Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:12 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 185, Wartortle wrote:
In post 125, usesPython wrote:
In post 68, Naerys wrote:
In post 66, Wartortle wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 49, TheHoldSteady wrote: So, what else? Outworlder scum for continuing to push this narrative even when there's new evidence to work against it?
this does not make sense.

in OWER calls dragon scum for self-consciousness

in , python says that's normal for town dragon

in , OWER can't find town dragon doing something similarly self-conscious

then, THS says that OWER is scum because OWER in would have dropped his bad line of reasoning instead of elaborating and looking at dragon's past game

this is a bad argument.
i do not find python's evidence in convincing enough to make OWER's seem idiotic or scummy, and i do not like how THS tries to frame as completely convincingly refuting OWER's case on dragon.
THS seems suspicious indeed
Like this just gives off bad vibes, feels like she wants to push THS without calling wartle town
why would ths being scum necessitate me being town? why would naerys be expected to call me town there?
I mean if someones making cases you agree with that should make them townier in your eyes, I think the vibe feels off more because she avoids saying anything about you here
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 177, DragonEater70 wrote: Also, is nobody going to ask why I think this feels like a Newbie game?
No :good:
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:19 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 199, usesPython wrote:
In post 157, OutWorldER wrote: Also not a huge fan of Python, they point out Naerys vote on the THS wagon but I feel like their own vote they made their isn't much better, really haven't been a fan of any of their votes past RVS tbh.
Our problem with Naerys isn't that she voted for THS but that her vote feels like it was made to
not
say anything at all about wartle who she was sheeping
EBWOP
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 178, Naerys wrote: This is a simple game. So finding scum should be simple. Right?
No, it's because so far I've always seen the most analysis and the most reaching occurring in Newbies - Normals tend to be laid back in my experience, and Themes tend to be spammy with very little analysis and a lot of mech talk and vibe-based reads. Here there's actual analysis which feels distinctly like how Newbies are played.
In post 179, BlackStar wrote: I wanted to see more posts from THS and Smileydude. THS raging, calling everybody dumb and self voting felt really townie. Smiley hasn’t posted in a while, so I want to pressure him into being more active so I can sort him
Hmm yeah I agree. It does read very much like town!THS (though I don't recall having much experience if any with scum!him).

Voting as a way to get someone to post is a bit ineffective in my opinion, but sure, I guess that's valid.
In post 182, Wartortle wrote: lazy ass reads
First of all, I didn't explain the reasoning but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Second of all, yeah I was lazy when I wrote that.
In post 183, Wartortle wrote: will i get townread if i post stuff that vaguely sounds like content a lot

on the chat mafia sites i played on that was true
I'd say that will get you mildly townread by 60% of players and scumread by 30% of players (not in this game but in general).
In post 184, Wartortle wrote: this is the least spicy take i have seen in my life
I agree. I think town!Python has a slightly unusual way of looking at spiciness, so I don't think that's scum indicative for them.
In post 185, Wartortle wrote: why would ths being scum necessitate me being town? why would naerys be expected to call me town there?
THS being scum doesn't necessitate you being town, BUT you are towny regardless and I find it weird that other people aren't seeing that (I don't mind Naerys not saying it as much as I mind Wiz scumreading you).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 194, Wartortle wrote:
In post 179, BlackStar wrote: THS raging, calling everybody dumb and self voting felt really townie.
yeah it is, unfortunately

i'm gonna VOTE: python
Why?

ALso, VOTE: Enchant
I really hated that entrance.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 198, usesPython wrote:
In post 175, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 172, BlackStar wrote: I always mess up quotes lol
I never understand how people manage to break them though.
Quoting from the preview can break quotes
Oh okay, thanks
In post 197, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 196, Naerys wrote:
In post 192, TheHoldSteady wrote: UNVOTE: THS

So far I have little to no confidence in this town
This is not towny reaction
Why do you say that—is it just this unvote, or including the self-vote?
I second the question, even though I don't think a self-vote is scummy.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Enchant »

Oh my, how you could do it to me?

I am literally most towniest townie town here! May be it because you are part of
mafia
organised criminal syndicate?! That's wont do, you shall stop doing evil things, because it's my job i mean it's bad.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Enchant »

I guess i need to defend self against these undoubtfully unreasonable accusations on obvious townie. Which is me by the way!

