Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 622, Black wrote:Why?
I think I've already mentioned I didn't really find much of Kittie's points compelling in #552 but to re-establish, a lot of the points felt focusing on viewing Gimli as flip-flopping when I felt something had happened in between each flip-flop to give justification for the switch. I suppose you could say the act of flip-flopping itself is scummy but... eh...... I don't really view it as a strong scumtell. Could you point to anything you felt was particularly strong/convinced you Black? Nothing really jumps to me.

By comparison Timmer's case actually poked at an aspect to Dragon that I hadn't really picked up on myself (saying he'll have to catch up because he's not fully read the stuff yet despite being super active/replying) to be intriguing. I'm not saying it's a strong argument because it's not falsifiable or anything but it's something new and interesting to me. Also that combined with the 'scum prefers to vote on already formed wagons as opposed to starting their own' point from you in response to it I thought had me nodding my head even more. Does that make sense?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 623, usesPython wrote: I feel like Tim's case is more likely to be accurate and also more likely to come from scum compared to kittie
How so?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Black »

In post 623, usesPython wrote: I feel like Tim's case is more likely to be accurate and also more likely to come from scum compared to kittie

-A
If you think Tim's case is more likely to be accurate then why are you voting for Gimli instead of DE70?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 586, Aneninen wrote: For me the first thing was definitely a stronger one, than the second one about the timeframes. However, am I right that the whole timeframe story generates more like a gut-read in you than a logical one?
At the moment yeah timeframe is just sparking gutreads in absence of me having something concrete there.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 598, TimmerRC wrote: Everyone else is a blank in my head so this evening my plan is to give players like black, gimli etc some study.
I would be really interested to see who your townreads are here actually
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:29 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 627, Black wrote:

-A
If you think Tim's case is more likely to be accurate then why are you voting for Gimli instead of DE70?
I can see Gimli being scum but not for the reasons Kittie pointed out is my point

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Cometbright »

I'm stuck because the two top suspects forming in my head rn feel like they don't really fit as a scumteam. Hmmmm...
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:31 am

Post by usesPython »

Whereas with Tim's case I can see where he's coming from but don't think the DE scumcase is enough to push me from the inertia of feeling good about DE

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:32 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 631, Cometbright wrote: I'm stuck because the two top suspects forming in my head rn feel like they don't really fit as a scumteam. Hmmmm...
Who cares about full partner solves d1. Find scum, lim scum, solve the game from there

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:32 am

Post by usesPython »

d1 is basically just a search for the weak link on the scumteam so that you can unravel the game from there

-A
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Cometbright »

Can these weak links materialise already
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Cometbright »

Someone call Anne Robinson
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:35 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 635, Cometbright wrote: Can these weak links materialise already
The absence of weak links is also informative :good:

-A
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 637, usesPython wrote: The absence of weak links is also informative
This game feels like a fortune cookie.

And I don't like fortune cookies.
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

Jeppers a girl gets busy for a day and all of a sudden there are a million pages to read (well maybe only 5 but still!) :eek:

Ok now that my eyes are near bleeding, I'll jump in with some thoughts.

In post 518, Aneninen wrote: 498 - That's indeed a good summary on Gimli. (I've not checked it whether it was cherry-picking though, it may happen later but I've been thinking Gimli's scum anyway.)
not much to cherry pick, he doesn't post much.

In post 521, Aneninen wrote: In post 508, Kittiesecret wrote:
why is this more opportunistic than anyone else switching their votes, with or with out a reason. why did you focus in on my votes? I feel like at this point in the game they were indeed the least scandalous votes.
Wasn't there a wagon starting on Gimli at that time?
I'd have to double check but I don't believe so...

In post 540, DragonEater70 wrote: That's freaking hilarious.
Thanks, I'll be here all game!

Timmer post #561
In post 562, TimmerRC wrote: Considering that i just found that you are basically voting more than the rest of the game combined right now, I would say that you are posting a ton and know very well where the game is at? You are def my top scumread at the moment.
ooh there is some good stuff here! love me some statistics. I'm a very gut feeling person, but when it's laid out like this. It's hard not to ask the question... Dragon, are you scum?

In the spritit of analyzing statisitics:

Comet: 112
Dragon: 108
Python: 97
Black: 84
Knott: 78
VIP: 54
Gimli: 44 (oof even gimlie has posted more than me)
Timmer:29
kittie (me): 14

y'all are calling Timmer the lurker, clearly that title is taken by yours truly!

Doing an ISO on dragon and comet their content is much different. Dragon likes to throw around big but in direct and rather vague ideas, using other players reads, while comet seems to post to interact with other players.

