever saw scum do. So yeah I think it's an outdated scumtell.
(4) Well clearly Comet, Gimli and I all disagree with you.
In post 386, Aneninen wrote: But okay.
EVERYONE: If I'm wrong in (3) and (4) because the game's not working so anymore, tell me.
I answered this above, but just to make it clear: you are wrong.
In post 378, DragonEater70 wrote: Like there's zero critical thinking involved. Can you actually explain me why you think:
(a) That scum!me would rather "launch a launch a wagon because the current ones are not moving" over just let them not move?
(b) That scum!me, but not town!me, would prefer to ignore the options given by Python?
(c) That any of this makes any sense?
(a) Why would it be scummier to let wagons not moving (assuming they're on townies) than launching a new one and hoping it gains momentum?
(b) Among their options there were players scumread by you, weren't there?
But again, my question is right above.
(a) Because scum don't usually care which townies are eliminated and when wagons aren't moving then the town sinks in apathy and compromise lims on a townie (unless they get lucky, but as you said you are assuming the wagons are on townies)
(b) How does this answer my question? And I guess yes but not really.
In post 380, DragonEater70 wrote: And I was trying to spice things up so people have to DO something. If there's a E-2 wagon or even E-1 wagon, people have to react to it in some way. Or they can deliberately not react, but this is in itself a type of reaction. Anyway, the best games I've played were games in which a lot of different people got run up to E-2/E-1 before town settled on the final lim for the day. Games where there's just one person slowly accumulating votes, or all types of dispersed votes, tend to end in a mislim that doesn't lead to any improvement in the following days.
Is it really working that way nowadays? :-O

Still, there's one thing that disturbs me.
Python's "trollhammer" gave a lot of momentum to this game. Why do you think it was a good timing to do as you described? Especially since there are still players who's given zero reaction on my wagon or the "trollhammer". (Why is it called "meme" anyway?)
I disagree. The trollhammer created a short outburst of activity that quickly faded away once people realized that Gimli was town and they were back to not having scumreads. Just read like the 10 posts before when I did that thing and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I called it a meme because I am a guy that uses slang weirdly sometimes and I saw (or think I saw) people using the word meme with the meaning "lying as a joke / trolling" so I copied that usage.

Now, this makes it the second time that I catch VIP scumreading someone for an action that could
maaaaaaybe
be scummy in isolation, but is completely and utterly not scummy in context. And it feels to me likes VIP is not actually reading people's posts and is just forcing scumreads as much as he can. Now, this COULD be just a village idiot, but from my experience village idiots flip scum >rand, so I think this makes it a good Day 1 wagon. If you want you can also call it a policy lim - do you really want town!VIP in F5? I don't. But again this probably has >rand chance to flip scum, and considering the current gamestate I'd take that over a completely random person.

VOTE: VIP

(Yes, I know this post is "performative". It's how I write. Deal with it.)
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 395, Afrayed Knott wrote: The more I read the more the only clear choice for me is one of Kittie, Timmer or Comet.
I'm confused about how you start a post with this and end it with voting outside it.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Cometbright »

Also heads-up, Dragon just put VIP at E-1 if I'm reading votes correctly.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Cometbright »

Honestly I can't say I really feel too good about a VIP vote here... which is weird because my two of my pretty firm town reads are on it.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Black »

UNVOTE:

I'm having a rough day so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post but I don't want anyone to hammer before I can catch up
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I actually really like Knott's posting on the previous page.

I think he's town.
In post 393, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 267, Cometbright wrote: Limpool-wise... right now I've got Timmer, Kittie and Knott. I can potentially be okay with a VIP vote? My hesitation is because his playstyle seems to be based on 2014 days and rather than it being scummy it might just be... how forum mafia was played back then.
In post 305, Cometbright wrote: Python, Black, Dragon, Gimli makes 4.
What did I do to fall off your list… between these two posts. I haven’t posted in all until now. Or are you completing someone else’s list?
I think you misread what she was saying in that post. She was counting the people voting VIP.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 404, Black wrote: I'm having a rough day so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post but I don't want anyone to hammer before I can catch up
Take care of yourself Black. Hope it gets better.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 398, Aneninen wrote: *"Am I representing you right if I interpret your..."
Sorry, I was paying attention to something else meanwhile
To answer you yes. To point one above, but I didn’t complete my thought process. I should have gone on to say that there is no one pushing those three atm and so I will wait to see where that goes. Therefore I remain focused on you.

