Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1106, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1087, jjh927 wrote: STD calling andres scum is pretty out there actually now we're on that topic
i like how people are still getting on me for being a non-presence and yet everyone's like "andres is so town guys"

also how do I appeal to everyone in your last post and put andres in the bottom as a pretty out there take in the next post? that's not consistent
Well, the other 6 slots in orange and red on your readslist are kinda a mixed bag of everyone that people had been floating as elimination options
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1124, Shirou wrote:
In post 1120, Titus wrote: Who was complaining about Alisae counterwagons then? I remember someone doing that.
Me.

This was last night, it looks kinda bad you don't remember even that Titus...
Fair. I associated scolding opposition with Prism.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1123, Prism wrote: Idea: Voting the player who has not towntold or given a nuanced take across the entire game, made up a bullshit push on T3 that was debunked by in 30 seconds by hitting "ISO", and who slipped and admitted that his only reason for pushing me made zero sense because he was obsessed with trying to give a witty one-liner and totally forgot the context he was stealing it from.
I propose you create a cool villain name for him then.

Everyone knows that the powerlevel of a villain is directly proportional to how menancing their name is.

StD is "Mr.muStaRD" or also known as "The muStaRD Man", which sounds a bit comical but also so weird, in a cosmic horror way, that it sends shivers down your spine.

Alisae obviously is "Alisae from Scumland", and it's an established series that everyone knows. It has many popular and recognizable characters such as the "Black Rabbit" and the "Mad-Shoemaker".

What kind of villain name could Camel receive to match the villainy of those other two evildoers???

The floor is yours Prism...
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:14 am

Post by jjh927 »

Why are you capitalising the R and not the T
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Shirou »

If you want to make us (the audience) believe that he's more evil than the other villains, there's no other choice other than giving him a new nickname, origin and background story yes.

Trust me on this. I know about this kind of stuff. Lots of experience writing fanfiction with 5 views per week.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 am

Post by jjh927 »

STD, just questioning but was your read on Andres (or any of your other scumreads from that readslist besides Alisae) based on anything other than likely partnership with Alisae?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

shirou can’t compete with my many kudos on ao3
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1128, jjh927 wrote: Why are you capitalising the R and not the T
Sorry I was having lunch and didn't pay attention

alternatively

there were quantum jumps when I sent the messages and the universe is at fault for randomizing information, not
*me*
:]

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1131, Ydrasse wrote: shirou can’t compete with my many kudos on ao3
Shall we compete for how many commentaries there were in each chapter??

I don't think you're ready to know I had four whole comments in one of my starting chapters.

I think it's a shame publishers had no interest on my works. I could have been a millionaire by now if they understood my writing genius as well as those teenagers online did back then.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Shirou »

Honestly I think my stuff was simply way too ahead of time.

That's why most people couldn't fully appreciate my Magnum Opus.

(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

HUNDREDS of kudos shirou!!!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Titus »

What about voting for Ydrasse the snazzy?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

VC 1.16

Alisae [4]:
T3, Shirou, Prism, camelCasedSnivy
Ydrasse [3]:
Andresvmb, imaginality, Titus
Titus [2]:
Firebringer, Ydrasse
Save The Dragons [2]:
Alisae, jjh927

Not Voting [2]:
gob, Save The Dragons

With 13 on-board, it takes 7 to force someone to walk the plank. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-10-22 18:36:06).

Mod Notes:
Titus replaces patchwork.
Last edited by Dannflor on Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1014, Ydrasse wrote:i think that town rn is maybe you, fb probably, gob, maybe jj, maybe alisae, std
what do u think abt this
I'm going to respond to your later readslist instead because it's easier to identify points of agreement.
In post 1024, Ydrasse wrote: gob firebringer jjh927
save the dragons andresvmb
prism shirou t3
alisae snivy
titus imaginality

if this is wrong it's probably like dragons or alisae somewhere in the middle tiers?
Our bottom 4 is the same but differently ordered. Right now mine probably looks like Snivy->Titus->Alisae->imaginality. Our town/nullreads are more scattered: I think jjh is well within range, while Fire and T3 are a bit above. I would be mildly surprised if Shirou were scum after the initial self-absorbed ranting, but the more recent posts seem to be intentionally leaning into it.

