Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VC 1.13

Alisae [2]:
T3, Shirou
Ydrasse [2]:
Andresvmb, imaginality
patchwork [2]:
Firebringer, jjh927
Save The Dragons [1]:
Ydrasse
camelCasedSnivy [1]:
Prism
Prism [1]:
camelCasedSnivy
Shirou [1]:
Alisae

Not Voting [3]:
patchwork, Save The Dragons, gob

With 13 on-board, it takes 7 to force someone to walk the plank. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-10-22 18:36:06).

Mod Notes:
:]
Last edited by Dannflor on Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 747, Firebringer wrote:
In post 745, Shirou wrote: Alisae keeps saying votes are good, calls me scum multiple times, but doesn't vote me until I call her out on not following her own philosophy?

How is that not alignment indicative Fire?
alisae can simulatenously believe that and ur not worth voting for right now.
also alisae believes in that philiosphy regardless of alignment so u telling me that alisae is just contradicting own philisophy is now an alignment indicative thing for alisae for what....

is alisae scared to pressure u for fear of a 1v1 cause i think scumsae is totally cool with 1v1s.
Alisae wasn't scared of a 1v1, my guess is that she was just kinda mindlessly trying to "post content" and that's exactly why pushing/voting someone more directly didn't come up at all, she was more interested on playing this kind of "mediator" role in the game talking about how Gob should mechanically see voting or commenting about whatever is the current talk in the thread, but not really trying to get someone she was rather confident on being scum killed.

Until I called the behavior out, I guess.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Shirou has no reason to feel threatened on this page. They are not that myopic as scum. You are the one being voted, not him, and the other vote is on camel. He is under zero threat.

This looks like a townie who thinks they're the center of the universe and that someone's energy should be more on them. I have seen it a million times and I have personally done it a million times. He is obsessed with you because he wants to solve your slot. He is obsessed with you not spending more time solving his slot.

I'm not arguing with you about camel. We will not agree. "It's not impossible for a town to also react that way" is the lowest bar I've heard in awhile for a towntell. I am willing to vote you as my backup if I cannot get camel.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Prism »

And with that I will sleep, well over my posting cap. Goodnight all.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 752, Prism wrote: Shirou has no reason to feel threatened on this page.
Prism you don't know Shirou.
Shirou is the kind of person that would try to be louder than a wolf!mastina even tho it's unnecessary to try to be louder than her. He didn't need to be louder than wolf!mastina, the town would likely think that she's suspect anyways. He was anyway because he felt like it was important to look town. I just saw it as noise and it seemed unnecessary.
They care about how they are appeared as, they care about it a lot.
Just because someone is technically not in any danger does not mean that that danger is any less real to them.

and ya talking to me about camel is pointless it's a he says she says argument. I knew this from the start and I engaged w/ it because I don't rly have any reason not to. You think they're mafia I think they're town.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Shirou »

@Fire

My view from the last pages is basically that:

Alisae wasn't trying to solve who is scum and then get votes on them, which I do think is what town!Alisae would do especially given she apparently had a fairly confident scum read on me.

Alisae was trying to comment on not very important things, give the impression she's contributing with the discussion, and establish a "progression" and it all started when she began to get more widely voted.

This feels like classic scum trying to improve their image when suspected to me, I don't understand why this doesn't seem to be a more popular opinion at least as as a hypothesis.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Shirou »

and about this whole "being louder than whatever", I usually tried to be louder than others as both town and scum

I don't think I'll have the time or will to try to be "louder" than Ali depending on how much she posts though

I've spent too many nights without good sleep trying to be "louder" than others and it was one of the things about mafia that really sucked

Right now I'm just baffled that no one understands what I'm seeing in Alisae.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 725, Firebringer wrote: alisae if ur agreeing with jjh why aren't u joining in on patchwork
reading back I came across this

Why can't you see that until I called her out, Ali didn't actually give a fuck about getting supposed scum killed Fire...