In post 577, Afrayed Knott wrote: I feel confident though that Timmer is a scum. Their re-emergence into the game seems contrived
Why is reenterance to the game so scummy? nearly every player here took some sort of break or gap over the weekend, yourself included. Should we all be read as scum just on that alone? 'cuz that seems to be the only reason you are pointing scum on timmer???

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
In post 578, Afrayed Knott wrote: But from what I see DE is reading as he is picking up on issues within the thread, or am I being blinded by his fire and smoke?

I think you may be.... or are you willfully ignoring it because your partners? :shifty:

Interesting both Knott and dragon go down at the same time with an illness, coincidence I think knot!
(please read this with a sherlock holmes-esque voice)

In post 625, Cometbright wrote: Also that combined with the 'scum prefers to vote on already formed wagons as opposed to starting their own' point from you in response to it I thought had me nodding my head even more. Does that make sense?
what I found interesting about dragons voting style is that he seems to push for a wagon to be started by someone else, and then and only then joins it.
Always watching
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

Ps I just realized I was doing the spoiler thing wrong. :giggle:
Always watching
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

[quote=usesPython post_id=13945933 post_num=616 time=1697061620 user_id=36963

I disagree, I think you can slot newbies within a few specific archetypes and read them pretty accurately

-A
[/quote]

I agree with this for a true newbie, in the absence of experience and nuance there are definitely a few classic mistakes or styles you can look for. In the case of myself, I'm not new to mafia, I'm only new to the site's gameplay format, years ago I played dozens of games on revolutionmafia, the syndicate, epicmafia, a few others. So I've been quietly bristling(?) at Dragon's attempts to pigeonhole me into a comparison with some other player in some other game, as it is something I can't even defend against. And it feels a bit scummy to try to wrap a label around a player, as if you succeed at it, literally everything that player says from that moment forward would seem corrupted and if you wrong, which he is, you've thrown a wrench into town's play. If I recall correctly, I think he tried to label kittie as well.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

Oops, lost a bracket, there.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 640, Kittiesecret wrote: Ps I just realized I was doing the spoiler thing wrong. :giggle:

Spoiler:
text

Code: Select all

[spoiler=]text[/spoiler]

Spoiler: text
more text

[spoiler=text]more text[/spoiler]

broken spoiler

[spoiler]broken spoiler[/spoiler]
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

What does "pocket someone" mean? I've been struggling with that one all game.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 644, TimmerRC wrote: What does "pocket someone" mean? I've been struggling with that one all game.
It's when scum buddy up with a townie to not get voted by that townie
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

Perfect, thank you, Python.

I just finished an iso of Black. So my read of Black is that she follows the game and adapts her opinion of players as the game evolves.

For instance, she has gone from liking python's reads, to feeling like the "hammer" showed a bad vote from python (before realizing that it was all fake), then voted python after gimli gave thoughts they liked about them, then had a bit of a back and forth with python.

She seems focused on breaking down her thoughts on people once she puts them on her focus list, and I like that. Her opinions on Python, me, VIP and Dragon have all evolved over time.

The only thing I found odd, and I would love to hear thoughts from Black on this, is that arguably the player she has been consistently negative towards is Gimli, yet Gimli has never received a vote from Black.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 586, Aneninen wrote: Are you telling us that there's some hidden interaction between Timmer and Black?

Well, I did ask for others to give me their thoughts but nothing as yet except:

In post 639, Kittiesecret wrote: Why is reenterance to the game so scummy? nearly every player here took some sort of break or gap over the weekend, yourself included. Should we all be read as scum just on that alone? 'cuz that seems to be the only reason you are pointing scum on timmer???

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer you both and everyone, I do see something in this. The whole inter change, initially at the vote and then again after that,
So I go back to my question, as that was what it is, I need to see what everyone thinks, so indulge me please?

In post 565, Afrayed Knott wrote: Does no one else find this passage of interaction strange?

then again here to .

almost like, "Hey your wagon is rolling we need to deflect it away, so this is what is going to happen" or am I being paranoid?
In post 577, Afrayed Knott wrote: I feel confident though that Timmer is a scum. Their re-emergence into the game seems contrived and this, if I am right, places a question mark over Black.
But then I would like to hear from others on my post above regarding this.

I've possible had no responses as I did not place a question mark at the end.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 609, Cometbright wrote:
So you didn't scum read Gimli based on Kittie's case? I interpreted 540 as you indeed thinking it was a strong case and subsequently agreeing that Gimli was scummy.
After rereading Comet, in particular the last few RL days and this, I'm rescinding my scum read on Comet. And having now looked at what is being discussed with Gimli. I would agree.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 616, usesPython wrote: I disagree, I think you can slot newbies within a few specific archetypes and read them pretty accurately
how?

I’d have agreed with Comet TBH.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”