I don't like imaginality's reads but they're not obviously scummy. I do think his read on gob is a bad interpretation of gob on two fronts. First, the "slip" catch of gob is not very sound, as I see flipped alignment description errors like that often. Second, gob has not been trying to find viable wagons very much. gob has instead been very lukewarm about wagoning and is quick to shut down anything that might go through.

I am curious as to why imaginality switched from scumreading camel to townleaning camel.

I don't scumread jjh but I'm not impressed by the reasoning and sudden emphasis on Dragons, which is very thin and brittle, and jjh's disinterest in camel. It seems atypical not to correct me if I am going astray. I think Dragons is an immensely difficult read because his towngame is willfully, if not purposely, underdeveloped and weak, which in turn props up his scumgame when the time comes. This is why I was eager to policy Dragons when the chance presented itself, and why I am skeptical that the posts jjh emphasizes are very indicative.

jjh also claimed to not know how Titus's reasoning that "scum were inactive" pointed away from Alisae. This was bizarre and did not suggest a real attempt to step into Titus's shoes. Alisae was an active, specifically at the time Titus expected the scumteam to be posting in the PT about the replacement.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Titus »

Prism why do you scumread me aside from you be wrong on reads? You seem to follow my thoughts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:39 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1099, Titus wrote: Jj I am a bit confused on what you're wanting but I'll try to answer.

When Ydrasse slipped, it reinforced my theory that Alisae is a townbeard. That explains the wagon theory. Alisae might be scum as Prism's theory is viable in a vacuum, so I am willing to test mine v his. That wagon suggests StD town. I have at least weak trs on everyone else.
Yes but you had been talking about that supposed slip for a while before and still had Alisae in your scumpile
What happened between those two posts
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1125, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1087, jjh927 wrote: STD calling andres scum is pretty out there actually now we're on that topic
i like how people are still getting on me for being a non-presence and yet everyone's like "andres is so town guys"

also how do I appeal to everyone in your last post and put andres in the bottom as a pretty out there take in the next post? that's not consistent
Well, the other 6 slots in orange and red on your readslist are kinda a mixed bag of everyone that people had been floating as elimination options
"Scummy slots are scummy" ~jjh
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1139, Prism wrote: jjh also claimed to not know how Titus's reasoning that "scum were inactive" pointed away from Alisae. This was bizarre and did not suggest a real attempt to step into Titus's shoes. Alisae was an active, specifically at the time Titus expected the scumteam to be posting in the PT about the replacement.
Titus led with talking about Alisae, rather than ending on it as one would a conclusion
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1142, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1125, jjh927 wrote:

"Scummy slots are scummy" ~jjh
Most people have 2-3 of those as scum and the rest as town

Scumreading all of them just looks like keeping your options open
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1140, Titus wrote: Prism why do you scumread me aside from you be wrong on reads? You seem to follow my thoughts.
I think your initial entries into the game, commenting on a few things immediately in front of you, were very standard and easy to fake.

Your motive seemed to be making an immediate impact to salvage a slot criticized for inactivity. You do not seem particularly motivated to gather accurate reads: you have never seemed particularly concerned about the immense lack of context you possess, its implications for accurately assessing motivations, and a desire to get it right.

Your focus seems to be to post fast and plausibly, not to post accurately.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:44 am

Sorry

"It's scummy you think scummy slots are scummy" ~ jjh
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:45 am

Do you have any other reason to scumread me other than I'm not lying about trs
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Prism »

For probably the fourth or fifth time jjh, can you more explicitly weigh in on camel? These two posts, please.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:50 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1146, Save The Dragons wrote: Sorry

"It's scummy you think scummy slots are scummy" ~ jjh
I mean, you can be an ass about it but if you do that I'm going to keep explaining it like you don't understand it

This game has a diverse range of approaches and so one player might see something as scummy that another player sees as towny. If you asked any other individual player, they would probably not find all of those slots scummy, and would probably townread a fair few. Having basically every single slot that 2 or more people had expressed a scumread on in your scumpile makes it quite obvious that you are crowdsourcing your reads

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”