To me she just wanted to *appear* to be solving the game, really.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Shirou »

Ali:
In post 669, Alisae wrote: creating wagons and being on wagons is good if you want to generate information. The more votes on a wagon the better.
In post 681, Alisae wrote: Voting things is more often than not good and being on wagons is good because it creates reads.
Guy thinks you should only vote what you wanna flip. I can't blame the guy for having a narrow view of how to use this vote, he doesn't seem that experienced.

Also Ali, except not voting anyone:
In post 659, Alisae wrote: Shirou vote on me reeks opportunism
In post 678, Alisae wrote:
In post 673, Shirou wrote: This is so LAMIST
btw this is why you're probably mafia in this game.
You didn't need to add this but you did.
In post 684, Alisae wrote: Shirou is the only one that really comes across as mafia w/ these interactions and I think their attacks on me are motivated by opportunism
In post 704, Alisae wrote: {Shirou} this is who I definitively think is mafia

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm going back to sleep but to conclude the spam:

Alisae is by far the scummiest player to me and I do not understand why this doesn't seem to be a more popular opinion given that at least in the game I played with town!Ali, she did in fact vote more freely/often to progress the game/reads just like she was talking about with Gob.

Firebringer asked why would she contradict her own philosophy, and the answer to me is: She's being honest with Gob on what she thinks is optimal mechanical play for town, but she isn't town and isn't focused on strictly imitating her town mindset here because it would be too much effort. Perhaps I don't think she realized the contradiction between what she was saying to Gob and how she was playing because again, low efforting the game.

More importantly, If she was town I don't think she would need to "think" about doing the above either, I think she would do it naturally because it's what she believes in.

Bye-bye thread~

(Aka Volpe14)
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by T3 »

It’s late and I haven’t been analyzing much but I think an Aisae flip spews camel town
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Do you know what is completely useless this game

Saying who you think is town on a theoretical scumflip
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

@shirou im not saying alisae can't possibly be scum but the reasons u given i don't see it at all. in fact the way alisae is now FoS seems more likely town focus on u than scum focus just from this last page than a scum agenda one. I think scumsae is more likely to be strategic in handling pushes.

anyways i don't want to get into prolonged argument im with prism on this that ur town and i don't get into arguments with townreads. its a waste of time and effort. Just trying to tell u that ur arguments and push reasons aren't convincing if anything gets me to think the opposite is more likely true.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 524, Firebringer wrote: that last prism post might be the best content at reading prism's alignment i have ever seen
I refuse to read it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 537, gob wrote:
In post 455, Andresvmb wrote: It’s possible Snivy knows gob is Town and is defending a slot that’ll flip in the hopes that no one will go after them tomorrow, but I don’t know how much I actually believe this take.
I do like the rest of your posts Andres.
I appreciate the positive sentiments. Didn’t mean to piss you off.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:59 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 540, gob wrote:
In post 457, Andresvmb wrote: I think Alisae’s ISO is Scummy actually. I know they’re A LOT more competent than their ISO makes it seem like they are, and they read to me like they don’t care too much what happens here.
What about Alisae's ISO did you not like? I felt they came into the thread and fluffed it up, but they were still jumping onto the StD wagon.
In post 459, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think gob, andres, shirou are all town and ydrasse + firebringer are in my probably town tier
Okay I see, you're town. I agree with everything except ydrasse.
If you start from the assumption that Alisae is a solid Town player that has shown moments of high competence, AND that they like to get their way (not unlike how I like to play, actually, but I don’t have the concentration to be as aggressive as I used to be), then you’ll start noticing that Alisae (they admit to this too) isn’t trying too hard to really establish a strong presence. It’s just an early feeling - it could just go away as the game rolls on, but I felt I needed to say it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m falling asleep. I’ll continue catching up in a few hours.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 762, Firebringer wrote: @shirou im not saying alisae can't possibly be scum but the reasons u given i don't see it at all. in fact the way alisae is now FoS seems more likely town focus on u than scum focus just from this last page than a scum agenda one. I think scumsae is more likely to be strategic in handling pushes.

anyways i don't want to get into prolonged argument im with prism on this that ur town and i don't get into arguments with townreads. its a waste of time and effort. Just trying to tell u that ur arguments and push reasons aren't convincing if anything gets me to think the opposite is more likely true.
Hmm...Okay.