Some people may think that only
mafia
organised criminals vote back, but that's untrue, i am simple townie fearing for my life and innocence!

VOTE: Dragon
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:58 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

What do you think of DE, Enchant? I mean, aside from the return vote?
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 124, usesPython wrote:
In post 118, DragonEater70 wrote: Anyway, while I don't think THS's wagon is NECESSARILY scum motivated, I do think it's >rand that there would be at least one scum who voted them (regardless of THS's alignment), simply because that's how early game wagons work. I like Wartortle, I hate myself but know am not scum*, I semi-like Pythin and I'm trying to pocket Naerys.

So that leaves SmileyDude1 who I am being told is towny this game, and OWER who I feel is lacking vibes-wise.

VOTE: OWER

*this is a joke, I don't hate myself
I feel like Naerys has the worst vote on the wagon, but like, not enough to do anything about it
In post 125, usesPython wrote:
In post 68, Naerys wrote:
In post 66, Wartortle wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 49, TheHoldSteady wrote: So, what else? Outworlder scum for continuing to push this narrative even when there's new evidence to work against it?
this does not make sense.

in OWER calls dragon scum for self-consciousness

in , python says that's normal for town dragon

in , OWER can't find town dragon doing something similarly self-conscious

then, THS says that OWER is scum because OWER in would have dropped his bad line of reasoning instead of elaborating and looking at dragon's past game

this is a bad argument.
i do not find python's evidence in convincing enough to make OWER's seem idiotic or scummy, and i do not like how THS tries to frame as completely convincingly refuting OWER's case on dragon.
THS seems suspicious indeed
Like this just gives off bad vibes, feels like she wants to push THS without calling wartle town
Mind Meld. Was thinking the same thing myself earlier today while at work. The timing of the vote combined with the generic agreement as justification pinged me a slight bit.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 128, AnimatedWiz wrote: Complaining about RVS and a lack of content at the end of page 1 just felt… unnatural? His subsequent posts have been read through that lens, which has likely colored my view of him in a way that’s different from what y’all have been seeing.
Maybe, but would that even be unnatural in a scummy way? I think it's generally +town to exit day 1 RVS sooner rather than later, so I'm not sure I see scum motivation for Wartortle doing that (unless it's like an attemt at a LAMIST, but I don't really get that vibe from them so far).

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 166, heipizhu4 wrote: Ooops, just notice the prod timer is running out, so prod dodge and I'll catch up tomorrow.
Was interested in your response to Wartortle's

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 164, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 153, BlackStar wrote:
In post 148, DragonEater70 wrote: I'm not sure :/

Smiley and THS I was scumreading at some point as well as OWER, but none of these are as strong right now as they were.

I think I want to see more posts from all three of them honestly.

Why are you scumreading these two?

Pedit: I don't really agree Naerys :/
The posts THS made asking Wartortle if he had previous experience felt kind of pointless to me. One of Watortle’s first posts was him mentioning that he was used to shorter days, so I didn’t get why THS was asking if he’d played before after that. It just seemed like fluff posting to me

The only post he’s made so far where he took a stance on something was when he brought up the perspective that OutworldER was scummy.

Smileydude just gives me a weird vibe so far
I was just waiting in the wings for a scum to hop on my bandwagon fot a dumb af reason and here it is.

Again, I'm VLA until Monday
In post 168, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 165, OutWorldER wrote: "Hop on the bandwagon"? BlackStar doesn't even have a vote down as of right now (which admittedly bothers me despite him having SR's on two people both of which he could reasonably place a vote down on). Incredibly defensive, my confidence in a THS vote only increases.
I've been accused of being scum in almost every town game I've played on here and my scum games, nobody suspected me. You can't read me brah, but I'm tired of explaining these dumb reasons away. Of course I didn't mean hop on the bandwagon in a literal way. I meant it as a euphemism. What next dumb reasons do you want to bring up?

VOTE: THS

Go ahead, do it. Idc
This feels more like town Hold to me. Feels similar to Micro 1092. I've seen Hold be like this as scum before in Newbie 2126, but I think there was more panic, and underlying self-conciousness there as to here. Probs didn't explain it that well, but it just feels different to me.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 204, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 179, BlackStar wrote: THS raging, calling everybody dumb and self voting felt really townie.

Why?

Can you elaborate on this? AFAIK Enchant seems to have a jokey NotMafia-esque vibe to them so gut instinct is that's an NAI entrance for them.

ADHD
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 204, DragonEater70 wrote: Can you elaborate on this? AFAIK Enchant seems to have a jokey NotMafia-esque vibe to them so gut instinct is that's an NAI entrance for them.
Oh my god, you’re totally right that Enchant plays similarly to Not_Mafia—I didn’t make that connection before.

From what I understand (I’ve only played with Enchant at the end of a single game, so a few grains of salt here), that entrance being called NAI seems accurate. They’re very, uh, difficult to read, but nothing seems afoot to me—this tracks with how they were then, in my opinion.
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

While I have you, what do you think of

ADHD
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 215, SmileyDude1 wrote: While I have you, what do you think of
I mean, there’s nothing particularly wrong with wanting to exit RVS as soon as possible, but the way he was speaking in those early posts did not strike me as town-indicative at all. I would think it townier to perhaps complain about RVS and
then
something about ending RVS like he does in , instead of that order being flipped.

Additionally, the crumbing of being a vanilla townie in was really weird, especially since it felt like he was also implying he wanted us to get to N1 ASAP, which I don’t feel like a slot with no night ability would be so keen on.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

As a member of the town, I am interested in everyone's biggest scumread at the moment
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 187, Wartortle wrote:
In post 150, Afrayed Knott wrote: Hi, All VLA as it’s the weekend, I see this has picked up, so will read it tomorrow night and get my thoughts down. Had a quick skim and seen at least one question to me about THS. Back to watching rugby and drinking special
beverages…. Cheers all
go springboks!
was a good game, and the better team won. I actually am English. So the less said the better :D
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:01 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Right, I will rea this later today now the pleasantries are done with. I need to catch up on a lot.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 208, AnimatedWiz wrote: What do you think of DE, Enchant? I mean, aside from the return vote?
VOTE: Wiz

This is such a useless question to ask and it's making me feel Wiz is just trying to appear like he's solving and engaging, but doesn't have any real intent behind it.
In post 213, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 204, DragonEater70 wrote:

Why?

Can you elaborate on this? AFAIK Enchant seems to have a jokey NotMafia-esque vibe to them so gut instinct is that's an NAI entrance for them.
You are right, but I feel town!Enchant does make an effort to solve while scum Enchant doesn't. It's probably too early to judge, but honestly I expected town!Enchant to come in and vote someone and talk about how that person is obvscum, even if it was in a trollish way and with troll reasoning.

However that read is a weaker scumread than that that I just got on Wiz from asking that question.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 211, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 166, heipizhu4 wrote: Ooops, just notice the prod timer is running out, so prod dodge and I'll catch up tomorrow.
Was interested in your response to Wartortle's
I personally know that my English is awkward because I'm not a native speaker which gives me a debuff in mafia, and I understand that.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

@DE Could you link one of your scum games pls?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I only have one where I played start to finish (I don't count 3p traitor as "scum") , here you go:

viewtopic.php?t=91408
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:06 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 220, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 208, AnimatedWiz wrote: What do you think of DE, Enchant? I mean, aside from the return vote?
VOTE: Wiz

This is such a useless question to ask and it's making me feel Wiz is just trying to appear like he's solving and engaging, but doesn't have any real intent behind it.
In post 213, SmileyDude1 wrote: AFAIK Enchant seems to have a jokey NotMafia-esque vibe to them so gut instinct is that's an NAI entrance for them.
You are right, but I feel town!Enchant does make an effort to solve while scum Enchant doesn't. It's probably too early to judge, but honestly I expected town!Enchant to come in and vote someone and talk about how that person is obvscum, even if it was in a trollish way and with troll reasoning.

However that read is a weaker scumread than that that I just got on Wiz from asking that question.
To clarify, you are saying that determining if Enchant has reasoning behind an early vote is useful to determining whether they’re scummy, but when I ask Enchant if they have reasoning, I’m asking a useless question. I don’t think I follow this logic—I feel like your defense here is just shifting attention onto me and Enchant instead of a substantial refutation.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”