Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VC 3.2

Save The Dragons [2]:
jjh927, Andresvmb
Andresvmb [2]:
Prism, T3
imaginality [1]:
Save The Dragons

Not Voting [5]:
Ydrasse, gob, Lazy Shirou, Firebringer, imaginality

With 10 on-board, it takes 6 to force someone to walk the plank. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2023-11-09 13:16:15).

Mod Notes:
:]
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Prism »

That's a great vote spread. I wonder what Andres and Dragons have to say about the other. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up: one is infamously reticent, and the other openly punting all responsibility to a third party.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Prism »

I guess the fact Andres is voting there suffices for now, but I'm not sold the stakes are sufficiently high yet.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Prism »

I am pretty torn. On the one hand, skimming back through Andres has me thinking that I should go back on Dragons. I still really do not like Dragon's progression on camel.

On the other, I still think that camel's defense of gob/Andres, usually in conjunction, was very weird and suggests one is scum. Of the two I'd lean Andres, but perhaps I am too ready to read town intent into gob's uncertainty and confusion.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Being able to read Ydrasse would make my life so much easier, but I'm too bad at the game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2594, imaginality wrote:Since my previous posts (aside from the one liner) I looked again at the time line and yeah my Prism-gob paranoia was probably indeed just paranoia. Although of the two, I still feel a bit wary of gob individually.

Town: jjh, Shirou, T3, Prism
Lean scum: gob, Ydrasse
I get that the Prism/gob speculation died and the timeline criticism eased. Can you explain why it moved me all the way up to town? I'd also appreciate an update with where your reads are at.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I mean, Gob popping up with outlandish takes and repeating the same crap from day 1 to defend STD kinda feels like STD might just be correct
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by jjh927 »

At the very least, the magic of this setup is that you can name 3 names at this point in game and get one of them wrong
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:23 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2069, gob wrote: WOULD LIM
Camel
T3
JJH
Imaginality
Andres

Scum?
Save The Dragons
camelCasedSnivy
Shirou
Titus

camel is the one who is in both of your lists. I also saw Prism scumreading Camel before. I've felt camel was solvey day 1. This past day though I feel like they have just been messing around.
In post 2097, gob wrote:
In post 2090, jjh927 wrote: There's just kinda
a lot of the people I am referring to as sheepie sleepies and each day you don't know which one of them is going to pop up and make a post that says nothing

If we start compromising to form wagons then some of them might start making naked votes, but I think that just takes us back to how we got the Alisae elimination

I'm gonna hold fast on Camel. No compromising from me
Would you like to have a real-time discussion with me about some players?
This is interesting actually

Kinda getting the feeling gob didn't want a camel wagon but didn't have any strong opinions on camel
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:03 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 360, gob wrote: We’re 100% never fading STD today.

camelCasedSnivy, Shirou, Ydrasse, Alisae, Prism

this probably has scum on back end (alisae, prism)
In post 525, gob wrote: jjh927 is also pretty towny

imginality i think just plays like that so i don't think they're scummy anymore

camel is pretty scummy for what i posted before

I still stand by what I said about the StD wagon. camelCasedSnivy, Shirou, Ydrasse, Alisae, Prism

This probably does have one scum. I'd say camel or Alisae. Prism, idk they're weird. We'll see.
In post 540, gob wrote:
In post 457, Andresvmb wrote: I think Alisae’s ISO is Scummy actually. I know they’re A LOT more competent than their ISO makes it seem like they are, and they read to me like they don’t care too much what happens here.
What about Alisae's ISO did you not like? I felt they came into the thread and fluffed it up, but they were still jumping onto the StD wagon.
In post 459, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think gob, andres, shirou are all town and ydrasse + firebringer are in my probably town tier
Okay I see, you're town. I agree with everything except ydrasse.
In post 545, gob wrote: Okay sick, I'm caught up.

Yea looking at the thread state, this is what I think.

town
camelCasedSnivy
Save The Dragons
Shirou
Ydrasse
Andresvmb
jjh927
Prism
Firebringer
T3
imaginality
Alisae
scum

null: patchwork
In post 590, gob wrote:
In post 585, T3 wrote: []
[gob]
[Ydrasse, STD, Shirou, Andres]
[patchwork, Prism, FIrebringer]
[imaginality] ---------- NULL LINE
[jjh, Alisae]
[camel]

VOTE: camel

That's a lot of players in my nulltown tier :shifty:
Why camel? Seems to be a slot that received a bunch of shade today
Collection of interesting earlygame posts
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

So uh, on camel we have

-Scum on backend of std wagon (pointing away from camel)
-Suddenly, camel is scum for what gob posted earlier (which does not exist because the prior posted quote is the only earlier commentary on camel) and is a plausible option for scum on the std wagon
-gob reads 2 posts from before, the latter of which contains camel's reads and then he's like yep that's town now because he agrees with the reads

From there and into day 2, the sparse camel related posts all basically seem to be conversing with people who scumread camel and trying to get them to do other things

Meanwhile, very much worth returning to how gob thought there was exactly 1 scum on the std wagon initially and still believes it can't be a wagon on scum even though the first vote came from a scum rvs vote that would not have expected a wagon

I think it's a gob/std scumteam
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:07 am

Post by imaginality »

I can see gob with camel but less sure on std because it seems maybe a bit risky to let camel escape before std?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:36 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 2930, Prism wrote:
In post 2594, imaginality wrote:Since my previous posts (aside from the one liner) I looked again at the time line and yeah my Prism-gob paranoia was probably indeed just paranoia. Although of the two, I still feel a bit wary of gob individually.