I don't want to be annoying anymore so now that I've made my case, if people found it unconvincing, I'll try to mostly shut up about it although I still want to vote Ali.

I'm open to vote StD/Snivy/Patchwork though, and maybe Gob (I'm not sure).

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 767, Shirou wrote: I'm open to vote StD/Snivy/Patchwork though, and maybe Gob (I'm not sure).
To be clear, I meant this as a compromise, in case Alisae just isn't viable today.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Shirou »

It's lunch break and no new posts to read...

(Aka Volpe14)
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:39 am

Post by gob »

In post 765, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 540, gob wrote:
In post 457, Andresvmb wrote: I think Alisae’s ISO is Scummy actually. I know they’re A LOT more competent than their ISO makes it seem like they are, and they read to me like they don’t care too much what happens here.
What about Alisae's ISO did you not like? I felt they came into the thread and fluffed it up, but they were still jumping onto the StD wagon.
In post 459, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think gob, andres, shirou are all town and ydrasse + firebringer are in my probably town tier
Okay I see, you're town. I agree with everything except ydrasse.
If you start from the assumption that Alisae is a solid Town player that has shown moments of high competence, AND that they like to get their way (not unlike how I like to play, actually, but I don’t have the concentration to be as aggressive as I used to be), then you’ll start noticing that Alisae (they admit to this too) isn’t trying too hard to really establish a strong presence. It’s just an early feeling - it could just go away as the game rolls on, but I felt I needed to say it.
I'll be honest, I do not really understand your read on Alisae. Why am I assuming anything about her alignment? Unless you just mean i should assume they are a solid town player. I am not seeing any solid town play from Alisae. They do seem level headed, which is towny. I disagree that not trying to establish a strong presence is towny though. I think that's NAI.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:39 am

Post by gob »

In post 678, Alisae wrote:
In post 673, Shirou wrote: This is so LAMIST
btw this is why you're probably mafia in this game.
You didn't need to add this but you did.
Interesting
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:41 am

Post by gob »

In post 692, Alisae wrote: If you want my opinion on gob I think they're a newer player but I think their posts come from someone who is uninformed rather than someone who is informed and exploitative.

pedit: I would say a combination of both actually. You're skilled and thus it's simply is harder for you to do something that can only come from town and never comes from mafia.
I am not a newer player, I've done a lot. I'll admit I am not the best and miss a lot of simple stuff, though.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:42 am

Post by gob »

In post 700, Firebringer wrote: i do find it funny that gob unvoted because thought too many votes on alisae when wasn't even voting alisae.
still want to know why decided to sheep me onto patchwork but i don't think im gonna get an answer
I was pressuring patchwork. I am not sure I did my votes/unvotes correctly though.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:44 am

Post by gob »

In post 704, Alisae wrote: my reads right now are probably more this

{t3, ydrasse, jjh927, gob} these are my high confidence trs
{snivy, fire} these are my low confidence trs. they could be wrong but I don't think so.
{patchwork, prism} I am grasping at straws to tr them. These could definitely be wrong.
{andres, std, imaginality} this is my leftover pool
{Shirou} this is who I definitively think is mafia
In post 695, Alisae wrote: Same thing w/ Shirou.
I would say Shirou is harder to read because they're skilled and thus it's simply just harder for Shirou to do something that can only come from town.
I am willing to hear you out on Shinrou, but the second post doesn't seem like someone who definitively thinks Shinrou is mafia.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”