Now in point 2 you say I am miss- quoting you. Well no. I read all you had to say and take up the other points you have included as examples of your play. But it was that one line that stuck.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 395, Afrayed Knott wrote: The more I read the more the only clear choice for me is one of Kittie, Timmer or Comet. Where to place my vote becomes an issue for me and it seemed to be an issue for VIP for sometime also. I'm still in two minds on this. he does talk a good talk, like a few others here. in fact Comet Dragon and VIP seem to very good at long posts extolling how the game should be played or how scum or town does this or that. I have read them and find some of the posts very interesting. In Dragons posts I noted the following comment to myself "lots of content and some questions but I don't see them pushing anyone or being helpful". And then I still get a good vibe. VIP has been doing the same thing but he has changed in his content as the game has progressed, he seems to be under pressure, why? Not sure. But then is he trying to swing us in his towniness or is it all a bluff and part of his self proclaimed brilliance at faking town when scum. So based on that:

VOTE: VIP
Okay this post makes me completely rescind my townread on Knott.

What the actual duck.

Knott when did I do "lots of content and some questions but not pushing anyone or being helpful"? Or are you saying I said that about you? Because I didn't

Also I didn't get how your thought process went from kittie/Timmer/Comet to VIP.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Aneninen »

Dragon, I'll have an answer for your spoiler if you're interested in at all, but that will take some time, and I'm unsure whether it's going to happen today.
However,
In post 400, DragonEater70 wrote: If you want you can also call it a policy lim - do you really want town!VIP in F5? I don't. But again this probably has >rand chance to flip scum, and considering the current gamestate I'd take that over a completely random person.
If I'm merely a policy lim, I spend the time I'd spend with that answer with something more useful.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 401, Cometbright wrote:
In post 395, Afrayed Knott wrote: The more I read the more the only clear choice for me is one of Kittie, Timmer or Comet.
I'm confused about how you start a post with this and end it with voting outside it.
Oh that's a slight mindmeld.

Comet you can be town for now.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:03 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 409, Aneninen wrote: If I'm merely a policy lim, I spend the time I'd spend with that answer with something more useful.
You aren't

You can change my mind with that answer.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 399, Cometbright wrote:
In post 392, Afrayed Knott wrote: What did I do to fall off your list… between these two posts. I haven’t posted in all until now. Or are you completing someone else’s list?
...? What? When did you fall of my list?

Python, Black, Dragon and Gimli were the people who voted for Anen/VIP during the fake hammer.
Ok got it, so I’m still on your list?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 401, Cometbright wrote:
That’s because I don’t complete my thought process in that post. I have now above
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:07 am

Post by usesPython »

ngl I have no idea how we're supposed to read Tim/Knott/VIP without a vibe check and at this point in the game the focus on "X is scum" instead just vibing makes us think we're not gonna be able to sort them this game period
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Cometbright »

VOTE: Afrayed Knott
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 412, Afrayed Knott wrote: Ok got it, so I’m still on your list?
Yeah
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:09 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

(there used to be a post here saying I kinda want to vote Knott but then I saw Python complaining)

K let's vibe!

I think Comet and Python are townie.
Do you agree Mr. Knott?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Comet can you tell me a bit about DnD?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Cometbright »

I'm reading from the perspective that Anen/VIP is town so statistically there's a very high chance that at least 1 scum was on the e-1 wagon out of Dragon, Black, Python and Knott. Black and Python are townreads, Dragon will sort himself out for me later, so that just leaves Knott.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:11 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Comet I think we're supposed to be vibing
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 418, DragonEater70 wrote: Comet can you tell me a bit about DnD?
It's a lot of fun but also a lot of work. Also it's really expensive when you keep commissioning art of your characters.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 414, usesPython wrote: ngl I have no idea how we're supposed to read Tim/Knott/VIP without a vibe check and at this point in the game the focus on "X is scum" instead just vibing makes us think we're not gonna be able to sort them this game period
I feel this but subtract VIP with Kittie for me.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 417, DragonEater70 wrote: (there used to be a post here saying I kinda want to vote Knott but then I saw Python complaining)

K let's vibe!

I think Comet and Python are townie.
Do you agree Mr. Knott?
Python is more town right now based on my re-read

Comet no
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 419, Cometbright wrote: I'm reading from the perspective that Anen/VIP is town so statistically there's a very high chance that at least 1 scum was on the e-1 wagon out of Dragon, Black, Python and Knott. Black and Python are townreads, Dragon will sort himself out for me later, so that just leaves Knott.
Also I disagree on the E-1 thing cause the scum could be inactive or afraid to vote, or just hiding in the shadows

Check out Day 1 of Newbie 2114 for reference: viewtopic.php?p=13691608#p13691608

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”