Town: jjh, Shirou, T3, Prism
Lean scum: gob, Ydrasse
I get that the Prism/gob speculation died and the timeline criticism eased. Can you explain why it moved me all the way up to town? I'd also appreciate an update with where your reads are at.
You got promoted to town based on vibes - in that whereas earlier I'd found it hard to get a sense of how I read your posts (they felt pro town but in a way that could come from town or from skilled scum), but that later passage of play felt like you were responding genuinely to me. It also felt like it would have been a good time to push me harder if you were scum and thought my reasons were bad, whereas you disagreed in a more open way. Gob on the other hand even though I was wrong on that particular point, I got scummier vibes from how he interacted with me.

My reads are a bit fucked after scumreading both the lims. My confidence is low and I'm secondguessing myself about who else I'm wrong about one way or the other.

Townlean:
Prism
Jjh

Unsure:

Shirou (not sure Shirou bothers to vote me for bad reasons end of D2 if he knows I'm town as well as Titus - could have reflected badly on him if I were limmed)
T3 - need to reread more
Fire (hasn't triggered any alarms but I don't feel particularly confident enough to call him town)
Andres - I remember some D2 posts seemed not great but I haven't dug back into it yet
SavetheDragons - like I say, I'm not sure camel leaves before StD (unless maybe there's some juicy associatives with StD; if there is it'd probably be someone defending him/steering attention away from him at the times it seemed his wagon could build to a lim... will try to look into that)

Scumlean:
Ydrasse
gob
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:35 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I don't think it's gob 99,9% of the time

The way he was telling us to fuck off in day 1 and doing his own thing was very town in my opinion

This push on him feels like scum trying to wide the pool
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:39 am

Post by jjh927 »

Have you read gob's one scumgame
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

You want stuff that looks like actual associatives?

I individually vaguely town lean T3 but here you go:
In post 342, camelCasedSnivy wrote: actually yeah patchwork is probably right also im voting T3

UNVOTE: Save The Dragons

VOTE: T3
In post 415, camelCasedSnivy wrote: actually im stiil interested in T3 wagon

if I'm not mistaken T3 had a wagon and it just kinda disappeared? like why cant we bring it back to life

i feel like a flip switched inside of me
In post 416, camelCasedSnivy wrote: stop being fickle and start being right
In post 556, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 548, T3 wrote:
In post 471, camelCasedSnivy wrote: does anyone have a solve
What is the point of asking this question
this is my only non-gob quote

to see if there's any votes to sheep
In post 1225, camelCasedSnivy wrote: thats quite a few nullslots

other than T3 town i suppose it makes sense
In post 2072, camelCasedSnivy wrote: speaking of which, {jjh927, std, andres, imaginality} are in my poe,
i could compromise on {T3, Prism}
but i dont think we'll get there

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Now look at the way T3 voted Camel but also backed off after some arguing

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

As Dannflor wisely said in that game
In post 1941, Dannflor wrote:I’ve read games with town gob before and he can certainly make real reads, real gut reads based off people’s behavior and actions

There’s a startling lack of that from gob this game
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 2214, T3 wrote:
In post 2188, camelCasedSnivy wrote: what is the distinction between "town that doesn't really know what they're doing" and "pretending to be clueless scum"
I do not buy this.

VOTE: camel
In post 2215, T3 wrote: Also I'm going to be more active from now on - I got a bit discouraged earlier and focused more on a game offsite
In post 2225, T3 wrote: All-in-all I still want to vote him.
In post 2227, T3 wrote:
In post 2226, camelCasedSnivy wrote: man T3 dont pretend to know my townrange or scumrange
I'm not even scumreading you for that lol
In post 2231, T3 wrote: tbh the logic of 2216 probably wasn't quite sound. Or maybe I explained my point unclearly wrt the scum and townranges.
In post 2235, T3 wrote: UNVOTE:

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:43 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

T3 v Camel interactions definitely feel like distancing

They seem to have cognitive load on each other but don't really wanna commit to voting each other

Camel said that someone town reads made sense "except town!T3" but said he could only "compromise" on T3 later

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think T3 is an example of a town player going off and doing their own thing, which can be contrasted with gob who does appear to be doing his own thing but has quite possibly not voted for scum in the entire game
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

You're putting way too much stock in shit camel said and not enough focus on the living slots

None of camel's reads actually made sense and if you go down that rabbit hole it'll be full of whatever the hell you want to find
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I wasn't keen on trying hard today to lead on anyone and still ain't, but if you're going to post about gob, which Camel publicly said "he felt a duty to defend" and "sell me on this wagon it can't be that bad since shirou is on it", I think I may as well address my own tinfoil theory which is T3.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 2945, jjh927 wrote: I think T3 is an example of a town player going off and doing their own thing, which can be contrasted with gob who does appear to be doing his own thing but has quite possibly not voted for scum in the entire game
Why do you think scum would absolutely never vote for scum here if the most important thing after a D1 mislim is to ensure one scum can endgame?

I would definitely do some bussing here in the right moments to gain town credit and endgame later as scum

I don't think voting scum for such a short period of time like T3 did even counts either

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:48 am

Post by jjh927 »

I don't think the scumteam is particularly advanced in that regard

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”