Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 549, Naerys wrote: I think either Hu Tao or Roden who are sitting on Animated wagon, might be scum. From Ani i get townie vibes. I think scum is testing waters for easy lim.
What happened to your Wartortle scumread?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Naerys »

I dislike the way he says he SR me. My view of him has not really changed. Could be buddy of either Hu Tao or Roden.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:00 am

Post by OutWorldER »

UNVOTE:

Think I trust Black's meta read on THS since I'm usually quite bad at reading impulsive players like that and I'm curious on the Roden slot case.

quote=Naerys post_id=13973015 post_num=551 time=1698954158 user_id=33598]
I dislike the way he says he SR me. My view of him has not really changed. Could be buddy of either Hu Tao or Roden.
[/quote]

You have expressed multiple SR's on various people throughout the pages but your vote hasn't changed since page 3 in . What is your read on THS? Why are you still voting him over the other people you've expressed an SR about?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:01 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 552, OutWorldER wrote: UNVOTE:

Think I trust Black's meta read on THS since I'm usually quite bad at reading impulsive players like that and I'm curious on the Roden slot case.
In post 551, Naerys wrote: I dislike the way he says he SR me. My view of him has not really changed. Could be buddy of either Hu Tao or Roden.
You have expressed multiple SR's on various people throughout the pages but your vote hasn't changed since page 3 in . What is your read on THS? Why are you still voting him over the other people you've expressed an SR about?
Fixed quote tags.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:02 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 326, Naerys wrote: Look at the scum trying to shade me again. If i missed questions aimed at me, i will answer them after i arrive home.
I am not a pocketing type of person so if you think i was trying to pocket you, you are wrong. I honestly thought THS was being suspicious, so i wanted to add some pressure on the slot.
In post 549, Naerys wrote: I think either Hu Tao or Roden who are sitting on Animated wagon, might be scum. From Ani i get townie vibes. I think scum is testing waters for easy lim.
The former post was aimed at Wiz when he was presenting his pocketing theory, which you responded by calling him scum directly, yet not placing a vote. Now you're townreading him. What changed between these two posts? There's no visible progression here.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Naerys »

Bcz my attention was demanded elsewhere. Also i am still rather tired, so i wanted to switch my votes tmorrow.
UNVOTE: THS
VOTE: Hu Tao
But now really, good night.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:12 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I don't really like that answer but to be frank you just got out of surgery so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I reread Wartortle's ISO and I think I can agree with a vote on Wartortle simply because his confidence in his own play doesn't really match with the flip-floppiness of his reads.In he says he's trying to be a town leader but I can agree with TSQ here that he seems to make no actual effort to lead the town anywhere. His fence-sitting implies a town unconfident in himself which just doesn't mesh with his earlier posts.

VOTE: Wartortle
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Black »

I'm not sold on Naerys!scum but I think if Wartortle flips red then she could be a partner. Her putting Wartortle at the bottom of her readslist and then forgetting that she thinks he could be scum makes me feel like the read may have not been real. She didn't respond to my post asking her to join the Wartortle wagon and doesn't seem to be interested in voting there at all despite scumreading him. Like OWER mentioned I kinda want to give her the benefit of the doubt with the surgery and tiredness though

I've never played with Naerys but she's giving more LHF vibes than anything, and I don't mean that as an insult in any way. I think some players are just more likely to be pushed than others
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Black »

Spicy take...I think OWER could be scum here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Black »

I don't really think OWER and Wartortle are scum together though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 558, Black wrote: Spicy take...I think OWER could be scum here
That is spicy, curious to hear why you think.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Black »

Essentially your ISO looks like mine typically looked when I was new at playing scum

feels like a reach and doesn't seem very consistent with . When you say things like "24 was really bad and I don't see town motivation for it" and "it really hits as a scum fretting over his appearance", I would expect you to be more wary of him, but instead you brush it off as "I'm not huge on DE" and you vote for Steady instead. I think this whole early sequence makes you and DE look paired

is something I did in my first few scumgames. You have stronger scumreads but you decide to park your vote on an inactive slot. You say you like "pressuring lurkers D1" which isn't necessarily scum indicative but it reminds me of myself before I learned to stop making these votes and trying to justify them. It just makes it seem like you are doing something without really having to do anything

I think scum are probably pushing Naerys this game and your shade in feels like you are positioning yourself to vote there at some point

Like your whole early game feels relatively lurky yet you are still pushing things along. You say you're busy and you work a lot so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here

The vote on Annie in feels opportunistic and when I read I get the feeling that the whole "this is anti-town at best" is you committing to a vote here despite knowing Annie is town. You also had Annie as a strong townread earlier so it feels fake that this post alone would put them at the bottom of your list. Then you say this:
In post 266, OutWorldER wrote: It does not help that your "theory" reads a lot like you actively shading Naerys without actually committing to a read on the slot. It reads like scum poisoning the well rather than a town that's solving.
Which reminds me of the stance you took on Naerys right beforehand:
In post 241, OutWorldER wrote: That said I'm also a little bit weird on Naerys at this point as I find it strange that she brings up post 20 as her reason for SRing Wartortle but only started pushing that read recently. I don't feel like that lines up with Naerys own opening in 39 and 41.
It's just strange that you find Annie scummy for essentially doing the same thing as you which was shading Naerys and not committing to a read

Your readslist in feels weird. I don't think you've mentioned or interacted with DE or Steady at all since your early vote/scumread on them. Now suddenly they are at the top of your list? That doesn't feel real to me. Like there's no progression here at all to indicate that these are real reads

Your vote for Steady in doesn't track with your readslist and your unvote in based on a weak meta read that I made makes me feel like you have no conviction in anything you are saying or doing. You just seem all over the place and pushing things to see what sticks. It feels really agenda-driven imo

And then finally your vote for Wartortle just now gives opportunistic vibes as well since pressure has shifted from Annie/Steady to Wartortle

Everything just seems fake to me, and after looking over your ISO in more detail I think I would be fine fading you or Wartortle today tbh. I don't really think you two are paired because I think you could have continued to TR him safely here instead of trying to bus, so I really need to decide which of you two is more likely to be scum here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:28 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 552, OutWorldER wrote: UNVOTE:

quote=Naerys post_id=13973015 post_num=551 time=1698954158 user_id=33598]
[/quote]

I'm not impulsive player
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Black »

Eh, I guess Wartortle and OWER could be paired. There isn't much harm in putting him to e-4 here and having his wagon run alongside Annie's
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Black »

In post 291, OutWorldER wrote: DE, THS, Wartortle <-- Townreads
Smiley <-- Townlean
Naerys, Python <-- Null
Enchant <-- Scumlean
You, Hu Tao <-- Scumreads
Like DE, THS, and Wartortle being your only townreads here just can't be real. You have voted for all 3 of them and called them scum at different points in the Day. And yeah reads change but you had the confidence to put them in the townREAD pile, not even townlean or null. In DE's case you voted for him before this list and you actually expressed a progression on him why you started to TR him, but you voted for THS and Wartortle after this list and I feel like the reasons weren't anywhere close to strong enough to drop them from a solid townread to scumread. It feels fabricated
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Enchant »

Hey that's three days until darkness! And i plan to sleep, ceirtanly!

So maybe we should decide? We are town so we must!
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:01 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 533, Wartortle wrote:
In post 477, BlackStar wrote:
In post 472, Thestatusquo wrote: Does it seem to you like he's actually trying to make the lims he wants happen?
After rereading his ISO, I think you have a point about him not trying hard to push his reads through. Before I saw him as being willing to change his reads and adapt, but now it feels like he's just shifting his vote to anyone for weak reasons
In post 478, BlackStar wrote: @Wartortle

What's your current reads list?
good progression

town:
TheHoldSteady
SmileyDude1

leaning town:
BlackStar
OutWorldER

null:
Hu Tao
Black
Roden
usesPython

leaning scum:
Thestatusquo
Enchant

scum:
Naerys

dunno:
AnimatedWiz
If you have a null section, why do you also have Wiz in his own separate section called dunno?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Black »

I think we should vote between OWER and Wartortle today in case that isn't obvious
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:05 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would be all right with going for OWER, but I would honestly consider eliminating Roden today instead—DE’s posts and the general progression of them really struck me as scummy, and the lack of any other interaction since the replacement has, uh, allowed that slot to slip under the radar some in the last day or two.

I get if the absence of Roden makes this less of a priority though.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:10 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Town
: Black, TheHoldSteady
Townlean
: BlackStar, thestatusquo, usesPython, Enchant
Null
: SmileyDude1, Hu Tao
Scumlean
: Wartortle, Naerys, OutworldER
Scum
: Roden
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Black »

Roden seems to have siteflaked and I kinda wanted to give DE's replacement time to cook before we yeeted them, but I do agree DE's posts were questionable enough that I could probably go there if need be
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:27 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 564, Black wrote:
In post 291, OutWorldER wrote: DE, THS, Wartortle <-- Townreads
Smiley <-- Townlean
Naerys, Python <-- Null
Enchant <-- Scumlean
You, Hu Tao <-- Scumreads
Like DE, THS, and Wartortle being your only townreads here just can't be real. You have voted for all 3 of them and called them scum at different points in the Day. And yeah reads change but you had the confidence to put them in the townREAD pile, not even townlean or null. In DE's case you voted for him before this list and you actually expressed a progression on him why you started to TR him, but you voted for THS and Wartortle after this list and I feel like the reasons weren't anywhere close to strong enough to drop them from a solid townread to scumread. It feels fabricated
I've never called DE's slot scum at any point in this game. I voted for him in the very early pages of the game and then never again, as you yourself observed, and I still think that slot is town. THS I flip-flop on because there are times where he posts what seems to me like genuine town emotion and other times where he makes posts which are simply baffling to me. At the time I made that reads list I thought his reactions to the push against him seemed very townie, and then he wasn't really a major player for a few pages. I also just genuinely have a lot of trouble sorting out players like him which is again why I'm trusting your meta read over my own vibes.

Wartortle I'll give you that my shift is sudden on but I did genuinely have to reread his ISO to make that shift and I did that after you and TSQ were bringing up points against him and wanted to consider them without the biases of what I felt in the early game getting in the way, after which I did find myself agreeing with those points and finding a few reasons of my own to sus him.

re: my I did have a sus on Naerys here but kept my vote on Hu Tao because of striking me as a genuinely awful post, after which Annie responded to me with his theory which I also found to be scummy and that fight happened. Events simply happened in a way where I didn't really have the time to commit to a stance on Naerys there. That's also why I don't think my post and Annie's theory are really comparable since Annie's wording seemed (to me) consciously worded to back himself out of commitment where as I simply couldn't do it due to happenstance.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:31 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Outworld, could we see an updated readslist from you? I think it would help us understand where you’re at now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I mostly have a bunch of people I don't want to lim and then a group of people I don't care about.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »